"Games market research group NPD Group has released its composite list of the 20 best-selling PC games across July. As a reminder of its chart-topping run a few weeks ago, Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice took the number-one slot for July, coming in ahead of chart regulars The Sims and World of Warcraft."
"Call of Duty 4 fell out of the top ten last month, leaving the rest of the charts to be mostly filled by the usual suspects. Blizzard, aside from raking its usual piles of profit from World of Warcraft, brought Diablo back into the charts following the hype for the coming release of Diablo 3."
Note that these numbers only represent sales in the United States.
1. Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice / Her Interactive / $19 (Average)
2. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe / EA Maxis / $30 (Average)
3. Spore Creature Creator / EA Maxis / $10 (Average)
4. World of Warcraft: Battle Chest / Blizzard / $38 (Average)
5. The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff Expansion Pack / EA Maxis / $19 (Average)