Submitted by hondadude02 2200d ago | news

Super Stardust HD v.4.00 is Live (Trophies)

Update v.4.00 is now live for Super Stardust HD (255mb). This is the first game to support trophies. (PS3, Super Stardust HD)

Alternative Sources
beast  +   2200d ago
Earned my first trophy
Hero of Lave

Finished the first planet

YEAH
Isaac  +   2200d ago
Troll disagree
No you didn-t, you just think you did ;)
RevN8r  +   2200d ago
@Beast
Congrats! I'll be picking mine up soon!
meepmoopmeep  +   2200d ago
congrats beast.

i've had SSHD for months now and still haven't beat the first planet.
my n00bness just shines :P

EDIT: did you see my reverse psychology i pulled there? i got the phantom disagreer to agree with me. LMAO!
#1.3 (Edited 2200d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Blaze929  +   2200d ago
game
is this game good? I wanna get a headstart
dhammalama  +   2200d ago
Yes, this game is awesome!
Best top down shooter this gen.
meepmoopmeep  +   2200d ago
this game is awesome. it has co-op too if you didn't know.
Tragedy  +   2199d ago
Recommended!
This game is HIGHLY addictive.
AlterEgo  +   2200d ago
I can't get 4.00 update for some reason

edit: PirateThom...nope. US. I have 2.4, but everytime I try to get SSHD update 4.00, my ps3 beeps and shuts down...then restarts.

I've tried 3 times. =\

EDIT:

Okay, I pressed circle, then went to the SSHD in-game store and downloaded it. =D
#3 (Edited 2200d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PirateThom  +   2200d ago
Are you in Europe?

Does your PS3 restart when you click "OK"?

I blame SCEE.

AlterEgo: I blame SCEE anyway, it's usually their fault. I've tried about 8 times now and I can only put it down to server flooding.
#3.1 (Edited 2200d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
vitz3  +   2200d ago
Me neither. My system just restarts when I go to update it.

edit*
After a few more tries it works now. Server might have been flooded or something.
#3.2 (Edited 2200d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ag101  +   2200d ago
try again and it'll work eventually same thing happened to me so good luck
PirateThom  +   2200d ago
Good call, guys, kept trying and it eventually worked. Bubbles for you three.

Edit: Who disagreed? I really did give them bubbles.
#3.4 (Edited 2200d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
AlterEgo  +   2200d ago
right back atcha

lmao don't worry...he disagreed with just about everybody on the page.

I threw out some agrees though
#3.5 (Edited 2200d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
r2kcipher  +   2200d ago
same happened here kept trying and it worked.
#3.6 (Edited 2200d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
1bi11i0n  +   2200d ago
Yeah!
I'm going to download in a min!!!!
Hagaf22  +   2200d ago
it seemingly takes longer than the 2.40 update.... i want a trophy....
jkoz  +   2200d ago
Great. I don't feel like buying this game just so I can get trophies though. I can't find out if there is or not: What games that are already out besides SuperStarDust and PixelJunkMonsters are going to have trophy support in the coming days?
PirateThom  +   2200d ago
Uncharted is supposed to be getting a patch soon. I'd guess MGS4 since Konami were pushing for this before release.

Devil May Cry is likely since it already has "awards in place.

Warhawk is also likely, now I think about it, probably today or tomorrow the way Incognito work.
#5.1 (Edited 2200d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Adamalicious  +   2200d ago
I don't think Monsters has support yet. Does it? Pixel Junk Eden will have them when it come out - on Thursday I think.
meepmoopmeep  +   2200d ago
yeah i just finished dl the update. sweet
chidj2  +   2200d ago
i just get my first trophie too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#7 (Edited 2200d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
name  +   2200d ago
Rofl @ everyone having a disagree
AlterEgo  +   2200d ago
XD

I noticed.

