Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is the most technically stunning video game ever made. It's also a fine example of storytelling prowess within its medium, combining gameplay and narrative so slickly and beautifully that it's impossible to extricate one from the other. It's likely you will emerge awestruck from your first play-through, wishing the experience would continue yet nonetheless satisfied with its conclusion. It's difficult not to sound hyperbolic when discussing MGS4 because every part of its design seemingly fulfills its vision, without compromise. There is no halfway.
* A brilliant mixture of storytelling and gameplay
* Mind-blowing audiovisual presentation
* Tight and compelling shooting mechanics
* Gratifying stealth mechanics
* Lots of cool gadgets and weapons that you can tailor to your own style of play.
* Storytelling is heavy-handed
* The single-player experience ends. 10/10