Submitted by MikeEaton 463d ago | news

Xbox One Valentine's Advertisement is...Interesting

Twinfinite writes, "In keeping with their current trend of messaging that further alienates its fanbase and perplexes the public at large, Microsoft has unveiled a new advertisement, declaring the Xbox One to be "The Perfect Valentine's Day Date."" (Culture, Industry, Tag Invalid, Xbox One)

XiSasukeUchiha  +   463d ago
Ummm ok MS this weird, disturbing, loner, desperate, sad, and anything i can come up with any word that describe how I'm feeling with this AD.

P.S. No life was well lol
#1 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(23) | Report | Reply
GusHasGas  +   463d ago
Yeah, this pic is pretty odd in general... Also, by posting this pic, it just seems like Microsoft is saying "LOL we know none of you have girlfriends. Just play the Xbox One, losers! And if you already have a gf, ditch her!"

I may be overreacting and exaggerating but that's just what it comes across as to me.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   463d ago
I'd rather stay home with my Xbox than trolling for a girl to throw gifts at and taker her places all evening.

When the time comes, then the time came. but in the mean time my evening will be with friends and Xbox.

Just saying.
Infamous298  +   462d ago
further feeding the stereo type that gamers are introverted losers who cant get a date. Stay classy MS.
DJustinUNCHAIND   463d ago | Off topic | show | Replies(1)
True_Samurai   463d ago | Off topic | show
Mr Pumblechook  +   463d ago
Silly advert because it gives the impression that people who have an Xbone are unlovable loners who can't get a date and have no alternative but to stay in and play on their console.

On second thought maybe it hits the right note as Microsoft know their audience better than anyone!
Mystogan  +   463d ago
If this was a Sony ad you would be like, " omg they understand us so well PS4 ftw"

why is everyone so sensitive? It's just an ad..
Mr Pumblechook  +   463d ago
@Mystogan. Jokes aside it's not a good ad even if it was Sony or Nintendo who were running it. Maybe the ad company thought it would appeal to the gamer geeks who felt lonely on Valentines Day but it doesn't portray Microsoft's customers in a flattering light. That's not a criticism of Xbone users, its a criticism of the advert.
MikeEaton  +   463d ago
You have my solemn promise that next time Sony releases a dumb advertisement, I'll make just as much fun as them. :)
NeoTribe  +   462d ago
You guys always say "what if sony said" blah blah blah. Heres the shocker though, sony never does these crazy things micro does lol. Sony doesnt screw us over, so we dont have to learn how to lube our rears.
jackanderson1985  +   463d ago
well as has been shown by those vids by xbox trolls... there is some hot lesbian searches done by the kinect voice commands... get a bucket of chicken (it's always a bucket of chicken) and the kinect and hey presto a "date"... or even better if you're in the UK (unsure if it's in the US) you can pipe your tv through it and watch Babestation... they'll even pretend to care about you

i jest i jest

this looks like something reddit would do... too harmless for 4chan
#2 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
Starbucks_Fan  +   463d ago | Funny
You know what a Xbox One and a girl have in common? They both have a paywall.
ground_beef  +   463d ago
Nice one, loool
True_Samurai  +   463d ago
Ikr I dated a girl who was like a ps4 she was gorgeous but she just didn't deliver the quality :-/

↓↓ calm down jack we're just making jokes
#3.2 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(22) | Report | Reply
rdgneoz3  +   463d ago
Cost less for more? Was F2P and you didn't have to pay money each month to use? If you decided to spend money each month, you got cool new things from her instead of stuff several years old?
nope111   463d ago | Bad language | show
SliceOfTruth888   463d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(3)
corvusmd   463d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(2)
OrangePowerz  +   463d ago
reinforcing stereotypes that gamers don`t have a girlfriend/boyfriend?

What`s next advertisement that portrays gamers as fat and living at home in the basement when they are in their thirtieths?
ground_beef  +   463d ago
Dude, am pretty offended by ur comment, I am already on a diet, am tryin to find work so I can move out of my parents basement, and there's nothing I can do about my age.

:-( :,-( :-((

Lol
#7.1 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
rainslacker  +   463d ago
Maybe they're trying to tell girls that their boyfriends want a X1 for valentines day. Because we all know that many girlfriends buy $500 devices for their boyfriends that take attention away from them.
Back-to-Back  +   462d ago
MTN Dew and Doritos
jimjam3442  +   463d ago
"damnit jed its my turn to use the sexbox".
SteamPowered  +   463d ago
"Its my sexbox! And her name is Sony."

