Submitted by vishmarx 192d ago | news

Dragon Age: Inquisition Delayed to November 18th

Dragon Age: Inquisition has a new release date of November 18, 2014 in North America (November 21st in EU) (Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Alternative Sources
XiSasukeUchiha  +   192d ago
Cool more time is better!
vishmarx  +   192d ago
sonofaspambot....
well whatever october is way,way too packed.
mordor and lords of the fallen will be the two rpgs that month
cleft5  +   192d ago
Sucks about the delay, but I am glad they are getting out of the slaughter fest that is October. Still, if the delay gives them more time to polish the game than I am all for that.
TomShoe  +   192d ago
Not surprising, October is packed.

Smash Bros 3DS
Alien: Isolation
DriveClub
NBA2K15
Project Spark
Borderlands 1.5
The Evil Within
Evolve
Just Dance 2015
Fantasia: Music Evolved
Assassin's Creed Unity
Sunset Overdrive
WWE 2K15
Bayonetta 2

More than a few titles on this list have a chance to be swallowed up just out of sheer volume.
nirwanda  +   192d ago
Clearly EA don't understand how monthly pay system works in the UK.

I've never understood companies that release something that generally requires disposable income getting released 4 days before a pay day.
TheTowelBoy  +   192d ago
Lol it's EA I really really doubt they delayed it A FREAKING MONTH for polish/more content. They only delayed it to November because it's less crowded.
deafdani  +   192d ago
Call of Duty games usually release in November, as well as Battlefield games.

Yeah... doesn't sound like a good move to me. I mean, Dragon Age is big, but is it big enough to compete for the consumer's wallet in the same month as the most popular FPS's of the year?
ThePope  +   192d ago
Wouldn't you? Its not an EA thing, its just smart business.

@deaf

Call of Duty is a FPS which leans heavily on its MP. Dragon Age is a single player RPG, made by one of the best developers of all time. Yeah it'll be fine
#1.2.2 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report
Baka-akaB  +   192d ago
Uh ? The first dragon Age was released in November . Radically different big franchises and budgeted new ips usually do fine against CoD .
InTheLab  +   192d ago
@deafdani

I'm willing to bet CoD/BF and Dragon age are two different markets. There's those of us that buy annual crap, and those of us that don't...
cleft5  +   192d ago
Of course that is the reason they delayed it, but look at Rayman for WiiU. It was complete and delayed for months which benefited the game ultimately. The reason for this delay doesn't matter, what matter is that this additional time will be used to polish the game even more. Thats a good thing no matter how you look at it.
deafdani  +   192d ago
@ThePope: I know what Dragon Age is. I actually love the Mass Effect series (which is made by the same guys and plays similarly). I want to try Dragon Age.

That doesn't change the fact that Call of Duty and Battlefield are huge contenders for the customer's money when they come out. There's an overlap in these cases, even with games from different genres.
Dontworrybhappy  +   192d ago
MCC as well and I'm sure a shit ton of other games. I understand they are trying to get child Christmas audience but damn I buy games too, summer would be awesome!
#1.3 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
theXtReMe1  +   192d ago
Fine by me, as this is the kind of game I want to sink my teeth in over Christmas and New Year's. When I have a bunch of time to do it. It will be perfect timing, because it will be right after all of the September/ October game releases and a few months before The Witcher 3. Giving me a few months to get everything out of this title I can, before I do it all over again with The Witcher. Cant wait!
mikel1015  +   192d ago
It may be a small delay but I'm glad EA is spreading out their titles instead of blowing their load all in October with this and Hardline
Rickgrimes95  +   192d ago
It was bound to happen to at least one October game wouldn't be Suprised to see a couple more delayed sadly. But yeah I mean October 7th already has alien isolation and shadow of mordor so people we will be okay!
Meltic  +   192d ago
lol thank god. 60$ richer that month. October is smacked with good games coming. Next month is better.
#4 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
TM333  +   192d ago
I knew October release was too good to be true, but honestly, I'm kinda relieved. I personally need time to spread out releases. I'm really excited for this game though.
dcj0524  +   192d ago
Good.The more time the better when it comes to EA. Not too much time tho.
BillmadeAGate  +   192d ago
Couldn't take the heat huh ? They were probably scared of Shadow of Mordor ;)
Meltic  +   192d ago
Mordor is mine when its coming !
BillmadeAGate  +   192d ago
October 7th and its going to be AMAZING!!!
DevilishSix  +   192d ago
They moved out of the crowded October, but now it goes one on one with Far Cry 4. Also, Masterchief Collection releases the week before, maybe it needed a few more weeks of polish cause thats not a good move imo?
#8 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
cemelc  +   192d ago
Non of those games are in the same genre, ppl like me will pass on both shooters and get the RPG that month.
#8.1 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dontworrybhappy  +   192d ago
Alien Isolation is survival horror. Outlast was AWESOME so I'm HOPING it's good. My hearts been broken soo many times before. Lol replied to wrong comment. XD
#8.1.1 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
GusBricker  +   192d ago
Better to come out on a day with only one other game coming out, instead of 6+ lol
Dark11  +   192d ago
Worst year ever , every game i was looking forward to got delayed

F*** this.
DaleCooper  +   192d ago
Yep, Witcher 3, Batman: AK, and now DA: Inquisition. For awhile I had too many good games to choose from, now there's not enough!

