Submitted by Abriael 57d ago | news

Xbox One Gamers Want Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Ported to Microsoft’s Console

When Microsoft opened the Xbox Feedback page they opened the floodgates to a whole lot of ideas from the community. There are some rather silly one like “please clone Phil Spencer” and “more exclusive Xbox One games” (duh), but there also are some quite interesting ones.

Recently a proposal asking for a port of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has been picking up steam. (Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Xbox One)

Noami  +   57d ago
well micro soft need to open up for them to do so, it would be great if they do so it would have more ppl to play with in the world of ffxiv
levian  +   57d ago
It totally makes sense to release it on XB1, it just adds the potential for more players. The only way it'll ever happen is if Microsoft agrees to cross-play between platforms. There's no point in SE porting the game and installing new servers just for a small segregated population of maybe a few 10,000 players.
vishmarx  +   57d ago
this game is cocaine,no wonder everyone wants it.
should also help SE make more money bitch a little less about failed games and 'please be excited'. and hopefully hurry the hell up with ff xv ,at this rate even kh3 will release before it .
though i dunno what payment itll use.
sony agreed to make all mmo's free on ps4(obviously sub is needed) and pc is free as usual.
#1.1.1 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(4) | Report
It doesn't really make sense to release it on Xbox One only imo. Xbox One install base is the smallest compared PS4, PC and WiiU. A argument could be made for Xbox 360 and Xbox One release though. I don't think a port would be worth it for SE.
#1.1.2 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(11) | Report
SoapShoes  +   57d ago
Makes sense, I'm sure they want a lot of MMOs ported to the X1. PS4 is getting tons of them and is severely lacking on X1. Although one has to wonder, if you're a big MMO fan, why did you go with X1?? Either way, I certainly see why they want it.
DragonKnight  +   57d ago
It'll never happen. SE had to demands for this game. One was cross-play, which MS won't allow, and the other was that players not be charged by the console sub service, which MS won't allow.

It's not going to happen. Xbox is not the place for MMOs, which is odd considering it had FFXI.
#1.1.4 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report
ThanatosDMC  +   57d ago
MS doesnt like cross platform. Though i really wish MS would allow them since I want more people to buy my crap.
#1.1.5 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
guitarded77  +   57d ago
It's an excellent MMO. MS has made so many changes in the past 6 months, i don't see why this would be an issue. It will only be good for the XBOX community.
3-4-5  +   57d ago
I'd play it on XB1 for sure.

FF11 was my first mmo and a fun game.
Noami  +   57d ago
i have it for pc,ps4 its a great game and lots of fun im exited for 2.4 patch they will include rouge/ninja
christocolus  +   57d ago
I got ffxi on the original xbox. I'll definitly give it a go if its released on xbox one.
LAWSON72  +   57d ago
It is lame the reason MS won't allow it is because Xbox players are not getting anything for playing on the platform. I am usually one to defend the platform from all the hate, but this is just a stupid on MS part.

Hope to see it happen. I got a couple friends who would love a good MMO on consoles.
#1.3 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
dmitrijs88  +   57d ago
FF11 did terribly bad when ported to x360, I dont see FF game ever doing good on xbox.
bmf7364  +   57d ago
The FF 13 games were on Xbox. Didn't sell well either because Microsoft tried stealing Sony's go-to JRPG status. That worked out well...
bmf7364  +   57d ago
Square Enix said themselves that they wanted FFXIV on Xb1. They didn't want to do it because it wouldn't be on the open-platform server they have for PC/PS4/PS3. Microsoft won't open Xbox Live for any reason. This is the same reason Gabe Newell 180'd his opinion on PS3 and released Portal 2 as cross-platform with PC.(If it's to prevent DDoS or or other server attacks, XBL has been proven recently and before it's just as vulnerable as PSN)
XGamer  +   57d ago
Ummm, no their not. XBL hasnt had anything happen with the likes of the sony attacks and shut downs. Your confused.
If anything MS has proven how protected they are and how quick they repell prevent repair or correct any issue. Nonono. Dont compare the problems of a mountain to a mole hill.
XGamer  +   57d ago
He says opened up the flood gates haha but seriously no. A very small percentage of Xbox fans wants any FF game. Yes some but not many. lol no flooding here.
christocolus  +   57d ago
Some of those ideas aare hilarious.lmao. I actually see the game being released on xbox one. The producer of the game is eager to get it on xbox one too,he has actually been waiting for MS to give the go ahead. I'm sure SE and MS will reach some sort of agreement soon afterall SE&MS were able to work together to get ffXI released on the original xbox.
DigitalRaptor  +   57d ago
Well then Xbox fans should make noise about it. PC and PlayStation gamers seemed to have got it without asking, which shows which platform(s) consistently make them more money.

