Submitted by Abriael 449d ago | news

Grand Theft Auto V for PS4 Marked “Free” on PSN Store by Mistake

Looks like Electronic Arts isn’t the only one making pricing mistakes today. Sony Computer Entertainment put Grand Theft Auto V on the North American PS4 PSN store marking it as “free.” (Grand Theft Auto V, PS4)

Alternative Sources
GeofferyPeterson  +   449d ago
Do you think if you bought it while it said "free" they would honor it?
Abriael  +   449d ago
Nope, mostly 'cause you can't.

If you could, the PSN is known for honoring purchases made due to mistakes.
badboyz09  +   448d ago
Who every wants the games already has it. This would just take up HDD space. Not like you can sell it.
Angeljuice  +   448d ago

I wanted the game very much but decided to wait for the PS4 version (I thought it would be available earlier mind you). I still haven't played the game as I want a fresh experience when I do.
Pixel_Enemy  +   448d ago
Angeljuice cool story bro
levian  +   448d ago
Yea I never bothered getting it because I had other stuff to play at the time. Now I have a PS4 and will probably end up getting it
user1439414  +   449d ago | Funny
This is a prime example of just how good value PS+ is giving away GTA V on PS4.
TRD4L1fe  +   449d ago
some of you one bubble guys amaze me with your comments
Pro Racer  +   448d ago
Lol good one MrTehDiNGO
SilentNegotiator  +   448d ago
I can never tell if your trolling is intentional or not.

Sigh...back in the "open zone" days, there were so many brilliant intentional trolls.
#1.2.3 (Edited 448d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report
Eamon  +   448d ago
Haha, I remember the Open Zone.

Those were the days where if you were bored and in need of entertainment, just take a gander at the Open Zone.
XiSasukeUchiha  +   448d ago
This would be the best value on PS+, Sony if you make this happens gamer's mouths will drop!
#1.3 (Edited 448d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
joab777  +   448d ago
I tried and it wouldnt let u. Saw it earlier and I was like damn...this sure beats games for gold.
SuperBlur  +   448d ago
its the video that is free tho

all video trailers on psn are labelled as free
ZombieKiller  +   448d ago
Get it while it's hot! Haha

As much as I am against preordering digitally (come on, will they run out of copies or something?!)I am buying this one digital
a.) So I don't have to get my lazy ass off the couch to pop in the disc to my most played game

-and I'm preordering it because I'm so damn excited for it, I wanna stare at the sale.

Lol, I know you guys probably will disagree, but looking past the glitches, looking past R* and the greed/want for money GTA V, to me, is the best GTA so far. I have a crew of 18 that love to play online everyday, and since we are a fairly close crew with some mature gamers, we really enjoy not only each others "in-game" company, but also the crazy awesome world that is ever changing, and filled with so much already. I hope they keep updating this game for the next 5 years as I will be playing it for that long! Glad to see a PS4 version coming!
Eddie20101  +   448d ago
You can't buy it or preorder it on PSN yet. The free is referring to the the preview video of the game.
user7402931  +   449d ago
SteamPowered  +   449d ago
Such a tease...
Codewow  +   449d ago
Surprised the burst of word of mouth didn't cause the PSN servers to explode in a fiery glory from people trying to get it free.
04STIBluByU  +   449d ago
I tried already this morning, it came up with an error message, I was like dang it.
jnemesh  +   449d ago
Isn't there supposed to be some sort of "upgrade pricing" for those that bought GTA V digitally on PS3? I seem to remember hearing something like that when the game was first announced on PS4, but haven't heard anything about it since...
KwietStorm  +   449d ago
Haven't read anything about that, and I wouldn't expect it either.
#6.1 (Edited 449d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Rock-Lee  +   449d ago
Then you heard wrong. Neither Sony or Rockstar have announced a release date, a price point or an upgrade option.

