Submitted by Gocatters1702 24d ago | opinion piece

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End & Rise of the Tomb Raider To Duke It Out – Who Wins?

"Both Rise of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End immediately stand out as two of the most promising titles of 2015, and the fact that the pair are set to go head to head sets up another battle of the consoles. In this article we endeavour to explore both titles, what they’re bringing to the table and what we may come to expect from each, culminating in an opinion which will declare which of the two titles." (PS4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Xbox One)

« 1 2 3 »
The_Infected  +   24d ago | Well said
Naughty Dog is much more talented than Crystal Dynamics. I'll put my trust in ND especially with their track record of making amazing games. They push graphics and technology to a new standard. Also they do a very good job with story and gameplay. Technically speaking their games are amazing in every aspect.
#1 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(186) | Disagree(19) | Report | Reply
BiggerBoss  +   24d ago | Well said
Also the fact that RotTR is cross gen will pretty much prevent it from really competing with Uncharted 4. Uncharted is built from the ground up on the Ps4, and knowing Naughty Dog, they will fully utilize it. Whereas Tomb raider will be limited by the power of PS3 and 360 hardware
#1.1 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(118) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
uptownsoul  +   24d ago | Well said
I also agree that Uncharted 4 has the edge because of Naughty Dog…Naughty Dog is the current industry leading development studio in the Action/Adventure genre
GiggMan  +   24d ago | Well said
I have to agree with you there. Nothing against Tomb Raider but Uncharted is going to be on another level.

People like putting games up against other games for article hits. Other examples are God of War vs Dante's Inferno and iNfamous vs Prototype and you know how those turned out.

Uncharted vs Tomb Raider will be no different with these comparisons and I predict the same outcome.
#1.1.2 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(66) | Disagree(6) | Report
Ausbo  +   24d ago
Most likely the last Gen versions will be handled by someone else though. Just like most other games this Gen.
Bloodborn  +   24d ago
I think it's safe to say that Uncharted will be the best of what this industry has to offer. My expectations for Tomb Raider are rather low.
ShinMaster  +   24d ago
I love the Tomb Raider series.

That said, if we're talking about sales, all 3 Uncharted games sold anywhere from 5 to 6.5 million each on 1 console alone.

If we're talking about quality, I think RotTR will be great. But Uncharted 4 might be better.

It's not really much of a competition unless both games are released on the same platform and an undecided customer with a limited budget and playtime has to make a choice.

But if you're a fan of either one, it makes no difference.
#1.1.5 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(4) | Report
MRMagoo123  +   24d ago
IMO Uncharted is THE action adventure game that all others want to be, the games ND have made have gone from being called Tomb raider wannabes in some ppls eyes to the game Tomb raider should try to mimic.
YodaCracker  +   24d ago
How will being cross gen prevent Rise of the Tomb Raider from competing? Unless you're only talking about visuals. I actually preferred the new Tomb Raider's gameplay to Uncharted. Although Naughty Dog was still miles ahead when it came to other aspects like storytelling and performance capture.
BiggerBoss  +   24d ago
@yoda. Stronger hardware allows for more than just better visuals. Uncharted 4 will be able to have bigger and better set pieces, better level design, and better all around performance than if it was also releasing on ps3
badz149  +   24d ago
yeah, let's compare games over a year from their releases and give the crown to the "WINNER"!

pathetic!
mav805  +   24d ago
I have to believe it's an easy win for Uncharted. I enjoyed Tomb Raider, and it had more variety in the gameplay, but imo Uncharted has much more interesting stories, much better dialog and more likeable characters. Nobody beats Naughty Dog technically either.
Azzanation  +   24d ago
Thats like the Destiny vs Halo 5 case where both games are on 1 console so basically what ever system you own that can get both wins. ND are great at what they do however I had more fun playing the Rebooted TR then I did with UC which makes me wonder which game will be better. Crystal Dynamics can achieve what ND do judging by there last game.
PsycheEyeMike  +   24d ago
Except you can't say a game will be worse because it's "hampered" by last gen consoles.. Stupid thing to say. Some of the best games ever made (to this day), are made on old hardware, some even semi-ancient.

