Try our new beta!Click here
Submitted by BlueCroup 712d ago | opinion piece

Could these remakes be heading to PS4 soon?

GamePointsNow has heard several remakes are heading to the PS4 in the near future, so we thought we’d speculate on just what they could be. (Crash Bandicoot, Journey, Next-Gen, PS3, PS4, Syphon Filter, The Last Of Us, The Unfinished Swan)

JoGam  +   712d ago
Crazy List.
FamilyGuy  +   712d ago
Short but sweet, seems like a bunch of wishful thinking though.
moujahed  +   711d ago
I can see Wipeout happening. Everything else is as you said... "Wishful thinking."
stavrami-mk2  +   712d ago
if this was to be true i would be fapping ,heavenly sword with trophies??
phwwwwwwooooor yea count me in
Luthiens1  +   712d ago
Rts is my favourite genre, with the trackpad i would be very excite for starcraft.
mark3214uk  +   712d ago
hope so i never played the last of us

sad i know but never got time to try it
hkgamer  +   712d ago
great game, definitely not for everyone.

I haven't even completed it yet. I suck at stealth and action is pretty hard in that game. well for me it is.

the rest is just walking from point A to point B whilst moving the ladder to the right position.

sounds like i didn't enjoy the game but I actually liked it.
yazter  +   712d ago
I guess it's time to give up on any Parasite Eve remake.

God I loved that game and it seems that when I express my wish for a remake I'm only shouting into the wind.
shallowpoint  +   712d ago
I loved it 2!!
ninjagoat  +   712d ago
Some i want added

The Getaway 3
Shenmue 3 (I know it wasn't on playstation -_- can't help but dream)
Bully 2
New Red dead game.
#6 (Edited 712d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TorchedRd  +   712d ago
I was at a local game store the other day that has a lot of retro stuff and saw a copy of Bully on the wall for a couple bucks. Seeing that and your comment, it does make me wonder...why hasn't Rockstar revisited Bully yet?
WeAreLegion  +   712d ago
The team that did Bully was busy with Max Payne 3 last generation. It went through development hell so long that they didn't get around to making Bully 2. We'll see it soon. Both Bully 2 and Red Dead Raptor are in development.

(Note: Red Dead Raptor is my placeholder title, but how freakin' cool would that be?!?)
hkgamer  +   712d ago
My heart screams and cries when I see the word Shenmue :'(

Getaway would be great. Actually any open world games would be great if they actually had as many people as real life. wouldn't care if graphics looked like PS2 games. Actually having to suffer through traffic in a video game would be the most stressful game in the world.
brew  +   712d ago
Journey is a no-brainer. It will probably be announced soon.
_FantasmA_  +   712d ago
Syphon Filter! Please make it happen. Was just playing the PSP versions yesterday. Add Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver to that list and Defiance in HD. I miss Cool Boarders also. Never got to play The Getaway, so I hope they bring that back. A real Twisted Metal with stories for every character and working multiplayer would also be nice. Parasite Eve was the poop back then also. A new Siren game too.
e-p-ayeaH  +   712d ago
A Tenchu return would be nice.
Akuma2K  +   712d ago
This is THE game i want to see return on PS4, i've been a fan of the ninjitsu martial art for years and when this series first came out on the original playstation console with Tenchu Stealth Assassins that was all she wrote.

I don't know who has the license for the series now, just wish somebody would do a remake for PS4.
#8.1.1 (Edited 712d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
Meltic  +   712d ago
remember syphon filter so bad ass game it was !
Relientk77  +   712d ago
It really was
Relientk77  +   712d ago
Would love to see Crash and Syphon Filter
PrinceOfAllSaiyans  +   712d ago
1-Syphon Filter
2-Dark Cloud
3-Crash
Meltic  +   712d ago
crash was a legend. Miss those old games. Still got them in my locker :). Meaby i will plugg the ps1 / ps2 in again soon hehe
#11.1 (Edited 712d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Section8uk  +   712d ago
PS4 WipeOut! Why they shut Pygnosis down I will never understand :(
WeAreLegion  +   712d ago
I think maybe the Wipeout series wasn't seeing a huge return and the fan base wasn't growing. There are some very talented developers in that team though, so they were dispersed to other developers.
Luthiens1  +   712d ago
Couldnt we poll our our top 10 games (franchises), do that kickstart thing & make it happen.
DarkLord1003  +   712d ago
Is there any reason why gabe logan isn't in all star battle royal
AutoCad  +   712d ago
socom 2.
Akuma2K  +   712d ago
H-Hour is coming, the successor for Socom 2.

