Submitted by Pozzle 348d ago | opinion piece

On its 25th birthday, which Sega Genesis games did you love the most?

Polygon: Everyone has their own tastes in games and, looking back at the titles I bought and played the most, it's clear that mine were conservative and mainstream. This has the one advantage of being able to look back and recall games that other people have likely played, or at least heard about. With hundreds of titles released on Sega's machine during the early and mid-'90s, you will likely have your own favorites. (Retro)

Rainbowcookie  +   349d ago
There are many many just some out of the top of my head.

Sonic series
Gunstar Heroes
Dynamite heady
Shining force 2
Jungle strike
Zombies ate my neighbors
Golden axe
Streets of rage 2
Yi-Long  +   349d ago
Revenge of Shinobi, and I played the version that had the Hulk, Spider-Man, Batman and the Terminator in it :)

The maze near the end was pretty difficult, though.

Other than that, Sonic just completely blew me away when I first saw and played it. And Sonic 2 was fantastic as well.

Streets of Rage was great as well, especially the music.

Oh, and I remember playing Quackshot and really liking that, plus NHL was fantastic to play with a friend.

Good memories.
Rimgal  +   349d ago
Streets of Rage.

What great memories I have playing that game with my father when I was a kid.
Tetsujin  +   348d ago
Streets of Rage 2, I remember playing the game so much the cartridge wore out.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles was another setup I played to death.

Eternal Champions wasn't bad for what it was at the time.
I_am_Batman  +   348d ago
I wish they would make a new Eternal Champions. I really liked the different characters.
I_am_Batman  +   348d ago
I have to agree. Streets of Rage 3 is my personal favorite.

To all the Streets of Rage fans here: You should definately check out the Streets of Rage Remake from bombergames if you haven't yet. It takes everything from all the 3 Streets of Rage games and adds tons of new stuff (characters, stages, moves, enemies, music) to it. It's basically Streets of Rage: the definitive edition :D
#2.2 (Edited 348d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
bjmartynhak  +   348d ago
Downloading it! Thanks!
bjmartynhak  +   348d ago
Came to post this.

After Dragon's Crown I thought we would get something like it. Still waiting!
Arkardo  +   349d ago
I have to say Altered Beasts, I know I know it's a bad game, I was a little kid and my parents didn't have much money on that time, I remember on Christmas my parents and I go out to buy some things, then we entered a Toy store to buy my sister's Christmas gift, I was waiting for my gift then we arrived home and parent's didn't said a word.

I was devastated, I was spending all afternoons after school walking to a video game store and staring like for 15 minutes everyday a Sega Genesis with Altered Beasts playing, dreaming about it, my parents didn't know about me going everyday to the Videogames store.

The day after Christmas it was there, the Sega Genesis with that particular game, I cried from joy I tell ya, and played it for hours, so the first game I always remember from that time is Altered Beasts.
#3 (Edited 349d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Paprika  +   348d ago
Haha, great story dude! Miss games like that, for me the first massive game we would run home from school to play, was Mario 64. That game took over my life and my friends! Before that, I used to love Batman on my gamegear.... that thing was a beast back then compared to gameboy! Oh, and I loved flashback and robocop vs terminator on my Sega Genesis!
#3.1 (Edited 348d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
thorstein  +   348d ago
Shadowrun. NHL 94.

Almost too many to mention but those are the ones I have the fondest memories of.
PaulFiend  +   348d ago
9. Robocop Versus The Terminator
10. Castlevania: Bloodlines
PiNkFaIrYbOi  +   348d ago
Shining Force II: The Ancient Seal
Phantasy Star IV: The End Of The Millennium
Uncharted Waters: New Horizons

Still have these games cartridges as well.
Slothnut  +   348d ago
All shining forces!!!
Shadowrun.
Heavyweight champions
Roger Wilco
Gunstar Hero
Sonic
Sega Channel!
Slothnut  +   348d ago
Oh ya new horizons was amazing too good call
darkwalker  +   348d ago
These are all classics I still play to this day:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3
Rocket Night Adventure
Shining Force 1,2,In The Darkness
Zero Tolerance
Sonic 1,2,3,Knuckles
Robocop Vs Terminator
Boogerman

And many more,the Genesis had so many great games!
kryteris  +   348d ago
Altered Beast, Aladdin, Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Contra!.. I'll never forget Altered beast, it destroyed my nes and was like experiencing the arcade at home.
#12 (Edited 348d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Lon3wolf  +   348d ago
The Immortal.
Necr0philiac  +   348d ago
I have that game on the Nes, played it a lot when I was young. I thought it had great graphics for a NES game. It was fun figuring out the traps and remembering what to do. I want to try out the Genesis version.
jjb1981  +   348d ago
Earthworm Jim
Altered Beast
Rocket Knight
Golden Axe
Street of Rage
ECCO

I did feel the Snes destroyed the Genesis in overall amount of quality games , but those titles were golden and impossible to miss either way
#15 (Edited 348d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SonyStyled  +   348d ago
the only title i remember by name was sonic, but who hasnt played that?
Coach_McGuirk  +   348d ago
General Chaos
Streets of Rage
Road Rash
DARK WITNESS  +   348d ago
Ranger X
Ghostdogg  +   348d ago
Streets of rage 1,2 and 3
Sonic
Altered beast
Eternal champions
Those are the best games in my opinion for the Genesis
Necr0philiac  +   348d ago
1)Mutant League Hockey
2)Castlevania Bloodlines
3)Road Rash 1 2 3
4)Shining Force 1 2
5)The Lion King
6)General Chaos
7)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist
8)Joe Montana NFL 94
9)Contra Hard Corps
10)Mega Turrican

Honorable mention- Mutant league Football, Fatal Fury 1 2, Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball, WWF Royal Rumble, Boogerman, Ghouls n Ghosts, Risk, Earthworm Jim 1 2, Mortal Kombat 1 2 3 u3, Splatterhouse 2 3. There are still alot of good games I am yet to own or play! Genesis Does!
Pintheshadows  +   348d ago
Streets of Rage 2, Goldenaxe 2, Road Rash 2. A lot of 2's. Alienstorm.

Oh, and the Strike series. Please EA, bring back Jungle/Urban Strike. And don't you dare balls it up. And for that matter bring back Road Rash as well. Criterion would be ideal.
#21 (Edited 348d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

New Digimon World Re-Imagining Gets Gorgeous Teaser Trailer

15m ago - Bandai Namco has revealed the first teaser trailer for its recently announced game Digimon World:... | PS Vita

Phoenix Down 40.3 – Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

19m ago - Phoenix Down is hosted by Drew Leachman and Matt Quinn. Each segment focuses on an older game the... | PS3

Win a Pro-Painted Ghorgon!

Now - Turbo Tape Games is pleased to announce a contest for an exclusive Ghorgon miniature hand-painted by Dave Taylor! | Promoted post

AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 Driver Released - Official Driver For Win10, Offers Full DX12 & WDDM 2.0 Support

57m ago - AMD has also released a new driver for its graphics cards that supports Microsoft’s Windows 10. | PC

Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut Review (PS4) - punkandlizard

1h ago - Northlander writes for P&L:"So you could say QUBE saved itself towards the end, and as for our pr... | PS4

Outlast An Infinite Source Of Horror

1h ago - ReviewOrigin- Outlast is something where hell won't survive, it’s one of the most horrible games... | PS4