Submitted by Abriael 85d ago | rumor

Guerrilla Games New PS4 Game to Include Animals/Creatures with “Real-Time Animalistic Movement”

Very little is known about the Guerrilla Games' unannounced PS4 game, even if there are widespread rumors about its nature as an open world RPG. Today another piece might have been added to the puzzle. (Guerrilla Games, PS4)

Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 10
Uncle_Buck  +   85d ago
Beastiality!!
LightDiego  +   85d ago
"Killzone dog confirmed." The article said it, not me.
Volkama  +   85d ago
"Real time animalistic movement" sounds like something out of the Battleblock Theatre Steam trailer. Somehow I don't think it'll make it onto the case as a bullet point feature.
Hk85karlsson  +   85d ago
You´ll get a bubble from me (for your absolute honesty, a rare trait amongst these N4G folks)
Detoxx  +   85d ago
Just like Red Dead Redemption.
lelo  +   85d ago

EDIT:
@mezati99
Are you telling me that you consider their Killzone games for PS2, PS3 and Vita great?
You got to be kidding me.
#4 (Edited 85d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(43) | Report | Reply
mezati99  +   85d ago
did you just compared Crytek to Guerrilla Games ?! killzone SF was their ONLY mediocre game. i don't blame them it's a launch game after all. never go full retard
Detoxx  +   85d ago
It's an opinion. And Killzone 3 was mediocre aswell in my opninion.
Fishy Fingers  +   85d ago
I can understand the comparison, while GG games tend to be more enjoyable (subjective), their core selling point tends to be the technology/visuals. In that respect they're very much like Crytek.
guyman  +   85d ago
Fortunately, you're wrong because the killzone games on ps3 are actually great games and that can be backed up by their high average ratings on metacritic. Your "edit" comment is pathetic, it's so clear that you're a troll. Ha ha ha try harder next time.

Edit: fatal mistake - don't go forcing your opinion as if it's a fact, you make yourself look ridiculous
#4.2 (Edited 85d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
opproject  +   85d ago
i love killzone shadow fall, played the singleplayer like 20 times+, gtfo killzone is a GREAT FRANCHISE
iamnsuperman  +   85d ago
For me there isn't nothing wrong with the general gameplay part of Killzone games. It is the story they consistently mess up on (the most interesting being 3 Killzone 3 bar the ending). Crytek can make beautiful games with boring gameplay
#4.4 (Edited 85d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
telekeneticmantis  +   85d ago
Up to this point, I've yet to understand the hate for Guerilla. Outside of the Halo comparison, but Bungie is multiplat now, I think people can let it go.

Killzone games either help evolve the genre(I can prove this, but I'm heading to work), or help set a tone in shooters that is usually unmatched. The only problem with Killzone is questionable controls from 2&3, and not enough MP content. Now, if you're saying they have yet to recapture the feeling and atmosphere of Killzone 2, then I can agree with you , but then again who else has in an FPS.

And I think they are trying to evolve or even revolutionize the genre more this time. And, I don't care who doesn't want to give them the credit, I'll be voicing my application for them.

P.S. I like the story from 3(mostly the dialogue of the helghan council and their characters).
sin7279  +   85d ago
troll, guerrilla is far beter developer then crytek ever by!
Jaqen_Hghar  +   85d ago
Killzone 2 was great and VERY immersive especially with the option to turn the HUD off. A man is hoping they make another like that though Shadowfall's open environments were fun as well and the game has done well sales wise
masterfox  +   85d ago
hahaha you wish noobish noob hehe, crytek nailed with Crysis 1 and Warhead, but the sequels were boredoom. Killzone games look awesome and the gameplay is freaking great too, the only weak spot guerrilla has is on the story part, but everything else is freaking awesome, very few FPS games offers challenge and KZ offers that and is very welcome on this flooded noobish FPS of today(halos, COD, BF).

Did I mention Killzone Shadowfall looks freaking stunning and plays awesome too ? No I didn't :D, but know you know.
XtraTrstrL  +   85d ago
I don't think it's that the game series isn't great, it's a matter of preference in mechanics. I happen to not fully enjoy the feel of the actual gunning and maneuvering in the game, but I don't think it sucks though.
Baccra17  +   85d ago
Killzone 2 was awesome, like being in a war. Killzone 3 you are right on, but that's because they had to be like COD instead of Killzone to get those COD sales. Unlike crytek Killzone series do have a story, it's just GG doesn't want to use it like Halo doesn't like to use theirs.
RevXM  +   85d ago
KZ1 despite weird and real laggy controls was a great game for its time.

Kz2 is still my favourite shooter, solid, engaging, immersive and atmospheric!
Kz3 felt rushed but lots of fun to be had there also.

And Shadow fall is gettin shit, literally reviewers and crybabies were pulling salty opinions out of their asses for details and issues that are non existant.

SF story? Could have been handled better, but it was consistant unlike KZ3. acting and writing in Kz3 was all over the place.

