Lionhead Studios has revealed it isn't working on Fable 4 due to it making Fable Legends a higher priority. This better be good.
I'm really sick of hearing about this game in absence of any release info. Was expecting a release date at E3.... nothing. Gamescom.... nothing. Kind of gives me a bad feeling about the game in general. The game is slated for 2015. If they aren't ready to talk about release dates yet, I can only imagine the state its in.... And I can only imagine because I signed up for the beta about 30 years ago and have yet to be invited.
Its most likely to come in either December or January.
I just got an email for the closed beta this weekend. I'll let you know how it is.
Fable Legends needed to be made because it was the developers vision. Fable 4 will be made when their heads are clear and they have accumulated good ideas for it. It should lead to a better game as a result. Please let us all be patient.
I've been in the Fable legends beta for about 2-3 months now. It's been slowly improving every time. Very fun imo.
I signed up for beta and have been playing on testing days for weeks. It's great fun, I would prefer a fable 4, though.
It's actually a really fun game. Played it at E3
OOOOOOOOOO....so there will be a Fable 4, this dosen't class as a sequel of the main series. Now that is good news to hear. In my opinion the reason why past Fable sequels have failed to deliver on some features is because they spend so much time focusing on the online aspect despite the fact they seem to want to do a story-character driven RPG. Best thing they could do now is have two Fable series. Main Fable Games - Single Player Fable Legend series - Online
I second that!!
Lion head has two main teams. Wonder what the other team has been working on..
Hoping Fable 4 is more like Fable 1&2, they were my go to Western RPG's in the early years of 360..... Honestly, I've only heard good things about Fable Legends and it's F2P so low risk for Gamer's who may want to see if they'll like it /
I'm in the beta for legends, it's a great game. I don't care that it's not a numbered entry, it's a fun *free* game that still captures that very British sense of humour. I'd rather that then a long wait for fable 4!
Same and its fun. Idk it was gonna be free.
Great to hear Fable 4 is still on the board. Most likely a 2017 release. Fable Legends is actually a great game and is Free to play and crossplay compatible.
They need to gut Fable 4 and create a Fable game that is on par with other western rpg's like Skyrim and Witcher 3. The Fable sequels declined into date/farting sim that lacked an interesting story. Get rid of all that and lets get something epic, worthy of something called Fable.
if this game wasn't based around 4v1 id be more than happy to play it...
It would be awesome if they had another option of 4v4 and the first team to make it to a common objective.
No shit shurlock
Unpopular opinion, but I loved Fable 2 and 3. Would really like a 4. Legends looks pretty lousy.
I've been in the fable legends beta for months now. It simply isn't that good. I have had a mediocre time on there at best. I have submitted numerous bugs and gave some great feedback for things that I feel could make the game a lot better. As it stands it simply feels like it will be grindy as hell. The character classes are not fun for me either. Nobody feels badass. Most characters simply feel like "eh...I simply don't want to support today." Or whatever. Which character it is becomes irrelevant after the first few uses. You were likely to choose one and stick to it so you could gain more and more gear for said character. A recent update made you get gear randomly for any character when the team comes across chest. This gear could be for characters you don't even have. I think they have the ratio at around a 60% chance for current character drops and 40% for others. I really hope they find a way to make the game characters feel fun and engaging. That's the main issue and as it stands, they are far off the mark. They incredibly bad load times and frame rate will be fixed before release so that's not a issue for me at the moment. I hope.
The reason there isn't a Fable 4 yet is because 3 was garbage
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.