Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by nikgeo80 497d ago | article

PS4's August line up

Summer game drought?PS4 doesn't have games?Well PS4 owners prepare your wallets in August because games like Diablo 3,Minecraft,Madden NFL 15,Infamous:First Light are coming.Of course if your budget is tight titles like The Swapper,Plants vs Zombies:Gardem Warfare,Hohokum and Minecraft will be there waiting for your money.Needless to say August PS4 line is impressive take a look at all the titles with the releases dates. (Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition, Hohokum, inFAMOUS: First Light, Jet Car Stunts, Madden NFL 15, Metro Redux, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, PS4, Road Not Taken, The Swapper)

RichardDawkins  +   497d ago
Infamous First Light and Metro Redux for me.
Magicite  +   497d ago
Until Destiny arrives, this will be sufficient to build up the momentum.
And then in the fall, lots of big hitters will start coming.
I think PS4 should easily close this year with 15m units(total)sold or more.
guitarded77  +   497d ago
Destiny is gonna be so sick. Played the Alpha, now the Beta. It has the potential to be one of the best shooters ever.

August looks good for me. More inFAMOUS, Plants Vs Zombies (been waiting), Diablo III (been waiting) and Hohokum may be interesting.
wonderfulmonkeyman  +   492d ago
I do want Destiny, but I'm waiting for a pc version, or for Sony to announce that they're not charging for online multiplayer anymore.
If Sony does that,I might get a ps4 earlier than I'm currently planning to.
#1.1.2 (Edited 492d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
telekineticmantis  +   497d ago
Uuuuuummmm Jet Car Stunts! Why didnt anyone tell me about this game?! This has the ultimate track design ive always wanted out of Mod Nation Racers, but not as much quality , its just a pity its not a racer, my friends and i would have a ball with this. Either way, im still investing my money in this, and recommending it to my friends, Mario Kart is fun, but a bit tired at this point. ican bet anything it(JCST) will be fun!
MysticStrummer  +   497d ago
This one YouTuber keeps implying that he has inside info about the Planetside 2 beta starting in August. If I see any confirmation of that I'll be buying a PS4 for that beta. Otherwise I'll wait for Destiny. I'll probably pick up Metro Redux later though. I'm torn on Diablo 3 since I've played it so much on PS3. It is a great game though.
#1.3 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
G20WLY  +   497d ago
Think of it this way; Diablo 3 is PERFECT Vita remote-play-before bed gaming!
MysticStrummer  +   497d ago
True, but I'd be more likely to get a PSTV and play on a TV in the bedroom.
3-4-5  +   497d ago
Solid list of games really.
showtimefolks  +   497d ago
My games that i will be buying for rest of 2014:

infamous first light
metro redux
drive club
dragon age
Middle earth
farcry 4

and people are saying ps4/xbox one has no games, these have been the best consoles software wise within first year of new consoles
GribbleGrunger  +   497d ago
That's one hell of a line up. I can see the PS4 selling VERY well in August.
MightyNoX  +   497d ago
No kidding - PvZ, Diablo 3 and the juggernaut Minecraft?

Hohokum (aka Larry Hrybs nemesis) deserves a mention as well.
GribbleGrunger  +   497d ago
Swapper (no boost)
Road Not Taken (no boost)
HoHokum (tiny boost)
Diablo (decent boost)
Plant V Zombies (decent boost)
Infamous: Second Light (decent boost)
Madden (decent boost)
Metro Redux (decent boost)
Minecraft (big boost)
Jet Car Stunts (no boost)

Perhaps around 350k NPD.
#2.1.1 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(27) | Report
uth11  +   497d ago
Minecraft is already on just about every other platform by now, do you really think it will give the PS4 a big boost?
MightyNoX  +   497d ago
@uth: Couldn't the same be said about Watchdogs? It was released on every system and how'd that work out? (Hint: watchdogs gave ps4 a big boost and the number of copies outsold the 360 which outsold the Bone.)

@Gribs: A bit too high a number. I'd reckon somewhere around 280k~300k.

400k should be left for when the white PS4 Destiny drops. That SKU will wipe the floor with the competition.
GribbleGrunger  +   497d ago
@uth11: It depends on how it's advertised.

