Submitted by Rashid Sayed 317d ago | rumor

Serious Bug: PS4 Automatically Deleting Games From Library

"This hardly seems to be an isolated incident as several users have reported similar issues in the past. While the game's data files are deleted, it seems the save files are relatively safe. " (PS4)

Alternative Sources
Doubtful
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 223
« 1 2 »
PSN-JeRzYzFyNeSt  +   317d ago
feel bad for whoever has that problem
i mean you can just download them again
#1 (Edited 317d ago ) | Agree(44) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
psychmnts  +   317d ago
Yeah I can, but still frustrating when my connection isn't bad but isn't exactly the fastest, luckily the largest games I have are disc based but since this has happened I won't be downloading large games via psn anytime soon.
ZodTheRipper  +   317d ago
All my games are PSN downloads and I fortunately haven't experienced this yet.
ChronoJoe  +   316d ago
I've heard my friends have this before. But they found out what it was, if you go to close application by highlighting it on the main menu it's very easy to accidental click 'delete application', it's right next to 'close application'.

It doesn't ask you to confirm the deletion like most software. It just disappears as if you closed the app. Best bet is to get into the habit of closing apps by holding the ps button rather than through the main menu.
#1.1.2 (Edited 316d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(6) | Report
elmaton98  +   316d ago
Well most of my games on ps4 are digital and nothing more and I dont have problems with my save games or my original games.
Prime157  +   316d ago
Anyone in tech support well tell us that many problems are user error. Whether it's not paying attention or not understanding how the software works, many are user error.
ovnipc  +   317d ago
It happen to me two times both cod and killzone got deleted. And the campaign for both. It didnt allowed me to recover it from the cloud. I had to start again. Fix it soon plz.
ninjagoat  +   317d ago
@ovnipc No big loss with Ghosts ;). Tbh id trade that sob towards something else.
Shnooze  +   317d ago
Why does this comment get disagrees?
Kribwalker  +   317d ago | Funny
Because it is putting the ps4 into a negative light on psn4g.com
Dgander  +   317d ago | Well said
@Shnooze N4G is a Sony Pony stable. Everything Sony does is automatically right and Microsoft and Nintendo is wrong by default.
BLuTheSecond  +   316d ago
@Dgander,

Well everything Nintendo does is actually wrong so at least that part is factual. lol
ThunderSpark  +   316d ago
@Kribwalker & Dgander:

If you don't like N4G then there's IGN, gamespot, kotaku, destructoid, and many more. Go over there and stop crying on every article about how much you don't like the site. Your secret agendas do not work here. Good night.
PS3Freak  +   316d ago
@Kribwalker

I still remember when this site was mostly Xbox fans back in 07 when the PS3 was really struggling.

They all disappeared when the PS3 started to turn things around.

Oh how times have changed.
AceBlazer13  +   316d ago
That's bs cause even if a game gets deleted the saves are unaffected. If your telling the truth then your really bad lucky. What are the chances of a game, a local save and cloud save being lost. Maybe someone unplugged your ps4 while it was in standby.
Prime157  +   316d ago
Dgander, if n4g is, "a Sony Pony stable." Then why did you get more agrees than disagrees? Naturally, the stable would have flooded "disagree."

Fanboys on both sides are the worst, the majority are relatively neutral and just love their games. One week it's xbox fanboys complaining about Sony fanboys, then the next week it's Sony complaining about xbox.
Kribwalker  +   315d ago
@ps3freak
All those idiots that were crapping all over the ps3 are now the ones crapping all over the Xbox one. You guys have just converted them onto the ps4 bandwagon and to that I say good riddance. I didn't like it when those idiots were on the xbox side either. I don't really care either way tho, I typically buy all systems every generation so I can play all the exclusives, it's just really annoying to see threads blow up with people saying stupid crap all the time when both companies are money hungry corporations that main concern is their bottom line and people get so defensive and idiotic posting the same things over and over.
wsoutlaw87  +   317d ago
Its probably corrupt data, not the ps4 just deleting it. Maybe it wasnt turned off correctly or there is a hdd issue.
troylazlow  +   317d ago
That sucks! Not having any issues with my XB1
Rockstar  +   317d ago
not very stealthy trolling

OT:

That sucks! Not having any issues with my PS4

Edit: I did upgrade my HDD to a 1TB hybrid though.
#1.4.1 (Edited 317d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(5) | Report
insomnium2  +   317d ago
Could you even be more offtopic?
MetaReapre  +   317d ago
Could you troll a lil bit harder next time? I'm not even the slightest bit moved by what you said. Glad your having no issues though.

