L.A. Noire Switch details: Touchscreen control, Gyro aim, 1080p docked, 720p handheld

Rockstar Games Japan will publish L.A. Noire on 7 December for Nintendo Switch in Japan priced at ¥5,389 containing all five DLC packs, touch operation when removed from the dock, gyro operation in Joy-Con mode, 1080p in TV mode and 720p in portable mode. Trailer coming soon.

Read Full Story >>
japanesenintendo.com
The story is too old to be commented.
EddieNX 80d ago

Arguably the best version imo due to the portability. I'd rather buy it on my Switch than my XB1S for sure. I'm sure it will look nice on the X and Pro as well.

Genuine-User79d ago (Edited 79d ago )

michellelynn097679d ago

Yeah it is. You can play it anywhere and anytime you want, and for millions of gamers around the world. It is a reasonable point. Also, it has motion controls and it uses camera angles to make it better. So wrong on that being the only useful feature. What new feature does the PS4 or X-Box One version have? Graphics do not count.

Genuine-User79d ago (Edited 79d ago )

Read the original post.

“Arguably the best version because of portability”

What the fudge kind of bizarre reasoning is that? Was Borderlands better on the Vita because it was playable on a portable device? No, not in the slightest.

Is Doom better on the Switch because it’s playable in a portable form factor? Don’t give me a laugh.

And what a dirty cop out, why don’t graphics count all of a sudden?
————

This isn’t a slight against the Switch, I enjoy mine a lot. But let’s be reasonable, in multiplatform games the only thing going for it is its portability, it’s inferior in almost every other aspect.

Nebaku79d ago

"Portability is not even a consideration for millions of gamers"

I believe the millions who bought the Gameboy, DS, and 3ds, would disagree with you.

constantine_man79d ago

"That's not a reasonable point. Portability is not even a consideration for millions of gamers around the world. How will you argue in favour of your position and persuade a traditional console gamer?"

Then why has the Switch sold millions around the world? Why is mobile gaming bigger globally than home console gaming? If portability isn't a selling point to you then that's a YOU problem.

deafdani79d ago

Wow, so much irony in your statement.

So, what you're saying is that portaibility isn't a reasonable point because there are people that don't care for it?

What about those people who DO care about portability?

I'm one of them.

If you don't care about portability, fair enough. In that case, the Xbox One or the PS4 versions will be the best for you, for sure. But you don't speak for everyone else.

Istolla79d ago

He doesn't have to convince you of anything. Furthermore, how could you possibly know The position of millions of gamers?

81BX79d ago

@Genuine user
It seems your idea of reasoning is to get them to agree with you.

Neonridr79d ago

portability is not a reasonable selling point? But shinier graphics is?

wow.. keep dragging those chains along.

gangsta_red79d ago

@Genuine
"Read the original post.

“Arguably the best version because of portability” "

You should really learn to quote the whole statement if you're going to get this upset.

"Arguably the best version imo due to the portability."

imo...In My Opinion..

The guy is leaving his opinion on why he thinks this is the best version and for some unknown reason now he has to persuade millions of gamers around the world who are traditional console gamers.

Exactly why does he have to this?

Do you have any consideration for the millions of gamers around the world who do enjoy portability...I mean even you own a Switch.

_-EDMIX-_79d ago

I agree portability is subjective in terms of how many people might view that as a positive.

Some like Portables some do not like such a trade-off.

Uken1279d ago

@Genuine-User

I read both post. The original post and your response.

You misquoted him. "Arguably the best version IMO due to the portability."
Clearly stating he that for him he wants it for being able to play the game on the go. So that is a reason.

Do I think that makes it the best version. No. But again I have no interest in the game period.
But I could see why some may value portability more than others.
Also graphics have always mattered. What are you talking about? There are loads of garbage games that look pretty. Graphics don't make a great game, they add to it.

Rebel_Scum79d ago (Edited 79d ago )

Try having a kid. Handheld is the most convenient form of gaming for a parent and therefore would qualify as the best version for them.

Genuine-User78d ago (Edited 78d ago )

@81BX
Sure, but you’d be wrong in your assessment.

