Top
750°

New Confirmed Feature For The New Xbox Experience

AnalogHype: While you worrying about Xbox Live being down for another 4 hours last night, a new feature was added to the New Xbox Experience feature list.

Read Full Story >>
analoghype.com
The story is too old to be commented.
SwiffEpics3357d ago

Thats some amazing stuff right there, Xbox got some heat. But ps3 is still better :p

Monchichi0253357d ago

You can keep your little world full of teenage boys, while I'll enjoy watching movies, shows and playing casual games with my girlfiend. But then again, to each his own.

outlawlife3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

i'm with you on that one

the new dash is shaping up to be something really good for gaming in general, it finally is taking the xbox out of the strictly for games market and turning it into the center piece of the living room

the ps3 has nice features but microsoft seems to stay one step ahead of them when it comes to their online network, it isn't a shot at sony it is just that microsoft has a very clear image of what they want live to turn into where as sony is still trying to build PSN into their Live

it'll be interesting to see if sony comes out with anything to take on the netflix partnership head on

krakdol3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

Except that the PS3 still has the slicker and most beautiful interface even after XBL upgrade, and that's even before Home.

People like me have been using their PS3 as a media center since 2 years now, MS is a bit late to the party I think...

It's a nice try to change their '12 year-old kid playing FPS' image linked to the 360, but I don't think it can work... They'll still be linked to the hardcore crowd. There's only one Wii after all, even the PS3 doesn't appeal as much as the Wii to casual gamers.

It could change next year though with Sony Eyepet , which looks stellar and will appeal to the casual crowd much much more than a Mii ripoff. For Miis, people already have the Wii after all.

LBP should sell many PS3 to casual gamers too, and MS has no answer to this 10/10 gem.

thewhoopimen3357d ago

Where's the 360 webbrowser? It seems Sony is holding their own. The only advantage I c at this point is cross game invites on the 360.

Everything else is already available and free on the ps3.

ceedubya93357d ago

I believe LBP will be a fantastic game, and I'm going to be one of the first in line to buy it upon release. But how is this game going to be enough to pull in a bunch of casual gamers to buy a 400 dollar console?

I think it will get its fair share of newcomers. But we are talking about a crowd of people that don't usually do a lot of gaming, and are more into quick fixes and probably handheld games that don't offer a whole lot. LBP is a HUGE game that, despite its look, seems to cater more to the hardcore crowd to me.

I just don't see parents spending almost 500 bucks on LBP and a PS3, when the Wii and 360 can offer a good gaming experience for less.

3357d ago
Bladestar3357d ago

how is the PS3 and PSN better when it comes to this... Netflix is not existent on the PS3... forget Netflix... there is nothing like it on the PS3... better only to the sony lovers... how can you compare NOTHING with something?

dragunrising3357d ago

I'm sorry, but why are all the Sony fanboy's trolling Xbox news? If anything it makes you look envious. The post shouldn't be about who's console is better.

On topic: I can't wait for the Dashboard update with Netflix and now Starz. Downloadable TV shows for free (like it should be)...awesome. As a Netflix subscriber I have been most looking forward to this.

power of Green 3357d ago

This is how behind Sony is and their PSN.

Fanboys will mention LBP while MSFT is going to release The NXE's Community XNA games platform/service/tool.

LBP is a poor man's attempt at what MSFT's doing. Read up

IGN has a poll on which game will you most likely get in Oct, PS3 fans don't wan't to see that poll.

LBP vs Community XNA games

Cenobia3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

@Monchichi025 - Which console are you even talking about? You seem to be explaining the features of both.

@POW - Do you even know what LittleBigPlanet is? Seriously, there are a lot of people that have never even touched a PS3/360 on this site, and somehow they think they're qualified to tell everyone what games and features are better. In LBP I can actually make my own mini-game. As far as I know XNA is something you have to pay to be a part of, and actually be experienced at making games for (like programming). Then again, I probably know as much about XNA as you know about LBP (let me spell it out for you: Next to nothing).

