Evil Avatar writes: "The PS3's other big first person shooter franchise returns with it's second game and that is perhaps it's biggest problem.
Resistance: Fall of Man was one of the few launch titles worth buying for Sony's latest console. Although opinion was somewhat divided the general consensus was that it was worth playing and, importantly for the fledgling console, gave the brand a valuable exclusive. After success with new Ratchet & Clank titles Insomniac has returned to the period piece with new gusto and a bigger focus on...big!"
* Chaotic firefights deliver loud, smashy fun.
* The cool weapons make a return with a few new additions.
* Online play is silky smooth and very robust.
* Locations are bland and feel second-rate.
* Co-operative campaign has been hyped a little too much.
* Scale is a poor compensation for passionate, innovative design.
* The charm has been completely sucked out of the series.