One of the only events of its kind, LGBTQ games conference GX3 has successfully passed its funding goal and will take place next year. Find out more here.
Good for them but don't necessarily see the point of having it. It's not like the conferences that go on now exclude them in any way or form
Yeah I've never understood this, I'm all for gay rights but it's not like the shows we have now end with "Uncharted 4, coming 2015, for straight people only"
Jesus who is funding these things, they are totally pointless and contradict there believes in "equality" You're separating the LGBT community from the gamer term
It's a complete contradiction, and shows it's not even about equality. LGBT always complains about being segregated from everyone else, they're segregating themselves though - regardless of non-LGBT folks being invited or not to this. There's no reason to have this if you're just wanting a conference about gaming. This is pretty corny.
Just thinking of that Dolan Duck image where he wanders into a building and then comes back out again. "Everything was gay."
Well, I think it's just fabulous.
Lol I expect about 2% of the attendants will actually be LGBTQ and the other 98% will be white knights and SJWs.
"We'd like to give a very special thanks to Devolver Digital, Dim Bulb Games, Bertil Hörberg, Coffee Stain Studios, Mike Bithell, Tinsley PR, Maxistentialism, Asher Vollmer, Trion Worlds, Louis Stavrides, The Fulbright Company and Wow, Such Business for offering to sponsor OR pledging at least $3,000. (Won't you consider joining them, company looking at this page?) Additionally, Blizzard Entertainment, Sympathy Plan, and MailChimp has committed over $10,000! (WOW!)" I guess that means a lot of chumps have to add those guys to their stupid "SJW blacklists." Blizzard. Haha. Good for them. There's nothing at all exclusionary about an event that celebrates diversity. They aren't asking that all attendees be LGBT. The only people who wouldn't be welcome will presumably not want to be there anyway. I too think it's a bit weird to have seperate events, but I can't see why not either.
Wow, just - wow.
Bronies fall under the "Q", right?
you're kinda pathetic, huh?
What isn't queer about bronies? Oh... wait... You're being lowbrow by directly assuming that queer always means homosexual. Yet, in LGB, the "G" already has that definition. Maybe you should go look up the primary definition of "queer." And don't just say that you know what it means. Dogged people like you always think they know what something means. Simply take the time and go look it up.
So if there was a heterosexual gaming conference, would it be frowned upon? Why can't you hold a conference without plastering your sexual orientation all over it? Seems like a double standard.
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.