Submitted by ValKilmer 169d ago | news

Tearaway Coming to PS4

It was announced today at Gamescom 2014 that Tearaway would be coming to PS4. (PS4, Tearaway)

Alternative Sources
MightyNoX  +   169d ago
Loved Tearaway on my Vita. Day 1
user1439414  +   169d ago
Good game.
abzdiine  +   169d ago
amazing game! one of the few vita games i platinumed.
i'm so happy of this announcement
Enemy  +   169d ago
The IP is too good to let it go to waste. Easily the best game on Vita. This is one of the biggest announcements for me.
Vitalogy  +   169d ago
The game is awesome but it's not the best game on the Vita. I'm sure that, like me, other people has other choices.

I loved the game on the Vita and even it being so short and me gotten platinum quickly I still played the hell out of it almost the same amount of hours if not more taking pics and customizing etc.

The more I'd like it to remain a ps vita exclusive, my ps4 screams for it and so, like the ps vita, it'll be day 1 for me.
#1.2.1 (Edited 169d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
ChronoJoe  +   169d ago
Yeah it looks great. Hope it's of a larger scale and has more post-game content than the Vita version though. Not much to do except learn origami once its over.

And that's a pain, since the game itself is only about 6hours long.

Also as Vitalogy says, not the best game on Vita for me either. Good game, very creative. But even LBP Vita trumps Tearaway for me, although I mostly play Soul Sacrifice on my Vita. That's probably the best Vita game in my opinion, but others would of course disagree.
#1.2.2 (Edited 169d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
badz149  +   169d ago
definitely put a HUGE smile on my face! love the game on Vita and now, the new one is coming to the PS4?! SWEETNESS!!
lunatic0001  +   169d ago
i loved it aswell but im sad that this pretty much confirms that my vita ain't getting no love from sony...it should have been tearaway 2 on ps vita :(
iamnsuperman  +   169d ago
Good. I loved Tearaway on the vita and it is a shame people overlooked it. It is a good game
Dudebro90  +   169d ago
This can't be what MM has been working on this entire time.
WeAreLegion  +   169d ago
It's not. There is another game.
DOMination-  +   169d ago
Hugely disappointing announcement for me. Tearaway is good for a handheld game but I was hoping for something more from Mm. Hopefully they are working on a bigger project too
jjonez18  +   169d ago
Exactly what I was thinking. But I haven't played Tearaway and don't plan on getting a Vita anytime soon so it works out for me.
@Legion
I hope your right. I was really looking forward to something new.
#3.3 (Edited 169d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
-Foxtrot  +   169d ago
I love the look of the game but please...don't tell me this is what they've been working on for a while

There's still a new IP being made...right guys?

I'm still expecting a new IP which gives us the create, share features but in 3D
#4 (Edited 169d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   169d ago
There is. They already showed it at the PS4 announcement. They're going to show it again when it's ready.

EDIT: NOT a tech demo. Game Informer had a story about the game shortly after that premiere. It is a full game with "Ghost" as the working title.
#4.1 (Edited 169d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
-Foxtrot  +   169d ago
Pretty sure that wasn't a new game but just a tech demo of how creative they were or could get with the new hardware.
DOMination-  +   169d ago
That was a tech demo
SoapShoes  +   169d ago
It was a tech demo showcasing tech that will be in their new game. Do you see that in Tearaway? No. Obviously there is a different game in the works and that trailer they showed of the mess up is definitely not tearaway.
iamnsuperman  +   169d ago
This is the smaller media molecule (the small team behind tearaway). There is still the rest of the studio (who didn't work on tearaway.
Sevir  +   169d ago
They said they have a PS4 NEW IP, so clearly Tearaway:Unfolded is not a NEW IP! The Tearaway team, of just 14 people brought the Tearaway Experience to PS4.

There PS4 new IP is still being worked on. The thing is They see TEARAWAY as potentially another big draw so instead of letting the game IP die they are bringing it to PS4. which is fine, it pans out the offerings for next year!

We've got Bloodborne, Tearaway, RIME, Until Dawn, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, Hellblade, and quite a few others. Pretty strong line up.
ValKilmer  +   169d ago
Man, this was one of the last great Non-Japanese PS Vita exclusives. Kinda scary they're taking it away from it.
#5 (Edited 169d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   169d ago
This proves that the Vita is effectively done in terms of high quality Western exclusives. Its a JRPG machine/streaming device now. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I would've liked more from it.
Blastoise  +   169d ago
Media Molecule are British
badz149  +   169d ago
what are you talking about? this is a new game altogether, not a port for the original WHICH is still exclusive.
HarryMasonHerpderp  +   169d ago
@ValKilmer

