Submitted by MikeEaton 537d ago | news

Xbox One Valentine's Advertisement is...Interesting

Twinfinite writes, "In keeping with their current trend of messaging that further alienates its fanbase and perplexes the public at large, Microsoft has unveiled a new advertisement, declaring the Xbox One to be "The Perfect Valentine's Day Date."" (Culture, Industry, Tag Invalid, Xbox One)

XiSasukeUchiha  +   537d ago
Ummm ok MS this weird, disturbing, loner, desperate, sad, and anything i can come up with any word that describe how I'm feeling with this AD.

P.S. No life was well lol
#1 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(23) | Report | Reply
GusHasGas  +   537d ago
Yeah, this pic is pretty odd in general... Also, by posting this pic, it just seems like Microsoft is saying "LOL we know none of you have girlfriends. Just play the Xbox One, losers! And if you already have a gf, ditch her!"

I may be overreacting and exaggerating but that's just what it comes across as to me.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   537d ago
I'd rather stay home with my Xbox than trolling for a girl to throw gifts at and taker her places all evening.

When the time comes, then the time came. but in the mean time my evening will be with friends and Xbox.

Just saying.
Infamous298  +   537d ago
further feeding the stereo type that gamers are introverted losers who cant get a date. Stay classy MS.
DJustinUNCHAIND   537d ago | Off topic | show | Replies(1)
True_Samurai   537d ago | Off topic | show
Mr Pumblechook  +   537d ago
Silly advert because it gives the impression that people who have an Xbone are unlovable loners who can't get a date and have no alternative but to stay in and play on their console.

On second thought maybe it hits the right note as Microsoft know their audience better than anyone!
Mystogan  +   537d ago
If this was a Sony ad you would be like, " omg they understand us so well PS4 ftw"

why is everyone so sensitive? It's just an ad..
Mr Pumblechook  +   537d ago
@Mystogan. Jokes aside it's not a good ad even if it was Sony or Nintendo who were running it. Maybe the ad company thought it would appeal to the gamer geeks who felt lonely on Valentines Day but it doesn't portray Microsoft's customers in a flattering light. That's not a criticism of Xbone users, its a criticism of the advert.
MikeEaton  +   537d ago
You have my solemn promise that next time Sony releases a dumb advertisement, I'll make just as much fun as them. :)
NeoTribe  +   537d ago
You guys always say "what if sony said" blah blah blah. Heres the shocker though, sony never does these crazy things micro does lol. Sony doesnt screw us over, so we dont have to learn how to lube our rears.
jackanderson1985  +   537d ago
well as has been shown by those vids by xbox trolls... there is some hot lesbian searches done by the kinect voice commands... get a bucket of chicken (it's always a bucket of chicken) and the kinect and hey presto a "date"... or even better if you're in the UK (unsure if it's in the US) you can pipe your tv through it and watch Babestation... they'll even pretend to care about you

i jest i jest

this looks like something reddit would do... too harmless for 4chan
#2 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
Starbucks_Fan  +   537d ago | Funny
You know what a Xbox One and a girl have in common? They both have a paywall.
ground_beef  +   537d ago
Nice one, loool
True_Samurai  +   537d ago
Ikr I dated a girl who was like a ps4 she was gorgeous but she just didn't deliver the quality :-/

↓↓ calm down jack we're just making jokes
#3.2 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(22) | Report | Reply
rdgneoz3  +   537d ago
Cost less for more? Was F2P and you didn't have to pay money each month to use? If you decided to spend money each month, you got cool new things from her instead of stuff several years old?
nope111   537d ago | Bad language | show
SliceOfTruth888   537d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(3)
corvusmd   537d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(2)
OrangePowerz  +   537d ago
reinforcing stereotypes that gamers don`t have a girlfriend/boyfriend?

What`s next advertisement that portrays gamers as fat and living at home in the basement when they are in their thirtieths?
ground_beef  +   537d ago
Dude, am pretty offended by ur comment, I am already on a diet, am tryin to find work so I can move out of my parents basement, and there's nothing I can do about my age.

:-( :,-( :-((

Lol
#7.1 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
rainslacker  +   537d ago
Maybe they're trying to tell girls that their boyfriends want a X1 for valentines day. Because we all know that many girlfriends buy $500 devices for their boyfriends that take attention away from them.
Back-to-Back  +   536d ago
MTN Dew and Doritos
jimjam3442  +   537d ago
"damnit jed its my turn to use the sexbox".
SteamPowered  +   537d ago
"Its my sexbox! And her name is Sony."