I'm giving agrees all around in celebration of the hatred.
Adamalicious  +   2200d ago
I tried to get a trophy in the demo - time limit is too short :) Funny that the 4.0 patch is bigger than the original game by 65 MB.
Beg For Mercy  +   2200d ago
hey
what does the trophy sound sound like
SouthwoodS  +   2200d ago
idk. i got 3 trophies and i didnt here a sound. my tv might of been to loud or i wasnt listening
ThaGeNeCySt  +   2199d ago
it was a very short tone...
princejb134  +   2200d ago
dam this update is slow for me
i wanna get the dam trophies already
Ghost-Face  +   2200d ago
I don't have the full game, can you get the trophies from the demo ?
FungLip  +   2200d ago
I'm downloading the upgrade.
And I have one question: How does it take 255MB only to support trophies?
Darkiewonder  +   2200d ago
It's also downloading the new team pack which is basically locked until you buy the code for it in the PSN store.
Megaton  +   2200d ago
Just got 5 bronze trophies. Almost had the 20 bomb silver but I lost my last life as I was gunning towards the last 2 bombs I needed.
Asurastrike  +   2200d ago
I find it funny that the full game is only 190MB, and the trophy update is 255MB.
kingOVsticks  +   2200d ago
mhm
I also find it funny that its taking longer then a firmware update 0.o
Whoooop  +   2200d ago
I also find it funny that i keep getting an error in the middle of the 4.00 download.

Goddamn Octopus should be having laugh right now...
crck  +   2199d ago
Stardust has always been like that.
The "patches" and "updates" are actually redownloading a whole new version of the game.
TrevorPhillips  +   2200d ago
Great game im getting it soon :)
Solid_Skip  +   2199d ago
guess i buy the game now
so i can earn a trophy, is it starting!!! am i a trophy whore
Eimmij  +   2199d ago
I JUST GOT MY FIRST TROPHY
I can now rest. I need some sleep for work I stayed up extra late. I feel like a trophy whore lol
#18 (Edited 2199d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
crck  +   2199d ago
I wish the arcade trophies were harder to get.
I got all except 2 on the first play through. Dunno how you are suppose to get 15 tokens in one boost though...
ag101  +   2199d ago
try doing it when you find the bonus rocks ... a bunch of tokens comes out of them
gundamx  +   2199d ago
:D
it took me 2 trys to get update 4.0 of superstar dust to work. but it was worth the wait:D GO THE PS3:D
Mace  +   2198d ago
Problem with 4.00
I just bought the game SSHD today, and soon after installing it, I bought the expansion.

However, I am still on version 3.00, and cannot figure out for the life of me how to get version 4.00.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated, because I want me some trophies.

I already have firmware update 2.40
dark loard  +   2197d ago
i downloaded update 4.00 for sshd but it says 3.00 where can i get 4.00 tnx
jordansussman  +   2194d ago
4.00 update
With 2.41 coming out this tuesday, do you think super stardust will have their update (4.00) back up as well?

Half of the point of that game is for the trophies.
The other half is just entertainment value.

Mii-gamer Interviews Shin’en Multimedia: Learn More About The Art of Balance!

29m ago - Mii-gamer: Mii-gamer is on a mission to support the independent developers that provide Ninten... | Wii U

Rampage Knights Coming To PC, Mixes Binding Of Isaac With Castle Crashers

29m ago - One Angry Gamer "Like 2D side-scrollers and fast-paced, beat-’em-up action? Well, you’ll probably... | PC

First Impressions of Skara: The Blade Remains | TwoDashStash

30m ago - After finishing up a successful Kickstarter campaign and getting Greenlit on Steam, 8-Bit Studio... | PC

Early Access Game Epigenesis Announces Full Release Date Set for August

30m ago - Sci-fi arena shooter / sports game Epigenesis is ready to graduate from the loving embrace of St... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

Have You Seen Hardland, It's Gorgeous - Gamezebo

31m ago - Upcoming indie game, Hardland sports some impressive visuals. The developers provide insight into... | PC