Submitted by blackphosphor 426d ago | opinion piece

Battlefield 4 Update In September - Its the Netcode

Yet another Battlefield 4 update is coming quickly. Just announced by DICE the next update promises many general improvements. But the most intriguing of the updates is the Netcode improvements. (Battlefield 4, PC, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

AgentSmithPS4  +   426d ago
Did you know that the first netcode was designed to be perfect? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. EA wouldn't allow the program. Entire crops of players were lost.

Some believed DICE lacked the programming language to describe the perfect netcode. But I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery, so they continue throwing money at companies that abuse them. ;)

I don't think too much about the netcode since I do fine when playing, I do get killed behind solid cover sometimes and I do hear lots of people complaining about 'lag' but some of them have crazy smoothing settings etc so who knows, I just hope it gets better.
HaydenJameSmith  +   426d ago
Well I assume your talking bout for PC, I feel like it is more genuine on console, when people complain, cause we all have fixed hardware... so there is no doubt that there is problems. I suffer from Lagg, rubber banding, getting kill'd round corners and by guys with 0 health, not all the time ofc but although I must admit it has gotten a lot better since launch but I am looking forward to this update for not just the netcode but all the balancing changes that come with it cause even when the game is working its far to unbalanced when compared to BF3 in my opinion...
AgentSmithPS4  +   426d ago
Yeah I hate the 0 health crap, it's annoying and makes them look even more sloppy. I get a lot of 1-4% too :(.
konnerbllb  +   426d ago
10 tickrate isn't perfect, neither is 30 for that matter. Your claims are unfounded.
AgentSmithPS4  +   426d ago
It wasn't a claim it was a joke of sorts, just like the game.
InTheZoneAC  +   426d ago
lag and aim assist=noob central
Majin-vegeta  +   426d ago
They will nerf aim assist on consoles towards BF3 level and are thinking of putting an option where server admins can disable it for their servers.

Also If you got time I recommend reading through this it's gives a lot of help on what they're gonna be doing to BF4.

Edit:Just look for the Blue highlighted posts.
#2.1 (Edited 426d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
IVanSpinal  +   426d ago
"They will nerf aim assist on consoles"

link please
Majin-vegeta  +   426d ago
@Ivan Check the link I put above.I' member reading it in there somewhere.

@Ivan found it for ya. http://awesomescreenshot.co...
#2.2 (Edited 426d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
But what I do wonder is how many of the so called hardcore crowd will actually use this option lol... If anyone that does own a server that'll implement this option, please shoot me a server name so I may proceed to kick some virtual ass with you when they update it. It would be super duper ;)

BTW thanks for the link Vegeta
MysticStrummer  +   426d ago
Bad Company 2 is still where it's at.
Vantage  +   426d ago
Bad Company 2 is one of the best shooters ever released.
sevilha82  +   426d ago
Yep,the fun that game was.
ZombieDust  +   426d ago
I am sick of these remasters of games that game out in the last year or two. Games like BC2 are the ones that need a remaster.
#3.3 (Edited 426d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Pillsbury1  +   426d ago
This is the reason I will never buy another battlefield game at launch. I am going to wait and ensure that it's playable.
user81673  +   426d ago
next time i will wait one year to buy battlefield and let them sort it out.
metalmatters  +   426d ago
maybe thats the reason the servers continue being busy, cause people are still playing or buying the game. You know the game is good and it would be worse if the game was non existent at all, I know I would miss it
GiggMan  +   426d ago
I took everyone's advice and waited. I just bought it last week and had a little trouble getting into it but now it seems OK. Can't wait for this update.
metalmatters  +   426d ago
I still play the crap out of this game, and the servers are always full in all maps, so that must mean people love the game regardless, bring in the updates I dont care, I dont mind. The game runs fine now, that whole debacle that the game is "broken" was last year when it launched, let it go already people
Mikeyy  +   426d ago
I also religiously play battlefield 4 on PS4 and I have very few problems.

I think the majority of people upset haven't even tried playing recently, there problems were fixed ages ago.

They probably dont even know how to find server ping, or how to turn on the high frequency updates for that matter (you have to turn it on in the menu).

The last bastion of people complaining are most likely from another country trying to play on north American servers. Your ping is going to be horrible because you are too far away. Play in your local region.
Last time I checked ( 2 weeks ago ),the game is still got the same problem... They fixed the biggest issue for the most part which was rubberbanding but it's problem since then has been you can clearly shoot people before they even notice you ( sometimes almost half a clip if not a little more ) and then they drop you with some absurd amount of health ( 100 health !? ) left. Makes it unplayable especially if you want the game to play competitively . Not a big deal for those just wanting to kill some time.
KwietStorm  +   426d ago
The game clearly still has very prevalent issues, which is clearly why they're still "fixing" it. It's much more stable now than before, but I will never understand how people can defend this game and tell their fellow gamers that they need to get over it or let it go.
user81673  +   426d ago
let me guess, you live near their servers right? 30ms delay is too long for a game at 60fps.
#6.4 (Edited 426d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ZombieDust  +   426d ago
So since its running fine for you it must be the same for everyone huh? Interesting thought.
#6.5 (Edited 426d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
metalmatters  +   424d ago
All im saying is, many people play this game and they wouldnt anymore if all these problems persisted. Maybe the game is that good, that even with so many problems people still play it idk
CoTton_MoUtH  +   426d ago
Face the fact people DICE can improve the netcode 100 times but BF well never be as good as Bad Company 2 everything about Bad Company 2 was awesome if the original modern warfare wasn't so good I would say that was the best fps!!!!! If EA and DICE can't capture the greatness of BC2 then they should just stop. Making improvements doesn't mean it will be fixed.!!!
#7 (Edited 426d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
dkgshiz  +   426d ago
BF4 probably is the most patched FPS in existence. Not only that, the patches are huge. 1-2gb+ for nearly everyone of them.
akaFullMetal  +   426d ago
In a couple months the game will be 1 year old and they are still trying to fix the net code and on line performance. What a major screw up, I can see this hurting sales.
#9 (Edited 426d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Ark_  +   426d ago
I am happy for their ongoing effort to make it a better experience as well as postponing the next installment (Hardline). It's the only respectable way to go from that launch failure imo.
brich233  +   426d ago
BF4 Netcode seems fine most of the time on Xbox One, there are times that i get killed behind walls though.

Project CARS' Big VR Update Now Live

12m ago - VRFocus reports on UK-based developer Slightly Mad Studios has now released its 5.0 patch for its... | PC

Halo 5 merch now includes a Fall of Reach movie and a very expensive helmet

13m ago - Though snagging a Digital Deluxe, Limited, or Collector's Edition of Halo 5 will grant fans exclu... | Xbox One

MoreConsole takes on Destiny: The Taken King

Now - MoreConsole's rag-tag band of guardians finally make it to the Oryx's ship...but can they make it out alive? | Promoted post

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - Play Time

24m ago - Chalgyr's Game Room writes: This is more about the watching than the reading, but PY has a new... | PS4

Why 2K chose New Orleans for Mafia 3, plus four Districts and Music discussed

27m ago - Games have a way of bringing to life a time and place like no other media can, and in the upcomi... | PC

5 Amazing Free-To-Play Online Games

29m ago - Gaming can be an expensive proposition, whether we're talking about upgrading your PC to meet the... | PC