Submitted by megazero12 306d ago | opinion piece

Xbox One UK price cut is a middle finger to early adopters

vg247 says "Microsoft took a lot of people off guard today by announcing a price cut in the UK on the Xbox One, a games console it only released last November.

Critics, analysts, fans, marketers and everyone else with a throwaway opinion had been calling out Microsoft for its overpriced console since it first revealed the price point at E3 last year, but it was still a shock to see the company slash £30 off the machine and throw in a copy of Titanfall to boot."

Note: cant please everyone, and early adopters in the uk got forza 5 and fifa 14 for free. (Xbox One)

« 1 2 »
Mikelarry  +   306d ago
i understand that early adopters are pissed but come on now MS needs to sell the xbox ones its not doing them any favors sitting on store shelves and warehouses as they would be loosing even more money. this way they sell more boxes to gamers who could not afford the premium price. price drops with every product/ service happen unfortunately if they are not meeting the projected margins they set out to reach
#1 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(29) | Disagree(15) | Report | Reply
Naga  +   306d ago
Early adopters can either sit around and mope over the fact that they paid more to be early adopters, or they can be comforted by the fact that the company is making strides to ensure that their console of choice continues to be competitive in the market.
#1.1 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(28) | Disagree(18) | Report | Reply
insomnium2  +   306d ago
@headline

Yup. Pretty much. If they won't offer something to compensate (like they did with the first xbox) it really is the middle finger and a slap in the face too.
4Sh0w  +   306d ago
BS early adopters know full well going in on a new console anything can happen AND this helps the platform they invested in gain more fellow gamers to enjoy the console increasing it's online community, dev support etc that is a good thing for them.

Also I didn't know that X1 was so much more expensive in the UK than ps4:

714.50 USD
666.2 USD.
PS4 is 581.26 USD.

Now the gap is about $85 USD, so it isn't a huge cut but I mean I dont care how well you did last gen asking $133 more in their 2nd biggest market for Xbox is going to be very tough, its still more expensive so I'm not saying will make X1 outsell ps4 now but with a closer price point and kinect included the value propistion its pretty damm close so this will definitely help.
#1.1.2 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(6) | Report
VENOMACR1227  +   306d ago
I bought mine on Day 1, no regrets. Eventually the system is going to be price cut more and more. It is what it is. MS is trying to sell systems. They had a solid launch but now sales are declining so a price cut is fine to drive sales.
loulou  +   306d ago
Lol all goods drop in price.

The slap in the face is not the price cut, it is the turd hardware...

Microsoft had to react
Charybdis  +   306d ago
Microsoft just fired the first shot in a hopefully a price-war. Sonny doesn't need to react but would be nice if they would also drop their price just to mess with Microsoft.
gaffyh  +   306d ago
Tbh, I knew there would be a price cut within the first few months, it was obvious to anyone who was not blinded by fanboyism. I was however expecting them to do it after TitanFall launched to see whether TitanFall made any difference in and of itself, but it looks like they decided that that best chance they've got is to price cut the TitanFall bundle. It's a good idea, and will likely pay off depending on how good TitanFall reviews.
indyman77  +   306d ago
Hey I'm no xboxer (well I was a year ago but not anymore). With that being said, I have to agree! Microsoft has to do something, it can't wait because it is losing bad in even its only two sales lead territories. USA and UK. By more than 40% according to most retailers and sales charts. Microsoft can no longer keep the happy face going, to keep the pokemon effect that everyone wants it.

If they don't move these boxes soon, it will become a even bigger word of mouth mockery. Which will scare even loyalist into thinking they are getting the next dreamcast if they buy it.

More sold equal more software support. So that is the price of being a early adapter. The other price being manufacturing problems. Now on the other hand if Sony did it (FIRST) that would be bad. Because they are not desperate, to catch up before even the most die hard realize it is a blowout in Sonys favor.
SilentNegotiator  +   306d ago
This is why I always wait at least a year before getting a new system.
vulcanproject  +   306d ago
I always did say Microsoft would drop their price first and I guaranteed it. Even I didn't expect it this early however! Just 3 months after launch.

Sony won't and don't have to. We won't see a Sony drop until they are ready, they hold the cards right now.

Microsoft steeply cut the price of the original Xbox just ONE MONTH after it launched in the UK back in 2002, from £300 to £199.

