Submitted by vric 206d ago | trailer

New video for Rime, exclusively on PlayStation 4

A new video for Rime has been shared during Gamescom 2014 Sony conference. The third-person adventure game created by Tequila Works will be available exclusively on PlayStation 4. (gamescom, Gamescom 2014, PS4, Rime)

Attached Video
Alternative Sources
MightyNoX  +   206d ago
Looks amazing.
Kingthrash360  +   206d ago
Like ICO and Zelda had a baby . that world looks just stunning. I'm even more excited to play it. They didn't even show combat...I love these kinds of adventure 1st action second games. We need more of these.
#1.1 (Edited 206d ago ) | Agree(27) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Ballsack  +   206d ago
If this game had link in it you wouldn't be surprised such is the quality

Game of the conference so far for me.
tuglu_pati  +   206d ago
Really interested on this game. Look really good.
abzdiine  +   206d ago
exactly my thoughts!
keeping an eye on it!
mikeslemonade  +   206d ago
Zelda killer confirmed! j/k

But on the real.. if Nintendo had the same game and put the name Zelda on it people would be making a big a deal about this game than anything else.
hulk_bash1987  +   206d ago
I loved Deadlight and this looks like another great title from Tequila Works.
badz149  +   206d ago
looks amazing indeed. have been waiting for more news and footage since the 1st reveal and now I just need the release date!
MeLoveRamen  +   206d ago
Now this is what you call an exclusive only on ps4. I liked how the presenter cleared it up and straight up said it was ONLY ON PS4
Kingthrash360  +   206d ago
Game over. This game won the conference for me.
Key words : FOR ME
#2 (Edited 206d ago ) | Agree(26) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
Budobear  +   206d ago
Dude, apparently there are people out there who know you better than you know yourself. You have a fair few disagrees so there must have been something els you thought was better!
GW212  +   205d ago
That's not really the point of the disagree button. He voiced his OPINION, and others have disagreed because they have a DIFFERENT opinion.

Let's put this into a real-world example: He says that this game won the conference for him. My opinion is that Bloodborne won the conference for me. We disagree, right? OK, so now what do I do with that disagree button? Press it? Yup, I pressed it.

Super simple stuff.

Actually, out of curiosity, what do you believe the disagree button is for?
Budobear  +   205d ago
Well I wouldn't say it was to disagree with what someone else thought of something.
If I say I like cake you can't really disagree with that because its my opinion, you might have a different one and like muffins but thats not disagreeing with me.
If the guy had said 'This was the best game EVER!' then yes disagree, but as he stated it was his opinion you can't disagree with that, you can have a different opinion though which is different.
I wasn't being serious anyway but if you have a different view point put it across with a discussion rather than just press the disagree button.
#2.1.2 (Edited 205d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Enemy  +   206d ago
The new generation's ICO. Sony already won the battle of the conferences.
#3 (Edited 206d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
Benjammin25  +   206d ago
It wasn't even a contest. The only thing I can remember from the MS conference was Tomb Raider, which might not even be a full exclusive.
DigitalRaptor  +   205d ago
Looks like it, huh?

Bloodborne was there, so that already won the battle of the conferences, but the top 3 games for me there were:

- RiME
- Bloodborne
- WiLD (Michel Ancel is such an incredible creator and that game looks so damn incredible)

---

@ Benjammin25

Microsoft revealed lots of nice indies, but the Tomb Raider announcement was absolute bulls*t, Quantum Break which I was massively looking forward to left me neither speechless, nor worried about not having an Xbone to play the game anymore. It could have been, but Sam, next time be honest about your game.