Anyway, back on topic, I haven't experienced it yet but is it a growing issue? I wouldn't want it happening to me. Too many downloaded games. Lol
Azuske  +   317d ago
I find it very weird that all these people are having so many software issues and hardware issues but I haven't happened to have one problem.
Neonridr  +   316d ago
Because if it doesn't happen to you it can't be true? Wow, does the world revolve around you now too?
Azuske  +   316d ago
LOL I love how people add on to what I'm saying just to get some agrees -_- Sorry, I mean't my group of friends but just for the sake of being an ass I'll say yes it revolves around me and the various other people that have never experienced this "issue". @neonridr

My point behind this is that it seems to be isolated because my 3 friends and I have yet to have one problem besides one of us receiving a DOA PS4 on launch day but that was easily fixed with a replacement.
#1.5.2 (Edited 316d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report
Tetsujin  +   317d ago
So I'm not the only one who experienced this then; I had it occur with Resogun and Zen Pinball. Saves were there however the games vanished, and I know I didn't delete them. Good news is at least someone else is reporting this so it can at least be investigated.
Sayai jin  +   317d ago
Agreed. It unfortunate to those who experience this. A patch will should come out soon to remedy this issue.
truefan1  +   317d ago
Yea this isn't good, something is definitely wrong on the software side of the ps4. It sucks Sony is making fans wait until the Japan launch for an update. Too many reported bugs for the ps4 since launch.
suicidalblues  +   316d ago
I've had a bunch of "bugs" too. My ps4 seems to play all my multi-plats in higher resolution and more fps than my xbone. I hope it's not a hardware issue.
OutcastMosquito  +   317d ago
I had a similar problem, when I first got my PS4 whenever I would change users it would delete my save data for games which was a total buzzkill... I haven't experienced that problem for a while now and hope someone can relate. BF4 deletes my campaign save EVERY time I connect online, anyone ever have that happen??
3-4-5  +   316d ago
As long as the save file remains, this is just a small bump.

If the save file is gone, it's enough to kill off the love or want to continue playing a certain game and may lead to you never continuing on with that series again.

It happens.

Hopefully it's fixed.
Neonridr  +   316d ago
lol, like BF4's campaign progress getting reset? Happened to me twice. Fortunately the second time I played it I did it on Hard, got all the collectibles, and got all the trophies in one run. So while my campaign progress is gone, at least I have all the SP trophies achieved.
AnEwGuY  +   316d ago
Never heard of a data cap I see.
PudgeySan  +   316d ago
K, First off, The title of this article.. for one, Cancer is serious, Your games being deleted of your ps4 is a first world problem and should be chalked up with dropping your iPhone when your drunk or the water isn't hot enough cause your roommate takes amazingly long showers. Seriously gamers now a days bitch about ever little small detail to the point where they just bitch and don't actually play games. I can understand if it's a recent EA game, I mean they couldn't fix bugs to save there own lives but seriously, Any other issues is usually resolved in like a week or 2.. Do we really need an update ever time a bug is found !!! .. Yes !!! we do, cause that's what is fun, Bitching !!!

P>S - Total Rant.
darkride66  +   316d ago
So 4-5 people on Reddit reported this? Wow! Stop the presses! That's some great reporting there. They should really confirm on Twitter that there's a problem. Thanks, GamingBolt!
miDnIghtEr20C_SfF  +   316d ago
Looks like they should of delayed the PS4 too. None of these consoles were ready to come out in 2013.
sckipt  +   316d ago
Yes but people cannot stand the minute wait.
thomasellis83  +   317d ago
SAY WHAAAAAA!
Tedakin  +   317d ago
Saves are safe tho? Then no biggie.
#3 (Edited 317d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
xYLeinen  +   317d ago
If you have PS+ they will be for sure..
sckipt  +   316d ago
why would you not have PS+ on a ps4?
daboosa  +   317d ago
Trying to have a dig me thinks.
Come up with something better!
BlackCarrot  +   317d ago
Publishing a known and serious bug is having a dig? Do come up with something better mate.
psychmnts  +   317d ago
Not trying to have a dig at all, its been happening for the last 2 months and I was keen to solve it through Sony, however eventually it seemed like they were unsure so rather than wait for it to happen again another few weeks down the line I preferred to replace my console.
Eonjay  +   317d ago
Sounds about right. I would have done the same thing. Makes it sound like a potential HDD issue with affected units. I think if it was "serious" you would have heard a lot more complaints over the last 2 months. Still good to know. I like being aware lol.
Milruka  +   317d ago
"Next-Gen"

It so bad it doesn't even want you to play it.
quaneylfc  +   316d ago
this will triple feb 15th :P
Master-H  +   316d ago
So how did SimCity and Diablo III treated ya, PC fella ;)
Milruka  +   316d ago
Don't know, I don't play bad games.
SharnOfTheDEAD  +   317d ago
Could be pissed off partners deleting the games because some people spend too much time on PS4 lmao
kopicha  +   317d ago
have the same thought too. over months i have 0 stuffs that is being "automatically" or "magically" disappearing on my console. And I am the only user on it in my house since it was in my own room.
Visiblemarc  +   317d ago
You might be joking, but that's exactly what I was thinking. These isolated incidents could be pranks, angry roommates, girlfriends/boyfriends and siblings.