Does anyone know what Microsofts policies are on MMOs? Would they still be behind the XBL paywall?
#3 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Volkama  +   57d ago
Still behind the paywall, but the big hurdle is that final fantasy producer insists in cross platform servers, and MS don't allow that. Game will only happen when one side budges (like MS did for final fantasy XI).
bmf7364  +   57d ago
Final Fantasy isn't behind the PS+ paywall. Sony said that if the game doesn't run on the PSN servers, it doesn't need the Plus paywall.
#3.1.1 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Volkama  +   57d ago
Sure but the question was about microsoft's policies. We know from TESO producers that gold is required.

It's also pretty much a non-issue IMO. The number of people that own the console, don't have gold, and do want to play an online RPG is not going to be large enough to sway any decision.
One_Eyed_Wizard  +   57d ago
Yeah it's behind paywall. FFXI was. That's one of the reasons Square decided not to port FFXIV to Xbox One. The other main reason was that Microsoft wanted their own servers so that Xbox One players wouldn't be playing with PC and PS4 players.
Noami  +   57d ago
actualy ffxi was released when they gave the go ahead and it was silver account it wasnt behind paywall gold i used to play ffxi in xbox360 wich ffxi was one of the few game that rrod my 360 for leaving it always on and always playing 24/7.
One_Eyed_Wizard  +   57d ago
Same here. It RRoD'd, sent it back. Got a refurbished and the dvd drive failed after a day.

I thought for sure I needed Gold to play it though.
TheGrimReaper0011  +   57d ago
Actually, they intended for the game to be released on ps3, pc and XB360, however, microsoft wasn't for the whole shared community idea where all players, regardless of platform play together.

While I get you want people to mostly play your console, I still dont get why they turned that down though. In fact, I'd want all games to at least give the option to play with players on other platforms.

Imagine playing destiny and you have ps3, xb360, ps4 and XB1 players all playing together! I know that wont happen, but yeah.

Maybe this outcry of the fans will change their minds. Here's hoping! (dont have an XB1, but the more games and bigger community, the merrier :p )
WeAreLegion  +   57d ago
If any of you Xbox One-only owners are wondering, yes, this game is amazing. You should be able to play it, too.
Volkama  +   57d ago
It's rubbish IMO.

Not being confrontational, just sharing my own opinion as it is the complete opposite to yours :-)

Agree that people should be able to play it on the xbox though, then they can form their own opinions!
#4.1 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(25) | Report | Reply
Man_Marmalade  +   57d ago
Your opinion is rubbish :P
bellome  +   57d ago
Me and my friend are having a lot of fun with this. It's a blast, very similar to WoW in the mechanics but way deeper.

On a side note it has 2 million users, that should mean something to you.
Volkama  +   57d ago
Hmm I have no opinion on my own opinion, so I can't disagree on that.

I can agree that this is a lot like WoW. That's one of the primary reasons I don't like it. WoW didn't really impress me when it was new, and 10 years on I just think the genre should have evolved. "Like WoW" is what turned me righ off the game.

I'm still one if these 2million players you reference though. People talk about voting with your wallet, and I am casting a vote for a decent subscription payment model.
#4.1.3 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(11) | Report
Punkindrublic_  +   57d ago
I kind of agree with you... I played it for about 6 months then just got really... bored. It got stale and it's weird it took a lot longer for me to feel that way when I played FFXI. The game is beautiful looking and a lot of fun when you start. Couple of my friends that started have now stopped but a few of them are still playing it. I just couldn't justify the price for as much time as I was logging on it.
Dread  +   57d ago
As most sony fans would say in similar circumstances "I will pic it up for my PC then."

WeAreLegion  +   57d ago
I play it on both. Fantastic game, no matter what you're playing it on.
OpieWinston  +   57d ago
WoW > FF14
Neverwinter > FF14 (Neverwinter is more designed for Controller combat)

I've played FF14 and have to say it's a pretty poor experience. Good for people to have the experience opened up to them but if you really wanted to play an MMO...Just play WoW.
DigitalRaptor  +   57d ago
Can I ask when you played FFXIV?

Was it before or after A Realm Reborn? Seems a bit convenient you saying something negative about a game not on Xbox, but positive about a game that is confirmed for Xbox One and not PS4 (Neverwinter).
#4.3.1 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
Spotie  +   57d ago
Never seen a particular community display the sour grapes mentality so much as the Xbox crowd this gen. Seems life any game not coming to XB1 is garbage, while every game that will grace the console is golden.