With that said, I'm sure Tomb Raider will be really great. But UC4 will be amazing!
Ezz2013  +   24d ago
i don't get it
is the Editor trying to say Rise of tomb raider have a chance aganist Uncharted 4 ?!

because it don't ...not with ND incredible track record

ND is one of the very very best right now
if not the best developer
mcstorm  +   24d ago
It really all depends on how the game is pushed and 12 months a lot can happen in terms of console sales ect. If Microsoft push TR like they do COD, Gears ect it could grab a lot of peoples attention and help a lot of people jump from last gen to the xbox one.
But it all depends on how Sony also push UC too.
For me its us as the games that win and ill be picking up both games as I like both games.
Jughead3416  +   24d ago
Both games will be Spectacular. Uncharted will be in a world of it's own. In the end though, I think that Tomb Raider will win in overall sales just because it will be available for more platforms eventually, while Uncharted of course is a true exclusive limited to one platform.
#1.2 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(45) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   24d ago
But I think UC is going to sell more on PS4 than TR on Xbone and 360 combined, then if it ever does eventually come to Sony consoles, its going to be all but shunned.

I've already decided to only buy it 2nd hand. I still want to play it, but Im not rewarding them for this move. Many will not buy it at all.

Thats why I dont understand this deal. Square is trading short term cash for long term harm to their franchise and it may even spill over to other Square titles.
noctis_lumia  +   24d ago
....
the last of us was only on ps3 and sold more than TB which was multiplatform

now if we count the ps4 edition of the last of us which sold around 1.5mil then...no need to tell more
Jughead3416  +   24d ago
Uncharted will be the better game. I just think, once Tomb Raider releases for PS4 and PC, it'll of course be available to millions more people than Uncharted. Just doing the math.
candoa  +   24d ago
You made a logical statement and just because you said something that might sound slightly against Sony you get disagrees. Anyway I loved Uncharted but I prefer Tomb Raider, However, I loved Uncharted 2 multiplayer.
Sevir  +   24d ago
That's funny the franchise as a whole has sold 17 million units... each of the 3 games on PS3 sold 5 million with the Vita edition selling 2 million. Tomb Raider on PS3 sold 2.8 million and sold 2.5 xb360... a million on PC and about 600000 between the XBO and PS4

Uncharted 4 is going to sell in excess of 6 million on PS4... Heck the Last of US sold 7 million units before making its Debut on PS4 and then selling an additional 1.5 million units

RoTR will sell 5 million over 5 platforms and that'll be it. it'll barely crack 3 million between XBO and XB360 in the fall
jjonez18  +   24d ago
Both will be excellent games and it will be a close battle for lifetime sales. I can see the Uncharted series finally breaking the 10m mark with UC4. ND's last game sold over 7m copies in under a year on PS3 alone. On the other hand, RoTR could eclipse 10m when/if it finally launches on PS and PC. The longer it takes to hit other platforms the less likely RoTR will hit 10m. It took TR more than a year to sell 6.5m across ps3/360/PC. Who wins the sales war depends solely on SE's agreement with MS and whether they can give us a reason to buy.

@Sevir
Apart from those #'s being skewed, their also from 2012. UC1 was the lowest selling on PS3 with ~4-5m. UC2 is over 6m and UC3 sold more than UC2. And I doubt the Vita UC sold 2m copies.
#1.2.6 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report
tgunzz  +   24d ago
I will put my trust in both devs delivering amazing action/adventure experiences... playing through both of their last offerings, I went away feeling that both set pieces delivered equally (art/gameplay/content/graphics ). I can't wait to be amazed by the upcoming entries into the series for both. I am sure that this site will be absorbed by which will look technically superior (hopefully that won't be the full basis of the debate). Since I will own both, my feedback will be strictly from playing through both, and offering my experiences through that. Game on.
#1.3 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DaGR8JIBRALTAR  +   24d ago
YOU KNOW WHO WINS!
assdan  +   24d ago
Uncharted sales sold more than 6 million on one console. Tomb raider barely passed 6 million on 5 consoles. Let's do the math here...
mediate-this  +   24d ago
Whats so technically advance about N.D games? They arent pushing crazy boundaries. No destruction, crazy particle effects, i agree they are beautiful games i just dont see N.D as a graphical powerhouse.

