Over the past year, Americans have Ba-rocked the vote, shopped for their favorite Jonas brothers memorabilia and showed their support for Britney's comeback, turning pop culture obsessions into possessions on eBay, the world's largest online marketplace.
By examining the volume of items sold relating to pop culture phenomena in categories ranging from political scandals to blockbuster movie hits to tech gadgets, eBay has identified exactly what Americans were most fascinated by in 2008.
Bard's picks for America's top 10 pop culture obsessions of 2008 include:
1. Nintendo Wii - 2,056,866 related items sold
2. Xbox 360 - 1,297,903 related items sold
3. Apple's iPod Touch - 281,361 related items sold
4. Hannah Montana - 223,139 related items sold
5. Apple's iPhone 3G - 212,837 related items sold
6. Brett Favre - 199,832 related items sold
7. Barack Obama - 111,546 related items sold
8. High School Musical Cast - 109,813 related items sold
9. Guitar Hero III - 98,159 related items sold
10. Madonna - 96,511 related items sold