There's nothing American about Media Molecule
nidhogg  +   169d ago
oh this is just so f***ing hilarious. So now it's Vita's library of "exclusive" games. What's next to go over PS4? Gravity Rush? Uncharted Golden Abyss. No. I'm not against that. But that just shows how the credence of Vita is indeed deteriorating month by boring month.
SoapShoes  +   169d ago
It's not the same game...
user5669510  +   169d ago
This is not a good thing. Vita need more big exclusives and the great ones they have is being ported or are on another platform. Now I'm questioning if they are to support this device. Ever since it's launch Vita has been put on the back burner
Alex_Boro  +   169d ago
Was hoping for a new ip from MM. I hope they're working on something else.
PSNintyGamer  +   169d ago
Lol at all those who said it wasn't coming to PS4.
GamersHeaven  +   169d ago
Awesome day one.
dafegamer  +   169d ago
MM is working on 2 projects
GamerGuy153  +   169d ago
How long is that second project going to take? The LBP 2 team split into two teams, one developing Tearaway and the other developing the game they showed off at the PS4 unveiling. Its been 3 1/2 years now they have to at least have something to show off.
Convas  +   169d ago
Where is MM's new IP?
#11 (Edited 169d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Relientk77  +   169d ago
This game looked very neat, I'm impressed
PrinceOfAllSaiyans  +   169d ago
This was the best thing at that showing. Ah man.
GamerGuy153  +   169d ago
Is anyone else still waiting for the MM exclusive that they showed off at the PS4 unveiling in 2014? I was really hoping we would finally get another look and am beyond disappointed. Still looking forward to playing Tearaway though.
Lionalliance  +   169d ago
Freaking love the First one, imma gte this one for sure!
The messengers are so cute!
theshredded  +   169d ago
game has slick features
HappyWithOneBubble  +   169d ago
PS4 is the place to be. A wide variety of games to choice from.
Convas  +   169d ago
They showed a ton of indies, that besides Rime, The Tomorrow Children, and Alienation, will all be on PC.

So. I'm not sure where the ZOMG is coming from.

@Below: Congratulations gentlemen, you have both FAILED at reading comprehension.

I made it clear that the games listed above are NOT coming to PC. WTF. Quit kneejerking and learn to read and become intimately familiar with the OXFORD COMMA.
#17.1 (Edited 169d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
rarity  +   169d ago
Are all the games you just listed even confirmed to be coming to PC?
SoapShoes  +   169d ago
^No they aren't, he's just making stuff up.
ginsunuva  +   169d ago
Unless you already own a Ps3 and Vita
GreenRanger  +   169d ago
Another reason to own a Vita. /s
gangsta_red  +   169d ago
You can use it to call in your Dragon Zord!
souga_houjou_jin  +   169d ago
well that last game they showed "wild" look awesome need more news from that
Chespin  +   169d ago
Keep them ports coming Sony.
sonic989  +   169d ago
really its entirely a new game .
Chespin  +   169d ago
It's a port with new areas and features.
SoapShoes  +   169d ago
That's like saying it's a port but the whole game is different. All he said was the same is the story.
wolfcreek  +   169d ago
really and you bought a ps4 for ports that could be on ps3 or gameboy for that matter,ok cool keep needing that powerful paperwait, trading mine in this week for xbox1
sonic989  +   169d ago
Teh shooters right .
yeah no need to have creative games just make those movie like games because all of us love them right . /s
cell989  +   169d ago
day 1 purchase right here, cant wait to play it on the big screen
wolfcreek  +   169d ago
holy shit another indie damn where do I sell the ps4 or should we get our money back on sold lies
sonic989  +   169d ago
Indie ?????!!!!!! Tearaway INDIE ??????
how comes ? do you look at any game that isnt a boring shooter an Indie game .
i am sick of this world already and yes am RANTING .
Lionalliance  +   169d ago
wow.....are you serious? is a MM game, not an indie game.
Cobberwebb  +   169d ago
Tearaway? Indie?
I'll have what you're smokin'.
sonic989  +   169d ago
So happy to get this game For PS4 .
i bought it for vita it was one of the best games in the year now on PS4 i will definitely get that game
Nightcyberspud  +   169d ago
Way to abandon the Vita Sony!
Ethereal  +   169d ago
I was happy to see this and then I realized it was a retelling. Ill wait to pick this one up but for those that haven't played it yet, it is fantastic. Sad to see there was literally zero love for the Vita. Maybe TGS?
CorruptBoyd  +   169d ago
What a dissapointing annoucement feom Mm
SilentNegotiator  +   169d ago
Weren't the Vita features a big part of that game?

The Diablo-styled Open World Game That Let's You and Friends Build Cities and Conquer Together

9m ago - Check out Albion Online, the RPG open world MMO built in the vein of Diablo and DOTA. | PC

Apple Patent new Controller Design for the iPhone: 3DS and Vita Beware

32m ago - The Web Graffiti: "Gaming on a smartphone can be problematic when it comes down to some games. A... | iPhone

Mario Maker Release Appears To Have Been Pushed Back

35m ago - Nintendo revealed a very unique game for the Wii U during last year’s E3 with Mario Maker. Rather... | Wii U

Dying Light review - Just-One

35m ago - "Conclusion: Dying Light is just in matters of mechanics or the mood a very good game. The techni... | PC

Do You Suffer From Open World Fatigue?

Now - The open-world format has become prevalent, is it too much? | Promoted post

PlayStation 4 System Compiler Support Landing In LLVM

35m ago - Support for Sony's PlayStation 4 game console code generation is landing within LLVM's open-sourc... | Industry