When i think advanced tech in games, i think bf4, or the crysis series. I love N.D but im just spitting truth

And i think UC4 will mop the floor with tomb raider.
#1.6 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
seanpitt23  +   24d ago
Yes I don't forget the soundtrack to TLOU the music in that was phenomenal I could just listen to the menu screen all day.
Gamer1982  +   24d ago
With no gameplay this year of Uncharted there is no way we will see it 2015. Look at the Order for example been seeing gameplay for well over a year no before release. When we first saw announce trailer its gonna be launched over 2 years later. I expect Uncharted to hit shelves 2016. So this is a non competition.
SouljAx360  +   24d ago
All these people talking about how ND pushes graphics to their limits and what not, PS3 limits weren't hard to reach. Uncharted looked terrible when compared to Tomb Raider on PC. I'm not even saying that to be funny I'm just saying you guys should stop with talking about how great the Uncharted games looked. Uncharted Drake's Fortune had screen tearing from a lack of Vsync I mean jeez. Even LoU remastered didn't look as good as Tomb Raider.
I don't blame ND for that, I blame the PS3 for that. I hope and expect UC4 to look better graphically as I myself have a PS4, but all the delusion on this forum was ridiculous I had to point that out.
Teddy-Duchamp  +   24d ago
@souljax.
Awkward.......I dont know how on earth a person can feel embarrassed for someone else's stupidity!
Unfortunately, that exact thing happened to me after reading your comment.

Reality and alternate reality are different you know!

All the delusion from your comment was ridiculous, I had to point that out.
BlackTar187  +   24d ago
lol what a comment
ShadowWolf712  +   23d ago
"All these people talking about how ND pushes graphics to their limits"

No, folks are saying ND pushes hardware to its limits to produce the absolute best possible from said hardware.

That being said, Tomb Raider is now restricted to a console with weaker hardware and is cross-gen to boot. If you think it'll look like a PC game on those... sorry man. Just seems you jumped at a shot to be a PC fanboy and ignore context.
NeoGamer232  +   24d ago
Personally, I think both devt teams are solid and I look forward to both games. No reason they have to "Duke it out"...

Two great action-adventure games coming gamer's way!
#1.10 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
tlougotg  +   24d ago
Not even that ND not only gives you a great SP but also a great mp experience. Tomb Raider mp was trying to be a rip off of UC and failed miserably, it was utter trash. So with ND games you get the best of both worlds.
#1.11 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ceedubya9  +   24d ago
I win cause I'm probably buying both?
Back-to-Back  +   24d ago
I always trust the Naughty Gods. Pre-order now!!!
come_bom  +   24d ago
Well. I'm getting both and expect both of them to be very good.... so I win.
#1.14 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DarkOcelet  +   24d ago
Naughty dog is gonna wow us with its graphics and gameplay and epic setpieces , crystal dynamics tomb raider will be great but last gen will hold its potential back .
ltachiUchiha  +   24d ago
I look at it this way. Uncharted series was so good that they redone everything TR was about & made it like Uncharted but darker with added stuff. That alone shows u that TR took notes from Uncharted & made it the game it is now. Funny thing is people started downplaying Uncharted & saying TR has surpassed it but all that did was PUMP up Naughty Dog to create a more Darker game with The Last Of Us which, keep in mind was their 1st attempt at creating something this dark & gory & we know how that turned out. TLOU triumphed TR in every aspect & Naughty Dog brang another GOTY award to backup their claim of best devs in the gaming industry.