Don't comments like this belong in the Open Zone? And instead of "reading up" I think I'll actually experience the games for myself thank you. If people like you have opinions on the internet, who knows what kind of skewed bias I'll come across.

egm_hiphopgamer3357d ago

oh my god that's crazy yo analog hype once dropping that hotness in the game industry 1luv ya'll peace

JD_Shadow3357d ago

...you mean the very same "new" XBL Experience that is copying the XMB and the Nintendo Miis?

This is not anything MS added to anything, this is something that Netflix added and thus MS benefited. Anyone with a PC benefits too.

And we are allowed to comment on ANY story, regardless of where our "fanboyism" lies. Why you people keep thinking that no one is allowed to call anyone on your precious "good news" is beyond me.

power of Green 3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

I know LBP is being boasted as being Sony's User generated content edge over MSFT, from PS3 fans lol(gamers can make a profit from LBP too).

LeonSKennedy4Life3357d ago

Power of Green.

You're really dissing Little Big Planet?

You swing for the fences, man...

xhairs93357d ago

Perhaps LBP is being boasted, as it should be.

However, to use your netflix you're going to have to have a netflix subscription, 50+netflix. Interesting, if you already have the netflix, cool, if you have a PS3 it's as easy as 123 to watch netflix movies on it. What's new? Nothing in my eyes.

power of Green 3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

LBP boasted in 360 threads?

people are well aware of what is needed to use the movie service lol.

Funny you mentioned LBP and Netflix when you replied to me when my point was in a User generated content vs User generated content context.

Sounds like sour grapes.

Sony fans trolling in here doesn't exactly convince anybody they could care less.

I doubt any other netflix online platform are as advanced as the 360's lol. You should read up on it before you spew your sour grapes in this thread.

So many announcment still secret when it comes to THE NXE it is better to admittttt that Sony is beat and folks should leave it at that.

LeonSKennedy4Life3357d ago

On IGN, LBP is in second place behind Fable II.

Want to know why?

Because IGN is overrun with Microsoft fans. Just like any news site, there is an overwhelming majority on one side.

Spydiggity3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

any disagrees you may have received for saying the new dashboard looks awesome is simply from jealous fanboys. they know this stuff is very cool, and we know that if ps3 were getting it, there would be about 10x more comments here saying how great sony is.

the new dashboard is shaping up nicely. and while ps3 is centering it's concept around a virtual world filled with endless advertisements, 360 is allowing us to watch movies and tv shows for the cost of a basic netflix membership (which a lot of us already have).

and to the fanboys...you make no sense. if you are so convinced your system is the greatest thing ever, then why are wasting time in xbox related articles and forums trying to bash the system a lot of ppl are very happy with? the answer is simple...jealously and envy. this has been the story from the sony fanboys since the day 360 released. nothing but propaganda, denial, and excuses.

EDIT: @the guy above me: did it ever occur to you that it's because more people are considering fable 2 to be the better game? LBP belongs in 1992 with all the other 2D side-scroller games. The game requires almost 0 AI, nothing special about the graphics, and its success is dependent on the originality of a generation that can't tell you what continent they live on. It's just another ps3 game that has been way over-hyped. I say you're lucky to see it at number 2, cuz i can guarantee after it's released, we'll hardly ever hear about it and it won't be close to the top 10.

JD_Shadow3357d ago

>> any disagrees you may have received for saying the new dashboard looks awesome is simply from jealous fanboys. <<

Or from people that think that it's being very over hyped and is copying off of everyone else.

>> they know this stuff is very cool, <<

If not rather unoriginal.

>> and we know that if ps3 were getting it, there would be about 10x more comments here saying how great sony is. <<

The "if this was on [name of system], you all would be praising it" excuse. Why can't people just agree to disagree without going through all of THAT? How do you KNOW that such would be the result? Oh, and the PS3 IS getting something LIKE it. It's called HOME! It was announced last year, far BEFORE MS came up with IT'S joke of a imitation.

>> the new dashboard is shaping up nicely. and while ps3 is centering it's concept around a virtual world filled with endless advertisements, <<

Correction: Filled with demos and videos of upcoming games and of keynote speeches and games and lobbies.

>> 360 is allowing us to watch movies and tv shows for the cost of a basic netflix membership (which a lot of us already have). <<

Apples, meet the oranges.

>> and to the fanboys...you make no sense. if you are so convinced your system is the greatest thing ever, <<

If you want to address the fanboys in general like you worded this, then you have to address ALL fanboys, not just the PS3 ones.