@MightyNox: I think August is a 5 week month (in terms of NPD).

If not then I'll go for around 300k. TLOUR should take some momentum into August too.
#2.1.4 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report
uth11  +   497d ago
Watchdogs was released on every platform the same day.

Minecraft has been out on almost everything else but PS4. I mean I'm sure the game will sell well on PS4, I'm just not sure it will move a lot of systems on its own. And it's not particularly graphically impressive, so I don't think people will upgrade for better graphics.
a08andan  +   497d ago
I am tempted by PvZ and Metro Redux, but I'm buying TLOU so I'm gonna wait for reviews for those! I will probably end up buying Minecraft and then play it like once lulz :)
johndoe11211  +   497d ago
The gap ain't closing.
CaptainObvious878  +   497d ago
It will be nice when this nonsense about the PS4 having no games deceases.

Can't wait for diablo.
#3 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(24) | Disagree(15) | Report | Reply
Muzikguy  +   497d ago
I doubt it will ever go away. People have to complain about something
calis  +   497d ago
it will go. The PS3 went through the same phase early on as well.
zsquaresoff  +   497d ago
It's not the people who complain, it's the X~Bots who complain.

Gotta justify that xbone purchase somehow. Especially the 500$ one.
marlinfan10  +   497d ago
by the end of this year/early next year i don't think anyones gonna be talking about lack of games for either console. theres gonna be too much out to even worry about it lol

your comments are just as bad, if not worse than most "xbot" comments so i don't think youve got much room to talk.
#3.1.3 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(12) | Report
edonus   497d ago | Spam
Spotie  +   497d ago
It never will. It has more games than the XB1 even now, but fans of that console just can't seem to help themselves.

My system will start with a backlog when I pick up the Destiny bundle.
CaptainObvious878  +   497d ago
I find it very amusing when people claim this site is run by sony fanboys.

When I look at the facts...

And I look at my ration of disagrees to agrees for my previous I can only conclude there's plenty of both fans.
#3.4 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
XiSasukeUchiha  +   497d ago
Yep this lineup I see a bright future with PS4:)
skydragoonity  +   497d ago
Awesome list. My ps4 is ready. Looking forward to 1st light
#5 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Omar91  +   497d ago
ehhh, Ill stick to TLOU for now until Destiny.
Heisenburger  +   497d ago
For me it'll be TLoU(yay), Minecraft(finally), Destiny, then Inquisition for me this year. I'll probably pepper in some more of the smaller titles too. By the time Batman/Witcher comes out I'll already be starting a backlog with games such as Shadow of Mordor, Evolve, Far Cry 4 which all look great.
Omegasyde  +   497d ago
Be careful on buying EA games.
imt558  +   497d ago
Metro, Diablo III, PvZ : GW, Road Not Taken and The Swapper for me in August.
#7 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
captain_slow82  +   497d ago
busy month for me im getting
diablo 3
plants vs zombies
infamous first light
metro redux
the last of us remastered (1st august for uk)

man my wallet will be in tears next month lol
Jubez187  +   497d ago
I wanna try to get into Diablo, but I feel like I'll just write it off as a poor man's MMO and get back on FFXIV
MasterCornholio  +   497d ago
Usually August is pretty dry but in the PS4s case there's plenty to play.
GundalfDeGrej  +   497d ago
Man, that's a lot of re-releases. Nothing that really interests me personally even though the games themselves aren't bad.
maximus1985  +   497d ago
i completely agree. i dont get why so many people dont see this.
Artista  +   497d ago
A little light on first-party content but there's plenty of third party support plus indies games there's a lot to play.

If I had a ps4 I'd get first light.. In august.
#12 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
hairy  +   497d ago
Diablo's happening, and I'm excited :)
illminded32  +   497d ago
Pretty nice lineup for just august alone.
I'm interested in the swapper,road not taken,diablo 3,hokokum.
Must buys for me will be infamous:the first light,Pvz,metro redux,the last of us remastered.
D3ATH_DRIV3R_777  +   497d ago
Well this sux! i'll be missing out on these due to money issues! :-(
jcnba28  +   497d ago
TLoU and Metro for me, pretty dry month to be honest but it is still summer.
MeliMel  +   497d ago
Preordered Diablo, Metro Redux and Dragon Age(not aug release, just saying) for PS4 yesterday. And I got the Last of Us coming very soon.