It's really pretty bizarre.
maniacmayhem  +   57d ago
@Digital and Hicken
I find it strange that two well known Sony fanboys are upset about someone displaying their dislike for a Sony game and instantly going on the offensive.

You two sure have a lot of nerve.

You do realize that FF14 is also on PC right? Where most MMO's like WoW and Neverwinter which he did mention are played.
Scark92  +   57d ago
I agree, I literally just started it today
Dread  +   57d ago
Would be a nice addition to the library I guess. However, I do not have the time to play these types of games. So at the end of the day its a meh for me.
NeoGamer232  +   57d ago
Honestly, (xbox gamer) I am not a fan of MMOs. In fact, I despise the model no matter how good the game is...

With a monthly subscription I feel I have to play it to make it worth while. But, I want to play other games as well.

Unfortunately, I work full time plus, so MMOs would keep me from other experiences. I have a strict "No MMO" policy.
#6 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
djplonker  +   57d ago
Microsoft policy says no cross platform play hence why it didn't come out in the first place!
Godmars290  +   57d ago
At one point, when Wada was in charge, Square was literally falling over themselves, apologized many times over it, but MS never budged on their end.
Kingdomcome247  +   57d ago
Sorry, I accidentally disagreed with you while scrolling. Stupid mobile version.
CloudRap  +   57d ago
Speak for yourself I personally think FF and Square Enix in general sucks they should have let PS4 have Tomb Raider its really not a big win for Xbox.
nerdman67  +   57d ago
I havnt played it at all, since I cannot afford to pay monthly. Make it free to play and I will play it on PC, X1, and PS4
Jihaad_cpt  +   57d ago
Guess you won't be playing it then. You realize the subscriptions support for maintenance and expansions and profit.
rebeljoe14  +   57d ago
It has a free trial that lets you play for 14 days, or another one that lets you play until you reach lvl 20. Buying the game also gives you a free month so if you don't like it you can just trade it in
nerdman67  +   56d ago
Down votes for being poor.
Thats great guys.
Thanks
ocelot07  +   57d ago
I don't see why they won't allow it? Didn't they have a MMO Final Fantasy on the 360 that also connected to PS2 and PC players?

I actually just bought this title for PS4 for £2.50 a few weeks ago from thegamecollection.net. Well it was the PS3 version I bought but I got a free upgrade to the PS4 verson :).

Surprising I am really loving this game. I have never played a Final Fantasy game before in fact I have always thought of the Final Fantasy series to be rubbish as they never appealed to me. Well that teaches me to never judge a book by its cover ayyy. Hopefully Xbox One/360 owners will get to experience this.

Edit: Question am still new to this game am only level 11. So are all the other players around me PC,PS4,PS3 players or just PS4,PS3?
#11 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Seafort  +   57d ago
It's cross platform so PS3, PS4 and PC players all play on same servers.

The only reason the Xbox consoles don't have FFXIV is because MS doesn't want their community to play on same servers as everyone else.

MS doesn't like to play with others so in their eyes no one else can either :P
#11.1 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Scark92  +   57d ago
I had no idea, I never knew that it was all in the same servers!
Godmars290  +   57d ago
While MS bent over backwards to get FF11 on the 360, waved XBL subscription, its been the only exception. They also don't like sharing servers, have done it a few times with PC but never PS3/PS4, and likely wont ever in the near future.
#11.2 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ocelot07  +   57d ago
I honestly don't understand though? If Sony don't mind it and Steam don't mind it why does Microsoft mind?
Godmars290  +   57d ago
Security issues, or by allowing their paid-subs playing and directly talking to games who weren't paying for online, the former might start questioning why they were paying in the first place. Why not switch from 360 to pS3.
ocelot07  +   57d ago
Godmars290  +   57d ago
"Am sure they could wave the XBL Gold requirement for a subscription based game. Like they did for Netflix and I think free to play game."

They did what they did with Netflix only after years of leaving it behind a paywall in response to Sony never putting such services behind one. Just like MMO/F2P are free on the PS4 and PS3.
OttoniBastos   57d ago | Trolling | show
kratos17  +   57d ago
Microsoft's reasons for not having this game on xbox makes zero sense. Everyone should have the option to play this game.
Kamikaze135  +   57d ago
Would be nice to have more people to play with. Too bad Microsoft is against the idea of cross platform play.
Jag-T1000  +   57d ago
As long as its free. I'm not paying a monthly fee.
DougLord  +   57d ago
We should be like Sony fans and post 500 stories about how unfair it is that Sony has this as an exclusive.
ocelot07  +   57d ago
It's not exclusive it is also on the PC.
If Microsoft weren't so strict, you'd already have it.
Baka-akaB  +   57d ago
Ill bite with your dishonesty . Well "you" did ... plenty of articles about and request .