>> then why are wasting time in xbox related articles and forums trying to bash the system... <<

Remember, this is a public website, which anyone can comment on ANYTHING they see. Just because it's not in the section that would be "fit for them" doesn't mean they have any right to have an opinion and then express that view. Likewise, NONE of us really complain (us being an operative term meaning anyone else on the site) when the 360 fanboys comment on Sony news. You seem to be allowed and we seem to allow you, but we're not allowed to comment on YOUR "news"?

>> ...a lot of ppl are very happy with? <<

Aside from those that have had to box their 360 for repair for the 5th time while seeing that it doesn't have that strong of a game lineup right now aside from Fable II and GoW2...

>> the answer is simple...jealously and envy. <<

No, the answer is more complex than that, but not by much: They feel dismayed that MS gets its ideas from everyone else and doesn't offer too much originality and backstabbed that they don't do anything about the RRoD or that they don't have the statistical power or the games that another system (Wii or PS3) have.

>> this has been the story from the sony fanboys since the day 360 released. nothing but propaganda, denial, and excuses. <<

Projecting the faults the 360 fanboys have onto the Sony guys? Kind of normal.

>> EDIT: @the guy above me: did it ever occur to you that it's because more people are considering fable 2 to be the better game? <<

No one ever said that F2 would be a BAD game. Not sure where you see people denying that. They are saying that it won't appeal to everyone (which will be true, as with alot of games out there).

>> LBP belongs in 1992 with all the other 2D side-scroller games. <<

So you're saying LBP is 2D and that platformers are obsolete! C'mon!

>> The game requires almost 0 AI,<<

So...there's going to be no enemies that was made?

>> nothing special about the graphics,<<

Have you seen any videos of LBP yet?

>> and its success is dependent on the originality of a generation that can't tell you what continent they live on. <<

Congratulations, sir, you have just insulted EVERYBODY with that comment.

>> It's just another ps3 game that has been way over-hyped. <<

Though no one has actually gotten to PLAY THE DAMN GAME YET!! And...didn't you guys overhype Too Human?

And it's overhyped just because it's a PS3 game? That's what I got from reading that line.

>> I say you're lucky to see it at number 2, <<

And Fable II being at number one is the way it's supposed to be, right?

>> cuz i can guarantee after it's released, we'll hardly ever hear about it and it won't be close to the top 10. <<

Or it could be the Game Of The Year, with MGS4 close behind.

See, this just goes to show just how much your comment made little headway into anything you were attempting to do.

kunit22c3356d ago

monchichi025, you are so wrong, only like ugly scruby girls like the ps3 or xbox360, but the actually good looking girls like wii, dont even try to say that isnt true ik a bunch of fanboys will be negative but all well. I mean hot girls dont play video games, except maybe a VERY FEW, then wii came out and girls gave it a try, like buying it or playing it at parties, girls arnt hardcore gamers and MOST of the ones that are, are ugly. Also i would like to point out xbox360 and ps3 are hardcore consoles and wii is a casual console i just wanted to prove my point.

xhairs93356d ago

I did mention both, but the problem with your statement is that you never clarified it in the first place to be "in a 360 thread". Not to mention I clearly commented about people boasting about it, I didn't boast about it myself so your comments are completely way off base.
How can the ps3 be beat? You get a new way to browse through movies on netflix? By streaming netflix from your PC to your PS3 you get to use the traditional Mouse & Keyboard with a full range display of all pages not just a "mini-browseresque" style from your "dashboard" -- which might I add, I don't think is much compared to what can be shown on the PC.

I'll leave it at this since I'm pretty sure you wont come back to read this, most people don't. Oh wait, your 3 bubbles are full ::( sorry.

