Submitted by Abriael 341d ago | news

News on Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III Coming “in the Near Future”

During last night's Japanese launch event of the PS4, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III Producer Shinji Hashimoto had a few words to say about the games under his care. (Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, PS4, Xbox One)

Irishguy95  +   341d ago | Well said
Yeah but with you guys 'soon' could mean anything from 1 week to 1 decade
#1 (Edited 341d ago ) | Agree(52) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Salooh  +   341d ago
I think it's real this time. The game obviously can't be created on last gen so they hold it. Powerful consoles are available so they can do what ever they want. This will be the start of real great final fantasy games because people will support this great game.
#1.1 (Edited 341d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
adventureghost124  +   341d ago
No they could of pulled it off, but everytime they would try to do something, they got pulled away to do more crap on FF13, so it would get suspended, and suspended, and suspended, until eventually they pushed it so far back that they had to move it on to the next generation. They could have been done 13 versus a loooooong time ago, but nope now its FF15. And sure there is the possibility it could be better than it was going to be, but with all of these changes they've put into it, having to develop it for 2 consoles, and Square just making poor decisions after poor decisions, I'm not sure its going to be the game that it could be. We're never going to see Square Soft again and that's that I don't think we will ever get games of Soft's quality ever again.
Craigatorian  +   341d ago
@adventureghosts124
Don't say that! We can't give up yet! -turns off lights, goes to dark corner- I can't give up on my childhood yet.....
Salooh  +   341d ago
Lol

It's good that you don't have expectations. When it's released we all gonna know if it's as good or not. All i'm asking for is an announcement of release date early this year so that we get the game next year.
Magicite  +   341d ago
once they release ff14 on ps4, they can throw all resources on FF15 and with PS4 selling so fast, we can this game released as soon as next year.
jazzlover511  +   341d ago
My thoughts exactly. It happens all the time.
reko  +   341d ago
yes they keep saying that.. meaning yrs from now!
colonel179  +   341d ago
He did say that Square Enix was waiting for the PS4 to sell at least 4 million to release Final Fantasy XV. It's now at 5.2 million plus Japan's launch, so he really must have news abut it very very soon.
#1.5 (Edited 341d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
vegnadragon  +   341d ago
Please be excited!
sonic989  +   341d ago
lets hope its somewhere around 2015 or early 2016
Abash  +   341d ago
Final Fantasy XV needs to be released soon, it's been in development for about a decade. Kingdom Hears III should not be rushed, I want SE to really take their time with it
colonel179  +   341d ago
^ this!

Even if they halted production or started over with Final Fantasy XV, they should be almost done. Although we now know that the delay is because they are now releasing the game on Xbox One, so yet again they screw PS fans so that they can do the Xbox version.

Kingdom Hearts should take no more than 3 years to release. For me, it's a shame that the original team is not working on it since they are still stuck with FFXV. I wish they should finish it quickly so they can focus on KH 3 as it should be.
Godmars290  +   341d ago
Until there's a date and a demo, please stop bothering me...
Abriael  +   341d ago
You can always ignore it. Hashimoto didn't exactly knock at your door to deliver the news.

When Square Enix is involved, you very much seem to WANT to be bothered.
#3.1 (Edited 341d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
Chard  +   341d ago
We've all been through this many times before. We don't want to hear about 'news in the near future', we'd rather have a release date now or nothing at all.
Abriael  +   341d ago
@Chard: then don't read?

The headline said it all. Didn't need to click on it. Either you're masochistic, or trolling :D
Godmars290  +   341d ago
"You can always ignore it."

Not when its been over eight years, weeks of hype surrounding an announcement, then "please be excited" and maybe a trailer which is very different from the last one shown.

When I just "ignore it", when you don't have to worry about me making comments in such articles, that means the next FF or Square release will likely sell one million instead of three.

I and others wont be that bothered.
DragonKnight  +   341d ago
Abriael you're a very abrasive person when it comes to your own articles and any dissenting opinions, I always see you attack people. Is it unfathomable for you that people are tired about hearing that news is coming only to be met with a "new" trailer that shows the exact same footage, only touched up? Or that there is no news to talk about? Or that if there is news, it's behind closed doors and can't be talked about?

