Submitted by hondadude02 2213d ago | news

Super Stardust HD v.4.00 is Live (Trophies)

Update v.4.00 is now live for Super Stardust HD (255mb). This is the first game to support trophies. (PS3, Super Stardust HD)

Alternative Sources
beast  +   2213d ago
Earned my first trophy
Hero of Lave

Finished the first planet

YEAH
Isaac  +   2213d ago
Troll disagree
No you didn-t, you just think you did ;)
RevN8r  +   2213d ago
@Beast
Congrats! I'll be picking mine up soon!
meepmoopmeep  +   2213d ago
congrats beast.

i've had SSHD for months now and still haven't beat the first planet.
my n00bness just shines :P

EDIT: did you see my reverse psychology i pulled there? i got the phantom disagreer to agree with me. LMAO!
#1.3 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Blaze929  +   2213d ago
game
is this game good? I wanna get a headstart
dhammalama  +   2213d ago
Yes, this game is awesome!
Best top down shooter this gen.
meepmoopmeep  +   2213d ago
this game is awesome. it has co-op too if you didn't know.
Tragedy  +   2213d ago
Recommended!
This game is HIGHLY addictive.
AlterEgo  +   2213d ago
I can't get 4.00 update for some reason

edit: PirateThom...nope. US. I have 2.4, but everytime I try to get SSHD update 4.00, my ps3 beeps and shuts down...then restarts.

I've tried 3 times. =\

EDIT:

Okay, I pressed circle, then went to the SSHD in-game store and downloaded it. =D
#3 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PirateThom  +   2213d ago
Are you in Europe?

Does your PS3 restart when you click "OK"?

I blame SCEE.

AlterEgo: I blame SCEE anyway, it's usually their fault. I've tried about 8 times now and I can only put it down to server flooding.
#3.1 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
vitz3  +   2213d ago
Me neither. My system just restarts when I go to update it.

edit*
After a few more tries it works now. Server might have been flooded or something.
#3.2 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ag101  +   2213d ago
try again and it'll work eventually same thing happened to me so good luck
PirateThom  +   2213d ago
Good call, guys, kept trying and it eventually worked. Bubbles for you three.

Edit: Who disagreed? I really did give them bubbles.
#3.4 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
AlterEgo  +   2213d ago
right back atcha

lmao don't worry...he disagreed with just about everybody on the page.

I threw out some agrees though
#3.5 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
r2kcipher  +   2213d ago
same happened here kept trying and it worked.
#3.6 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
1bi11i0n  +   2213d ago
Yeah!
I'm going to download in a min!!!!
Hagaf22  +   2213d ago
it seemingly takes longer than the 2.40 update.... i want a trophy....
jkoz  +   2213d ago
Great. I don't feel like buying this game just so I can get trophies though. I can't find out if there is or not: What games that are already out besides SuperStarDust and PixelJunkMonsters are going to have trophy support in the coming days?
PirateThom  +   2213d ago
Uncharted is supposed to be getting a patch soon. I'd guess MGS4 since Konami were pushing for this before release.

Devil May Cry is likely since it already has "awards in place.

Warhawk is also likely, now I think about it, probably today or tomorrow the way Incognito work.
#5.1 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Adamalicious  +   2213d ago
I don't think Monsters has support yet. Does it? Pixel Junk Eden will have them when it come out - on Thursday I think.
meepmoopmeep  +   2213d ago
yeah i just finished dl the update. sweet
chidj2  +   2213d ago
i just get my first trophie too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#7 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
name  +   2213d ago
Rofl @ everyone having a disagree
AlterEgo  +   2213d ago
XD

I noticed.

I'm giving agrees all around in celebration of the hatred.
Adamalicious  +   2213d ago
I tried to get a trophy in the demo - time limit is too short :) Funny that the 4.0 patch is bigger than the original game by 65 MB.
Beg For Mercy  +   2213d ago
hey
what does the trophy sound sound like
SouthwoodS  +   2213d ago
idk. i got 3 trophies and i didnt here a sound. my tv might of been to loud or i wasnt listening
ThaGeNeCySt  +   2213d ago
it was a very short tone...
princejb134  +   2213d ago
dam this update is slow for me
i wanna get the dam trophies already
Ghost-Face  +   2213d ago
I don't have the full game, can you get the trophies from the demo ?
FungLip  +   2213d ago
I'm downloading the upgrade.
And I have one question: How does it take 255MB only to support trophies?
Darkiewonder  +   2213d ago
It's also downloading the new team pack which is basically locked until you buy the code for it in the PSN store.
Megaton  +   2213d ago
Just got 5 bronze trophies. Almost had the 20 bomb silver but I lost my last life as I was gunning towards the last 2 bombs I needed.
Asurastrike  +   2213d ago
I find it funny that the full game is only 190MB, and the trophy update is 255MB.
kingOVsticks  +   2213d ago
mhm
I also find it funny that its taking longer then a firmware update 0.o
Whoooop  +   2213d ago
I also find it funny that i keep getting an error in the middle of the 4.00 download.

Goddamn Octopus should be having laugh right now...
crck  +   2213d ago
Stardust has always been like that.
The "patches" and "updates" are actually redownloading a whole new version of the game.
TrevorPhillips  +   2213d ago
Great game im getting it soon :)
Solid_Skip  +   2213d ago
guess i buy the game now
so i can earn a trophy, is it starting!!! am i a trophy whore
Eimmij  +   2213d ago
I JUST GOT MY FIRST TROPHY
I can now rest. I need some sleep for work I stayed up extra late. I feel like a trophy whore lol
#18 (Edited 2213d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
crck  +   2213d ago
I wish the arcade trophies were harder to get.
I got all except 2 on the first play through. Dunno how you are suppose to get 15 tokens in one boost though...
ag101  +   2213d ago
try doing it when you find the bonus rocks ... a bunch of tokens comes out of them
gundamx  +   2213d ago
:D
it took me 2 trys to get update 4.0 of superstar dust to work. but it was worth the wait:D GO THE PS3:D
Mace  +   2211d ago
Problem with 4.00
I just bought the game SSHD today, and soon after installing it, I bought the expansion.

However, I am still on version 3.00, and cannot figure out for the life of me how to get version 4.00.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated, because I want me some trophies.

I already have firmware update 2.40
dark loard  +   2211d ago
i downloaded update 4.00 for sshd but it says 3.00 where can i get 4.00 tnx
jordansussman  +   2208d ago
4.00 update
With 2.41 coming out this tuesday, do you think super stardust will have their update (4.00) back up as well?

Half of the point of that game is for the trophies.
The other half is just entertainment value.

LeBron James, Master Gamer?

4m ago - Muaz, from Twinfinite, gives us some evidence on why besides being an awesome athlete, LeBron mig... | Culture

The 9 Bitchiest Easter Eggs in Games

28m ago - Easter eggs let developers hide jokes, scares, secrets and downright weirdness in their videogam... | PC

Cool Stuff You Missed in GTA 5

28m ago - Christopher Buffa (Prima Games): Last winter, some of us gambled that Rockstar would bring Grand... | PC

Modern Combat 5: Blackout video review (AppSpy)

28m ago - "Even with the control issues, DRM nonsense, and lack of real innovation, Modern Combat 5 is prob... | iPhone

Study Game Design at DeVry

New Mordheim: City of the Damned Screenshots Released

28m ago - Focus Home Interactive has sent Strategy Informer three new screenshots for Mordheim: City of the... | PC