Not saying there isn't a potential issue, but honestly hard to say.
zerog  +   317d ago
You forgot children. My kids probably play more then me and they're pretty sharp for their ages but I know some peoples kids who have inadvertently deleted stuff from consoles, pcs ect.
KakashiHotake  +   317d ago
Yet another reason I'm glad I decided to wait. These next gen consoles got way too many bugs. I
leogets  +   317d ago
Well your missing out on awesome games waiting bud... These issues are minimal and thats even if they happen at all! Don't believe everything you read on here. All my buddies have a ps4 since launch and none of us have witnessed hardware issues.. Just an error hear n there but that's server side
Meltic  +   317d ago
It happends when it is a new generation console. Happends on the PC too sometimes. Same as console.
rayzorn  +   317d ago
your not missing anything waiting i have a ps4 and i like the ps brand alot. but until infamous comes out you are not missing much. after that seems like there will be alot of games coming out that look good back to back.

every game i have liked so far you can play somewhere else. besides resogun. but if you have ps plus you can just dl all the ps4 games now while you are waiting and get them all when you get a ps4 so your not loosing out on them.

so far assassins creed and dont starve have been my favorite with resogun right behind them.

my ps4 is rock solid though havent had one problem with it. unless you count that mess bf4 but that was bf4 not ps4. lost countless saves and crashed a ton. got rid of it after a week.
#7.3 (Edited 317d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
xDHAV0K24x  +   316d ago
*gasp* dont talk bad about sony. They're perfect!
WildArmed  +   317d ago
Just curious, is this doing it for just installed games from bluray?
Or full Psn downloads?

If the latter, that can be a pain in the ass. I would not want to re-download large games.

Even w/ my 50Mbps connection, 20-50gb is not a short time.
psychmnts  +   317d ago
It's doing it for both psn downloaded games and installed from disc games.
WildArmed  +   316d ago
Oh wow, hopefully this gets sorted out.

And I assume this happens even when you have majority of the hard disk empty.
Ultraplayerxp  +   317d ago
Bullshizzle Manizzle
armogangsta  +   317d ago
I had a problem similar to this recently on my PS3. Walking Dead Season 2. I still need to replay it. My game save was completely deleted. -_-
#10 (Edited 317d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Shad0wRunner  +   317d ago
The only problem I ever had with my PS4, seems to be the friends list. It doesnt wanna display accurate readings when people go online or offline. I wonder how long it's gonna take for Sony to realize that the PSN friends list isnt playing well across all PlayStation devices?

They need to fix this.

Other than that...my PS4 is bug free. No serious complaints here.
gamernova  +   317d ago
Sucks for people who have small data caps and slow Internet.
AnEwGuY  +   316d ago
Exactly...which is why it's stupid that some people are acting like this is "no biggie", and saying "just download again". Thanks to our spineless, clueless court system in the U.S. , Comcast just recently activated their long-dormant data cap. Granted, mine is 300 GB / month...but I still got an e-mail and an automated phone message last month warning me I was 18 GB shy of my limit, with 6 days left in the month. If I'd had a game deleted, I couldn't have dl'd it for an entire week (unless I wanted to pay Comcast a $25 overage charge).
#12.1 (Edited 316d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Jsoc  +   317d ago
No bugs so far , and I hope everyone that's having those problems get them solved
Fullbucket  +   317d ago
I lost my DC Universe Online game Dx. Yay for redownloading 25±gig
chaosx  +   317d ago
everyones so calm ! Imagine how crazy people would be acting if this was XB1 problem….. Sony users are so chilled.
Hicken  +   317d ago
The less screw ups you have, the more likely people are to forgive you for the ones you DO have.
SITH  +   316d ago
It would be like a nuke went off if it was Xbox one.
snookiegamer  +   317d ago
Seems the more a device can do, the more likely issues will occur. Almost every console launch is beset with teething troubles. I learned after launch day adoptions of both 360 (RROD) and PS3 (YLOD/Bluray issues), of which both systems proved faulty within 3 months of medium usage.

The most reliable hardware I ever owned that was non-cartridge based, was the excellent, but ill-fated Sega Dreamcast and the Nintendo Gamecube.

