Submitted by Abriael 381d ago | screenshot

Battlefield: Hardline Beta PS4 vs PC Screenshot Comparison: Not the Prettiest Princess at the Ball

The Battlefield: Hardline beta is available on both PC and PS4, but how do the two version stack against each other in visual fidelity? DualShockers set out to answer that question with a screenshot comparison. (Battlefield: Hardline, PC, PS4)

Anon1974  +   381d ago
The game itself looks pretty generic, but yeah...from these screenshots I'm not seeing any difference. Even when they pointed out differences in their blurb at the end, I don't see it. I blew up a few of these and flipped back and forth. Maybe the PS4's shadows are a bit softer?

At any rate, this game doesn't interest me at this point. I'd much rather spend that money on 3-4 well made indie titles then spend $70 cdn on "Generic AAA Shooter X!"
#1 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(26) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Vegamyster  +   381d ago
The only screenshots with a large difference that i saw is the first one, the others it was some slightly lower textures and aliasing.
#1.1 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
sephiroth420  +   381d ago
maybe the one with the tree in there aswell, i saw a slight difference in the leaves, both look pretty poor for a new game.
Utalkin2me  +   380d ago
Well it looks like the textures wasn't fully loaded in the first pic on the PS4. The PS4 version looks better in the 2nd pick. If you look at the garage doors and the hand and drum clip on the gun and the gun looks a little more refined. But other then that they are pretty spot on.
#1.1.2 (Edited 380d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report
guitarded77  +   380d ago
The differences were subtle... nothing that will affect the experience. I played on PS4, and was underwhelmed with the visuals... I know it's BETA, but it wasn't very pretty. The Destiny Alpha was better looking. But Hardline played good, and the new vehicles were refreshing. The map was good too.
Freedomland  +   380d ago
You will find differences here and there with a keen eye, but nothing much to talk about.
frostypants  +   381d ago
Steering wheel on the car for PC has more detailed texture. That's about it.

That said the whole thing looks kind of meh. I still think it's ridiculous that this is being marketed as a standalone Battlefield game.
shivvy24  +   380d ago
Yep it was the car internal that was more detailed, shadows were softer on ps4 but that's it, no MAJOR difference.
Utalkin2me  +   380d ago
Don't think the textures was loaded all the way.
3-4-5  +   381d ago
It's like BF4/BF3 but more generic kind of.

It play like BF4 + GTA Cars = ehhhh I'll stick with BF4 for now.
elhebbo16  +   380d ago
The textures are clearly better on PC, you would have to be blind to not see that.
Anon1974  +   380d ago
Yeah, apparently I'm blind because the differences are so slight it's not even noticeable to me. I even went back after you posted this and had another look because I thought I might have honestly missed something but the differences are so slight it's almost imperceptible.
elhebbo16  +   380d ago
@dark if you are telling me you couldn't notice the obvious difference on the police car dashboard and wheel you probably need to get your eyes checked.

#1.4.2 (Edited 380d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report
Anon1974  +   380d ago
Ah. I didn't notice at all. You're right. It looks like the texture on the steering wheel is tiled differently and the instrument panel is a touch sharper on the PC. Thanks for pointing that out! Personally, I've never understood these comparisons. Just pissing contests for fanboys for the most part. I mean, if the differences are so slight you have to pause the game on focus on one particular piece of geometry to notice any difference at all, it's it just nitpicking at that point?

How many 360/PS3 comparisons did we have to suffer through where someone claimed "Look! In the top right corner, the shadow on that rock beside the fence is a little blurry! Inferior!".

I'm not saying there aren't differences between the versions, I'm just saying for most people they wouldn't even be noticeable. I didn't look at each of the images the first time through, but only grabbed a couple of the others. Forgive me for missing the texture differences on the dash.
OwnageDC650  +   380d ago
Using my 1440p monitor, from the first picture, I noticed slightly better lighting, better textures, better AA and extra details in the PC version. It's not a big difference altogether though and the game looks generic.
#1.5 (Edited 380d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
elhebbo16  +   380d ago
how much AA do you use? I imagine for a 1440p you wouldn't need much if any at all because of the pixel density.
system22  +   380d ago
i see some pretty big differences in aliasing and texture clarity.... then again its not final release so maybe they're just keeping the packaging small.
#1.6 (Edited 380d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Anon1974  +   380d ago
Really? Those are "big differences"?

Alright then. If you say so. Clearly what I view as minor and almost unnoticeable differences are stabbing someone else in the eye. To each his own.
#1.6.1 (Edited 380d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
younglj01  +   381d ago
I can't tell the difference but I'm sure someone will give us the facts..
Priestwithgun  +   381d ago
And yet it requires a better pc to run(than bf4), I dont get it
AgentSmithPS4  +   381d ago
Give it at least half a year after release and maybe it will run better ;).
shivvy24  +   380d ago
Boom!
elhebbo16  +   380d ago
No it doesn't, With BF4 I had around 70 frames on ultra with my 760, with this one its around 60-65 on ultra. The game is still being tuned so its to be expected.
Neixus  +   380d ago
It's a Beta, the textures and graphics are downgraded to keep the file size small :)
Priestwithgun  +   380d ago
Intelligent!!
hemmo1986  +   381d ago
Meh, looks like BF4 with a new skin. I'll pass thanks
MCTJim  +   381d ago
I'm just not seeing it. They look exactly the same.

edit, they are charging full price for this? Are you kidding? Wow..just wow
#5 (Edited 381d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
mcstorm  +   380d ago
I think BF4 looks better imo. Be interesting to see how this game sells after the mess EA made with BF4
ocelot07  +   380d ago
To be honest the graphics on hardline don't look as good as BF4 in my opinion. But since it is only a beta. You never know they could get better.