U can bet Uncharted 4 will have a crazy overhaul with new features that will blow our minds when they show it off for the 1st time at the VGX Awards & E3 they will just leave ppl breathless.
#2.1 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Gamer1982  +   24d ago
See thats where MS I feel has hurt the game not CD. If they didn't pay for exclusive rights CD wouldn't have had to put the game on 360 to get the sales needed to cover costs of making the game.
-Foxtrot  +   24d ago
NaughtyDog

Come on their track record has been amazing, Crysal Dynamics have had to reboot Tomb Raider twice and even now despite being a good game it's a shadow of it's former self "Tomb Raider" wise, least Uncharted has stuck to it's roots over the last 4 games (including the prequel done by a different studio).

From the teasers we've seen on the new Tomb Raider I get the impression (first impressions) that's it's going to continue it's over the top action theme we saw in the first one which to me isn't Tomb Raider.

So yeah Uncharted 4 hands down.

Don't take this out of context but if the unfortunate happened and the Tomb Raider sequel didn't do so well I wouldn't be bothered, least then they might reboot it again and actually make a Tomb Raider game with puzzles and stuff rather then trying to hard to be Uncharted.
quaneylfc  +   24d ago
Wow, you really REALLY don't want the Tomb Raider sequel to do well.
The fact that you hinted about Tomb Raider failing is enough to know how one sided you are.

Don't worry love, you'll be able to pway it eventually.
#3.1 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(45) | Report | Reply
SoapShoes  +   24d ago
Yeah but regardless of his personal feelings on how the series is going, which has nothing to do with him not being able to play it, it's obvious it won't be better than Uncharted.
LOGICWINS  +   24d ago
"It's obvious it won't be better than Uncharted"

"Better" is an EXTREMELY subjective term.
-Foxtrot  +   24d ago
I knew someone like you would make a comment like that

This is why I said this

"Don't take this out of context"

"but if the unfortunate happened"

Because I knew someone would. Thanks for proving my point.
#3.1.3 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(5) | Report
Bathyj  +   24d ago
Its not a stretch of the imagination at all to think this game could bomb. Just because Xbox owners are dancing in the streets over this newsdoesnt mean everyone is. Playstation and PC gamers are being ignored and thats a lot of gamers to say we dont need your sale to.

This is a franchise that was only recently resurrected from obscurity. Its was only one good game from going away for a long time and it could still happen if this game pisses away all the good will the last one got.

Foxtrots personal feelings on the matter doesnt change any of that.
our_games_are_art  +   24d ago
#3.1.5 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
WackyVee  +   24d ago
There's a difference between wanting or hoping something fails and don't mind it.

I bought the PS3 reboot and enjoyed it, now a PS4 owner I know I won't be able to play it at launch and some time after. If it bombs, I really don't mind, it's not on my system.

I truly hope this game's a treat for X1 owners and maybe then I'll bother looking at it when it launches and drops to 20-30$ on PS4.

ND Uncharted 4 will be by far superior anyway.
Malphite  +   24d ago
I have to disagree with Tomb Raider being a shadow of it's former self. I've played every single major Tomb Raider game and the reboot is my favorite by far. This comes from someone who hasn't played any of the Uncharted games so I didn't have to get over any similarities between both games (since you said it tries to be Uncharted).

After having played The Last of us (my favorite game of the year so far) I definately can't wait to check out the Uncharted games and especially Uncharted 4. I'm looking foreward to both of those games and I don't see a reason to choose only one of them.
#3.2 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
SoapShoes  +   24d ago
I just really didn't like how they changed it. She used to be a Bad Ass but now she's just not. I liked it though but it certainly wasn't my favorite of the series and having come after Uncharted 2.... I haven't gone back to it as it left not underwhelmed but just not overwhelmed. I would give it an 8/10 though.
#3.2.1 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(4) | Report
-Foxtrot  +   24d ago
How can this be your favourite when it's everything BUT a Tomb Raider game. I'm sorry but you mustn't of been very fond of the old Tomb Raider games if this is your favourite...because at it's core it's not really a Tomb Raider game

It's so bad in this sense that you could actually rename things in the game, including the games name it's self and you wouldn't even know it was actually a Tomb Raider game.

