Submitted by ozCHRISoz 97d ago | rumor

Possible Halo 5 Reveal Tomorrow According To Industry Insider

Industry insider Shinobi has tweeted out some information regarding Halo 5 news incoming tomorrow. (Halo 5: Guardians, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Alternative Sources
Hard to tell
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 40
salmon_slapped  +   97d ago
I really hope it's a Halo 5 reveal with some info. One of the games I'm really looking forward too.

Sadly I feel this will be Halo 2 though.
christocolus  +   97d ago
Last friday sunset overdrive was revealed..what if its part of their plan to tease us with one upcoming xbox one exclusive every week until e3.

Larry ,Phil and the xbox head of spain have been hinting at pre e3 announcements for a while now and sunset overdrive might have been the first of many.

I dont usually believe in these guys and their inside gist but this could be true,afterall Phil also said they had so much to announce at the show that they decided to push some stuff out of the conference.

@george

If its true then one has to wonder what mega announcements MS has planned for E3. Sunset overdrive reveal, paywall gone, $399 sku, games with gold and now we have a possible halo 2 or halo5 reveal. These are all major announcements.. MS must have some really crazy plans and even bigger announcements planned for the show then.
#1.1 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
georgeenoob  +   97d ago
Before E3! Smart MS! Get out as many announcements out of the way this month cause come next month are several bombshells awaiting.
#1.1.1 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(16) | Report
MELMAN26  +   97d ago
I know right....what if its something like, all new digital xbox one games are $40. A gamer can dream right???
mikeslemonade  +   97d ago
Same core Xbox camp will buy this game. Halo is over the hill and I don't know how many times I have said but I will keep saying it until you guys learn.
BadlyPackedKeebab  +   97d ago
To fair though all bar sunset are almost negative things as far as PR goes. Dropping the price and kinect, paywall etc is an admission that they got it wrong. Those are not "woooo " announcements they are "about friggin time" announcements.

They want to get those out of the way, as while they are good annoucements they also highlight where MS have not been so good to us. So E3 can be "boom" "boom" "boom".
truefan1  +   97d ago
Hmmmm, pretty good hyping whatever it is. I like these little slow leaks leading up to E3 if true. Halo 5 news before E3 = mind blow, but I just can't see the #1 Xbox game revealed before E3, so I assume Halo 2. Either way they must have some gems ready for E3.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   97d ago
Yet another insider. I don't think its happening though.

But if it does.

Shots Fired.
dmitrijs88  +   97d ago
MS panic mode enabled.
choujij  +   97d ago
They'll probably keep trying until E3.

"If you don't like what is being said, then change the conversation."
-Don Draper
#1.3.1 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
ScamperCamper  +   97d ago
Yep, reports I've read indicate the Halo 2 Anniversary release is first up: http://www.haloforever.com However, I've also read that getting the Anniversary game will get you some type of beta access or something for Halo 5. Not sure. I keep thinking the band Kiss that recycled about 5 songs on about 10 best of albums. Do we really need 2 Halo anniversary games? Pretty weak imo.
DeathOfTheFanBoy  +   97d ago
I am currently replaying Halo combat evolved for the first time in years, it's so amazing, I forgot how good it was (apart from the repetitive library section, just passed it thank god!)

So for me halo 2 anniversary is a no-brainer, bring it on!!!
XiSasukeUchiha  +   97d ago
Halo 5 Guardian is fun, exciting, fast-paced annoucement is coming!
3-4-5  +   97d ago
I never understood how you could do nothing but make maps all day every day, whilst getting paid for it, and STILL MAKE TERRIBLE MAPS!

343.....Maps better be good. You have no excuse.
Lawboy2  +   97d ago
This is the first time I've seen an insider for the xbox one....for some reason I don't trust these insiders

I would love some halo news
Gasian  +   97d ago
Probably because we live on the internet and anyone can be an insider.

It would be great though.

I take everything these guys say with a grain of salt because I have been fooled too much before.

namely with Fallout 4 rumors ;Hittin' me with them feels :'(

#2.1 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ArbitorChief  +   97d ago
I don't trust these insiders but my body is so ready!
paulcek  +   97d ago
I think they should save it for E3! Or else it may take away from the excitement then...Or maybe it doesn't really matter since everyone knows it's coming.
Hercules189  +   97d ago
We know theres a Halo game coming, still will be a surprise as to what game will be coming this year, H2A, Halo 5, Halo ODST 2(Halo 3 ODST was a really underrated title), Halo Wars or something entirely different. My guess is that Microsoft cant fit everything in their 90 min session and seeing that they have 2 Halo titles to show off they will show off the new Halo at E3 and show off Halo 2 tomorrow if he's correct.
OpieWinston  +   97d ago
I approve of all those games...Especially Halo ODST sequel, I think that they really need to delve into making it more of a full experience but at the same time giving the fanbase some form of Halo MP from a future title.
donnieboy  +   97d ago
Why know?
jmac53  +   97d ago
It would be nice to know.
DVS-Zev  +   97d ago
something to take the sting away from the embarrassing npd sales would be my guess.
jmac53  +   97d ago
I don't understand why all these reveals are happening right before E3.
ArbitorChief  +   97d ago
My guess is to hype up E3, get people to ignore the April XB1 sales and give people reasons to buy the Kinect-less XB1.
#6.1 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
tuglu_pati  +   97d ago
Agree they are building hype up to E3, if true this is a great strategy.
Bladesfist  +   97d ago
I doubt most customers, me included, know anything about the xbox sales numbers. I bought a PS4 without checking sales numbers.
marlinfan10  +   97d ago
I doubt theyll reveal it tomorrow. Ms did say they had to move stuff out of e3 due to time, but its hard to believe halo would be one of them
1nsaint  +   97d ago
@jmac Was wondering the same thing.
@arbitor it arent just xbox games that have been announced recently
Moe-Gunz  +   97d ago
Almost anything is possible. We need definite yes or no. Anyone of us could say something will "possibly" be revealed tomorrow. If it doesn't it's ok because we said "possibly" -__-
Kayant  +   97d ago
Wow if true CBOAT and Shinobi are both hinting at something afterall... MS sure as hell aren't waiting for E3 to create more positive buzz/hype around XB1.
ArtificiallyYours  +   97d ago
I think 343 Industries was dead-set on E3. If it's worth it it's usually kept tight under wraps.

