Submitted by ValKilmer 73d ago | news

Tearaway Coming to PS4

It was announced today at Gamescom 2014 that Tearaway would be coming to PS4. (PS4, Tearaway)

Alternative Sources
MightyNoX  +   73d ago
Loved Tearaway on my Vita. Day 1
user1439414  +   73d ago
Good game.
abzdiine  +   73d ago
amazing game! one of the few vita games i platinumed.
i'm so happy of this announcement
Enemy  +   73d ago
The IP is too good to let it go to waste. Easily the best game on Vita. This is one of the biggest announcements for me.
Vitalogy  +   73d ago
The game is awesome but it's not the best game on the Vita. I'm sure that, like me, other people has other choices.

I loved the game on the Vita and even it being so short and me gotten platinum quickly I still played the hell out of it almost the same amount of hours if not more taking pics and customizing etc.

The more I'd like it to remain a ps vita exclusive, my ps4 screams for it and so, like the ps vita, it'll be day 1 for me.
#1.2.1 (Edited 73d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
ChronoJoe  +   73d ago
Yeah it looks great. Hope it's of a larger scale and has more post-game content than the Vita version though. Not much to do except learn origami once its over.

And that's a pain, since the game itself is only about 6hours long.

Also as Vitalogy says, not the best game on Vita for me either. Good game, very creative. But even LBP Vita trumps Tearaway for me, although I mostly play Soul Sacrifice on my Vita. That's probably the best Vita game in my opinion, but others would of course disagree.
#1.2.2 (Edited 73d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
badz149  +   73d ago
definitely put a HUGE smile on my face! love the game on Vita and now, the new one is coming to the PS4?! SWEETNESS!!
lunatic0001  +   73d ago
i loved it aswell but im sad that this pretty much confirms that my vita ain't getting no love from sony...it should have been tearaway 2 on ps vita :(
iamnsuperman  +   73d ago
Good. I loved Tearaway on the vita and it is a shame people overlooked it. It is a good game
Dudebro90  +   73d ago
This can't be what MM has been working on this entire time.
WeAreLegion  +   73d ago
It's not. There is another game.
DOMination-  +   73d ago
Hugely disappointing announcement for me. Tearaway is good for a handheld game but I was hoping for something more from Mm. Hopefully they are working on a bigger project too
jjonez18  +   73d ago
Exactly what I was thinking. But I haven't played Tearaway and don't plan on getting a Vita anytime soon so it works out for me.
@Legion
I hope your right. I was really looking forward to something new.
#3.3 (Edited 73d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
-Foxtrot  +   73d ago
I love the look of the game but please...don't tell me this is what they've been working on for a while

There's still a new IP being made...right guys?

I'm still expecting a new IP which gives us the create, share features but in 3D
#4 (Edited 73d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   73d ago
There is. They already showed it at the PS4 announcement. They're going to show it again when it's ready.

EDIT: NOT a tech demo. Game Informer had a story about the game shortly after that premiere. It is a full game with "Ghost" as the working title.
#4.1 (Edited 73d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
-Foxtrot  +   73d ago
Pretty sure that wasn't a new game but just a tech demo of how creative they were or could get with the new hardware.
DOMination-  +   73d ago
That was a tech demo
SoapShoes  +   73d ago
It was a tech demo showcasing tech that will be in their new game. Do you see that in Tearaway? No. Obviously there is a different game in the works and that trailer they showed of the mess up is definitely not tearaway.
iamnsuperman  +   73d ago
This is the smaller media molecule (the small team behind tearaway). There is still the rest of the studio (who didn't work on tearaway.
Sevir  +   73d ago
They said they have a PS4 NEW IP, so clearly Tearaway:Unfolded is not a NEW IP! The Tearaway team, of just 14 people brought the Tearaway Experience to PS4.

There PS4 new IP is still being worked on. The thing is They see TEARAWAY as potentially another big draw so instead of letting the game IP die they are bringing it to PS4. which is fine, it pans out the offerings for next year!

We've got Bloodborne, Tearaway, RIME, Until Dawn, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, Hellblade, and quite a few others. Pretty strong line up.
ValKilmer  +   73d ago
Man, this was one of the last great Non-Japanese PS Vita exclusives. Kinda scary they're taking it away from it.
#5 (Edited 73d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   73d ago
This proves that the Vita is effectively done in terms of high quality Western exclusives. Its a JRPG machine/streaming device now. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I would've liked more from it.
Blastoise  +   73d ago
Media Molecule are British
badz149  +   73d ago
what are you talking about? this is a new game altogether, not a port for the original WHICH is still exclusive.
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   73d ago
@ValKilmer