Which is headed by David Sears, the guy behind Socom 1 and 2.
#15.1 (Edited 712d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AutoCad  +   712d ago
i know it is, but it wont be the same.i know they have said they are striving to make it the same type of gameplay..but socom 2 engine and h-hour engine are different.we will see if it truly feels like socom2 when the beta releases
#15.1.1 (Edited 712d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Akuma2K  +   711d ago
Yea, i hope the demo shows that socom2 feel as well.
Kingscorpion1981  +   712d ago
I believe Syphon Filter will be brought back but I don't know for what system. It might come out for the Vita and the PS4 via using the remote play feature.
GW212  +   712d ago
Re: TLOU

"Sony has seen a lot of gamers switch to the PS4 from the Xbox 360 so there could be a potential market for a reissue."

YES! I'M RIGHT HERE! TAKE MY MONEY!!!
tigertron  +   712d ago
I actually played some Syphon Filter earlier today on my Vita and wondered if Sony would ever remake it on the PS4.
#18 (Edited 712d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   712d ago
Bend is either working on a new Syphon Filter or Eight Days. I guarantee it.
bigboss1990  +   712d ago
Would love syphon filter I really loved that game when I was 9 my first PlayStation game I played :-D memorys bring back the original voice actor for Gabe too that would be epic lol
KingPin  +   712d ago
aside from syphon filter, the other games are meh. i would buy em but what would really blow my mind is a new soul reaver game with raziel.
e-p-ayeaH  +   712d ago
Soul Reaver remake is very possible tomb raider reboot was quite well made.

But very hard to top the original Soul Reaver, the voice acting and the soundtrack were insanely good.
#20.1 (Edited 712d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KingPin  +   712d ago
well if they do ever get around to it, i'd want naughty dog to do it. partly because they release games that are polished and refined, but mostly because i'd want Amy Hennig personally involved with the project. Soul Reaver is a classic.
e-p-ayeaH  +   712d ago
Heavenly Sword on PS4 makes complete sense since it never took full potencial of PS3´s hardware and there´s also a movie coming out.

Syphon Filter remake on PS4 sounds possible but it needs that naughty dog quality if it wants to stick around as a series.

On a side note The Last of Us definitly deserves a PS4 version.
#21 (Edited 712d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
waltyftm  +   712d ago
M.A.G
ThatOneGuyThere  +   712d ago
this needs to happen. i miss MAG so hard right now.
smashman98  +   712d ago
So let me get this straight you can't officially comment on the info from your "super secret sources" but you can make a list of games that might get the treatment. Wow that's sounds shadier then if you had said your list was given to you by super secret sources
BlueCroup  +   711d ago
It's merely a speculation piece, obviously if we had a bit more we'd happily be reporting it. nothing shady involved however
BlakHavoc  +   711d ago
I'd be 100% behind a remake of Heavenly Sword, or better yet just a sequel. But 2 games I always thought they should revive on consoles are Syphon Filter and Socom, I know H-Hour is in development and is basically Socom, but I think it would have been in Sony's best interest to fund the game and let them call it Socom.
Thomaticus  +   711d ago
Final Fantasy VII doesn't need a remake... it needs a reboot or a sequel. FFVII-2.
Most of the games on the list, shouldn't simply be remade but rather a reboot of the series. Uncharted could use, a sequel, along with The Last of Us.
csreynolds  +   711d ago
Journey could happen (thatgamecompany has already ported Flower and Flow), and Naughty Dog has said recently that if demand is high enough a TLoU PS4 port MIGHT be possible. The rest though? Unlikely - as much as I'd love to see Crash Bandicoot return to PlayStation.
#26 (Edited 711d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

A 24hr closed beta for The Tomorrow Children kicks off Sunday

13m ago - “Reminder: the 24hr Closed Beta #TheTomorrowChildren Takes place on Feb 7th (Sun) 09:00 – Feb 8th... | PS4

Review: Yakuza 5 - A slice of life for badasses and pop idols | The Outerhaven

16m ago - Holland writes: After 3 years of waiting for those of us who aren’t fluent in Japanese or willing... | Yakuza 5

List of PS4 Games that are coming out this month

Now - Looking for a new game for your PS4? Head over to our release calendar and see what is coming out this month. | Promoted post

Devil Daggers Unleashes Brooding Dark Violence February 18

31m ago - Devil Daggers is a first-person shooter that’s stripped to its basics. There’s you, an arena, an... | PC

Bear with me, but I think Agent 47 is Archer

34m ago - GR: In this video featurette on Agent 47's (very slightly) revised looks for the new Hitman, mai... | Culture

The Political Machine 2016 Lets You Live Out the Election

1h ago - If you’ve ever wanted to walk in the shoes of Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Ben Carson or Hillary... | PC