Early adopters back then got a couple of free games and a controller, but I don't see them doing the same thing this time around. If you bought the console early, surely it is your own judgement that decided whether it was worth the price in your eyes and well- you bought it and thought it was then right?

Microsoft simply cannot afford to get so far behind their platform becomes unappealing to publishers, they had to take action and do it fast. At least it may prop up sales for a little while.
#1.1.9 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
jasonc1213  +   306d ago
As an early adopter, I'm not pissed. Christmas break would have sucked without my system (and my friends/family would probably agree). Maybe they'll do something to make it right on March 11th, but I'm having a good time so why complain? It's a risk we take.
Why o why  +   306d ago
Fair point. Xmas with new tech always seems better.

3 months has to be a console record though. Seems Microsoft didn't agree with the guys on n4g proclaiming the sales were fine or that it's the fastest selling Xbox or what have you. Nah mate. They are using their competitors sales as the barometer. Next region for sale.... NA
#1.2.1 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
tehpees3  +   306d ago
My local Game has a window with tonnes of them brand new for various prices. It needed a price drop in the same way 3DS did and rightfully it is taking heat because of it.
dumahim  +   306d ago
I don't really think that many early adopters are all that pissed. They go into it knowing full well the price is going to drop at some point. And this is UK only. By the sounds of it, there wasn't that many early adopters there anyway, and if I recall, they got a free game as well.
Volkama  +   306d ago
Ah I don't think many early adopters are complaining. It's just one of those things, happens with consoles or anything else you may buy. Whenever I buy electronics I do my best not to keep track of the price of it from that point forward :)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate vg247 trying to champion the cause but... meh I don't actually care.

Would certainly be cool if MS gave away Titanfall to the early adopters as well though!
#1.5 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Mikelarry  +   306d ago
@ gaffy

they want 360 owners to make the jump and get titanfall on xbox one rather than 360 so doing a price drop after wouldn't really help if half of ms install base is playing their most anticipated title on last gen console
jmac53  +   306d ago
We all know the loyal fan base will grin and take it. They have been doing so for years.
christocolus  +   306d ago
@mike

I totally agree with you and besides its difficult to please everyone. The price was always a major issue for ms and gamers have been complaining about it since launch.

Now MS is making moves in the right direction to lower the price and its a middle finger to early adopters? So far approx 300k units have been sold but ms knows millions are yet to buy it and i bet this news has got more thumbs up from more than 300k potential uk xbx one owners. ms is focused on the long term and thas a good thing. I am an early adopter myself and im very happy about this cos more gamers get to own the system.
frostypants  +   306d ago
Yep. Everyone knows that MS must cut the price of the One to avoid losing marketshare (and thus leverage over developers) to the PS4.

The logic that MS somehow owes early adopters is infantile.
Zoloftuser  +   306d ago
Is this writer very young? I love how people feel like everyone owes them something. If you think this does not happen in the age of technology I feel very sorry for you. Stand by your purchase like a man (or women)and quit crying. Everything goes down in price like this. Phones, PC parts, Tablets, ect. If you want it early then expect to pay more. It is the American way!

Slap in the face, please.... Have some accountability.
-Foxtrot  +   306d ago

People keep saying

"They won't because it would be a slap to the face towards early adopters"

Yet they've just slashed the price this early despite loyal fans buying their console day one at full price.
Mikelarry  +   306d ago
when they did all that reversal there is nothing i believe they cannot / will not change if things are not going their way as they are a business in this industry to make money
#2.1 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
4Sh0w  +   306d ago
@Foxtrot
"If they can easily do something like this then what's to say they won't announce a Kinect-less bundle later on this year."

Very, very simple answer because a price drop in no way undermines their vision of kinect as a integral part of the X1 experience, now you may say they could do a 180 and "give up" on kinect, but its not happening when you look at how much they've already invested and plans for future titles, entertainment/tv and their whole marketing approach I think they are smart enough to know it would do more harm than good. Nah clearly they would just drop the price again if sales stagnate as you can see here vs change their entire strategy and fracture the infrastructure with a kinect-less X1.

I thank sony for having a affordable ps4, which is now making the X1 more affordable in the UK.
#2.1.1 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
Why o why  +   306d ago
That's true 4show. The customers who haven't jumped in yet are the winners.

