In the upcoming issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, the rumors section has news on a bunch of new SOCOM, Katamari Damacy and Viva Piñata titles coming out as well as Microsoft's plan for continued domination.
* Sticky Balls - New Katamari for Wii, PS3 and Xbox Live arcade.
* Turning War Around - Microsoft is crafting a brilliant plan to flip flop Gears and Halo every year, so expect Gears of War 2 in 2008 and a new Halo game in 2009.
* Count the COMs - three new SOCOM games are in the works. One on PSP and two on PS3.
* Mii Crossing - Mii's will be your avatar in the next Animal Crossing. All the shirts and accessories you collect will cross over to other games.
* Hudsun is releasing a TG16 pack with 3D remakes of Bonk, Adventure Island, and Super Star Soldier for the PS2.
* Rare is working on a Viva Pinata Kart racing game.
* NFL may drop EA once it's contract expires in a few years.
I always wonder why game companies continue to turn any type of successful franchise into a cart game but they must sell if the trend continues. Oh, before I forget, I hope the NFL drops EA like a bad habit if they don't step up their next gen efforts with Madden in the upcoming years.