The Armchair Empire writes: " Expectations were riding extremely high for Gears of War 2 (unofficially subititled, "It Has a Story This Time"). Everything was supposed to be "better and more badass" and Gears 2 does a good job of trying to deliver on that, beyond just a new coat of textured paint and a few different ways to kill Locust."
- Has a story that can be followed!
- Co-op play and online Horde mode are the best ways to play
- Looks even better than the last game
- Dom can be a friggin' idiot
- A lot of instant death
- While the environments are varied the basic mechanics of "stop and pop" with some very straightforward objectives remain steady throughout