Early adopters usually get the shaft but ms felt they had to react and take the flack from those said early adopters because you have to admit, this was way quick to cut the price.

Maybe some live months or a rebate of similar status would be a nice way of stemming any ill feelings. Just a suggestion.
#2.1.2 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
MightyNoX  +   306d ago
You have to take into account that said people made those statements because they had no grasp of the desperate situation MS is in.
Naga  +   306d ago
The reluctance to unbundle Kinect has very little to do with alienating early adopters. While anything is technically possible, the real reason Microsoft will probably never drop Kinect is the fact that they believe it to be integral to the Xbox One experience - that it sets their console apart.

You don't have to agree with them or their vision, but that's their vision.

Honestly, as strategic options go, dropping their vision for Kinect is at the very bottom of Microsoft's list right now, like it or not. If the original Xbox is any indication, Microsoft is willing to take a HUGE financial hit in order to see their vision become a reality.
#2.3 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
AnteCash  +   306d ago
"Microsoft is willing to take a HUGE financial hit in order to see their vision become a reality."

MS is willing , im not sure about the shareholders.
mcstorm  +   306d ago
Your spot on. But then again here in the uk we get hit by higher price than the USA ect because of VAT as its at 20%. Also the UK is a strong hold of last gen for the 360 and they wont want to lose a big market share to sony here.

Also Microsoft can afford to make a loss on the xbox one its self as they will look to make the money on games and dlc ect.

I got a day one and im not unhappy about a price drop as this happens a lot. It happed to me with the WiiU and also the 3DS. Its also happed on other products I have bought like TV's ect its just normal life really.
-Foxtrot  +   306d ago
You talk about their vision with Kinect yet when they revealed Kinect for the first time as Natal that had a totally different vision then what Kinect was.

You know...so I doubt all this is to preserve their vision but more like to shove it down peoples throats..."YOU WILL LIKE IT".

Seriously you can buy an Xbox One and don't have to plug Kinect in so why can't I just buy the console without it. I'm not going to use it either way.
Naga  +   306d ago
@ Foxtrot

"The Xbox One reveal, they had a totally different vision for the Xbox One then what they do now."

If you think Microsoft has dumped their vision of an all digital future, and an always-online gaming environment, you are sorely mistaken. In fact, if you think that's not the shared vision for both Microsoft and Sony for the future... you are sorely mistaken. Microsoft didn't change their vision for the Xbox One - they simply delayed it after realizing it was premature.

But don't worry, we all get it - you don't like Kinect, and you don't like Microsoft. You think Kinect is stupid and unnecessary, that the Xbox One underpowered and overpriced, and the Microsoft is arrogantly championing their own interests over those of the gamers. We get it.
#2.3.4 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report
EverydayGuy  +   306d ago
That is a good point. Hope Microsoft can re-capture its former glory from the 1st generation days.
frostypants  +   306d ago
Of course, the entire purpose of a business "vision" is to make money. It's funny how fast a vision will change if a different route will make more.

Also, their vision of an "all digital future" is completely separate of their vision for Kinect. They could drop Kinect entirely and have minimal (edit: zero) impact on the digital/always online plan.

Kinect is their R.O.B. Let it die. It's an unwanted expense with little practical value, no matter what they thought the potential was.

Face it, the technology STILL isn't ready for prime time. Maybe Kinect 3.0.

And I promise you, if their research shows beyond a doubt that they could sell significantly more hardware (and thus software) if they take Kinect out, they will, and they won't think twice about it. It's about money.
#2.3.6 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report
mushroomwig  +   306d ago
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. You should know what to expect as an early adopter because this is just the kind of thing that can happen.
jonboi24  +   306d ago
Though 3 months after launch is unheard of. Surprised the couldn't just launch at this price when they heard they heard the ps4 would be cheaper.
jimbobbeers  +   306d ago
The majority of early adopters aren't pissed, put your dummy back in.
N8  +   306d ago
Maybe they will do this in the US. I might hold off getting one for a bit longer
The Meerkat  +   306d ago
I'm in the UK and I'm holding off for the proper price drop.