I may just pick up Shadows of Mordor to get my October gaming fix. Unless that gets delayed too.
#9.1 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Truehellfire  +   192d ago
Yeah I am pretty bummed about this one. Really wanted to play it in October since I wasn't going to be purchasing any other game that month. I am really hoping Rockstar decides to release GTAV on PC in September/October, but I don't think that is going to happen.
desertpunk86  +   192d ago
if you are an old ass gamer you know for a fact that most games coming out on oct 7 will be delayed and there for will not be surprised for any delays even if it is a month before release.
Theyellowflash30  +   192d ago
Bayonetta 2 and Super Smash Bros for 3DS in October....so I wasn't going to buy this game anyways. I will buy it in November....2015.

It will be much cheaper then
Dlacy13g  +   192d ago
Moving to November will only help this game on the sales front given how crowded October is. I am quite happy as I think this game is going to bring Dragon Age back to being one of the premiere RPG's.
Ravenheartzero  +   192d ago
Good, too many games in October I want to play! Dragon age origins one of my favourite games of all time so really looking to inquisition, wanna play it when I break up from work for Christmas.
LAWSON72  +   192d ago
Well October got a little easier to pick what to get now that DAI was delayed as for BFH that game would need a serious overhaul for me to have any interest.

Oct 3rd SSB3DS
Oct 21st Evolve
Oct 28th... Tough choice maybe Lords of the Fallen or Sunset Overdrive
#14 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Dontworrybhappy  +   192d ago
Sunset Overdrive's coming October?! SSB, Sunset Overdrive for me! Fuck aaaand Evolve... I'm fucking broke! ;_; And Alien Isolation! No oot more games pleeeease! Too many!
#14.1 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Theyellowflash30  +   192d ago
Add Bayonetta 1 and 2 in there as well.
LAWSON72  +   192d ago
No date in October yet and I has no Wii U yet :(
#14.2.1 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Theyellowflash30  +   192d ago
Its still coming in October though. And its ok if you don't have a Wii U by then, just get one by November.. When Smash for Wii U launches.
GusBricker  +   192d ago
Glad it moved honestly. I was getting Alien: Isolation, Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition all on the same day. That's quite a nut shot to my wallet for 1 day.
xtremexx  +   192d ago
thats 2 games delayed in one day. sad times it is.
rebeljoe14  +   192d ago
Urgh "throw hands in the air and start cussing"
Relientk77  +   192d ago
Dammit :(
aLiEnViSiToR  +   192d ago
hmm is it just me or SOME people don't realize that after October comes November... lol have some patience it just 1 damn month geez

Its better that a lot of game are spread through out the year and not all games in short period of time, actually this move will benefit DA:I the most so yeah they delayed it cuz October was overloaded with games.
PiNkFaIrYbOi  +   192d ago
That sucks, delayed yet again.
x_RadicalAura_x  +   192d ago
I'll be picking up Shadow of Mordor and Alien: Isolation on Oct. 7th (this game's original scheduled release day), so good news for me. Two games in one day is already pushing it as it is, three is absurd.
#21 (Edited 192d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Revengeance  +   192d ago
Serious question. Is anyone really truly hyped for this? One of my friends is getting this game cuz he's a huge Dragon Age fan but it feels like the hype is not there. I would think there's more hype because it's a BioWare game.
King_of_Nothing  +   192d ago
Any other time in my gaming history, I would have been butthurt about a delay for a game I've been looking forward to. I have to admit, due to the ton of releases in October, I'm not bothered in the slightest. If anything, it's going to benefit the devs given less competition the following month

New ESO Armor: No More Orc Boob Windows

24m ago - Skyrim Fansite writes: "Screenshots of the new ESO armor for Orcs and Redguard. The Elder Scro... | PC

5 Games You (Probably) Won’t See in 2015

25m ago - Jordan says, "It’s a well-known fact: games get delayed. If you’ve paid any attention to the last... | PC

Dragon Ball Xenoverse: Hercule, Vegito, New Custom Character Gameplay

26m ago - New gameplay of Dragon Ball Xenoverse is here from the Game Party Japan event. | Xbox 360

(WGB) Sennheiser G4ME Zero Headset Review – Why Would You Call It That

38m ago - WGB: "Before we delve into this review proper let’s clear something up; G4me Zero is a stupid nam... | Tech

Check out the new Bloodborne Trailer

Now - Sony just released a new trailer of the upcoming PS4 exclusive by From Software and SCE Japan Studio. | Promoted post

Retro Corner: Dungeon Keeper

1h ago - Another instalment of VGamerZ's Retro Corner. Featured this time is the classic PC strategy game... | PC