Try our new beta!Click here
Submitted by hamada_sivo 649d ago | news

See The First Screen From Our Upcoming Call of Duty Cover Story

In-game screenshot that has many hints about the next Call of Duty. (Call of Duty 2014, PC, PS4, Sledgehammer Games, Xbox One)

Alternative Sources
« 1 2 »
KNWS  +   649d ago
That screenshot is a sign of what the game looks like, than its not a WW1 game. Unless they've got back in time or something? Cool idea probably my own though.
Jessika_S  +   649d ago
If you look at the soldiers arms and the soldier on the back you can see that they are wearing an exoskeleton suit. I think it's going to have some kind of scifi element to it, which they have done before but will see.
#1.1 (Edited 649d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
mark3214uk  +   649d ago
this and battlefield are the only realitly shooters left please dont start adding aliens and monsters to it :/
guitarded77  +   649d ago
Going on the sci-fi theme... it would be cool to have a small squad of special ops that go to different periods in time and fight overwhelming forces with primitive weapons. Of course ammo would be an issue. Anyway, just daydreaming.
CJDUNCAN  +   649d ago
too late for the aliens and monsters @Mark3214uk, ghosts had them.
dcbronco  +   648d ago
Exoskeletons equates sci-fi. You guys need to look at modern military research. They will appear in the near future.
Xsilver  +   649d ago
Edge of Tomorrow Came to mind when i saw that Pic http://media1.santabanta.co...
FIREsafety  +   649d ago
Same here. That's what I immediately thought of.
Lior  +   649d ago
3 year development for this game.
mark3214uk  +   649d ago
im hoping were going to see rainbow six at e3,esp now theres not going to be a cod or battlefield this year
Blueponder  +   648d ago
2 hour single-player campaign... heard it here first
angelsx  +   649d ago
I already don't like it
Unreal01  +   649d ago
Well that's silly. Why are you here?

I for one am intrigued as to what Sledgehammer Games can offer.
ZodTheRipper  +   649d ago
I'm one of the biggest CoD critics but saying that is simply irrational. Give them a chance before judging it.
SonyMontana  +   648d ago
We get it, it's cool to hate COD. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing an actual reveal before rushing to judgement.
thezeldadoth  +   649d ago
it'll have mechs and wallrunning
Oldman100  +   649d ago
Call of Duty: Exofall featuring automatic 360 no scope capabilities.
BattleTorn  +   649d ago
Clearly you have no knowledge of the tech they had in WWI :P

It looks like if put his visor down he'd be straight out of WarFrame
#1.6 (Edited 649d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
mcarsehat  +   649d ago
they look like mercenaries hmmmmmmmmm i hope they are, that would be groovy
imt558  +   649d ago
I expect PS4 gameplay on reveal for a few days. Anyone knows that PS4 is the lead platform for COD.
reddx11  +   649d ago
no it xbox one dumass
oof46  +   649d ago
"no it xbox one dumass"
@reddx11: Didn't he write The Three Musketeers?
Swiggins  +   649d ago
^ You know your classic French literature.

Though it's actually Alexandre Dumas.
oof46  +   648d ago
Yes, I know. I was just using redd's spelling. Also, he was black.
Swiggins  +   648d ago
Brotha had soul!
-Foxtrot  +   649d ago
Jesus Christ, it gets some shiny new graphics and suddenly everyone is back in love with the series again....only until it disappoints you when you've been suckered back into buying it

Will people ever learn.
#1.9 (Edited 649d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(20) | Report | Reply
XBOTTOX  +   649d ago
how do you get bubbles?
oof46  +   649d ago
It's just a screen shot, but it reminds me of Bf4's first screens. The look of it.
Muffins1223  +   649d ago
Honestly I am scrolling down the comments and all i see is criticizing it and a few people defending it and giving it a chance,are those the people that your talking about?Cause so far YOUR comment has been the only one to have words like praise in it.
cyclindk  +   649d ago
At this point... Id sorta welcome that in this series. Go for broke! Of course you start out on a mission to assassinate Hitler in a vain attempt to end the war early and save countless lives (command and conquer red alert) but this goes terribly wrong, futuristic weapons end up in Nazi hands and we end up with robo-nazis the "Uber Panzer- Mench" jet pack incendiary battalions, et cetera
ab5olut10n  +   648d ago
Pretty sure the new Wolfenstein has robo-nazis covered
xtremeimport  +   648d ago
I dont get how people can get excited about a game knowing a new one will be announced 6months after the last one releases.
borgome  +   648d ago
Oh yeah, this game is definitely going to russel my jimmies!
#1.12 (Edited 648d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ritsuka666  +   649d ago
New Call of Duty game confirmed! Is this really what video game news has succumbed to just stating the obvious facts? Now if Call of Duty was cancelled for next year now that would be some real news!
#2 (Edited 649d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(28) | Report | Reply
MonChiChi  +   649d ago
Just because it's not shocking news doesn't mean it's not news.