Spydiggity3356d ago (Edited 3356d ago )

so clearly you sir, are a fanboy.

the dashboard isn't being over hyped. in fact, i rarely heard anything about it between the time it was announced and now. and now we're a li'l more than a month away so we're starting to hear about it. and, as we hear about it, we're finding out we're getting more and more features. and i hear what you are saying about MS stealing ideas....you're just wrong. ps3 doesn't have that. in fact, ps3 just got its dashboard to be MORE like 360 in its last major patch.

so basically, you're a hypocrite. we know who stole who's ideas. and sure, they've all stolen some times. most of the modern ideas stem from nintendo. but neither company has net flix. neither company is offering gameshow style play. and sony just got movies and tv shows...and guess what...they are more expensive than we were already paying. now we're going from 4 or 5 dollars per movie to 8 dollars a month for many many movies and tv shows. if you criticize that...there can be only one reason...you ARE jealous.

please feel free to pick apart my new comment and prove my point further. so far the only things you've said have been embellishments, and i'm sorry, i'm not a politician, i live in a reality where fact is truth.

and if i must address LBP again, yes i've seen a ton of videos. It's just a very boring game. There have been some cool ideas, like the tetris...but that's as far as it goes. the ideas are cool, but the gameplay itself looks incredibly boring. i would never play tetris like that...i'd just play tetris. also, remaking old ideas, is not that creative. in fact, it's the opposite of the definition of creative.

second, i never said fable 2 would be a good game. i personally am not that excited for it. i'll probably rent it...just like LBP. all i said was that if the Poll results for LBP and Fable 2 showed that more ppl are looking forward to fable 2, the reason for that can only be because, obviously, more people are looking forward to it.

and back to your breakdown of netflix and what you "already have." no, you don't. you have it a available on pc or on standalone units designed specially to deal with netflix and and other similar services. but the 360 is the only console that can do it. and therefore, it eliminates the need to watch on your pc, or get one of those units, or set up media center.
Nobody is praising it to be the greatest thing ever (unlike everything sony announces). but it is an awesome feature for 360 owners. and it could just be the added incentive this xmas when deciding which system to buy.

i'm sure there are other issues that i neglected to address but i feel that i got the major points across. in short, you, like most fanboys, are a hypocrite. and you can try to dress up your hypocrisy in what you believe to be even headed, logical statements. but they aren't. they are a reflection of your inability to give credit where it is due simply because it is coming from the competition to the system you chose to buy.

JD_Shadow3356d ago (Edited 3356d ago )

There you go, throwing around the fanboy label just because someone disagrees with your failed logic (and since I somehow lost a bubble from that last comment, and I can guess who it was that popped it, you, I figure that somehow I got in the head of someone).

Everyone tries to imitate, yes, but it seems like MS's new dashboard is a blatant ripoff of EVERYTHING! MS didn't do too many things original and most people know it. They really didn't try to make anything better, just duplicate everything without much new innovation. And tell me where the PS3 is duplicating anything right now with what they have done. Is it the trophies, because if it is (the only thing in which you would have a small case), then you failed, because Sony also made something better with the addition of the levels and the comparing trophies, something MS doesn't have at the moment. That's why forgiveness for imitation is there, they make things better, unlike what MS is doing.

In fact, the only thing that IS making it better is the one thing that you are bragging about, Netflix. Now I never said what they are doing is anything bad, but it isn't going to make me go out and buy a 360, since it isn't anything too special. I can do alot of the things that MS is going to let me do with Netflix on the PC. You're treating it and that game show thing like it's a system seller (despite what you're saying you mean), which is giving it WAY too much credit and is the reason why you're getting the type of criticism for your comment like I made, and no, I don't think everything Sony does is the best thing ever, but they have been on a very good roll as of late.

And now you're saying that Fable II won't be that system seller, but that isn't what you said in your last comment, saying that F2 was where it should be, basically.

And by the way, about LBP, what you said is just an opinion. It doesn't appeal to you. Fine, no one can please everyone. However, the comments that you are making to form your opinion don't make much sense. It was its graphics that attracted me to want to know more about the game and when I found out what the game was, I was hooked before the release. The creative things that it will have are perfect for what type of games I enjoy (I consider myself a middle of a road gamer, not quite a casual gamer, not quite a hardcore one. I can get into something like Halo 3 or MGS4, and then get into something like the Sims 2). Yes, I'm wanting to try Fable 2, as well, and will probably get the 360 for that one (like I got a Wii for Metroid Prime 3. I do not regret THAT Wii purchase, either. And I'm saying I HAVE and ENJOY the Wii, so that statistically takes me out of the fanboy thing, and I think that is used unfairly, anyway). But LBP is an innovation in my mind.