Havent played KZ mercenaries yet, but the word is that it is GREAT also. so Im eager to play it. its just my economy isnt the best Atm so I haven't gotten around to play a lot of games outside of what is offered outside of PS+.
Xsilver  +   85d ago
"Unfortunately Guerrilla Games are like Crytek's games, good to look at but not that great. I hope their open world RPG game is better then their FPS's."

Yeah cry me a river everyone knows the only place Guerrilla Games fail is in the story department whereas their gameplay is awesome and realistic you feel the weight of the gun which affect's movement but if you prefer twitch shooters with guns light as a feather then KZ isn't for you plain and simple it isn't a bad game because of that and their MP is top notch
KZ gets allot of praise Shadowfall fell short but KZ2/3/mercenaries are highly praised for a reason

IGN:
"Every action you do in Killzone is immersive; the combat more intense and savage than other shooters." (8.5/10)

GamesRadar:
"Correcting seemingly every complaint critics had about Killzone 2, Killzone 3 is visually impressive, relentlessly entertaining and far more fun than we expected." (9/10)

Destructoid:
"Killzone 3 is as close to perfect as online shooters get, and I do not say that lightly." (10/10 - Editor's Choice)

But by reading your comment history you probably never played a KZ game but choose to attack anything Sony so everyone we wasted our time i don't play Halo but you never see me downplaying it because its on the console that i don't prefer :/ butttt that's not my business http://www.adweek.com/files...
Lulz_Boat  +   85d ago
Can't wait to see it.
#5 (Edited 85d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Rob_Ko  +   85d ago
please be at Gamescom, please be at Gamescom
telekeneticmantis  +   85d ago
Sony needs to make this happen. Between this, Splatoon, and Destiny(some people say "Evolve" idk, might need a beta to understand the quality), there is real reason to be excited about shooters, this gen.
Sadist3  +   85d ago
Haha. You guys get excited because an article talks about a game with animals and realistic movements? Are you people that desperate? What's going to excite you next? A game coming out with grass and realistic grass movement in the wind? Or how about ceiling fans with realistic spinning? Realistic wheels on bikes? Wasn't all you people making fun about Call of Duty's realistic fish AI, but happy for a game that has realistic animal movement...and you don't find that hypocritical. Wow...
#7 (Edited 85d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(15) | Report | Reply
AshleeEmerson  +   85d ago
Wow, got my fix of silly comment for the morning... Now ask yourself, do you really think they will be happy about your listings?

I'm sure you as a gamer can understand the hype around games in general. Let's be logical here.

Chillstep  +   84d ago
Do you realize that you're talking about an unannounced new IP? People are getting excited about this stuff because it gives an idea of what to expect of this UNANNOUNCED NEW IP.
#7.2 (Edited 84d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
dafegamer  +   84d ago
as your avatar said,"You mad"???
MonstaTruk  +   85d ago
Alright, GG. You've hired a movie director to fine-tune the storyline, you've shown art concepts that shown a futuristic-amazon setting with bright colors and big, brawly-@$$ dudes, good. And you mentioned in the past something about giant robotic dinosaurs, HELLO! Keep up the (seemingly) good work, and it would be nice to show a LITTLE something during TGS? :-/

Accurate animal movements are great. If there are vehicles, let's have that same devotion to accuracy (don't want another Watch Dogs)...
#8 (Edited 85d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Beklekle   85d ago | Spam
seriously, YES! animal moments in video games are always my favorite, like i really shouldn't be as excited as i am for this detail
XiSasukeUchiha  +   85d ago
Hell yeah, Guerilla games is going to make me so hyped!
paulogy  +   85d ago
Guerrilla Games making gorilla games. Please, let this be a thing :-)
GundalfDeGrej  +   85d ago
Once again Dualshockers take job requirements and use them to create headlines. Grade A journalism right there. Admittedly this could mean that the next game will have less industrial/urban levels and more nature.
#13 (Edited 85d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
harrisk954  +   85d ago
This Generation's Catchphrases:

"Cinematic Gameplay"(as opposed to QTEs)
"All in One" (not so much anymore)
"Greatness Awaits" (hopefully not waiting much longer)
"Animalistic Movement" (Klohe Kardashian?)

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars Sequel Set for Spring Release

13m ago - Chris Mawson writes: "Indie developer Psyonix has today unveiled its plans to launch a 2015 follo... | PS4

GamesBeat: Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth is wondrous, bewildering at the same time (review)

13m ago - You can make one discovery after another on an alien planet, but watch out for economic troubles... | PC

The DualShock 4 has become a pretty great PC controller

14m ago - "The DualShock 4 has one advantage that I didn't anticipate: The controller's built-in trackpad.... | PC

Civilization: Beyond Earth’s space setting let designers think outside the hex (interview)

14m ago - GamesBeat: "Civilization’s lead designers David McDonough and Will Miller reveal which games infl... | PC

Start Making Games for the PS4

D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die Review {Critically Sane}

24m ago - Critically Sane: "Nearly everything about D4 is done right, but it does flail a bit when one look... | Xbox One