Instead of getting a proper reboot of Tomb Raider with actual TR game elements of solving puzzles, surviving traps, wildlife and other dangerous encounters we get an hub based Uncharted clone on steroids

Remember this doesn't mean Tomb Raider is a crap game, it's a good game for what it is but it's just sad to see people would rather have companies change a franchise completely instead of just wanting a new IP. You could have a new game and old fans of that franchise would have a game which sticks to it's franchise roots...everyone wins.
#3.2.2 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(3) | Report
Malphite  +   24d ago
@Foxtrot: I liked most of the Tomb Raider games but I was expecting a reimagination of the series with the reboot and I think they did an excellent job with that. If anything I'd be disappointed if it was like the old games. Not because I didn't like them but because it's a reboot. A reboot should shake things up imo.
#3.2.3 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(5) | Report
-Foxtrot  +   24d ago
"If anything I'd be disappointed if it was like the old games. Not because I didn't like them but because it's a reboot"

Why though? We don't have enough games today like the old Tomb Raider games, as I've said when you have something like Tomb Raider trying to be like Uncharted it's not shaking things up, it's a game trying too hard to copy another. It didn't really offer anything new.

For example look at the health system, this game was supposed to be about "survival" yet when you have a perfect gameplay mechanic in the old games, the Med-Kits which would go alongside the survival theme of this game we get easy peasy regenerating health..I mean what the hell.

I could easily see them "shaking things up" with a reboot like the old games. It would be a nice break from all the over the top shooters we have today
mcarsehat  +   24d ago
@LOGICWINS

Ignore him, he's trolling...

Every comment seems to be Sony Sony Sony. Plus, he seems to comment every waking second, i wouldn't take it very seriously.

And, the SoapShoes comment seems worded weirdly, like it's a 2nd account, look at this line:

"Yeah but regardless of his personal feelings on how the series is going, which has nothing to do with him not being able to play it"

It sounds too personal to be another person's opinion.
Kavorklestein  +   24d ago
Not only that, but the name is a two part name like FoxTrot/SoapShoes
and both seem to obsessed with Sonic the Hedgehog.
And both seem to be speaking about shoes, or feet or walking.

And SoapShoes only has one friend, Probably Foxtrot.

Foxtrot is the one he uses to ramble on and write walls of text, and Soap shoes is the one he uses to quickly throw down short paragraphs in agreement.
We should look up soapshoes comment history and see how many times he comments in a blatant or oddly helpful way to foxtrot!
-Foxtrot  +   24d ago
Do you guys want your tin foil hats now or later...once I'm done eating a sandwich I wrapped up in it
Ken85  +   24d ago
Listen to yourself. Your basing your judgment on teasers. I feel that everyone should wait and stop judging both games so early. Personally, I think the gameplay on uncharted isn't as good as tomb raider because it's too symmetrical and scripted which in my opinion isn't as good as a more open dynamic game like tomb raider.
-Foxtrot  +   23d ago
I'm basing my judgement on their past games

"Come on their track record has been amazing"

<sigh>

Tomb Raider was just as scripted, you saw more near death experiences or set pieces with Lara then you did in all three Uncharted games