Its microsoft that dont do what they're supposed to do to just get the title , not somehow Sony holding it hostage .

You picked your example poorly
DigitalRaptor  +   57d ago
Your post is basically "whine, whine whine" about Sony fans, without any real throught put into how your example would apply to this situation.

You can't really compare Tomb Raider situation to this, as Sony didn't pay Square Enix 100 trucks full of $$$ to deny an Xbox One version, but of course if you were thinking logically that would have been obvious. And everyone else who's replied to you has given unique examples as to why.
#16.4 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sm00thNinja  +   57d ago
Level 50 monk fisher and goldsmith on PS4. Definitely love this game and the support its receiving post release keeps me coming back. If it hit Xbone I may even buy it again! At this point it's just a matter of time before it hits with all the talks
IHassounah  +   57d ago
Want something good Microsoft , revive Team Bondi and make them a first party studio and boom you have one of the best open world creators on your hand.
WitWolfy  +   57d ago
With one of the most bipolar CEO's to ever run a company, no thank you.
#18.1 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
IHassounah  +   57d ago
You do know Brendan McNamara left the studio and joined KMM , meaning just find a new CEO and bring back the real talent.
#18.1.1 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
DarkLord1003  +   57d ago
Didn't adam boyes himself say that ff14 will be a console exclusive. I mean PC and playstation only?
MasterCornholio  +   57d ago
I'm not sure about that but Square said they really want to bring the game to the Xbox One and their only terms are that the content has to be the same and crossplay. Its up to Microsoft to agree to that. I hope they do because its a great MMO. I can't wait to get back to it.
#19.1 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Baka-akaB  +   57d ago
Because they knew MS politics would clash with the nature of most mmos interested in a console port . It delayed XI on xbox much more than it should have ... and the same thing is currently happening
#19.2 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
WitWolfy  +   57d ago
Wont happen, pay to play and XBL (required) will never work.
Quicktim3  +   57d ago
everyone needs to start tweeting phil to make this happen.
Gore-Content  +   57d ago
What?! Tomb Raider's not enough?!
Gamer82  +   57d ago
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE THIS GAME ON XBOX ONE PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN
Shiriya  +   57d ago
I hope Microsoft will comply. It would be a shame not to be able to share a game just because they don't like the idea of them playing with others. It's just plain silly and would love to have more people experience FFXIV.
thexmanone  +   57d ago
I don`t want it. Never did like the Final Fantasy games. Just a little boring to me. But that's just me.
Baka-akaB  +   57d ago
No prob there . But since it's nothing like the solo games ... the argument is flimsy . It got its quirks , cameos , allusion and use of FF lore and design , but it doesnt really play like any FF , except XI , another mmo
#25.1 (Edited 57d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
tommygunzII  +   56d ago
Its far from FFXIV too. FFXIV is more like WoW, FFXI was unique.
tommygunzII  +   57d ago
FFXIV is a cross-platform game where PS and PC players play in the same world along side each other.
I remember playing FFXI with PS, PC, and Xbox players. MS needs to give more options to players rather than restricting them.
Revengeance  +   57d ago
Chances of this coming to XB1 is slim to none. MS is too stubborn to change their policies. They don't to allow cross-platform play and they also want players to pay double, one for XBL and the other for FFXIV.

Pretty shrewd to me.
urwifeminder  +   56d ago
Not me never played one seen it played and thought hey this is not for me so as an xboxone gamer no thanks but I am sure some may want it.

iRacing Season 4 Update Brings Oculus Rift DK2 and SDK 0.4.2 Support

18m ago - These last few weeks have been the best ever for VR racing fans, with updates to Assetto Corsa an... | PC

Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 is on Steam Greenlight, new trailer released

18m ago - Five Nights at Freddy's game developer, Scott Cawthon, has just announced a sequel (as well as an... | PC

The New Nintendo 3DS Loads Games Super Fast

18m ago - It seems as if the processor in Nintendo's brand new handheld is in a league of its own when it c... | 3DS

Digtial Journal Review: Zombie Highway 2 is a forgettable mobile game

18m ago - Gamers who enjoy killing zombies but are looking for something different may want to give 'Zombie... | iPhone

Getting started in Archeage

Now - Quick overview from Curse on everything you need to get going in Archeage. | Promoted post

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel’s Secret Boss Iwajira Killed In One Hit

20m ago - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel’s secret boss Iwajira is a tough beast to kill, but someone’s figured... | PC