Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by Pozzle 469d ago | opinion piece

On its 25th birthday, which Sega Genesis games did you love the most?

Polygon: Everyone has their own tastes in games and, looking back at the titles I bought and played the most, it's clear that mine were conservative and mainstream. This has the one advantage of being able to look back and recall games that other people have likely played, or at least heard about. With hundreds of titles released on Sega's machine during the early and mid-'90s, you will likely have your own favorites. (Retro)

Rainbowcookie  +   470d ago
There are many many just some out of the top of my head.

Sonic series
Gunstar Heroes
Dynamite heady
Shining force 2
Jungle strike
Zombies ate my neighbors
Golden axe
Streets of rage 2
Yi-Long  +   470d ago
Revenge of Shinobi, and I played the version that had the Hulk, Spider-Man, Batman and the Terminator in it :)

The maze near the end was pretty difficult, though.

Other than that, Sonic just completely blew me away when I first saw and played it. And Sonic 2 was fantastic as well.

Streets of Rage was great as well, especially the music.

Oh, and I remember playing Quackshot and really liking that, plus NHL was fantastic to play with a friend.

Good memories.
Rimgal  +   470d ago
Streets of Rage.

What great memories I have playing that game with my father when I was a kid.
Tetsujin  +   469d ago
Streets of Rage 2, I remember playing the game so much the cartridge wore out.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles was another setup I played to death.

Eternal Champions wasn't bad for what it was at the time.
I_am_Batman  +   469d ago
I wish they would make a new Eternal Champions. I really liked the different characters.
I_am_Batman  +   469d ago
I have to agree. Streets of Rage 3 is my personal favorite.

To all the Streets of Rage fans here: You should definately check out the Streets of Rage Remake from bombergames if you haven't yet. It takes everything from all the 3 Streets of Rage games and adds tons of new stuff (characters, stages, moves, enemies, music) to it. It's basically Streets of Rage: the definitive edition :D
#2.2 (Edited 469d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
bjmartynhak  +   469d ago
Downloading it! Thanks!
bjmartynhak  +   469d ago
Came to post this.

After Dragon's Crown I thought we would get something like it. Still waiting!
Arkardo  +   469d ago
I have to say Altered Beasts, I know I know it's a bad game, I was a little kid and my parents didn't have much money on that time, I remember on Christmas my parents and I go out to buy some things, then we entered a Toy store to buy my sister's Christmas gift, I was waiting for my gift then we arrived home and parent's didn't said a word.

I was devastated, I was spending all afternoons after school walking to a video game store and staring like for 15 minutes everyday a Sega Genesis with Altered Beasts playing, dreaming about it, my parents didn't know about me going everyday to the Videogames store.

The day after Christmas it was there, the Sega Genesis with that particular game, I cried from joy I tell ya, and played it for hours, so the first game I always remember from that time is Altered Beasts.
#3 (Edited 469d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Paprika  +   469d ago
Haha, great story dude! Miss games like that, for me the first massive game we would run home from school to play, was Mario 64. That game took over my life and my friends! Before that, I used to love Batman on my gamegear.... that thing was a beast back then compared to gameboy! Oh, and I loved flashback and robocop vs terminator on my Sega Genesis!
#3.1 (Edited 469d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
thorstein  +   469d ago
Shadowrun. NHL 94.

Almost too many to mention but those are the ones I have the fondest memories of.
PaulFiend  +   469d ago
9. Robocop Versus The Terminator
10. Castlevania: Bloodlines
PiNkFaIrYbOi  +   469d ago
Shining Force II: The Ancient Seal
Phantasy Star IV: The End Of The Millennium
Uncharted Waters: New Horizons

Still have these games cartridges as well.
Slothnut  +   469d ago
All shining forces!!!
Heavyweight champions
Roger Wilco
Gunstar Hero
Sega Channel!
Slothnut  +   469d ago
Oh ya new horizons was amazing too good call
darkwalker  +   469d ago
These are all classics I still play to this day:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and 3
Toejam & Earl,Panic In Funkotron
Rocket Night Adventure
Shining Force 1,2,In The Darkness
Zero Tolerance
Sonic 1,2,3,Knuckles
Robocop Vs Terminator

And many more,the Genesis had so many great games!
kryteris  +   469d ago
Altered Beast, Aladdin, Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Contra!.. I'll never forget Altered beast, it destroyed my nes and was like experiencing the arcade at home.
#12 (Edited 469d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Lon3wolf  +   469d ago
The Immortal.
Necr0philiac  +   469d ago
I have that game on the Nes, played it a lot when I was young. I thought it had great graphics for a NES game. It was fun figuring out the traps and remembering what to do. I want to try out the Genesis version.
jjb1981  +   469d ago
Streets of rage 2
Kid chameleon
Sonic 2
Baka-akaB  +   469d ago
the shining Force serie
The old School Phantasy Star
Sonic 1-3
Earthworm Jim
Altered Beast
Rocket Knight
Golden Axe
Street of Rage

I did feel the Snes destroyed the Genesis in overall amount of quality games , but those titles were golden and impossible to miss either way
#15 (Edited 469d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SonyStyled  +   469d ago
the only title i remember by name was sonic, but who hasnt played that?
Coach_McGuirk  +   469d ago
General Chaos
Streets of Rage
Road Rash
DARK WITNESS  +   469d ago
Ranger X
Ghostdogg  +   469d ago
Streets of rage 1,2 and 3
Altered beast
Eternal champions
Those are the best games in my opinion for the Genesis
Necr0philiac  +   469d ago
1)Mutant League Hockey
2)Castlevania Bloodlines
3)Road Rash 1 2 3
4)Shining Force 1 2
5)The Lion King
6)General Chaos
7)Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist
8)Joe Montana NFL 94
9)Contra Hard Corps
10)Mega Turrican

Honorable mention- Mutant league Football, Fatal Fury 1 2, Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball, WWF Royal Rumble, Boogerman, Ghouls n Ghosts, Risk, Earthworm Jim 1 2, Mortal Kombat 1 2 3 u3, Splatterhouse 2 3. There are still alot of good games I am yet to own or play! Genesis Does!
Pintheshadows  +   468d ago
Streets of Rage 2, Goldenaxe 2, Road Rash 2. A lot of 2's. Alienstorm.

Oh, and the Strike series. Please EA, bring back Jungle/Urban Strike. And don't you dare balls it up. And for that matter bring back Road Rash as well. Criterion would be ideal.
#21 (Edited 468d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur Cheats: Guide, Tips & Strategy for Android/iPhone Game

35m ago - The player selects one of the 4 Arthurs and participates in the battle (quest) with that Arthur.... | iPhone

Rush N Krush Cheats: Guide, Tips & Strategy for Android/iPhone Game

35m ago - Rush N Crush Guide Cheats - Strategy Tips for Android iPhone Game Rush N Krush is a 3D racing ga... | iPhone

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

Party Hard Review | Thought for Your Penny

36m ago - Party Hard lets players take control of a serial killer sneaking into parties and mass murdering... | PC

PGenom has launched the early access for their Sci-fi MMORPG shooter “Project Genom”

37m ago - There are plenty of Mmorpg games on the market right now, so the competition is really hard for t... | PC

Arpiel – Nexon reveals opening trailer for upcoming short anime series

7h ago - Just before G-Star 2015 started, Nexon announced it is entering the anime/ cartoon business with... | PC