Tomb Raider has hubs instead of chapters, that's the only difference between them.
#3.4.1 (Edited 23d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
GiggMan  +   24d ago
Exactly.
Potnoodle999  +   24d ago
Haha glad were all in agreement ;D
DJustinUNCHAIND  +   24d ago
Yup, Tomb Raider. By a landslide.
Philoctetes  +   24d ago
Yep. I'm sure Tomb Raider will be fine, but come on.
Ken85  +   23d ago
Yes come on about two games that we've only seen he shadow off.
LOGICWINS  +   24d ago
I wasn't aware that Tomb Raider and UC were competing against each other. Both are different enough to warrant a purchase from me.
BiggCMan  +   24d ago
This is the main reason that Microsoft got that timed exclusivity. So they can try and compete with Uncharted 4 for holiday 2015. It's just too obvious how desperate they were with that move.
Remy_Chaos  +   24d ago
Too bad Tomb Raider will likely be buried by MS themselves. Its going to be facing Halo 5, the next COD and Assassins Creed (yes both of them are mulitplat but still) and whatever else MS may have in store.
strifeblade  +   24d ago
Actually square needs this more than msoft. If tomb raider was going to all systems it would not garner enough hype especially facing uncharted and other heavy hitters. This exclusive deal will garner it hype and msoft advertisement will move systems. and it will sell as the uncharted for xb0x one. It would have been ignored if it were to release on all systems especially by sony gamers since they would choose uncharted over tomb raider.

A year later when it releases on all systems as a goty edition, sony gamers will pick this up since they would remember the hype of it as an xbox exclusive thus generating hype of its own for the ps4 version thanks to msoft making the game known prior to that year.

So no its not desperation. Its called business and its smart.
SoapShoes  +   24d ago
Maybe on past games but now after the reboot it's very much like Uncharted.
Ken85  +   23d ago
Not really...
Relientk77  +   24d ago
It's Naughty Dog, of course Uncharted 4 wins
kingxtreme81  +   24d ago
Gamers.

Can't wait for either of them!
mhunterjr  +   24d ago
History says naughty dog will make the better game, but considering we've seen no gameplay for either, went bother asking this now?
kingtroy  +   24d ago
PS4 gamers wins ,will get Tomb raider next 3 or 6 month after.
candoa  +   24d ago
Yeah just like you got Titanfall 3 months after.
#9.1 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(14) | Report | Reply
MRMagoo123  +   24d ago
I got it nearly the same day as xbone, but on pc, still a crap game no matter how much power you put into it tho.
mcarsehat  +   24d ago
Don't cheaply and simply compare them together. I can't even imagine the sheer amount of time and effort that is put into a game. I respect them both equally. The people that actually think they have a right to choose are pathetic.

I'm the real winner, i've just bagged someone's nan on EBay

MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Plus, i own both consoles ;)
#10 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(18) | Report | Reply
HanzoHattori  +   24d ago
So what exactly are you going to do with this nan? not-a-number?
stormswrath  +   24d ago
Being a consumer gives us a right to choose.
cell989  +   24d ago
They are different games tho, I wouldn't compare them. I think both are essential
HappyWithOneBubble  +   24d ago
How is they not compared? Both 3rd person action adventure games and the subject of both is treasure hunting. Only difference is the gender of the lead characters.
snookiegamer  +   24d ago
Tomb Raider will always hold the heritage, but really, it's a no contest.

It's Uncharted all Day, Forever and a Week for me ;)
Paprika  +   24d ago
Uncharted 4, because of naughty dog being a far superior dev than CD.

However, ps4 wins. Tomb raider will be on ps4 3 to 6 months later, then what? Lol
Bonkerz  +   24d ago
With the recent news that Sonys financials not allowing ND to create a new engine for Uncharted 4 i will have to say we will wait and see. Uncharted 4 is running on the same engine that was used for Uncharted 3, and Tomb Raider did show they are using a new technology that will make the most realistic face in gaming.
#14 (Edited 24d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(37) | Report | Reply
SoapShoes  +   24d ago
Rubbish.
SoapShoes  +   24d ago
And it really is, complete and utter made up crap.
BiggerBoss  +   24d ago
You mentioned the most realistic face in gaming?

