Submitted by liban-ali 162d ago | opinion piece

10 Games That Will Make 2015 One Of The Most Exciting Years For Gaming

This year’s E3 has come and gone and if there is one thing that all gamers can agree on, it’s that the future of the games industry is bright and full of gaming goodness. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all focused strongly on games at E3, revealing a load of new sequels, re-releases and a fair amount of new IP’s. (Batman: Arkham Knight, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mortal Kombat 10, PC, PS3, PS4, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Zelda Wii U)

« 1 2 »
DarkOcelet  +   162d ago
2015 is going to be epic .
AgentSmithPS4  +   162d ago
Unless it gets delayed ;).
guitarded77  +   162d ago
Half the 2015 games could get delayed, and it would still be epic. Too many 2014 games got pushed to 2015 :/
thorstein  +   162d ago
2015 delayed until 2016, Confirmed!
Omnisonne  +   161d ago
yh I recall ppl saying ''2014 will be amazing for gaming'' look what happened lol
Dont get me wrong, despite the many AAA delays there are still some really good titles this year.

I say wait and see, some of those 2015 titles might as well flop for whatever reason, no way to know
#1.1.3 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report
ApolloTheBoss  +   161d ago
Best Gaming year since 2011?
Ezz2013  +   161d ago
2013 was the best gaming year for me since 2009 and 2010
Geobros  +   162d ago
Interesting list but I would add Splatoon here. It was the surprise of E3.
weekev15  +   161d ago
There are so many amazing looking games not on the list because thre are more than just 10 incredible looking games out next year. Id add Starfox, Quantum Break, Xenoblade and Silent Hills to the list as I believe they are all slated for next year.
Bonkerz  +   162d ago
Just curious as to how Quantum Break did not make this list. Quantum Break could possibly be GOTY for 2015, that gameplay demo at Gamescom was flawless. Its beyong beautiful, action filled, and story driven being created by one of the most reuptable studios out there.
OpieWinston  +   162d ago
Quantum Break is going to put Remedy on the map for Award winning studio.

After Max Payne intense Action
Alan Wake phenomenal story telling

Pretty clear Quantum Break will be a perfect blend of the strengths of their masterpieces.
LOGICWINS  +   161d ago
Yeah, the list doesn't include Tekken 7 either. And likely Just Cause 3. 2015 is so packed with awesomeness that it won't fit on a ten game list!
BiggerBoss  +   161d ago
I don't know, I just really dont see Quantum Break competing with Uncharted 4 or Halo 5. Not to mention all the OTHER epic games coming next year (witcher 3, bloodborne, MGS5, Legend of Zelda).

But by all means if Quantum Break turns out to be that good I won't be complaining :)
#3.3 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DigitalRaptor  +   161d ago
Quantum Break isn't on this list cause the author obvious wasn't that impressed by the demo that was supposed to leave us "speechless", but didn't.

You could say its demo was flawless on a technical level, but what did you expect? Bugs? Did you expect something bad to happen when they showed mainly basic cover shooting and a scene frozen in time? It was my most anticipated XB1 game and I was expecting so much more from the concept. What we saw was 90% basic cover shooting and 10% adventure-style exploration. I expect the game will be special and hope the next demo they show truly knocks it out of the park, and reignites my expectations. Biggest disappointment from Gamescom in my opinion.

In terms of a feasible GOTY: I'd stake Uncharted 4, Zelda, Halo 5, The Witcher 3, Bloodborne and MGSV over Quantum Break. And who knows… Journey won GOTY in 2012 over a game like Halo 4. No Man's Sky may end up in the same situation. It's certainly more ambitious than any of the aforementioned.
#3.4 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Snookies12  +   162d ago
Persona 5... That is also coming 2015. Just sayin'.
incendy35  +   162d ago
Replace Mortal Combat with Rise of the Tombraider and that list is amazing!
JackStraw  +   161d ago
DigitalRaptor  +   161d ago
Rise of the Tomb Raider, yet you know nothing about it?