You tell people to ignore it, but they clearly have an interest in FFXV, they just want REAL information, not minutia meant to tide people over. The game has been in development since before the PS3 launched, that's 8 years minimum. Everyone has a right to be jaded at this point. And if YOU don't like it, guess what you can do. That's right, follow your own advice. And, might I add, stop treating your own articles they are your first born children. You're a writer, get used to criticism. I shouldn't even have to say that when no one criticized you (except me just now) and you're still on the offensive.
imtheman2013  +   341d ago
Near future? So I can expect information in about the same time as I can expect my jet-pack.
denero1  +   341d ago
I left my unborn son a a email telling him about the game I never got to play hopefully with luck he can play the demo and write his son a future video message detailing the demo
Crossbones  +   341d ago
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I want to hear something now.
Dark11  +   341d ago
"Near Future"

Suuurrreee whatever you say Hashimoto.
EXVirtual  +   339d ago
Well, he probably means E3 2014.
Isn't Destination PlayStation coming up soon though? My bets still go to E3, but it's a possibility that we could se something.
IRapeLolis  +   341d ago
Soon? Define Soon SquareEnix....
HeartlessGamer  +   341d ago
I think we will hear more news about these games at Sony's E3 this year I hope
#8 (Edited 341d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
barb_wire  +   341d ago
So, 2017 & 2018 it is then.. /s
Capt-FuzzyPants  +   341d ago
Is it sarcasm though?
Nate-Dog  +   341d ago
Please be excited.
videgamenext1  +   341d ago
So im confident if final fantasy doesnt release until 2016, kingdom hearts 3 will be a 2020 title on ps5
Salooh  +   341d ago
My guess is early next year :)
videgamenext1  +   340d ago
I wouldnt get my hopes that high. We have barely seen or heard anything about both titles honestly. If they are not at e3 this year dont bank on them coming next year.
Summons75  +   341d ago
I'm ready when you are =]
CrossingEden  +   341d ago
Near future...how about NOW!
#13 (Edited 341d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Lucreto  +   341d ago
E3 more than likely.
azshorty2003  +   340d ago
...of which year?
muttsurini  +   341d ago
We will be seeing first a ff15 then after 2-3 years a kingdom hearts release.
Inception  +   341d ago
"Please be excited"
moujahed  +   341d ago
December is coming in the near future. I see their psychic powers match mines pretty well.
persona4chie  +   341d ago
Its not like we've never heard that one before
MonChiChi  +   341d ago
Same crap different toilet.
gano  +   341d ago
So by the time it comes out, we can go to boobies and celebrate.

But will it be dandy?
MonChiChi  +   341d ago
Hhaha knowing SE, the FFXV launch party will be at boobies.
DEATHxTHExKIDx  +   341d ago
I wanna say first half of 2015.
2v1  +   341d ago
fuk square, we growing old here and they ask us to wait some more for some fucking news, go to freacking hell square just die already
#21 (Edited 341d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
feraldrgn  +   341d ago
Eight years later.

I can't imagine the level of disappointment we'll feel once VersusXIII/XV is actually released.

Fingers crossed SE doesn't go under before it releases, that would be a big slap in the face.
#22 (Edited 341d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Oh_Yeah  +   341d ago
Don't care. Where is ff vs 13 ? That actually looked good.
Oh_Yeah  +   340d ago
Oh final fantasy 15 is versus 13! That's good to know.
denero1  +   341d ago
It won't be able to live up to the hype now it's been to long they forced three adventures of lighting on us when all we wanted was one then they changed it from exclusive to multi-platform while still giving us more lightning
bienio  +   341d ago
So now please anonunce Pc version and everybody will be happy😉
listenkids  +   341d ago
By the time XV is released, we will have had 4 Uncharted games and TLOU, which are all high quality. So wtf is the deal over there.
kenshiro100  +   340d ago
I grow tired of Square and their nonsense.

Here's a possible solution to Dying Light's error #CE-37700-7

9m ago - Are you trying to download Dying Light, but the error #CE-37700-7 is ruining your days? Try this... | PC

All Eyes On Atlus As They Announce New 36 Hour Stream For Persona

16m ago - It’s been over one year since Atlus initially announced Persona 5, the fifth entry in their flags... | PS3

Rollers of the Realm Review | Gamer's Temple

17m ago - By Ned Jordan: Games that are a novel mash-up of genres tend to be either surprising successes (... | PS4

Makai Shin Trillion’s combat system detailed

17m ago - Scans of this week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation have hit, bringing with it a bevvy of new mater... | PS Vita

Start Making Games for the PS4

Blauwprint Games hoping to bring Flippin’ Phones to PS Vita

18m ago - We get the latest on Super Flippin’ Phones by Blauwprint Games, a two-man game developer from Gr... | PS Vita