Now I know Gears won't be on the PS4 i'll need an X1.
But there is no rush.
jasonc1213  +   306d ago
Titanfall is free with an X1 on Amazon and MS's website today. It's a good time to buy the console in the US IMO. I think the price drop in the UK is fair because (as I understand it) the cable TV integration doesn't work or work as well.
idontcare  +   306d ago
1st and most important rule: Everything MS does is wrong!!
Mexxan  +   306d ago
I bought an X1 last week. This is a fucking joke. They should at least gesture a consideration to recent buyers-something Apple are brilliant about. They knew they were going to do it for months. Disgusting.

MS truly are nickel and dimers. If I could sell it without a huge loss now I would.
#7 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
4logpc  +   306d ago
I'm not sure how things are in the UK but I'm sure wherever you purchased your console from has some sort of return/ price policy.
Mexxan  +   306d ago
Unfortunately not.
Calmed down a bit now-lol.
It's a sting for sure but glad I got the Box. As much as I love KZ, X1 has the better initial line up.

As for below-anti consumer doesn't fit.
#7.1.1 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
CharlesSwann  +   306d ago
Xbox is an anti-consumer product. If you buy it I don't see why you complain about being shafted. Your own fault.
4logpc  +   306d ago
Just go...please. Nobody wants your here.
4logpc  +   306d ago
And here we go. These types of pieces are gonna fly out.

Its $30, and UK always pays higher prices anyway. Plus pre orders got a free game.

I'm gonna say the same thing I said about the ps4 infamous bundle in a other comment. That was announced WEEKS ago and nobody said a dang thing except that's a good deal!

So now somehow Microsoft is the bad guy? Get over yourself.
#8 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
frostypants  +   306d ago
30 pounds = 50 dollars.
Gunstar75  +   306d ago
<day one adopter here>

Not bothered in the slightest.
jimbobbeers  +   306d ago
Me too.
DrChickenII  +   306d ago
I am still waiting for the Halo 5 Limited Edition before I give Xbone a go!
BelkingOfSony  +   306d ago
Micro$oft love to screw their diehard fanboys who buy consoles on day 1, because they know Microsoft fanboys are the most brainwashed loyal fanboys ever and keep buying their stuff, even if broken (rrod).

I bet they won't give anything free to the early adopters. Nintendo gave free games to the early adopters when the 3ds price drop happened.
#11 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
mhunterjr  +   306d ago
This is a stupid article. When you choose to buy something early, you are knowingly taking this "risk". It's hard to even call it a risk, because you bought the item at a price that you felt was reasonable (otherwise you wouldn't have bought it.) on top of that, as an early adopter you should want the company you support to make moves that lead to success. They could be stagnant, so as to avoid pissing off early adopters, then risk falling from relevancy altogether.

My motto, an item as worth exactly what people are willing to pay for it. If you didn't think it was worth $500, why did you buy it? Why didn't you wait? I you are upset by this, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Funny, I think more of the backlash was is from folks who aren't even xbox owners. Last week y'all were saying the xbox is 'too expensive'... Not enough bang for the buck...now they increase the value, and it's still a problem.
#12 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Hicken  +   306d ago
It's a rare occurrence, but I agree with you. Early adopters should be well aware that prices can and will drop. And there's nothing that says it'll be a year or more after a device releases. If the company feels the device needs a momentum boost and cutting the price will do so, guess what?

Price cut.

I can sorta see why some might be mad, if they're not using their heads, but that's really the risk of buying ANYTHING. Hell, it doesn't even have to be something you bought right at or near release.

It would be a nice gesture if Microsoft did something- and, honestly, they could use the good PR- but they're not obligated to.

This is no middle finger.
Ko_Uraki  +   306d ago
Early adopters got one+fifa/forza at 499 here in europe. No reason to complain
#13 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
mochachino  +   306d ago
They should give out something free like 6 months of Live. Nintendo gave out free games to early adopters after 3DS cut it's price so soon.

Any person looking for an xone should hold off to see if the price is lowered in their region in the comming months.
tehpees3  +   306d ago
I don't know who disagreed with you. You are correct. You can argue 3DS had a much bigger price slash but it also happened mid Summer.

While the price drop may not have been as big it was much faster.
KakashiHotake  +   306d ago
I wouldn't call it a middle finger. I'm not really a fan of Xbox One but their not going to get anywhere by standing still. I think this move is a step in the right direction considering they have no intentions on parting ways with the Kinect. Sometimes things don't always go as planned, so they have to do what they must in order to improve their situation.
#15 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
djplonker  +   306d ago
If sony follow suit and cut it to £300 or gave infamious free its game over!

