Submitted by KendrickLamar 138d ago | opinion piece

Will Bethesda unveil Fallout 4 or Doom 4 at E3?

TheFuseJoplin: "Bethesda, the developers of Doom and Fallout series, usually come to game events without leaking any information about what they are going to unveil." (Bethesda, Doom 4, Fallout 4, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Hellsvacancy  +   138d ago
I'm going with Doom, Wolfenstein comes with the beta access so a Doom 4 reveal can't be too far away
#1 (Edited 138d ago ) | Agree(25) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Sloth-Eater  +   138d ago
Could be another dishonoured.
KinjoTakemura  +   138d ago
@Hellsvacancy

That makes sense, but we all can still hope for Fallout 4.
Hellsvacancy  +   138d ago
I'd LOVE for it to be Fallout 4, can't wait for that game
Back-to-Back  +   137d ago
I hope F4 is announced at e3. If its not announced at e3 I would guarantee it will be at the spike Game awards just like Skyrim was.
claud3  +   138d ago
nope neither and do not expect them after E3 or even this year
SpideySpeakz  +   138d ago
Oh look, another insider.
jay2  +   138d ago
Wolfenstein comes with a DOOM beta, so i'm going to say the next DOOM (that'll just be called DOOM, not 4 etc).
#3 (Edited 138d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   138d ago
I doubt we'll see either. I will hope and pray for Fallout 4 though.
LAWSON72  +   138d ago
I want Fallout 4 so it will be DOOM. This is iD softwares game so hopefully Betheseda game studios is making Fallout 4 even if it is not getting announced anytime soon. Todd Howard says he got a game he is excited to show. Why would it be an iD game when he works for Betheseda game studios (not to be confused with Betheseda softworks)?
#5 (Edited 138d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
psman012  +   138d ago
It's amazing how often people mix up Bethesda Game Studios and Bethesda Softworks. One is a developer, one is a publisher. Both owned by Zenimax I believe though? Not positive on that one. I pray to god that iD is doing Doom so BGS can do Fallout 4. As far as I know, BGS has nothing to do with Doom.
incendy35  +   138d ago
Hopefully both!
Eyesoftheraven  +   138d ago
I hope it's Doom, but I also hope it's a new Fallout. Either one is bound to blow our socks into oblivion. Speaking of which, as an aside, I hope we see a new Elder Scrolls, too. Just hope they iron out the strange performance and visual quirks of id tech 5 for Doom. Ugh, this generation is going to ruin my productive, social and financial life.
#7 (Edited 138d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Soldierone  +   138d ago
So excited for Doom. It has to be announced soon, I highly doubt they will make Wolfenstein buyers way over a year to even see it. You have to build off the success Wolfenstein got, not let it slip.
StrawberryDiesel420  +   138d ago
Plus Wolfestein came with Doom 4 Beta
Dudebro90  +   138d ago
With quake con not being too far away, we could see a teaser then a full blowout for Doom.
StrawberryDiesel420  +   138d ago
I would love to see some Doom 4 on PS4
InTheZoneAC  +   138d ago
DILLIGAD ABOUT DOOM?

Give me Fallout
Geekman  +   138d ago
Doom. Though it's very close.
DoggyBiscuit  +   138d ago
Give us Doom Fallout could wait
Aleithian  +   138d ago
What if they give us Fallout 4: Doom?
DevilishSix  +   138d ago
I dont expect Id to be around much longer. Many of the guys that made them great are gone like Romero, J Carmack, A Carmack, etc, etc. Also you cant spend 5 years to make a game and only sell a couple million units. Its sad but I think Id's better days maybe behind them. As far as Doom 4 goes its been years in development hell, which included a complete restart. I dont expect a whole lot from Doom 4.
#14 (Edited 138d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Soldierone  +   138d ago
They make their money from the id engine and helping build other engines. Just like Epic.
deadfrag  +   138d ago
Neither!
Aleithian  +   138d ago
I'm very tempted to say Fallout 4, but there's a persuasive argument that Bethesda has never unveiled a FO or ES game at E3 (they always announce before E3 at some other venue, then at most give a big further presentation at E3 - see r/Fallout). So my position is that I'm all-in on a Bethesda FO4 announcement this year, but I'm only willing to buy in a bit on E3.
FlyingFoxy  +   138d ago
Doom 4 would be interesting, i'm actually looking forward to it.. hoping it won't be a disappointment.

Really needs to be more like the originals with open levels, give me a reason to upgrade my whole PC! Great new games can't be far away now, what with Unreal Engine 4 and Source 2 long been in development.
Reddzfoxx  +   138d ago
Fallout wont be until late 2016/early 2017 and its highly likely going to be based off the ESO model for next gens and maybe PC. Once they have completed working on potential ESO console versions they will have their base for the engine to slap together fallout and give a shot at a MMORPG style adventure.

How they will work out a fallout game that is typically geared to single player and expand it to a massively online game I dont know. But for sure since console companies are providing servers they will take a chance.
deadfrag  +   138d ago
ESO is a great fail and did not achieve what Bethesda was hoping for in terms of revenue;thats the reason the game is already selling in lots of places with 50% or more cut on the price,with this what i want to tell you is that dont expect to see a Fallout MMORPG or kind off any time soon IF EVER!I frankly hope not seeing it since nothing can beat a good Single Player Fallout or The Elder Scrolls game!
#18.1 (Edited 138d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Ocsta  +   138d ago
They're "excited" over Battlecry. They want us to be "excited" too. I'm not "excited".
TheSaint  +   138d ago
If it's not F4 I'll be so upset that I'll engineer WWIII and create my own F4 IRL.

I like and hope it's Fallout would be the thing to take from this.
TrollingKoala  +   138d ago
I hope it is Fallout 4 i mean a doom sequel has been a long time coming but a true sequel to Fallout 3 hasn't been released for nearly six years (i did love New Vegas but can you say it would be exactly the same if Bethesda Game Studios had made it?).
#21 (Edited 138d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RondoMachete  +   138d ago
I'm hoping for Fallout 4 but the ever closer we get I don't think it's gonna happen which guts me big time... We need this game and we we need it soon.... Come on Bethesda sort it.
e-p-ayeaH  +   138d ago
QUAKE 5 would be nice
Engbob123  +   137d ago
I think we all pray for Fallout Four because the series has been so well packaged, but I do feel as others might that DOOM will be a multiplayer game, of which there is BETA key free with Wolfenstein. Both would be nice....

GotGame |Gaming with Killatia Playstation TV

9m ago - Today on Gaming With Killatia Killatia take a look at Sony’s Playstation TV! No not that failed $... | Tech

Halloween Gaming

9m ago - "Halloween is a great time for both horror movies and gaming. For those players who enjoy a good... | GameCube

Show of the Week: Andy Rescues, Is Rescued by Dog Robot in Sunset Overdrive

37m ago - Sunset Overdrive is a punky platform-shooter for Xbox One that mixes Jet Set Radio-style travers... | Xbox One

Sackboy Coming to Costume Quest 2 On The PS4

37m ago - Sackboy has been announced as a downloadable character in the upcoming Costume Quest 2 on the PS4... | PS3

Getting started in Archeage

Now - Quick overview from Curse on everything you need to get going in Archeage. | Promoted post

LittleBigPlanet 3: Sony’s Ace in the Hole | Hardcore Gamer

37m ago - Suffice it to say, PS4 owners don’t have a lot going for them this fall. | PS4