This, in short, does not make me a fanboy. It makes you look like one.

[email protected] DISAGREE(S): I get a disagree because I have a different viewpoint than the one you want to hear? At least state your reasons (unless your Spy (or is Spy TheMart), who doesn't have anymore bubbles).

+ Show (20) more repliesLast reply 3356d ago
Stretch323357d ago

Man Xbox is KILLIN the game right now.
PS3 needs to come up with something epic and quick if they want to keep pace

ape0073357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

am not a fanboy but the ps3 is killin the game right now

did you see lbp,mgs4,r2,uncharted1 and hey I can't believe uncharted 2,killzone 2,ms2,trophiy system bieng expandid,free psn,mag,god of war 3,sotc2,home,heavy rain,White Knight Chronicles and still ps3 has lots of potential so,it's the right direction especially since ps3 uses blu ray,and so many articals stated that 360 is reaching its limit,also cliffy b sayd it

am no 360 hater,gears 2 day 1 buy,it's amazing,but comments like these just get on my nervs

I just say the truth

the only thing I really,REALLY wish,I want the next gta to be ps3 exclusive,come on sam,dan,gta and body harvest are some of my favorite games ever

50 gb blu-ray disk is the right and wise decision for the series

krakdol3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

Only in fantasy land of MS marketing...

I have to agree with Ape, PS3 kills everything right now. LBP is now the game to own, Home is around the corner, Too Human flopped and Gears of Wars 2 looks subpar compared to resistance 2, according to the previews.

lowcarb3357d ago

I disagree with both of you and don't see anything special about any PS3 game this year with the exception of MGS4 and it's excellent long story. 360 is were it's at and sales this holiday will show it like never before. People are smart and not everyone falls for that I'm not a fanboy or PS3 is the best crap.

INehalemEXI3357d ago

Shoot im just happy because all this is coming around the corner for both consoles and my 360 still works so I will be able to experience all this stuff.

Home brings the most to the table IMO but I look forward to a new XBox experirence too.

krakdol3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

@lowcarb : you must be living under a rock on another planet, because the thing everybody's talking right now is LittleBigPlanet, the youtube of gaming... Before, it was MGS4, the best next gen game already out. And that's before Home, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2...

LBP alone will kill everything according to the previewers (first review : 10/10). All these things are exclusive to the PS3, like Blueray, Wifi and standard hard drives to make the PS3 a 1 Tb media center nearly for free.

360 had no AAA exclusives at all this year until now... They have no answer to LBP either... Generic FPS (mostly better on PC) won't make it.

Bnet3433357d ago

ape007, I think you might be showing your true colors a bit don't cha think? His comments get you on his nerves but when the first person to comment says "PS3 is better" according to him, that doesn't get on your nerves? tsk tsk ...

ape0073357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

what do you mean by true colors?

as I sayed I chase games not consoles

and ps3 right now is the king

what's up with you

my color changes with the right games

when ps3 first released,psn was crappy and ps3 has no games at all except r1,ms 1.gears,360 and live were kings back then,but now ps3 has multiple AAA exclusives and if you can't see that you are blinded by the green(or sometimes turns red,it happened to me TWICE)

and am not excited about home or the new dashboard tbh

juuken3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

ape...why would you mention anything positive about the PS3 in a 360 thread? ._.

You should know the rules by now.

But anyway, good for 360 owners if they get this new feature.

+ Show (5) more repliesLast reply 3357d ago
power0919993357d ago

Does anyone know if this will require any caching to be done?

I am curious how the video service will run with Arcade owners. If it's a straight stream, then the video service is awesome.

Especially with the list of companies that are being supported.

Should be nice.

INehalemEXI3357d ago (Edited 3357d ago )

Well netflix service on the pc streams via web browser. The higher your bandwidth the better your quality.

Bnet3433357d ago

Arcade owners aren't important, anyone who knows enough to get a HDD would have one by now.

LeonSKennedy4Life3357d ago

This is great and all...

...but I stream HD movies through my PS3 all the time. It supports VidX and XVid files.

That's pretty much all you need.

ReBurn3356d ago

Where do you get these movies from? And how many of them are actually legal for you to stream?