The funny thing is they don't need to do it they are already flying off the shelves and I wouldn't be annoyed if it brought more gamers into "current gen" and in sonys corner!

Xbox one started at £430

ps4 £350

And the only way is down for both so unless ms take a MASSIVE hit or unbundle the kinect sony will just keep going lower!
#16 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Fireseed  +   306d ago
You do remember Jack Treton saying that they were waiting at E3 nervously to see the price of the X1, and that they were happy it was 500$ cause they COULDN'T go any lower than 400$
djplonker  +   306d ago
Yeah at the beggining but as you produce more the cheaper it gets and that was before the ps4 sold (5 mil?)

I would stake my life before the end of the year there will be a ps4/vita bundle for around £400!

@mhunterjr

Did you know for shenmue to make its money back every dreamcast owner would have had to buy 3 copies each?

Traditionally companys take a loss on the hardware and make it back with the software!

@fireseed

It is possible after the huge sucess at launch and the prices for both are only going to go down the more they make and sell means its is cheaper to produce hence they can shift that saving to the consumer if you think sony will just sit back and watch the competition drop the price and do nothing about it you are seriously wrong!
#16.1.1 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report
Fireseed  +   306d ago
@djplonker

I hope you don't plan on taking that commitment seriously, cause while Sony has show itself as VERY pro consumer. They're not stupid enough to drop their price with people buying it at a feverish rate while it's at 400$

EDIT: But that's our point... they aren't taking a loss on the console ATM so why the hell would they if people are already clamoring to get one?
#16.1.2 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report
mhunterjr  +   306d ago
What business school did you go to? Why would a company EVER have a price cut/ value increase while they can barely keep up with demand? It wouldn't help there sales at all, since they are already selling all they have. That's intentionally deciding AGAINST making money. Why would Sony decide to lose money, to win a fight that they are already winning?
Dlacy13g  +   306d ago
early adopters are risk takers period. You are buying in early cause you wanna be one of the first to have it. Its not about price its about getting your hands on it first. Anyone crying over being an early adopter has to realize this is part of the risk. If you wanna compete with the Jones's you need to be prepared to pay the price.
user9597082  +   306d ago
No it's not.
As an early adopter, I decided the my impatience was worth a higher price tag and a temporarily weaker game library.

Stop trying to turn a good thing into a bad thing you crappy journalist.
modesign  +   306d ago
if you buy micro products you should be used to getting the middle finger.
Fishy Fingers  +   306d ago
Being an early adaptor is always a "risk", you often pay a premium to be one of the first to own the device.

It's £30, hardly worth getting upset about. If you are, tough s***.
Kingoftherodeo  +   306d ago
i bought a day one on release date although we don't get a price cut in the us. the titanfall bundle is great, am i pissed about the price and people getting titanfall for free? No i bought mine release day like anything new i knew it was gonna drop in price it always does. its like buying anything during the holidays go back to the store I'm sure you are gonna find a better deal on it
#21 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KNWS  +   306d ago
Thats a sweet deal if you ask me. 30 off and game worth another 40 or 50.

I got my x box day one, and to be honest i couldn't care less about this, the more people on x box the better for x box and x box fans.
from the beach  +   306d ago
Articles like this are a middle finger to early adopters. If someone came up to me last November and offered me £30 to wait three months I'd have laughed at them.
SlapHappyJesus  +   306d ago
Wow.
So what you are saying is there should be no premium placed on those who want something day one and that companies shouldn't follow sales and adjust prices accordingly because of this . . .
ILikeGamesNotCorps  +   306d ago
It is not a middle finger at all you click baiting whore (or Sony FUD creator) . It is just business to try and increase sales. Would those early adopters prefer a smaller install base and thus less games in the long run? Think then post your drivel. It may improve the quality of your writing.
#25 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jmc8888  +   306d ago
Early adopters, at least after they bought their first product as one...probably by the time they are a teenager, know the risks of buying early.

With the Xbox One, it was a no-brainer. Everyone with one, knew it was badly positioned with a Kinect few wanted, and Microsoft supported even less.

They knew it was $100 more then the competitor, and less powerful. They knew the ESRAM was a bottleneck. They knew multiplatform games were going to perform more poorly.

These were all known facts well before the launch of the console, so anyone that buys such a console, should have known it was likely that there would be a price cut pretty soon afterwards, at least somewhere.