Family guy bit in case you missed it. ^^
#8.1 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   537d ago
LOL

That was so funny.

jimjam3442  +   537d ago
man why do i get the disagrees, and you get the agrees for finishing my joke? damn haters.
rainslacker  +   537d ago
disagrees are funny because the Sony in question in the bit was just a VCR. People make everything into the console war.
#8.2 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
jimjam3442  +   537d ago
yeah lol i knew that, i guess not many people watched family guy in its golden days.
Damageinc84  +   537d ago
It originally said V-Day and they changed it. I took a screenshot of the original ad. Very weird indeed.
Christopher  +   537d ago
V-Day has a lot more meaning. In the U.S., it usually refers to the victory over Germany in WW2.

RosweeSon  +   537d ago
Yeah the perfect Valentines day deal in the fact it's overpriced crap being sold as a special day when in actual fact every day should be Valentines if your with someone you love, xbox Jog On!
Dlacy13g  +   537d ago
Given V-Day is utter BS and just an excuse for Hallmark to make money I tend to agree with the ad. I will happily play some games on the 14th.

btw...I am married with a kid. I don't need some Hallmark Holiday to remind me I should be loving to my wife or do something special for her. If I do need a day out of the year to remind me to do that, then I probably shouldn't be married.
WeAreLegion  +   537d ago
Might as well be a scene from Big Bang Theory.
NoLongerHereCBA  +   537d ago
I think people overreact to a lot of things that are being displayed on the internet and can't take things for what they are. Everything has to have a deeper meaning and mostly people search for the bad things if they feel like it.

If I had no girlfriend I guess I would feel extra bad since the Xbox One hasn't been released here yet?

I just take this ad for what it is; a simple "joke".
#13 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Ipunchbabiesforfun  +   537d ago
So basically insult your future customers by calling them losers? Way go to MS!
Dlacy13g  +   537d ago
LOL... MS isn't calling them losers. I believe you are the one who thinks being at home playing a game on your console on Valentines Day makes you a loser.
Ipunchbabiesforfun  +   537d ago
Of course it does. If the best "date" you have on Valentine's day is with your gaming console you need to get out more.
GirlOnFire  +   537d ago
Wtf, you mean like this?
Ugh I don't think its working but on YouTube its an video called "If Xbox One was a Girl."

Related video
#15 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
xarexerax  +   537d ago
Microsoft's entire marketing effort for the Xbox One is a joke. They count on decades-old, tired stereotypes of gamers, and expect us to either laugh and lap it up, or feel offended and still generate the buzz they're looking for -- it's like a multimillion-dollar troll job.

I'm really not sure what they're going for here, aside from proving that they still haven't learned anything about their actual fanbase. At this point, I'd consider it willful ignorance, if I thought that anyone was actually dedicating any meaningful thought to any piece of the campaign - Microsoft knows that even if not a single person is swayed by any of their ads, their product will still sell, and they'll rake in money.
JeffGUNZ  +   537d ago
Its a funny ad, relax.
djplonker  +   537d ago
After 6 years of advertising doritos and mountin dew I am not surprised they think thier fans have no one to love them XD
DanielGearSolid  +   537d ago
Its just a joke

Atleast it's not one of their signature attack ads
Gunstar75  +   537d ago
"Further alienates its fan base".

..?

Was the author on his period or something. Since when did gamers become such premadonas?
Convas  +   537d ago
Hey look, another fake controversy!

The Five Most Memorable Moments in the Metal Gear Solid Franchise

59m ago - After multiple screenshots, trailers and not to mention the Konami-Kojima debacle, Metal Gear Sol... | PS2

Dungeon Souls - SteamFirst Review

1h ago - SteamFirst: I got to check out a very cool game I never would have looked at twice. Dungeon Souls... | PC

'Warhammer: Arcane Magic' - a Digital Boardgame for iOS

Now - Arcane Magic is a turn based strategy game set in the Warhammer universe. Play it now on Ipad and Iphone. | Promoted post

New Pollen Screenshots Revealed

1h ago - VRFocus reports on indie developer Mindfield Games releasing new screenshots of virtual reality (... | PC

5 New Things Xbox One Owners Should Be Excited About

1h ago - Microsoft just made a bunch of announcements The annual Gamescom 2015 conference in Cologne fe... | Xbox One

The Summer “Lull” is the Best Time of Year in Gaming

1h ago - The so-called summer lull sometimes appears to be the dark-ages of gaming releases. In my mind, I... | PC