There's nothing American about Media Molecule
nidhogg  +   73d ago
oh this is just so f***ing hilarious. So now it's Vita's library of "exclusive" games. What's next to go over PS4? Gravity Rush? Uncharted Golden Abyss. No. I'm not against that. But that just shows how the credence of Vita is indeed deteriorating month by boring month.
SoapShoes  +   73d ago
It's not the same game...
Consoleslateagain  +   73d ago
This is not a good thing. Vita need more big exclusives and the great ones they have is being ported or are on another platform. Now I'm questioning if they are to support this device. Ever since it's launch Vita has been put on the back burner
Alex_Boro  +   73d ago
Was hoping for a new ip from MM. I hope they're working on something else.
PSNintyGamer  +   73d ago
Lol at all those who said it wasn't coming to PS4.
GamersHeaven  +   73d ago
Awesome day one.
dafegamer  +   73d ago
MM is working on 2 projects
GamerGuy153  +   73d ago
How long is that second project going to take? The LBP 2 team split into two teams, one developing Tearaway and the other developing the game they showed off at the PS4 unveiling. Its been 3 1/2 years now they have to at least have something to show off.
Convas  +   73d ago
Where is MM's new IP?
#11 (Edited 73d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Relientk77  +   73d ago
This game looked very neat, I'm impressed
PrinceOfAllSaiyans  +   73d ago
This was the best thing at that showing. Ah man.
GamerGuy153  +   73d ago
Is anyone else still waiting for the MM exclusive that they showed off at the PS4 unveiling in 2014? I was really hoping we would finally get another look and am beyond disappointed. Still looking forward to playing Tearaway though.
Lionalliance  +   73d ago
Freaking love the First one, imma gte this one for sure!
The messengers are so cute!
theshredded  +   73d ago
game has slick features
HappyWithOneBubble  +   73d ago
PS4 is the place to be. A wide variety of games to choice from.
Convas  +   73d ago
They showed a ton of indies, that besides Rime, The Tomorrow Children, and Alienation, will all be on PC.

So. I'm not sure where the ZOMG is coming from.

@Below: Congratulations gentlemen, you have both FAILED at reading comprehension.

I made it clear that the games listed above are NOT coming to PC. WTF. Quit kneejerking and learn to read and become intimately familiar with the OXFORD COMMA.
#17.1 (Edited 73d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
rarity  +   73d ago
Are all the games you just listed even confirmed to be coming to PC?
SoapShoes  +   73d ago
^No they aren't, he's just making stuff up.
ginsunuva  +   73d ago
Unless you already own a Ps3 and Vita
GreenRanger  +   73d ago
Another reason to own a Vita. /s
gangsta_red  +   73d ago
You can use it to call in your Dragon Zord!
souga_houjou_jin  +   73d ago
well that last game they showed "wild" look awesome need more news from that
Chespin  +   73d ago
Keep them ports coming Sony.
sonic989  +   73d ago
really its entirely a new game .
Chespin  +   73d ago
It's a port with new areas and features.
SoapShoes  +   73d ago
That's like saying it's a port but the whole game is different. All he said was the same is the story.
wolfcreek  +   73d ago
really and you bought a ps4 for ports that could be on ps3 or gameboy for that matter,ok cool keep needing that powerful paperwait, trading mine in this week for xbox1
sonic989  +   73d ago
Teh shooters right .
yeah no need to have creative games just make those movie like games because all of us love them right . /s
cell989  +   73d ago
day 1 purchase right here, cant wait to play it on the big screen
wolfcreek  +   73d ago
holy shit another indie damn where do I sell the ps4 or should we get our money back on sold lies
sonic989  +   73d ago
Indie ?????!!!!!! Tearaway INDIE ??????
how comes ? do you look at any game that isnt a boring shooter an Indie game .
i am sick of this world already and yes am RANTING .
Lionalliance  +   73d ago
wow.....are you serious? is a MM game, not an indie game.
Cobberwebb  +   73d ago
Tearaway? Indie?
I'll have what you're smokin'.
sonic989  +   73d ago
So happy to get this game For PS4 .
i bought it for vita it was one of the best games in the year now on PS4 i will definitely get that game
Nightcyberspud  +   73d ago
Way to abandon the Vita Sony!
Ethereal  +   73d ago
I was happy to see this and then I realized it was a retelling. Ill wait to pick this one up but for those that haven't played it yet, it is fantastic. Sad to see there was literally zero love for the Vita. Maybe TGS?
CorruptBoyd  +   73d ago
What a dissapointing annoucement feom Mm
SilentNegotiator  +   73d ago
Weren't the Vita features a big part of that game?

Massive Cleavage vs Zombies Has Both Those Things on Xbox 360

19m ago - Outside Xbox: Massive Cleavage vs Zombies contains both of those things and, what's more, is an... | Xbox 360

Ultra Street Fighter IV Wild Costumes DLC Announced

19m ago - New DLC costumes have been revealed for Ultra Street Fighter IV, changing characters into animals. | PC

Show of the Week: The Evil Within vs Jane vs Mike

28m ago - Outside Xbox: It is a good time to be a horror game aficionado on Xbox, with Alien: Isolation, S... | PC

Square Enix Release New Trailer For 3594e

38m ago - Square Enix's official Youtube channel has released a brand new trailer for their upcoming mobile... | iPhone

Getting started in Archeage

Now - Quick overview from Curse on everything you need to get going in Archeage. | Promoted post

Let's Play Shadow Warrior on Xbox One

39m ago - Outside Xbox: The original Shadow Warrior was a 1997 first-person shooter from 3D Realms that di... | Xbox One