@Istolla, Nebaku, constantine-man, deafdani, Neonridr, gangsta_red and Uken12

It seems to me that all of you have left your brains outside of this thread.

Don’t fret, I’ll simplify the argument 🙂

EddieNX said:
“Arguably the best version imo due to the portability.”

I said:
That's not a reasonable point. How are you going to argue your opinion to a traditional console gamer. I didn’t receive a reply.

I said:
Portability does not automatically make your gaming experience any better or worse. I didn’t receive a reply.

I said:
Why don’t graphics matter all of a sudden? I didn’t receive a reply.

The replies that I did get were so out of mark, I don’t even know why they were aimed at me.

I never once said that portability is not a reasonable selling point or that it isn’t popular around the world. But saying that one version is ‘arguably’ the best because it can also be played in portable mode is what my argument is based around.

Kribwalker78d ago

@genuine
way to misquote yourself. at no point did you bring up his opinion

“That's not a reasonable point. Portability is not even a consideration for millions of gamers around the world. How will you argue in favour of your position and persuade a traditional console gamer?”

there’s some games like this that are single player based that is get on my switch just for portability. in my opinion it’s a great thing.

“And what a dirty cop out, why don’t graphics count all of a sudden? ”

i don’t know. if you go into any xbox onex article it would appear as if they didn’t to a large group.

gangsta_red78d ago (Edited 78d ago )

@Genuine

The best part is you think this is an "argument". You are trying so desperately hard to get him to explain his opinion on why he thinks this is the best version and for what reason? Especially when you haven't done anything yourself to convince him otherwise.

The best part is you never acknowledge it's an opinion in any of your replies but then start leaving your own comments as fact.

For example:
"Was Borderlands better on the Vita because it was playable on a portable device? No, not in the slightest."

So according to you Borderlands on Vita wasn't better is a fact unlike Eddie who said IMO.

The best part and why your *argument* falls apart is because of this quote from you...

"But let’s be reasonable, in multiplatform games the only thing going for it is its portability,"

And that's pretty much his POINT of his opinion on why he thinks this is the best version, because of it's portability. You pretty much confirmed his opinion yourself (which is hilarious) and I suspect this is why most of us here are scratching our heads reading your meltdowns and wondering what exactly is your point in all this?

"it’s inferior in almost every other aspect."

Inferior how? Was the original in 1080p, did the original have gyro operation? Did the original already come with all 5 DLC included?

"But saying that one version is ‘arguably’ the best because it can also be played in portable mode is what my argument is based around."

And again...IT"S HIS OPINION...something that you seem to not understand or grasp or maybe it's both. Especially when you make no compelling selling points yourself on why it isn't.

Genuine-User78d ago

Some of you are obsessively invested in your assumptions about what I said and meant. I can’t be asked anymore; believe whatever you want.

+ Show (15) more repliesLast reply 78d ago
Sm00thNinja79d ago

Graphics do not count lmao!!!?

Genuine-User78d ago (Edited 78d ago )

@81BX
Sure, but you’d be wrong in your assessment.

@Istolla, Nebaku, constantine-man, deafdani, Neonridr, gangsta_red and Uken12

It seems to me that all of you have left your brains outside of this thread.
Don’t fret, I’ll simplify the argument 🙂

EddieNX said:
“Arguably the best version imo due to the portability.”

I said:
That's not a reasonable point. How are you going to argue your opinion to a traditional console gamer? I didn’t receive a reply.

I said:

I said:
Why don’t graphics matter all of a sudden? I didn’t receive a reply.

Knushwood Butt79d ago

Doesn't justify the asking price.

michellelynn097679d ago

I can see that, but I think it depends on who you ask. For some people, it does justify, but for some, it does not.

wonderfulmonkeyman80d ago

So all of that for about $50.
I'll keep an eye out on it.

Concertoine79d ago

All of that for a game from 2011

R00bot79d ago

Updated with better graphics, new features, on a new console which allows it to be played anywhere. Sounds like a great deal if you've never played it before.

