Top
40°

Boy killed charging Game Boy

A seven-year old British boy was electrocuted when charging his Game Boy while on vacation in Thailand.
The cause of the tragedy, which killed Conner Dean O'Keeffe, is being disputed by the parties involved. The boy's mother, Kathleen Curry says that the wiring in the hotel was faulty.

"There should be some kind of warning about the different electrical currents you get abroad because this wouldn't have happened in England," she said.
Meanwhile hotel staff have claimed the seven year old was still wet following a swim, something his mother denies.

"The boy had been swimming and went back to his room," Wiraporn Ungathakorn, acting manager of the Sunset Beach Hotel. "We believe he had plugged in his Gameboy or pulled at the charger while still wet. The water must have gone straight into the plug. The safety cut could not save him."

Read Full Story >>
ngc.boomtown.net
The story is too old to be commented.
THWIP3765d ago

...this is shocking. :o

Tyrael3764d ago (Edited 3764d ago )

"
"There should be some kind of warning about the different electrical currents you get abroad because this wouldn’t have happened in England," she said. "

A kid who just jumped out of the swimming pool goes into his room and plugs his gameboy into the wall outlet and gets electrocuted. Not that I dont feel bad about him dying, but you know, I just dont see how it happened... Since when was it dangerous for water and electricity to mix?