Overall, We Cheer's challenging gameplay is exhilarating. However, it does shatter preconceptions about the game. We Cheer can't be played casually and it can't be played carelessly. It's plenty of fun, but whereas Wii Sports was happy to have you simply move, We Cheer challenges you to perform.
* The gesture recognition works fine once you understand it
* The cheer gestures actually match the character's routines
* Memorizing cheer routines is engaging and fun
* Two Wii Remotes is a great way to play, but one Wii Remote works fine too
* The game's tutorials don't teach you complex moves; you'll have to figure those out on your own
* Not as easy as it looks, hence not as immediately accessible
* Some weird interface quirks