I know this particular issue is software based, but could there be a link between under paid assembly workers (Foxcom) and the final build quality of these products? I've decided to wait up to 1 year before purchasing PS4, with the added benefit of a larger games library, and reliable software/hardware...still sucks for those affected by this issue.
#16 (Edited 317d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
SmilingAdvocate  +   317d ago
The only problem I have ever had is my Battlefield 4 saved game disappear, but that's it - just redownload it again from psn account as it automatically backs it up.

I've not seen any games missing at all.
Majin-vegeta  +   317d ago
Except thats all on EA's end not Sony's.I've seen people from all camps have they're dated deleted.
Mistry  +   317d ago
In all honesty it isn't that big of a bug. You can easily just download the game over again. It maybe a bit of a hassle if it happens but I'm sure they will bring out a fix on that in an update sooner or later. If it happened frequently and the saves were deleting then I would say it would been a huge deal.
stonecold3  +   317d ago
I was wondering if anyone had any problems with tomb raider I tried to share on fb any this come up on my notice its look like youre trying to upload something that isn't a video or that corrupt please upload a video in a supported format. I have end up finishing the game thought im not sure if anyone has stumbles across that yet
WeAreLegion  +   317d ago
Yeah. They're working on a fix for the Share features.
Meltic  +   317d ago
My console so far is very good. But i handle it with care. i Always Clean it nice. I dont have too do it but i dont like dust soo hehe :). I dont use water just a tatter / rag
PersonMan  +   317d ago
Cleaning the dust off the console has nothing to do with games deleting themselves.
Meltic  +   316d ago
if you are going to comment on a stupid comment why even spend time and energy on it? kids..
Mister_G  +   317d ago
Not had anything like that happen, it's all been smooth sailing apart from the occassional BF4 crash.
jlo  +   317d ago
I haven't had this problem then again none of my games are downloaded

My ps4's main problem: It will randomly eject the disc, WHILST PLAYING!! And then the disc doesn't go back in, unless you turn it off from the mains

I can't explain how frustrating this is when you're mid game. If it does it again I am smashing it into a million pieces.
Destrania  +   317d ago
I've had disc ejection problems as well, but it's after I turn the console off, not while playing. Other than that and a few game crashes it's been smooth sailing so far. Hopefully some new firmware gets these issues ironed out.
AnEwGuY  +   316d ago
Yeah, premature ejection can be frustrating...and embarrassing.
isa_scout  +   317d ago
I haven't had this problem luckily, but does anyone else ever have upload problems? Every so often my PS4 will say Failed To Upload due to save files being uploaded from a different PS4 with the same name...Weird right? If anyone else has this issue just sound off as I'm really hoping it isn't just me.
ic3fir3  +   317d ago
its the power of gddr5 =D
KendrickLamar  +   317d ago
Well I'm not getting this problem but I am so sorry to whoever has that problem.
XiSasukeUchiha  +   317d ago
Sony going to patch this too but yes it sucks
#26 (Edited 317d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Funky Town_TX  +   317d ago
Why the F is my players met tab always blank. So now with the PS4 I pay for MP and its a pain to add friends. I wish I would have waited. Fix it Sony.
Bluebird8  +   317d ago
This happened to me during launch, but i later realized that i was the one deletibg the games. Due to the very annoying placement of the "delete" option just besides the "close app" option.
Gremdude  +   317d ago
I wonder if you could have something there. The PS4 deletes games instantly UNLIKE the PS3 with its delete progress bar. I also believe the PS4 has a similar confirmation dialogue, "are you sure you want to close/delete the app" Hmmmmm
worldwidegaming  +   317d ago
wow. That sucks big time for people who lost saves.
but better now than months later when the good games come out. I can afford to lose em now.
PrinceOfAllSaiyans  +   317d ago
All these problems and I've never experienced one problem since November 15th with my PS4. Maybe I'm lucky.
« 1 2 »

Review: BlazeRush (PlayStation Network) - Push Square

7m ago - Pushsquare: "Missiles and bullets flying past cars; monster trucks and flying saucers whizzing d... | PS3

Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth Review - Midlife Gamer

8m ago - Sarah F says "Exploration and progression are what make Sid Meier’s Civilization games so addicti... | PC

Blackguards 2 Preview – Daedalic Hears its Fans and Makes Some Great Changes | COG

10m ago - COG writes - Blackguards is back and we’ve got an early look at some of the changes being made fo... | PC

South Park Pinball Review - Gaming Nexus

23m ago - From the review: "While not as ambitious as recent Marvel or Star Wars tables, South Park: Super-... | PC

Looking for a great Pokemon Community?

Now - Look no further. Join us at the BulbaGarden Forums, the best community for everything Pokemon | Promoted post

Bayonetta 2 - Wii U Review | Chalgyr's Game Room

23m ago - Chalgyr's Game Room writes: For those who say Nintendo is only interested in being a family-fr... | Wii U