Card-collecting games can be extremely intimidating. Veterans of card-battle duels know the lure of building another deck in a fascinating new universe. But if you've never understood the appeal of pitting your cardboard Yeti against your friend's two-dimensional Colossus, you might find these games tedious or intimidating. Culdcept Saga is neither. The depth of traditional card games is on full display here, but the addition of a game board, customizable avatars, and rules that are similar to Monopoly make Culdcept far more accessible and fun than traditional card-collecting games.
* Accessible for people unfamiliar with card-battle games
* Tons of different card types allow for unique strategies
* Unlocking new cards is rewarding
* Competitive multiplayer is unpredictable and fun.
* Bland visuals
* Some issues with online play. 8/10