Submitted by BlueCroup 153d ago | opinion piece

Could these remakes be heading to PS4 soon?

GamePointsNow has heard several remakes are heading to the PS4 in the near future, so we thought we’d speculate on just what they could be. (Crash Bandicoot, Journey, Next-Gen, PS3, PS4, Syphon Filter, The Last Of Us, The Unfinished Swan)

JoGam  +   153d ago
Crazy List.
FamilyGuy  +   153d ago
Short but sweet, seems like a bunch of wishful thinking though.
moujahed  +   153d ago
I can see Wipeout happening. Everything else is as you said... "Wishful thinking."
stavrami-mk2  +   153d ago
if this was to be true i would be fapping ,heavenly sword with trophies??
phwwwwwwooooor yea count me in
Luthiens1  +   153d ago
Rts is my favourite genre, with the trackpad i would be very excite for starcraft.
mark3214uk  +   153d ago
hope so i never played the last of us

sad i know but never got time to try it
hkgamer  +   153d ago
great game, definitely not for everyone.

I haven't even completed it yet. I suck at stealth and action is pretty hard in that game. well for me it is.

the rest is just walking from point A to point B whilst moving the ladder to the right position.

sounds like i didn't enjoy the game but I actually liked it.
yazter  +   153d ago
I guess it's time to give up on any Parasite Eve remake.

God I loved that game and it seems that when I express my wish for a remake I'm only shouting into the wind.
shallowpoint  +   153d ago
I loved it 2!!
ninjagoat  +   153d ago
Some i want added

The Getaway 3
Shenmue 3 (I know it wasn't on playstation -_- can't help but dream)
Bully 2
New Red dead game.
#6 (Edited 153d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TorchedRd  +   153d ago
I was at a local game store the other day that has a lot of retro stuff and saw a copy of Bully on the wall for a couple bucks. Seeing that and your comment, it does make me wonder...why hasn't Rockstar revisited Bully yet?
WeAreLegion  +   153d ago
The team that did Bully was busy with Max Payne 3 last generation. It went through development hell so long that they didn't get around to making Bully 2. We'll see it soon. Both Bully 2 and Red Dead Raptor are in development.

(Note: Red Dead Raptor is my placeholder title, but how freakin' cool would that be?!?)
hkgamer  +   153d ago
My heart screams and cries when I see the word Shenmue :'(

Getaway would be great. Actually any open world games would be great if they actually had as many people as real life. wouldn't care if graphics looked like PS2 games. Actually having to suffer through traffic in a video game would be the most stressful game in the world.
brew  +   153d ago
Journey is a no-brainer. It will probably be announced soon.
_FantasmA_  +   153d ago
Syphon Filter! Please make it happen. Was just playing the PSP versions yesterday. Add Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver to that list and Defiance in HD. I miss Cool Boarders also. Never got to play The Getaway, so I hope they bring that back. A real Twisted Metal with stories for every character and working multiplayer would also be nice. Parasite Eve was the poop back then also. A new Siren game too.
e-p-ayeaH  +   153d ago
A Tenchu return would be nice.
Akuma2K  +   153d ago
This is THE game i want to see return on PS4, i've been a fan of the ninjitsu martial art for years and when this series first came out on the original playstation console with Tenchu Stealth Assassins that was all she wrote.

I don't know who has the license for the series now, just wish somebody would do a remake for PS4.
#8.1.1 (Edited 153d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
Meltic  +   153d ago
remember syphon filter so bad ass game it was !
Relientk77  +   153d ago
It really was
Relientk77  +   153d ago
Would love to see Crash and Syphon Filter
PrinceOfAllSaiyans  +   153d ago
1-Syphon Filter
2-Dark Cloud
3-Crash
Meltic  +   153d ago
crash was a legend. Miss those old games. Still got them in my locker :). Meaby i will plugg the ps1 / ps2 in again soon hehe
#11.1 (Edited 153d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Section8uk  +   153d ago
PS4 WipeOut! Why they shut Pygnosis down I will never understand :(
WeAreLegion  +   153d ago
I think maybe the Wipeout series wasn't seeing a huge return and the fan base wasn't growing. There are some very talented developers in that team though, so they were dispersed to other developers.
Luthiens1  +   153d ago
Couldnt we poll our our top 10 games (franchises), do that kickstart thing & make it happen.
DarkLord1003  +   153d ago
Is there any reason why gabe logan isn't in all star battle royal
AutoCad  +   153d ago
socom 2.
Akuma2K  +   153d ago
H-Hour is coming, the successor for Socom 2.