And the rest of their conference were games we already know are coming out. On the topic of Tomb Raider, the reason I called it bulls*t is because (mark my words) it's a timed exclusive.
#3.2 (Edited 205d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Godmars290  +   206d ago
Didn't MS show off something like this at E3, if not this very title?
Enemy  +   206d ago
Nope, this was always known to be a new Sony IP.
Godmars290  +   206d ago
There isn't something called Below?
Venox2008  +   206d ago
Microsoft showed Ori and the blind forest.. both are stunning games I am waiting for sure
Enemy  +   206d ago
It also looks nothing like Rime. It's a side scrolling indie game.
JoGam  +   206d ago
You were watching the Sony conference drunk and thought you were watching Microsoft instead. Its ok!
FamilyGuy  +   205d ago
This isn't really anything like below aside from the pastel colored cell-shading visuals. Below looks like a great title too, one of very few xbox exclusives that I wish was heading to PS4.
#4.4 (Edited 205d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
imt558  +   206d ago
Beautiful game. Glad the Tequila is Sony's 1st party.
Nine_Thousaaandd  +   206d ago
Totally agree!
user366359   206d ago | Spam
Convas  +   206d ago
Finally, Rime is back. It took a year, but it looks amazing!
MonChiChi  +   206d ago
This looks absolutely beautiful.
XtraTrstrL  +   206d ago
Liking it, I think of Wind Waker when I see the cell-shading style.
SoapShoes  +   206d ago
Does it come out this year?
Meltic  +   206d ago
So many games shown and no realese dates. Not even Until dawn... dissapointed
gamertk421  +   206d ago
So far, Rime and Until Dawn are the ones that interest me.
lemoncake  +   206d ago
Same here, really liked the look of these two.
Fullmetalevolust  +   206d ago
I am very excited for this! Yay for adventure and exploring new worlds!
johny5  +   206d ago
Microsoft can have Tomb Raider, I'll take this!
#13 (Edited 206d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
bloodybutcher  +   206d ago
I'm not big on indies, but this looks amazing.
fr0sty  +   206d ago
Most people who say that don't realize half they games they grew up playing came from indie studios.
iceman06  +   206d ago
^^THIS^^ person gets it!!! If they interest you, why does it matter who developed it, how large the studio is, or how much it cost to make? Just play the damn games. We've spent decades playing games from devs that used to be independent. We froth over the newest, best "AAA" titles...only to be disappointed by their amazing lack of creativity. Then, when an indie developer comes up with something newer and seemingly fresher, we scoff at the idea that it could be good because of a budget, the size of the studio, or who it might be attached to? Is this where we are as gamers!?!
GW212  +   205d ago
Yup.

And many (most) studios started as indie studios. Insomniac and Valve come to mind.
bloodybutcher  +   205d ago
I didn't say i don't play them, just that i ain't big on'em. I never get disappointed by aaa games because, just as with everything in life, i don't have any expectations. If a game gets good reviews and seems to be my cup of tea, then i buy it. There is so many low-or maybe rather not-as-high - budget games out there, that i can safely assume that vast majority does not have appeal for me. Yes, i didn't care whom created Bruce Lee or World Karate Championship for Atari, but in my youth it looked a bit different with games. Anyway, don't get upset, people. Everyone's got different opinions, i will play whatever i want. Even Hannah Montana games, if i feel like it. Doesn't make me any less of a gamer.
fr0sty  +   205d ago
But it does make you less of a gamer by assuming that the word "indie" = low budget, cheap, etc.

It doesn't. In fact, some of the most technically ambitious game of this generation are indie titles. Hell, No Man's Sky is creating an entire galaxy in-game! Wild takes place on a continent the size of Europe. No AAA game has tried anything of that scale before.
theshredded  +   206d ago
Indie ftw!
Sevir  +   206d ago
Absolutely breathtaking!
Relientk77  +   206d ago
I just really want this game. Plain and simple.
callahan09  +   206d ago
Looks absolutely stunning. It's like Wind Waker & Ico had a baby. Never been more excited for a so-called "indie" game. This game will be wonderful!
Hallgeir  +   206d ago
Wow, that art direction is to die for. Rime looks like it truly can be a really special adventure game. Can't wait to hopefully see more of the game this week.
Scark92  +   206d ago
Love this
MasterofMagnetism  +   206d ago
Damn that artstyle looks incredible.
Justindark  +   206d ago
another great ps4 game and im a nintendo fan. man this looks good like ico!
mo241  +   205d ago
I don't get this game, what so great about it? what can you do? Only saw the trailer not the conference.
FamilyGuy  +   205d ago
It looks like a puzzle game to me, but I keep reading people mention that it has a combat system of some sort. Could be like a Zelda game and it looks pretty interesting so far. He turned a dial that changed the time of day, then the setting sun or night made a bridge appear.

I'm sure we'll learn more about this game as it gets closer to release. Looking like a mid to late 2015 title at the moment.
mo241  +   204d ago
ok thanks will watch e3 reveal again (not sure if there was any)

Yep, Gigantic Still Looks Pretty Cool

14m ago - Kotaku: Gigantic is a team-based action game coming from James Phinney, the lead designer on Star... | PC

SEVEN New VR Videogames Confirmed for EGX Rezzed with Sublevel Zero Added

20m ago - VRFocus- Next weekend sees the EGX Rezzed event take place in London, UK. There have already been... | Culture

Five Nights at Freddy's and Difficulty in Horror Games

20m ago - The Five Nights at Freddy's series has its share of pros and cons, but there's one thing that not... | PC

North American PlayStation Store Preview (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – March 10

20m ago - The PlayStation Store games in North America have been confirmed for next week. | PS3

New looped animations from White Night, a completely black and white game

Now - White Night is a noir horror game inspired by classic horror movies and games, with a focus on strong visual storytelling. | Promoted post

Hatred Interview: A Calm Talk With Destructive Creations

21m ago - EB's Owen Hibbert writes, "Hatred, the game from Destructive Creations has so far come across as... | PC