If this was on of the million opinion pieces people post I would agree with ya.
blackblades  +   649d ago
Well old news then everyone should know cod comes out every year. Yes ritsuka666 if it was cancelled I'll be jaw dropping shocked.
DOMination-  +   648d ago
Its not old news
DrJones  +   648d ago
I wish there was a bubble down option for "idiotic comment".
BattleReach  +   649d ago
Looks good! (in my opinion)
BX81  +   649d ago
I 2nd that opinion!
#3.1 (Edited 649d ago ) | Agree(23) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
the_hitman3000  +   649d ago
Agreed I think that looks really good! People should keep in mind this is the first three year development for a cod game. I'm actually hyped to see more but still not to sold just yet. I do wish sledgehammer luck on their first real cod game though!
AngelicIceDiamond  +   649d ago
@Battle You don't have to say imo. You can say it looks good.

Seems like these days having your own Opinions is looked down upon.

I'd say that screenshot look great as well.
Convas  +   649d ago
I concur.
Lawboy2  +   649d ago
I second that...love COD...to many games to come out this year
borgome  +   648d ago
No doubt I play the bejeezies out of this game!
candy_mafia  +   649d ago
Oh dang!! ...the Black soldier looks just like the awesome British actor Idris Elba (Pacific Rim, Thor, The Wire etc), cool likeness.

That gotta be a new engine, look at the detail, awesome visuals!!

Wow, just wow! :))
#4 (Edited 649d ago ) | Agree(24) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
BLow  +   649d ago
It's finally nice to see a positive comment for Duty for once. Its so annoying seeing the same "Call of Duty sucks" or "This is the worst COD ever" on every freakin article. It gets sooooo old. This looks amazing and I don't care what anyone says. Oh by the way, if you don't think this is impressive then you shouldn't call yourself a gamer. Now if the gameplay can live up to those visuals then I can't wait.
#4.1 (Edited 649d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
TekoIie  +   649d ago
If Idris Elba is in this I would genuinely consider picking this up for the campaign alone.
Gamer-40  +   649d ago
I think new CoD MW4 in the future.
Very cool visuals.
ScamperCamper  +   649d ago
Agree that the visuals look amazing. I'm more a believer in a future warfare: http://www.callofdutyforeve... From what that screenshot show, it's fantasy mixed with futuristic. I don't see how Activision would justify a "modern" titled game if the setting was futuristic. My 2 cents on it. Personally I'm juiced for this new one. I haven't written off COD just yet. Bring it on.
123pol  +   649d ago
im sooo damn tired of the "future warfare" games dont like it.. ghost will be my last cod game
ginsunuva  +   649d ago
If you actually bought Ghosts, then I can assure you that you will buy more.
123pol  +   649d ago
no.. i have played since blackops( am not that into shooters ) and i have been playing tons maybe a couple hours a day. then i bought ghost.. i played throght singeplayer and maybe 2- 3 hours multiplayer. and have not touched it since
yezz  +   648d ago
Completely agree. There is too much of these modern/future shooters and no one is doing anything from our history anymore.

I was so done with WW2 games just before COD4 but now it's the exact same thing with these future ones.. Why can't we have some variation so we don't get bored all the time.

I'm glad they finally upgraded the visuals and they look great but unfortunately these timelines don't interest me for some reason.
#6.2 (Edited 648d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
imXify  +   649d ago
Ohai sexy screenshot !
Meltic  +   649d ago
if its from a gameplay its good. Cinematic its ok. Can be a cinematic too
Axonometri  +   649d ago
Call of Future Dragon Dead Halo War Space?
ArbitorChief  +   649d ago
Graphics look dope
donnieboy  +   649d ago
I know right!
mochachino  +   649d ago
Wow graphics. If real time in game then very impressed.

But won't buy another COD until the game play changes. Not saying the current games are bad, it's obvious millions love it, just that I had my fill by the time MW2 came out
NarooN  +   648d ago
Yeah, the visuals actually look pretty good. However, I won't bust my nuts over them, when the real problems with the games have been the flawed gameplay mechanics and terrible netcode, amongst other things. I'll wait and see before I completely write the game off, but I guess we'll find out around Summer or so.