Which is headed by David Sears, the guy behind Socom 1 and 2.
#15.1 (Edited 153d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AutoCad  +   153d ago
i know it is, but it wont be the same.i know they have said they are striving to make it the same type of gameplay..but socom 2 engine and h-hour engine are different.we will see if it truly feels like socom2 when the beta releases
#15.1.1 (Edited 153d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Akuma2K  +   153d ago
Yea, i hope the demo shows that socom2 feel as well.
Kingscorpion81  +   153d ago
I believe Syphon Filter will be brought back but I don't know for what system. It might come out for the Vita and the PS4 via using the remote play feature.
GW212  +   153d ago
Re: TLOU

"Sony has seen a lot of gamers switch to the PS4 from the Xbox 360 so there could be a potential market for a reissue."

YES! I'M RIGHT HERE! TAKE MY MONEY!!!
tigertron  +   153d ago
I actually played some Syphon Filter earlier today on my Vita and wondered if Sony would ever remake it on the PS4.
#18 (Edited 153d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   153d ago
Bend is either working on a new Syphon Filter or Eight Days. I guarantee it.
bigboss1990  +   153d ago
Would love syphon filter I really loved that game when I was 9 my first PlayStation game I played :-D memorys bring back the original voice actor for Gabe too that would be epic lol
KingPin  +   153d ago
aside from syphon filter, the other games are meh. i would buy em but what would really blow my mind is a new soul reaver game with raziel.
e-p-ayeaH  +   153d ago
Soul Reaver remake is very possible tomb raider reboot was quite well made.

But very hard to top the original Soul Reaver, the voice acting and the soundtrack were insanely good.
#20.1 (Edited 153d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KingPin  +   153d ago
well if they do ever get around to it, i'd want naughty dog to do it. partly because they release games that are polished and refined, but mostly because i'd want Amy Hennig personally involved with the project. Soul Reaver is a classic.
e-p-ayeaH  +   153d ago
Heavenly Sword on PS4 makes complete sense since it never took full potencial of PS3´s hardware and there´s also a movie coming out.

Syphon Filter remake on PS4 sounds possible but it needs that naughty dog quality if it wants to stick around as a series.

On a side note The Last of Us definitly deserves a PS4 version.
#21 (Edited 153d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
waltyftm  +   153d ago
M.A.G
ThatOneGuyThere  +   153d ago
this needs to happen. i miss MAG so hard right now.
smashman98  +   153d ago
So let me get this straight you can't officially comment on the info from your "super secret sources" but you can make a list of games that might get the treatment. Wow that's sounds shadier then if you had said your list was given to you by super secret sources
BlueCroup  +   153d ago
It's merely a speculation piece, obviously if we had a bit more we'd happily be reporting it. nothing shady involved however
BlakHavoc  +   153d ago
I'd be 100% behind a remake of Heavenly Sword, or better yet just a sequel. But 2 games I always thought they should revive on consoles are Syphon Filter and Socom, I know H-Hour is in development and is basically Socom, but I think it would have been in Sony's best interest to fund the game and let them call it Socom.
Thomaticus  +   153d ago
Final Fantasy VII doesn't need a remake... it needs a reboot or a sequel. FFVII-2.
Most of the games on the list, shouldn't simply be remade but rather a reboot of the series. Uncharted could use, a sequel, along with The Last of Us.
csreynolds  +   153d ago
Journey could happen (thatgamecompany has already ported Flower and Flow), and Naughty Dog has said recently that if demand is high enough a TLoU PS4 port MIGHT be possible. The rest though? Unlikely - as much as I'd love to see Crash Bandicoot return to PlayStation.
#26 (Edited 153d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Greenlight Title ‘Stained’ Developer Breaks Steam Key Promise Due To Game “Not Selling”

6m ago - GG3 writes: "Developer Realaxis of the recently released Steam game Stained has turned face on th... | PC

LEGO Batman 3 Cast Trailer Features Adam West

37m ago - Warner Bros have released a new trailer for LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham taking at the game's col... | PC

It’s Time For Zelda To Improve Its Stories

1h ago - Zelda's stories are great, but they could - and should - be a lot better. | Wii U

Momodora III Review - Not Great, Not Terrible (Twinfinite)

1h ago - Mike G from Twinfinite writes: Platformers are a strange bird. Some are relatively simple run-... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

FIFA 15 Transfer Market Rumors - Conjecture Created By YouTube Personalities For Traffic

1h ago - Captain Camper of Gamers Heroes writes: Several popular YouTube personalities recently posted... | PC