This game will come out for $59.99 and I will buy it day one! I'll import my Xbox 360 progress and continue wrecking havoc online on PS4!
SonyWarrior  +   448d ago
yea its going to be worth the $60 price look at the population increase so much more traffic just like in real life LA.. Plus upgraded textures resolution smooth game play... fast load times. The list goes on
SuperBlunt  +   449d ago
I thought it was funny. Kinda cruel but funny
ThePope  +   449d ago
You know when EA accidently was charging for demos (which anyone who didn't know it was an accident is absolutely stupid) on the X1 this site when absolutely bonkers, calling EA and MS evil, uncaring, thieves.

Now it happens on the PS4 and instead of claiming bait and switch, and that Sony is misleading its consumers. Its all fun and games.

I mention it to point out the hypocrisy of the people on this site.

OT: I would love a game everyone knows is going to be $60 for free.

@below Up in arms that they said something was free and then changed it. How dare they!!

Someone accidently priced a demo, which we all know are free, and people act like it was done on purpose. You sir are the perfect example of the hypocrisy I'm referring to as both were CLEARLY mistakes.
#8 (Edited 449d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
dboyc310  +   449d ago
One is charging and the other one is giving away for free. Why on earth will people be up and arms about that. It's common sense that it was an error where as in MS and EA's case the price for the demo was coincidently 5.00$
Eonjay  +   449d ago
The EA error they were referring to today was charging $300.00 for BF4 DLC on Xbox Live. Later it was lowered to $200.00. So I think you can understand the different reactions.
#8.2 (Edited 449d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
LordMaim  +   449d ago
Well that's a trolling bubble.
TRD4L1fe  +   449d ago
the hypocrisy will continue this entire gen
SilentNegotiator  +   448d ago
Oh please, 99% of the comments were aimed at EA, not Microsoft. What a pathetic, desperate attempt at a "teh hypocrizyz!!" call out.
#8.5 (Edited 448d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
BitbyDeath  +   449d ago
Would make for an excellent PS+ title.
Angeljuice  +   448d ago
Lol @ disagrees, it's not even an opinion, it WOULD make a great free PS+ title. The only people who could possibly disagree would be R* and jealous/bitter Xbox One owners.

It would also make a great free game on gold btw.
#9.1 (Edited 448d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
mediate-this  +   448d ago
Gtav will out sell tlour just counting ps4 sales. Im rebuying gtav, i dont know the big deal about tlou, i played it and it did not capture me, seemed over-rated and i stopped playing it. Well im rebuying it for ps4, so ill give it a second try.
Bathyj  +   448d ago
Too many 1's and 0's floating around on the internet. Every now and then they crash into each other and things like this happen.
GeofferyPeterson  +   448d ago
Agreed, they need to add 2, 3, and 4 into the mix.
Bathyj  +   448d ago
Thats crazy talk.
SilentNegotiator  +   448d ago
Don't blame the 1's and 0's. It was probably some drooling intern.
FayZ_  +   448d ago
psn - where mistakes are always made.

zeeman  +   448d ago
I will be getting this for PS4 and most likely digital. I need to sell off my ps3 version though.
uth11  +   448d ago
I saw this when I logged into the store.

In my mind I decided they couldn't be referring to the game, they must mean that watching the trailer is free :)
tweet75  +   448d ago
sony never did say they will be charging for it

Complete list of DLC packs listed for the Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance Season Pass

54m ago - A complete list of DLC packs being included in the Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance Season Pass h... | PS4

A look at the PDP Afterglow LVL 3 Wired PS4 and Xbox One Game Headset

54m ago - Images and details for the upcoming PDP Afterglow LVL 3 Wired PS4 and Xbox One Game Headset. | PS4

Check What Wii U and 3DS Titles are Coming Out in October

Now - Nintendo has a handful of interesting titles on offer across Wii U and 3DS systems for the orange-tinged month of October. Here's some hot picks th... | Promoted post

Ruins of the Gods update arriving next week for Cabal 2

55m ago - ESTsoft, Inc. has announced that the new major content update for the fantasy MMO Cabal 2, Ruins... | PC

Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure Puts Crude Comedy Back In Adventure Games

1h ago - One Angry Gamer "Remember back in the 1990s there was a lot slapstick, borderline adult humor in... | PC

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection review for PS4 | Gaming Age

1h ago - GA: The Uncharted series is one of the most in depth adventures to ever grace the PlayStation 3.... | PS4