Meghan Sullivan and Jon Ryan discuss what they want to see in the next Borderlands game.
NO WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION PLEASE! All it does is reduce incentive to find the next great gun! THE POINT OF THE GAME!!! OMG, have those 2 even played BL? If they have they've seriously missed the whole point!
Was going to disagree, but then I thought on your comment a bit. While its not the main point of the game for me (its the co-op I get to play with my son), I'd say loot hunting is #2 most important part of the BL experience for us. Right now we're building his PC and once that's done we're going to play the pre-sequel co-op. We had so much fun playing the first 2 on ps3, but bad fps took some enjoyment out. Can't wait to play in a solid 60fps.
Ditto man, I've played through the first 2 with my boy, will do pre when it's on new consoles. I have 2 on steam and must say its sooooo much nicer than ps360 versions. Co op and loot, certainly the main draw of the game
i disagree. you can still have to get the next best gun while there is customization. they'll be upgraded, you just get to choose/buy the attachments etc.
let us take apart the guns and rebuild them the way we desire Better loot than BL2. BL1 had much more verity and more rewarding loot Bigger World mybe more planets to visit flying vehicles and jets stuff To me Bl1 was so much better even though it was bare bone story wise but than again the DLC was awesome So please less grinding and more rewarding like original borderlands
Works perfectly fine on D3.
I don't want to support a dev that's holding us hostage for a game. They're basically saying, buy the new handsome edition so that we can bring you BL3.
They want people to buy the handsome edition so they can fund a borderlands 1 new gen remake. As far as borderlands 3 goes they are making it regardless but are looking to hire new people for it.
More guns. Oh and walking toilets called Craptraps. :)
Main thing I want is to see the old vault hunters return <SPOILERS> With the way Borderlands 2 ended it gave us a hint they were going to leave Pandora to find other vaults across the galaxy. Besides the past two main games have included a Siren class, in the game it's stated only 6 of them exist in the ENTIRE Universe so they'll have to bring Lilith back since they can't really add another Siren. Would be a bit silly to add another Siren when we already have 3 (possibly 4 if you count Commandant Steele) of the 6 Sirens in the ENTIRE BLOODY UNIVERSE ending up at the same place. Lets not forget the old vault hunters know some new skills which can be expanded on in the new game. Lilith with her new Siren abilities Mordecai with his new Bloodwing Brick with his new melee weapon (Switch between them) They just need to replace Roland
I agree, I think the writers shot themselves in the foot by saying there is only 6 Sirens in the universe. I'm sure they could probably say "Hey there's more, well I'll be damned!" But that would be a cop out. I would like for them to add more than 4 vault hunters off the bat and really take the time to make their skills great. The pre-sequel's characters were horrible and felt cheap. I would also like other weapons that can be equipped like Bows, Swords....uuuuum and other stuff.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, it would be a cop out if they did that Lilith, Maya, Angel, Possibly Steele, they'll have to use Lilith again I mean I just thought the whole point of not playing them in the sequel was so we got character development EVEN THOUGH other games have featured main characters with a load of characetr development. It would of been nice to continue on from the first game skill wise like you do in Mass Effect. Best thing they can do if they have the old vault hunters is add onto the backstories they had in the first game. Like apparently Brick went to find his sister on Pandora while Lilith went to find another Siren who was apparently Steele. None of this is expanded on. "I would also like other weapons that can be equipped like Bows, Swords....uuuuum and other stuff" Yes, yes and yes More weapons and more combinations, I mean from the Bow alone you can change ammo types from Bolt to Arrow then in sub categories they could be explosive, acid, electric, fire etc
I'll probably get shot for this but i'd like Gearbox to drop the cell shaded effects, this is how it was supposed to look https://www.youtube.com/wat... Now the technology is better I can't see why it can't be done
No shots fired here, but it is kind of their style. I always found their physX made up for the cell shading.
That blew my mind! BUT I love the art style, it's one of the reasons I picked up the first game without actually knowing ANYTHING about it. It goes a long way in stopping it being a generic scifi shooter imo
Iirc it want about technology it was about being different from the other 1 million generic shooters out there. A dev had messed around on the side with cell shading the game, when other members of the team saw it they decided to go with that. Also, I don't know if its true but I heard cell shading is more demanding on the CPU so that tells me it want about technical limitations. Either way, I like the cell shading, it separates BL from the pack.
I want them to drop the outline and horrible textures but keep the cell shaded effects. So something along the lines of Sunset Overdrive graphics.
I want less open traveling without vehicles. It seems like you do a lot of walking in all the Borderlands games. They are huge landscapes, but empty.
Getting rid of the vehicle stations would fix that. The vehicles should just act like mounts IMO.
I think it would be cool to have an online mode where you have a 50/50 chance of warping into a zone with another real team in it of approximately equal level and skill. If you are solo, maybe it's a 50% chance of empty, a 25% chance of 1 other guy, and a 25% chance of 2 other people. If you are in a 4 man coop, it's 50% chance of empty, 50% chance of another 4 man team. I'd also like a massive online city where people could interact and trade and build teams rather then a boring forum. Also, how about 8 or 12 different vault hunters instead of 4? Or make it completely customizable. I also think weapon customization can be done without killing the random loot aspect. Make it so you have parts you can put together to make a weapon. Clip, barrell, scope, trigger, bullets, runes etc... Once you put a gun together it's set. If you want to decommission it you get 1 random part from it. So the game still drops random guns and you get to keep them, or take your chances trying to get the best part off of them. Each component would have a level and the gun would be the sum of all the parts. This would keep you from having a lvl 100 gun at lvl 1.
I just want a new villain and a new world in 1080p and 60 fps, maybe with a few more Clap-trap segments.
I want a game like Destiny but done properly and done in the Borderlands universe.
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.