I wonder why…
HentaiMasterRace  +   162d ago
For me it's Persona 5. And that's it. I'll be playing that all year.
lemoncake  +   162d ago
So many good games coming out a list of 10 just isn't enougth.
SG1_dapunisherX  +   162d ago
Halo 5, uc4, persona 5,zelda, batman ak, bloodbrone, qb, etc epic 2015 will be
HanzoHattori  +   162d ago
One replacement for that list:

No Man's Sky
medman  +   161d ago
I have no idea why you're getting disagrees...No Man's Sky certainly makes my personal top ten for 2015, it's right near the very top. I too have an affinity for Hattori Hanzo steel, by the way.
user367272  +   162d ago
For me Halo 5, Quantum Break, Forza 6, Uncharted 4 and Zelda are my most anticipated exclusives on consoles and Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, No Man's Sky for the PC.
#10 (Edited 162d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
OpieWinston  +   162d ago
Where is Quantum Break?

That's literally the coolest thing that's been shown for 2015.

I know it's all based on preference, but putting Uncharted 4 in #1 and leaving out Quantum Break is just silly.
#11 (Edited 162d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
BiggerBoss  +   161d ago
How exactly is it silly? Uncharted is one of playstations biggest IP's and uncharted 4 is Ps4's most anticipated title right now, while Quantum Break is an unproven new IP.

QB is in the same boat as the Order IMO, both games look great but both are unproven
#11.1 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Deividas  +   161d ago
Not in the same boat at all actually, QB is being made by Remedy which have a proven track record of great games and storytelling. While Ready at dawn is just starting on their first IP on a console. Im more excited for the Order but I have higher hopes that Remedy will make a great game. Hopefully both turn out amazing because I will be getting both
#11.1.1 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report
wonderfulmonkeyman  +   162d ago
I'm ridiculously hyped up for Xenoblade X.
It's going to be one of the biggest RPG hits of the year, and it's gonna sell bucket-loads, if gamers have any ability to sense quality games left in them at all.
#12 (Edited 162d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Metallox  +   162d ago
Xenoblade X. I'm going to play that the whole year until Zelda U comes out.
avengers1978  +   162d ago
I'm going out on a limb and saying battlefront will not be in 2015, late 2016 is my guess
Afistnu  +   161d ago
#1. H-Hour: World's Elite.
Illusive_Man  +   161d ago
Good thing us Xbox One gamers don't have to wait for greatness, with our fantastic fall lineup of first party exclusives like Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizons 2, The Master Chief Collection, Or I, Project Spark, Halo 5 and Fable Legends Beta, and exclusive 3rd party content.
#16 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
remixx116  +   161d ago
Well besided your fanboyish comment those are some winners, but isn't halo 5 coming in 2015.

Plus ps4 has arguably the best 2015 lineup (note i said arguably).
Seafort  +   161d ago
With 2 exceptions Ori and the Blind Forest and Project Spark are coming to PC too.

So you have 3 exclusives in 2014 as Halo 5 and Fable Legends are 2015 for the completed games.
#16.2 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DigitalRaptor  +   161d ago
F****** LOL.

Yes you do. Xbone hasn't had a notable good exclusive game since Titanfall.

Sunset Overdrive - Guilty Gear Xrd
Forza Horizon 2 - DriveClub
Master Chief - Already had TLOU Remastered
Project Spark - LittleBigPlanet 3
Ori - Helldivers, Apotheon, Chasm, Hotline Miami 2 and a host of other unique indies.
Fable Legends Beta - inFamous: First Light
Halo 5 Beta - PlanetSide 2
Exclusive 3rd party content - DESTINY.

So looks like PS4 gamers aren't really waiting after all, are they? There's been a steady supply of exclusive PS4 content for months.