Family guy bit in case you missed it. ^^
#8.1 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
MasterCornholio  +   463d ago
LOL

That was so funny.

jimjam3442  +   463d ago
man why do i get the disagrees, and you get the agrees for finishing my joke? damn haters.
rainslacker  +   463d ago
disagrees are funny because the Sony in question in the bit was just a VCR. People make everything into the console war.
#8.2 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
jimjam3442  +   462d ago
yeah lol i knew that, i guess not many people watched family guy in its golden days.
Damageinc84  +   463d ago
It originally said V-Day and they changed it. I took a screenshot of the original ad. Very weird indeed.
Christopher  +   463d ago
V-Day has a lot more meaning. In the U.S., it usually refers to the victory over Germany in WW2.

RosweeSon  +   463d ago
Yeah the perfect Valentines day deal in the fact it's overpriced crap being sold as a special day when in actual fact every day should be Valentines if your with someone you love, xbox Jog On!
Dlacy13g  +   463d ago
Given V-Day is utter BS and just an excuse for Hallmark to make money I tend to agree with the ad. I will happily play some games on the 14th.

btw...I am married with a kid. I don't need some Hallmark Holiday to remind me I should be loving to my wife or do something special for her. If I do need a day out of the year to remind me to do that, then I probably shouldn't be married.
WeAreLegion  +   463d ago
Might as well be a scene from Big Bang Theory.
NoLongerHereCBA  +   463d ago
I think people overreact to a lot of things that are being displayed on the internet and can't take things for what they are. Everything has to have a deeper meaning and mostly people search for the bad things if they feel like it.

If I had no girlfriend I guess I would feel extra bad since the Xbox One hasn't been released here yet?

I just take this ad for what it is; a simple "joke".
#13 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Ipunchbabiesforfun  +   463d ago
So basically insult your future customers by calling them losers? Way go to MS!
Dlacy13g  +   463d ago
LOL... MS isn't calling them losers. I believe you are the one who thinks being at home playing a game on your console on Valentines Day makes you a loser.
Ipunchbabiesforfun  +   463d ago
Of course it does. If the best "date" you have on Valentine's day is with your gaming console you need to get out more.
GirlOnFire  +   463d ago
Wtf, you mean like this?
Ugh I don't think its working but on YouTube its an video called "If Xbox One was a Girl."

Related video
#15 (Edited 463d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
xarexerax  +   463d ago
Microsoft's entire marketing effort for the Xbox One is a joke. They count on decades-old, tired stereotypes of gamers, and expect us to either laugh and lap it up, or feel offended and still generate the buzz they're looking for -- it's like a multimillion-dollar troll job.

I'm really not sure what they're going for here, aside from proving that they still haven't learned anything about their actual fanbase. At this point, I'd consider it willful ignorance, if I thought that anyone was actually dedicating any meaningful thought to any piece of the campaign - Microsoft knows that even if not a single person is swayed by any of their ads, their product will still sell, and they'll rake in money.
JeffGUNZ  +   463d ago
Its a funny ad, relax.
djplonker  +   463d ago
After 6 years of advertising doritos and mountin dew I am not surprised they think thier fans have no one to love them XD
DanielGearSolid  +   463d ago
Its just a joke

Atleast it's not one of their signature attack ads
Gunstar75  +   463d ago
"Further alienates its fan base".

..?

Was the author on his period or something. Since when did gamers become such premadonas?
Convas  +   463d ago
Hey look, another fake controversy!

12 Delectable Facts About The Arcade Classic ‘Pac-Man’

1h ago - How many billions did Pac-Man make? What was his original name? Did Ms. Pac-Man have a shady past... | Retro

Fractured Space Adds New Carriers and Crew

2h ago - Have you been keeping track of Fractured Space? It’s the latest game from Edge Case Games, you kn... | PC

See what games are coming out in 2015

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2015. | Promoted post

Video Game Worlds That Are Deceptively Friendly

2h ago - While living in a video game world might sound like a great idea, you should probably reconsider... | Culture

Steampunks - Grand Theft Auto V (PC)

3h ago - Nick commits several crimes against nature by using mods in Grand Theft Auto V’s PC release. | PC

Rocket League Preview At Skewed And Reviewed

3h ago - Skewed and Reviewed have posted a preview of the pending Rocket League which mixes fast cars and... | PC