The 10th Rider79d ago

TBH I wouldn't be too bothered if the Switch got a bunch of old third party ports. (Granted if that's ALL it got I'd have a problem with it.) On regular consoles I don't particularly mind it, but old ports are not at all attractive to me because many of those games are on Steam and can be picked up for dirt cheap and played at higher settings already. With the Switch it's the first time many of those games would be playable on a handheld device. It'd honestly be kind of cool if it (digitally) got some of the PS2/GC/Xbox and PS3/Xbox360 games that are on Steam. I'd hardly pick all of them up, but there's certainly some that I'd love to play.

sk8ofmnd79d ago (Edited 79d ago )

Exactly, how does nintendo or the devs expect a game from 2011 with a new game sticker price, to be a success and thrive on the switch. Yeah im sure some people will buy this but most already have or will be so turned off by the price they would skip it all together. I personally would wait a few months... If this, doom, or wolfenstein dont sell well they will all see slashed prices... Unlike ninty 1st partys.

This game should be 29.99 at most... Just give it a few months

The 10th Rider79d ago (Edited 79d ago )

@sk8ofmnd,

Yeah, I'd greatly prefer that any PS3/360 era games or earlier got released on the eShop or something for $20 with little to no improvements. The appeal of the games coming over has little to do with the added features and everything to do with the game being available on a handheld. The features are nice, but not $50 USD nice. Hopefully the price drops quickly.

I feel like a lot of devs don't expect their re released games to sell particularly well at those high prices, but they just price it high because die-hard fans will pay it and then others will pick it up when the price goes down to what it should be. It's basically a way to wring more money out of people that are either huge fans or don't know any better before dropping the price for general audiences.

Neonridr79d ago

@sk8ofmnd - this game is also releasing on the XB1 and PS4 as well though.. so it's not like it's just Rockstar taking advantage of the Nintendo crowd. The Switch version will look and play identical to the base PS4 and XB1 versions with some added fluff to at least help set it apart.

wonderfulmonkeyman79d ago (Edited 79d ago )

So don't buy it, then.
I mean, you NEVER buy ANY ports of old games on ANY console, no matter what improvements the ports get for new consoles, right?
This couldn't POSSIBLY be you just coming in here to downplay the Switch version, right?
RIGHT?!

+ Show (3) more repliesLast reply 79d ago
_-EDMIX-_79d ago

I think it should be far cheaper than $50 we're talking about a game that released in 2011.

This is the same crap that Capcom was trying to pull off with Street Fighter 2 smh.

Uken1279d ago

um no. SF 2 has had like 50 rereleases. For a premium price every time. Nothing like Capcom dude.

Rockstar is doing this because the game never sold well to begin with. They are hoping to make some extra cash off of a failed game. And they decided that why not try it with the Switch also.

I think $40 would be a fair price. Not $50 though.

Concertoine78d ago

Lol you know me monkeyman. Im not just here to bash the switch.

I do buy re-releases - just not for 50 dollars.

Neonridr79d ago

Nice to see it's a feature comparable version and aside from handheld mode obviously being rendered at only 720p, it's still the same game with all the same content from the others. I hope this sells well enough so Rockstar look at porting some other titles over (or consider new titles).

meganick79d ago

There's a good chance that's coming. There are probably a lot of people who would buy GTAV on Switch for portability.

DJK1NG_Gaming79d ago

That great. It quite amusing how people were saying this is just X360 port with no enhancement LOL
Crows Served Again!

MrFisher2179d ago

I would like to see the 360 version of the game on that small screen and this newer version. I honestly wonder how noticeable the differences will be.

bluefox75579d ago (Edited 79d ago )

Yes, it has useless gimmicks that no one cares about apart from loyalists. That's not crow being served, lmao. Also, who was saying there would be no "enhancements"? Or are you just making that up? It would be pretty pathetic if they couldn't manage to improve upon a game that's over 6 years old, even on the Switch.

michellelynn097679d ago

Uh huh. So, having more accurate aiming is not a good feature? Give me a break, stop acting like you are a not fan boy when it is pretty obvious you are. Gamers act so childish now. Who cares if a machine has the most power. Controls can make an experience better. Some people did not like games on the Wii U because of the size of the control pad. Some people like the joy cons very much when it comes to playing games and that is their preference, you act like it makes them a fan boy. Maybe they like the controls, that just makes it your personal preference.

quent79d ago

Oh but a device the size of the Switch running 7th gen games, especially when it comes to la noir is pretty impressive, I give you're downplay a 2/10, needs more salt

michellelynn097679d ago

That is good. Proving the Switch can run full-HD games. I am getting it and you can bet your bottom dollar GTA 5 will come to the Switch.