Looks like you'll be waiting again in 2015. What does Xbone have in the first half of 2015? PS4 has The Order: 1886, Bloodborne, MLB 15: The Show, Ratchet & Clank Redux, and whatever diverse indies are on the plate.
#16.3 (Edited 160d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ziggurcat  +   161d ago
"with our fantastic fall lineup of first party exclusives like Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizons 2, The Master Chief Collection, Or I, Project Spark, Halo 5 and Fable Legends Beta"

- Insomniac is a *2nd party* developer, and SSoD could appear on other platforms because they *own the IP*
- Ori is also on PC, so not an exclusive
- Project Spark is *also* on PC, so not an exclusive

"and exclusive 3rd party content."

such as... ? because DLC content isn't something to be bragging about.
ghostface9  +   161d ago
The lack of quantum break on this list is disturbing
OtakuDJK1NG  +   161d ago
Only game on that list I am getting is The Legend of Zelda Wii U.

Add Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox and possibly SMT X FE and Fatal Frame.
#18 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
jhoward585  +   161d ago
Zelda Wii U is going to be amazing. When Nintendo put their heart n soul in developing a game it will be good. can't wait to see more of Zelda Wii U.
jhoward585  +   161d ago
Waiting to get my hands on the Division is killing me.

I need my castlevania fix...Blood borne of course.
Wni0  +   161d ago
And 5/10 of these games get delayed a year! The other half are let down! Probably.
Speak_da_Truth  +   161d ago
No The order?? no Qb these are both gonna make 2014 a great year too for gaming.
remixx116  +   161d ago
My list in no particular order

1. Uncharted 4
18. Anything I've might of missed
#22 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Speak_da_Truth  +   161d ago
its 1886 not 1996 lol but good list
#22.1 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
remixx116  +   161d ago
Oops lol wow rookie mistake, somebody suspend my license.
Kingdomcome247  +   161d ago
February alone has me drooling. Evolve, Bloodborne, The Order 1886, The Witcher 3, Dying light, and possibly Arkham Knight. I'd have liked to have seen Quantum Break on the list, but with a lineup like that, someone isn't going to make the cut.
ShiranaiJittai  +   161d ago
Almost half of that list is not confirmed to release next year. Fact-check much?
#24 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DoggyBiscuit  +   161d ago
I just wanna play the new Legend of Zelda already
dadz  +   161d ago
I'm so hype for Bloodborne and Zelda Wii U, 2015 can't come soon enough!
Hanso  +   161d ago
MGS V
Hyper Light Drifter
Mighty No 9
Axiom Verge
Hotline Miami 2
Housemaurqs new Alien Game

oh my god this is overkill O________O
#27 (Edited 161d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Steelmanner  +   161d ago
Weird, could have sworn i read the same thing about this year...
juaburg91  +   161d ago
Anywaffles, i CANT wait for:
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X!!!
JacketsNest101  +   161d ago
Totally gonna be buying Xenoblade X and will be playing that thing non-stop next year til Zelda drops. Then things will get interesting as I will have to balance all the great games that are releasing next year.
« 1 2 »

Dying Light (PlayStation 4) Review - Push Square

6m ago - Push Square: "Dying Light starts out disappointing, but once you allow its brand of undead action... | PS4

GamesAsylum - Riptide GP2 – Review

2h ago - GamesAsylum: "After making a splash on mobiles and tablets, Vector Unit’s futuristic racer arrive... | Xbox One

#IDARB Review - Pixel Related

2h ago - One thing that is clear to anyone who fires up #IDARB is that it is a game unlike any other. The... | PC

Zombie Incident Will Be Infecting Lives on the 3DS eShop in February

3h ago - Welcome to Zombie Incident, the latest game by CoderChild to come to the 3DS via the eShop for $1... | 3DS

SMITE World Championships LIVE January 9th to 11th

Now - You can watch the games and enter giveaways over at http://beta.cursevoice.com/smite-worlds | Promoted post

Starr Mazer: The Point and Click Adventure Shmup Game | TwoDashStash

3h ago - TwoDashStash: "Equal parts Gradius and Dragon’s Lair; Starr Mazer looks just crazy enough to wo... | PC