Blizzard Entertainment announced World of Warcraft: Legion, the sixth expansion of the incredibly popular MMORPG.
Demon hunters! Yaaay
I just recently quit. But, at this point, the only way I'll ever go back to World of Warcraft, is if they make World of Warcraft 2. Expansions will not bring me back.
Good point. I know ppl were very disappointed w/ WoD, but I'm beginning to wonder how much has been the last 2 expansions, and how much of it is competition. At this point, you can play ESO or FF14 on consoles, and they are both great mmo's. Dragons Dogma is coming as are a few more. Destiny is finally getting on track with their expansion. A WoW 2 could be amazing, give then a chance to start fresh, bring ppl in, reinvent the mmo space. I'll admit, it does need it. Thats why I had such high hopes for Star Wars, ESO and Destiny. Every mmo doesn't need to be the exact same WoW formula. I'll give them this though. It's bold to introduce the new PvP w/ prestige. It could work as it constantly resets everyone's level but grants rewards for doing so.
If they make a new mmo I think setting it in the Warcraft universe again would be a big mistake. I have a funny feeling that Overwatch might be a spin off prequel of an MMO based in the Overwatch universe.
let wow die it is 10 years old, wow was fun but people want change. People want new game not the same crap you do like cod.
Over 5million active subs in a currently crap expansion isn't bad. That's a lot more than many AAA get in purchases, yet alone monthly payments. Also just because x game exists doesn't mean y game can't be created. WoW isn't holding any other game back.
I'd add to that when warlords came out, the subs shot back up to 10 million active subs. (Peak was 12 million during wrath of the lich king) If Warlords was better then It could have retained more subs instead of falling to the current 5.6 mill. There is no doubt the interest is there. They are nowhere close to needing to pull the plug on wow. The problem is the crowd Blizzard caters to. This changes every expac. On Warlords they are really only catering to the hardcore raider crowd, and to be honest they are only a small fraction of players, as evident, your subs fell off once the rest of the user base got bored. Blizzard needs to start doing more for the casuals like they used to, Not saying to stop making raids, but raids shouldn't be all you focus on, when only 5% of the user base even plays them. In warlords they trivialized all the early content, making it super fast to progress virtually skimming over half the games content, so that raiders can quickly get to their meta end game, raiding. Screwing the other 95% of players in the process. Raiders cannot be bothered to run 5 man heroics, so lets make them trivial, raiders cannot be bothered to run LFR, so lets make it trivial, raiders don't have time for professions, so lets gut professions. This is what has happened the last 8 months of wow. (P.S. Anybody else using the new edge browser getting extreme lag while typing in this reply box?)
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.