Not played the beta on PS4. But I do have the PC beta at max settings at 1080p.

Will be getting the PS4 version once released as all my friends are on PS4. Going by them screen not much difference between the 2. PC version does have better shadows though.
shivvy24  +   380d ago
I wonder if the campaign will be any good ? I want to see more of that.
Neixus  +   380d ago
Campaign will probably be really good, considering Visceral Games made Dead Space
Phoenix76  +   380d ago
Personally I found the texture and models rather bland on the ps4. The gun I was using looked more like a plastic toy rifle, the cop cars were like they came from a ps2 game, and the char models were terrible.
mmc-007  +   380d ago
copy/past?
F4sterTh4nFTL  +   380d ago
Developers don't know the meaning of Ultra anymore.
AD705  +   380d ago
This game in general is just unimpressive. It does nothing new. I don't like to hate on a game for graphics but this game looks like a supped up PS2 game with the shiny graphic look from halo 3.
Hanuman  +   380d ago
If true it is a damn shame!
spence52490  +   380d ago
Bring us back to WW2 or Vietnam.
ElmoCooksGlass  +   380d ago
i think the ps4 is better then a 2000$ computer if u can get the same graphics out of it as a pc whick is somehow ''Master Race'' i have not seen 1 pc game that looks better then consoles and i have a good computer and ive played crysis 3 Metro Last Light bf4 pc is not really all that good
iistuii  +   380d ago
Are you seriously going to tell me you can't tell the difference from B4 ultra settings on PC running at 1080p/60fps to the upscaled jaggie PS4 version, c'mon, I've got & enjoy my PS4 but also have a gaming rig & can tell when a game has better textures, lighting, aliasing & framerate.
hduce  +   380d ago
I have the beta for both the PC and PS4 and you have to see the game in motion. The PC is clearly the better looking version with better AA and a higher native resolution. The difference between the beta on PC and PS4 is the same as the difference between the versions of Battlefield 4 to me.
CaptCalvin  +   380d ago
Why don't people get it? You don't buy a PC just to play games; you buy a PC because you NEED one. And if you invest a couple of hundreds of dollars more in a PC that you need anyway you get a PC that happens to play a ton of games very well.
tee_bag242  +   380d ago
Games can look comparable from a gaming PC to console. That's about it. I've seen nothing on the consoles yet that look and feel close to Metro, BF4, Crysis 3, Skyrim EBN running on Maxed settings at 60+ fps. Not to mention all the last gen classics like L4D2, Farcry 3, Sleeping Dogs, Samurai Warrior, Serious Sam 3, Saints row 4 etc. The only way to play these games in all their glory is on a PC.
Most of the new fen console games that look good sadly run at a miserable 30fps.
#15.3 (Edited 380d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SoCalledMe  +   380d ago
They stated wrong platforms on these 2 : http://cdn2.dualshockers.co... http://cdn.dualshockers.com... look at gun , tires and garage door
mokkeyrg2  +   380d ago
ps4 looks better there
mokkeyrg2  +   380d ago
looks the same.
mogwaii  +   380d ago
Shit game, who cares.
Harmonizer  +   380d ago
It's an early build. Obviously they aren't showing the full package of effects, which would destabilize the build. A good example would be the BF 3 alpha which looked ass in the first few builds
Saryk  +   380d ago
it’s still a beta, so there’s plenty time for Visceral to improve things on both platforms. We’ll have to wait and see what the release version will bring for a more precise comparison.

Copied and pasted!
#20 (Edited 380d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Xtremist  +   380d ago
So far the PS4 version is the 99% of the pc version on ultra settings. Something that was expected as developers unlock more of the PS4's hardware capabilities.
#21 (Edited 380d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Npugz7  +   380d ago
I prefer BF4 over this!!!!

Catching the creepy crawlies! The best bug catching in video games

22m ago - Do you like catching bugs? That's weird. But if so, these games are perfect for you. | Nintendo DS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Cannot Move Away from the Turn-Based Combat

26m ago - Contrary to popular belief among folks who have not played the original Final Fantasy VII, the ga... | PS4

A Light Discussion: An Interview with Ben Archer

Now - Ben Archer, VP of Bishop Games, discusses the start of their studio, the story of Light Fall, inspirations, and their plans for release. | Promoted post

Blow In My Cartridge - MotoGP 15 PlayStation 4 Review

31m ago - It’d be easy to dismiss MotoGP 15 as yet another annual release with nothing to set it apart from... | PS4

Mutually Abusive Relationships: Gamers And The People Who Charge For Games

44m ago - Some say it all started with the horse armor. When Bethesda SoftWorks released The Elder Scrol... | PC

Arkane Highlights How Emily And Corvo Influence Dishonored 2 Story

53m ago - "Talking in an interview with Mashable, here’s what Co-Director Harvey Smith had to offer about t... | PC