I've been a CoD fan since the first game on PC back in 2003, and I'd buy this if it's good, but if not, won't be any sweat off my back.
cbrcsg2001  +   649d ago
As long as it has better respawn points than Ghosts, I'll be happy lol...and smaller maps..maps like Stonehaven are way too big for 6v6
josephayal  +   649d ago
I actually hope this is true, goty 2014
ginsunuva  +   649d ago
lol good one
TheHaydenator  +   649d ago
Are you serious?
xActionBasturdx  +   649d ago
Although this screen does look amazing...i think you jumped the gun a little bit...this wont win it simply because watch dogs and the divison(if its not delayed) and destiny comes out this year
oIITSBIIo  +   649d ago
No way this shit game become GOTY .
ninjagoat  +   649d ago
Looks like a new engine need to see more.
#14 (Edited 649d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
R0n0rve  +   649d ago
If gameplay looks great, this may be the first COD I'll buy since Modern Warfare 2..
retrofly  +   649d ago
COD series needs a revolution not an evolution.

Its time to innovate and really push the new next gen consoles, not just in graphics, but scale, details, physics, tactics, AI.
Audiggity  +   649d ago
Yes! I don't know which questionable individual clicked "Disagree" but, they should be put to sleep.

It absolutely needs a full revolution. They've gone far enough w/ ctrl+C and ctrl+V... totally rebuilt from the ground up or CoD deserves to fail.
isa_scout  +   649d ago
Is it just me or does the character in the screenshot look a lot like Idris Elba?
Mikefizzled  +   649d ago
I can't stop seeing Carl Weathers in the picture dammit.
Mr-Dude  +   649d ago
Looks beautiful, but then it could be a bullshot a big rig or they pulling a ubisoft... we will see
KontryBoy706  +   649d ago
looks like MW4 to me. Where's the WWI footage
Gamer-40  +   649d ago
Where's the WWI footage?

Only trash rumor.
Lou Ferrigno  +   649d ago
graphics look insane ..Hope this is true , soldier looks awesome too , and i don't even like most of the COD games besides the OG Modern warfare..Looks interesting and will see how it goes down the line. :)
Patrick_pk44  +   649d ago
And...another typical modern and bland shooter.
mafiahajeri  +   649d ago
Been hating on COD for a while but truth must be said the graphics finally look good.
Gardenia  +   649d ago
The near future it is. Would be cool if the exoskeleton is the basic in multiplayer and you can then build weapons and skills/perks around them. Something like have more power but lose speed, or have bionic vision but lose radar
rashada07  +   649d ago
Can't wait for a trailer! Haven't been this excited to see a new COD in a long time
Are_The_MaDNess  +   649d ago
graphics looks good, i give them that.
but they better fix all the BS in the gameplay, get Dedicated servers on all platforms, have the engine being stable. and fix the reward system, should be a risk to get a reward in-game and not being given things all the time.
blakstarz  +   649d ago
Looks like its futuristic based on the the gear they are wearing.
ChipChipperson  +   649d ago
Yeah, it looks like they're setting this in a pseudo-modern-future type setting, but taking a lot of military weaponry concepts that we have now and perfecting them for the sake of the setting of this game. Like taking past failed weapon system concepts/projects and perfecting them. It looks they're wearing exoskeletons, something that's been tested a bit by the military, I think it was made by Raytheon, but not something that is in mass production or anything like other pieces of equipment and tech. So, in a way, this could be like a Modern Black Ops 2, just not as futuristic as Black Ops 2 though. But maybe not, who knows, we'll find out soon when they release more information.
HaydenJameSmith  +   649d ago
The screenshot looks great...

I have complete confidence in Sledgehammer cause they are great developers but am remaining skeptical about the game, as it's been a long time since I have seen Call of Duty Innovate and change there formula... but 3 year development cycles will help a lot and give developers time for dlc and future games too instead of making the same game every year.
Ubisoft should take this approach with Assassin's Creed too.
DarkLord1003  +   649d ago
Haha - all the people complaining about modern warfare shooters. I can remember the time when people were complaining because there were only WW2 shooters.
GiantFriendlyCrab  +   649d ago
cal of duty: future warfare
mrpsychoticstalker  +   649d ago
Yup definitely not WW1
« 1 2 »

Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna web commercial

11m ago - Square Enix has released a new, 30-second web commercial for Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna showcasing... | PS4

Yoshinori Ono Street Fighter 5 Interview - The Miller Report

11m ago - Street Fighter 5 is the latest game in the Street Fighter series and, of course, comes from the m... | PC

Gran Turismo SPORT Beta Testing Begins early 2016

Now - Start tracking GTS with Releases.com's release date alert service and be notified when the GTS beta launches. | Promoted post

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - #BeAPro with ESL Part 3: Mods

11m ago - Join ESL’s Joshua Gray and Hannah Noble in a special video showcasing hand-picked mods for The Wi... | PC

Valkyria: Azure Revolution introduces Brigitta, Blum, and Helena

12m ago - The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals a new key group and three new characters set to appear... | PS4

Arslan: The Warriors Of Legend (With Bonus) Is Now Available For Xbox One

12m ago - An exciting collaboration between The Heroic Legend of Arslan anime and the action-infused Warrio... | Xbox One