Since I bought my PS4 its been getting quite the workout and taking my $$$. Well worth it tho.
Qwagy UK  +   497d ago
Last of us and oddworld new and tasty for me
Predaking77  +   497d ago
Can't wait for September and get Destiny. I will pass on call of duty this year. Destiny is the game to be.
CuddlyREDRUM  +   497d ago
This is actually good to see.
BX81  +   497d ago
For those of you who only have a ps4, I recommend giving plants vs. zombies a shot. It's a fun game and is supported well by the devs. Also the online community isn't as annoying as some of the others. Also if you have played diablo III, it's an excellent game as well. I'll be picking up Diablo again ( all ready have plants vs zombies) for the dlc.
BLKxSEPTEMBER  +   497d ago
maybe ill pickup diablo but outside of that it looks like my ps4 will remain collecting dust. i didn't spend 400$ to play indies, that's what steam is for.
SpinalRemains138  +   497d ago
I dig my PS4, and look forward to the coming games, but this list isn't doing it for me. Indies, ports and a DLC.

There isn't one exclusive game or new game on the list. August is usually slow so I'm cool with that.

I'm waiting for Destiny especially.
Omegasyde  +   497d ago
Its still summer, almost no blockbusters are released in Summer.
MetalGearCrash   497d ago | Spam
Flames76  +   497d ago
Mine craft is already on every other platform along with madden and diablo 3.Plants vs zombies been playing that on the xbox one since febuary damn PS4 is a little late with this one.Doubt it will sell many on the PS4.Looks like still no new exclusive's for the PS4 wow
#24 (Edited 497d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Omegasyde  +   497d ago
what new exclusives are releasing in August for Xbox 1?

Please do tell.
rawz  +   496d ago
You've been playing inFamous for how long? Oh wait, you will never get to play it...

E: Well I checked your comment history.. pretty much explains your butthurt comment.

Had to include this one for lulz:

Flames76 + 14h ago
"Yet nothing on the PS4 has come close to ryse.Anyway just another point i said was proven.About 90% of playstation fans are childish.Another reason ive been with the xbox brand since 2001.Its just a more mature brand and gamers"

If Xbox is the mature one, you are definetly with the wrong brand.
#24.2 (Edited 496d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
LightDiego  +   496d ago
Interesting games, indeed.
If you never played, try The Swapper, this game is awesome, a great surprise last year. I think i will finally play Minecraft, must be the only one who never played. :3
Bennibop  +   496d ago
Looking forward to playing the definitive version of PvsZ: GW at 1080p 60fps, best game on X1 in my opinion atm.
Evil-Gouki  +   496d ago
Expensive month, The last of Us hits 1st here in uk followed by Ultimate Evil then Pvs.Z, though I'll trade my X1 version to get a little discount. Then a month later I completely lose my social to Destiny. Anyone know what titles are heading to the instant games collection in August? And (don't shoot me) Games for Gold?
#27 (Edited 496d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Action Puzzle Town – Casual game soft-launches in selected countries

17m ago - Com2uS, the company behind global sensation mobile RPG Summoners War, has today soft-launched its... | iPhone

Review - Minecraft Story Mode: Episode 3

18m ago - TellTale Games recently released the latest chapter of their Story Mode for Minecraft, and improv... | PC

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

A Wolf in Autumn: Finely Built Nightmare & Dreamscape

19m ago - Bryan takes a look at David Szymanski’s latest short horror game A Wolf in Autumn and finds it th... | PC

Westwood Studios to Receive Industry Icon Award at The Game Awards 2015

17h ago - Host Geoff Keighley just announced that the defunct Westwood Studios will receive the “Industry I... | Retro

Yokai Watch Dance Gets Two New Japanese Commercials

18h ago - Level-5 has released two new commercials showing off the game’s colorful and adorable gameplay. | Wii U