MaxwellBuddha  +   24d ago
Drake's lying in a puddle of shame because Lara knocked his bitch-ass OUT:

Revolver_X_  +   24d ago
LMAO @ Max

You dont know the difference between in-enigine cut scene and obvious CG. Your gonna be very disappointed come Holiday 2015.
Spotie  +   24d ago | Well said
It's comments like this that keep me at one bubble, as it's extremely hard not to make a personal attack when I read something this utterly asinine.
MRMagoo123  +   24d ago
And if you say anything at all you end up being the one marked down for being off topic , yet there are 6 xbone trolls commenting in this article with 5hr old comments and none have gotten bubbled down for trolling.
ABeastNamedTariq  +   24d ago
God of War III was made using a modified version of the same engine used in God of War II. A new engine isn't/wasn't necessary
Qrphe  +   24d ago
>new technology
>X1 actually gets a 360 port

Yeah no boy
francknara6   24d ago | Bad language | show | Replies(2)
HanzoHattori  +   24d ago
Tomb Raider for PS3 couldn't compete with Uncharted 2 or 3 for PS3. Why would the PS4 versions of these games be any different?
SonyStyled  +   24d ago
The gamers win. There is no loser when you have two good games. Article aimed to get clicks
incendy35  +   24d ago
Both must have games based on the last two entries in both series.
Gore-Content  +   24d ago
Who wins, he asks... The one who sold more consoles, duh!
noctis_lumia  +   24d ago
uncharted ofc
stupid question
Twiggy  +   24d ago
I'm an Uncharted guy, wasn't a Tomb Raider fella back in the 90's, so it's Uncharted for me by far, wouldn't mind being able to play the new Tomb Raider though, shame I got buggered out of my purchase, damned Square Enix.
Saito  +   24d ago
Uncharted no contest. This is a stupid article looking for clicks.
MichaelLito79  +   24d ago
Many will downplay TombRaider which actually can give Uncharted 1 a run for it's money. Having played the entire Uncharted series I still believe Uncharted is king especially, Uncharted 2 and 3. Overall, can't wait to see were TombRaider 2 and Uncharted 4 go next year.
Why o why  +   24d ago
Kinda agreed with what you were saying but both titles will be downplayed.

I think the 2nd uncharted was the best one overall. I was well impressed with the tomb raider too..
Luminescence   24d ago | Spam
Npugz7  +   24d ago
Tomb raider is an awesome game don't get me wrong but uncharted is on a whole new level!
PrinceOfAllSaiyans  +   24d ago
Lmao Naughty Dog shits on every studio out there except maybe Rock star. Uncharted will win easily in sells and quality.
MRMagoo123  +   24d ago
sales* , but I agree.
pedrami91  +   24d ago
The gamer of course. Such a silly question.
incendy35  +   24d ago
Gameplay wise, I liked Tombraider more than Uncharted 3. However, Uncharted 3 had a much better narrative. Hopefully Microsoft's money will be used to bring in better writing.
Silly gameAr  +   24d ago
Well, considering I won't be playing TR, me personally will have to go with Uncharted.
MasterCornholio  +   24d ago
In my opinion,

Naughty Dog>>>>>> Crystal Dynamics

However I enjoyed the first Tomb Raider on my PS4 so I'm pretty sure the next one will be good as well. Just not as good as what Naughty Dog can make.
« 1 2 3 »

[WKG] Preview: Hitting The Court Again With NBA 2K15

9m ago - At this year's Gamescom Show, Abdallah Hussein from We Know Gamers was given the opportunity to p... | PC

The ESRB: Twenty Years of Sex and Violence

37m ago - The Entertainment Software Rating Board began rating games 20 years ago today, with an initial ba... | Culture

Interview: The Developer looking to resurrect SSI with Seven Dragon Saga

43m ago - Digitally Downloaded sits down with Tactial Simulations Interactive's Producer/Lead Designer, Dav... | PC

Here’s Your September 19, 2014 Indie Game Bundle Update

44m ago - This week there are 31 indie game bundles available. | PC

Destiny The Game

Now - Explore Mars, Rediscover Venus, Reclaim the moon, Protect Earth. Become Legend. The wait is over! Destiny is now available to play, Pick up your... | Promoted post

Titanfall IMC Rising DLC New Map “Sand Trap” unveiled by Respawn

54m ago - SegmentNext - "Titanfall IMC Rising DLC gets another map called Sand Trap, which will join Backwa... | PC