MrFisher2179d ago

Sucks it even has to prove this in 2017

Nebaku79d ago

Sucks that a 300 dollar tablet has to prove it can play some of the most demanding game experiences in full, or near HD? Mkay.

Erik735779d ago

No it doesn't, it has to prove it to the retards who thinks its underpowered?

bluefox75579d ago

You realize this game was released over 6 years ago, right?

michellelynn097679d ago

So? Oh really, back in 2011? I did not know that, of course I did. Just hating to be hating, get over it. The Switch is a really powerful portable-home console. I love it and I play my games on it.

Erik735779d ago

And its getting released on ps4/xbox one as well with switch being the only portable handheld to play and run it?

bluefox75579d ago (Edited 79d ago )

Lol, no reason to get so defensive. I don't hate any piece of hardware, that would be irrational and silly. It's just a game, lol. I'm just saying, if you think it's impressive to port a 6 year old game today, then set those standards higher!

michellelynn097679d ago

Yeah, because you act like I did not know. It does not matter, the game is running at 1080, which is good, but I can live with 720. Also, the graphics have been upgraded, for all machines.

_-EDMIX-_79d ago

These people's Jaws must have touched the ground when they saw Metal Gear Solid 1 Final Fantasy 9 Resident Evil 2 and a whole bunch of PlayStation 1 games playable on the PSP 😂😂😂

Sm00thNinja79d ago

All you have is a Switch though Michelle so you have to admit you're a bit biased

michellelynn097679d ago

No, because I am not stupid, the Switch does not have the power of the PS4 or X-Box One. That being said, some on here act like the Switch is the Wii U, and it is 3x more powerful than that machine. The Switch has the games I like, but don't think I do not like the other two, well the X-Box One is eh to me. I do not see many games I want to play on it. The PS 4 has a few like Blood Borne and Horizon Zero Dawn. You can own a machine and still admit flaws, but the power is not one of them. Storage is. I do wish the Switch had a bigger internal storage. Sigh

michellelynn097679d ago

I do not like GTA, even if it was to come to the Switch, I would not get it. I would be happy for the people who want it, but even if it was a near perfect port, I am just not into GTA. Never have been, now I did like LA Noire, that is why I am gonna get it for the Switch. I like Skyrim, and Doom. Just putting it on the Switch is not gonna make me buy it.

Sm00thNinja79d ago (Edited 79d ago )

I feel ya but there's pros and cons to getting it on other consoles. I'll probably pick it up on Xbox just because I had the 1st one on Xbox.

Imo I don't want to play certain games on the Go. Certain games require my full immersive attention. Amazing visuals are part of the experience. A great setup, surround sound, 4k tv. Nothing beats it. I love taking certain games on the Go. Zelda, Mario Kart, etc. But I'm not taking Destiny 2 on the drive to work.

TallonIV79d ago

I can def see GTA coming to Switch in the near future, whether it's GTAV or a collection of the older games I'm not sure.

UKRsoldja78d ago (Edited 78d ago )

I don't know where you got you info from, but the Switch is NOT 3x the power of the WiiU. It's roughly 30% more powerful. 450 gigaflops (docked) vs around 350 (WiiU). The Xbox One (1.3 teraflops) is roughly 3.2 times the power of the WiiU and 2.8 times the power of the Switch.

Just an fyi, the Switch is also around 170 gigaflops in portable mode, or roughly 8 times less than the X1.

Akarogg 78d ago

You're forgetting that the Switch have twice the amount of RAM

+ Show (3) more repliesLast reply 78d ago
The story is too old to be commented.