One editor recounts his experience with the Xbox 360 DRM fix: "Am I happy Microsoft released this fix and solved the issue? Hell yes. Do I wish they made it much easier? Hell yes."
I am too lazy to sit and do this, I will just wait for a Live connection
MS gave you a solution but one that will make you rip your hair out
I didn't have the energy to rip my hair out while re-downloading everything. It was more of tunnel vision, red eyes, and boredom.
Uhm, it doesn't work for everyone. I have been on the phone with MS for the past two weeks and they can figure the issue out.
a fix has been available since my RROD in August/Sept of 07'... It took me talking to several people on the helpline to get it but you only had to re-download everything onto your new console and since the original download was still on the HDD each "re-download" only took a few seconds. It was a little meticulous but didn't take very long and I had a ton of content to retrieve.
The actual fix was released in June from Microsoft, which completely moves the licenses to your current console. The old work-around worked, but it didn't solve the problem.
I was pretty confused about it.
I'm hoping Microsoft does some streamlining, but I'm definitely happy the service is there. I got a headache after about an hour of going through all the stuff to re-download.
a streamlined DRM fix better come integrated into the dashboard update. it would just make everything alot easier
This is to re-download the games you already bought!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.
This took me 3 minutes, I don't see how its "so complicated", to be honest. I'm just glad I got Streets of Rage 2 working again finally after my first system's RRoD.
If it only took you 3 minutes, you must have only had a couple things to download again. I had over 600 things listed, of which I probably re-downloaded about 300 (I skipped almost every trailer, but had to do themes, gamer pictures, add-on content, demos, XBLA games, etc).
Well there are two ways to do this. The way I did it, over 300 different pieces of DLC, took me a couple of minutes. I started to re-download everything then realized this was retarded, and used the tool correctly. When prompted to sign into live, log off Xbox Live and back on using your 360. Then the tool does the rest.
Did not work for me.
Que? Well everyone has their definition of too long. Anyway it took me 3 minutes, once I understood what to do. The instructions need some work. What the writer did is incorrect. I did it that way too, at first, and then realized all I needed to do was go to https://live.xbox.com/signu... and follow the instructions to the letter. Don't start jumping around to different sections of the webpage. All you need to do is run the tool, then sign into live, and the tool will detect your new Xbox Serial, then hit transfer, and voila all done. Worked like a charm. Again, once I understood I needed to log off, and log back into Live, and the tool would autodetect the new console everything worked well. 3 minutes.
I've been told it's around 7-8 inches...
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.