You don't even need to use the company name. Company X has a cheaper and better product and Company Y has a more expensive, worse product. What should Company Y do to compete with Company X? Price cut. Simple.

So everyone that gets pissed should only be mad at themselves, they knew what was coming from past history and painfully obvious information going around about the console that was such a hot topic before launch.

Now once we are beyond this, a price cut can only help out the gamers who bought early. Like others have said, the lower the price, more people will buy it. The more that buy it, the better it will be supported.

If Xbox One was kept at $499 for the next three years to appease morons who didn't think before their purchase, or didn't accept reality about price cuts of products adopted early, then these people would be left with a box that is far less supported by devs.

Xbox One owners should be PRAISING a price cut, because it will only help more games come out.

But it needs to go alot lower, and needs to be cheaper then the PS4. This will move the needle, but probably not by that much. Though I understand the mentality. It's MS's 2nd best market, the U.K., and the country most similar to its home market and thus target market. It also moved faster towards Sony this round then even the U.S. did. Also Titanfall, is a game that would tend to appeal more to US/UK market. It also had a higher price relative to the U.S.

Think of it this way, in the U.K., going by today's exchange rate, the 429 pound launch price would equal $712 price here in the U.S.

Now that is down to $662.

Man that is insane, as horribly as a $500 machine with a $100 in graphics guts inside looks bad, it looked even worse at $700.

So yes, why Microsoft fans, should expect UK Microsoft fans to pay $712 worth of money to buy an Xbox One or they'd be mad is asinine and only self-destructive.

In reality they need the U.S. price of the Xbox One down to $299-349, and 199-229 pounds. Then also buy/create 10 studios and have them hard at work on exclusive games that cannot look any better on another system, because they won't be on another system.
ramiuk1  +   306d ago
the extra is UK tax etc though.
although once tax etc taken off it works out about $40 more.

i was shocked they did price cut now before titan dropped,even more shocked that they dropped and included it.
Must be in more worrying times than folk thought.

they spend millions on exclusive rights then drop price of consoel and bundle the game.
Crazay  +   306d ago
"Early Adopters" have no reason to get their panties in a bunch over this. There are inherent risks to being an early adopter and when you buy something like this right away or within the "launch window" of 3-6 months of release.

Those risks are:
1. Potential launch day issues/glitches with the OS
2. Potential hardware failure or poor production quality of new technology being utilized in the unit
3. Potential price cuts/bundling to help drive sales of hardware

I know this and anyone with half a brain should know this. If you don't like it, then check your ego of being the first person among your friends with the new technology at the door and wait a year to buy it.
#27 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
mcarsehat  +   306d ago
no it isn't, its an inciting wave for possible late consumers. i don't feel insulted by this at all.
TristanPR77  +   306d ago
Funny,

Have you ever heard of a case where a woman is raped and then she defend the rapist saying: it wasn't a rape, it was for the good of things and I will give my a.. Once again if it is needed. He is a man and he has to feed his carnal needs so it wasn't a rape.

I'm reading that story right now in the xbone community comments.
#29 (Edited 306d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Wolfgang187  +   306d ago
It's not a middle finger to gamers. It's a hand suddenly breaking through the quicksand, reaching for help.
DoubleM70  +   305d ago
Nope it's actually competition to stay in the game. Also riding this TitanFall boom that's about to happen.
« 1 2 »

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PC) Review | Hardcore Gamer

3m ago - Hardcore Gamer: "Metal Gear Solid is one of the most revered franchises in gaming, containing som... | PC

DriveClub and compatible officially licensed Thrustmaster T80 RS racing wheel discounted

8m ago - DriveClub has been discounted to $39.99 while the compatible officially licensed Thrustmaster T80... | PS4

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: Prima Official Game Guide listed with release date

9m ago - The Final Fantasy Type-0 HD: Prima Official Game Guide has been listed with a release date. | PS4

Zero1gaming: Game of Thrones: Episode 1 - Iron From Ice

13m ago - Despite his lack of knowledge about the books, JBH stoically reviews 'Iron From Ice' the first ep... | PC

Start Making Games for the PS4

What Makes a Gimmick (And How Can We Avoid Them)?

13m ago - A “gimmick” is an unusual feature in a game that breaks convention in some way. It could be a uni... | Wii