GamesRadar writes: "In Japan, there are two elder statesmen of the RPG world: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. Both were forged on the NES/Famicom and both continue to be insanely popular in their home country, but Dragon Quest has never come close to achieving the international success of its rival. Numerous attempts have been made to spark American interest in the very traditional JRPG series, with little success. And now the venerable franchise is trying again, with the re-release of Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen."
* Tons of time-tested gameplay
* Low-key but detailed graphics
* Interesting side quests
* Art style is cartoony to the point of being "kiddie"
* Not innovative in the least
* Too many dumb puns involving Slim