Either way bring it on, if the duff can be taken should this be debunked.
corvusmd  +   97d ago
Would be sweet if this is true, and if it's the case, it's a good sign for the development of the game....not that they are cramming to get something ready last minute for E3. However, it's more likely an announcement of Halo 2 I'd guess.
BiPolarBear  +   97d ago
If they are going to reveal halo 5 tommorrow, what will be in microsofts platter for e3?
gameon1985  +   97d ago
I think if they do it will more then likely just be acknowledging the game exists and probably just be some concept art.
Predaking77  +   97d ago
Microsoft must be very desperate if they cannot wait til E3 to proper reveal it. It is like, after another month won by Sony, they want to try and build some hype.
XStation  +   97d ago
OR maybe, they went over the 90 min time limit and only want to share things before E3, so they can have more time for the new ips and sequels for E3 2014.
christocolus  +   97d ago
Desperate? Wth? How did you even come up with that and whats more amazing is how we will never know where you guys keep popping out from.

The fact they are announcing this much prior to e3 should make any xbox fan even more excited for their conference cos they will definitly have much bigger things to announce at the show. Phil has been hinting at pre e3 reveals for months now and talking about moving things out of the show cos theyve exceeded their 90 min limit and you talking about desperation? Im sure if sony did same you would call it a killer strategy..right? ..smh. its a sad case.
#12.2 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
gameon1985  +   97d ago
Nah, you just Sound piss because lately Microsoft have had nothing but good news and have been giving their fans what they want. While sony have been caught lying twice, going broke and even the playstation division is losing money for them. apple bought beats from Dre and soon will buy PlayStation from Sony.
IVanSpinal  +   97d ago
Piss Poor
gameon1985  +   97d ago
This might just be true, remember a couple of days ago there was a leaked halo 5 image. Look bottom line is this and I'm not trolling but if Microsoft really does, and that's a BIG ASS IF show some halo 5 tomorrow I would really be afraid if I was a sony fan boy (note that I said fan boy). Because that would mean they will undoubtedly Have some ground breaking announcements fro E3. I said fan boys should be scared because we all know no matter what Microsoft do or show they will find something wrong with it.
supercpu  +   97d ago
hardcore agree with you there . the brain processes billions on data a second fan boys only latch on to what they looking for lol .

positive articles get attacked by the other side on here so pathetic .
Mrtemper  +   97d ago
Hmmm....I Wonder who disagrees with you.
Dlacy13g  +   97d ago
I can honestly say I can see this given MS has been aggressive with announcements. Nothing seems off limits leading up to E3
SLUG  +   97d ago
343 said halo 5 is coming next year so its not that game it the other halo game it might be halo wars 2
#15 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dlacy13g  +   97d ago
That would be great! Looooove Halo Wars.
Plagasx  +   97d ago
I'm ready to jizz insanely hard if it is Halo 5.
#16 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sideras  +   97d ago
Revealing anything now is stupid? Save it for E3.
theRell  +   97d ago
Something is indeed happening at the time specified.

HugoDrax  +   97d ago
Interesting! I've been playing HALO, since the original xbox. Even competed in a MLG tournament in Washington DC :-)
deepio  +   97d ago
Fingers crossed for some Halo goodness!
mhunterjr  +   97d ago
Interesting, I think there is something to be said of or the pre-e3 info release strategy. It's a great way to build momentum, and it indicates that the e3 show will have some really exciting news. If there's going to be a big halo reveal tomorrow, there had better be a really HUGE e3 announcements from MS. They wouldn't blow their load before the show.
#19 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
GentlemenRUs  +   97d ago
No doubtfully it will be boring just like 4 was.

That is an honest opinion, I have played it and completed it but once only.
#20 (Edited 97d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
rivencleft  +   97d ago
I will gladly pick up an Xbox One tomorrow if you announce Halo 5 today, or vice versa, yeah I don't know.

Wii U preorders benefit most from Gamescom despite Nintendo’s not putting on a press event

8m ago - It’s been a roller-coaster week for the Wii U, Nintendo’s innovative but troubled home console. | Wii U

Wim Wouters on a 'Crazy Year' for GriN and their New Game Woolfe

8m ago - Brad Jones writes: "While the project had certainly piqued the interest of many during the earlie... | PC

PlayingStation: New PS3/PS4 Releases Week of August 18th

13m ago - Curious platformers, stylish side-scrollers and floral action games ahoy! It's this week's new re... | PS3

Humble Weekly Bundle Extra Credits available now

20m ago - SteamFirst: The Humble Weekly Bundle is here! This week’s Humble Bundle benefits the Red Cross an... | PC

The Walking Dead Meets Spider-Man

Now - Come join us on Filmwatch this month as we give you a chance to win the Electro Collector's Edition of Amazing Spider-Man 2 or the Limited Edition... | Promoted post

Devolver Digital Announces 'A Fistful of Gun'

36m ago - Hardcore Gamer: Devolver Digital, publisher of Hotline Miami, has announced a new wild west top d... | PC