Submitted by Abriael 77d ago | news

More than 2.1 Million PS4 Owners Also Got a PlayStation Plus Subcription prompted by Strong Sales

Sony held a further earnings call today for overseas investors, and has dropped a more precise figure on how many user signed up for PS Plus between those that purchased a PS4. (PS4, Tag Invalid)

Alternative Sources
Hellsvacancy  +   77d ago
They had no choice if they wanted to play online, want to play BF4/Killzone online? you can't unless you get ps+

I'm not surprised at all that the number of ps+ subscriptions have risen

(although ps+ is worth paying for, it's not the point)
#1 (Edited 77d ago ) | Agree(24) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
ElementX  +   77d ago
True it's required for online MP however MS releases Live subscription numbers and it is income for SCE
#1.1 (Edited 77d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Raccoon  +   77d ago
been on ps+ since day one and i have a 1TB hardrive filled with games avatars and other things i have accumulated over the years and i now with ps4 the story continues...
Prime157  +   77d ago
If you buy it regularly it's like whoa!

If you buy it on sale it's like mind blown!

I know I love ps+
My_precious  +   77d ago
i just buy plus regular whenever my subcribtion runout and buy more if i see any deal for it over 3 years now

small cost but extreme benefit
Sarcasm  +   77d ago
I bought two years worth for $30 each year. Seriously the amount of free games that I've already played on it on my Vita, PS3, and PS4 it has already paid for itself and more. The next sale I'll probably buy 3-4 years worth and be good for the rest of the PS4 gen.
worldwidegaming  +   77d ago
beat me too it! there really is no option if you want to play online games with your friends.
(I think some select MMOs are exempt.)
Its worth it if you own a ps3.
assdan  +   77d ago
Ps+ is far more valuable than xblg. Do these numbers include people who already had Ps+? Id think everyone whose gotten on by now would want Ps+. I mean, 95% of the buyers are hardcore gamers.
LOGICWINS  +   77d ago
But ur assuming everyone in that 95% gives a hoot about online gaming. Frankly, I don't, hence why I choose not to subscribe to PS Plus.

With The Witcher 3, The Order: 1886, Final Fantasy 15 etc., I'm going to have a VERY good 2014.
joecanada  +   77d ago
you may be right, but it's the casuals who should be buying it really... you would never need to buy a game, or even if you did you could buy most for 5-20 dollars on plus.... it may be hardcores doing most of the buying but the casuals are missing out the most. I went from buying about 15 games per year to about 5 with plus.
assdan  +   77d ago
Valid points to both of you...
chaosdemon09  +   77d ago
Its so high cause black Friday everyone and there mother bought the year subscription for 29.99, including myself lol
Majin-vegeta  +   77d ago
lol i stacked up on 2 years so i'm good.But i will probably restack this year again if the they have the deal again :P
princejb134  +   77d ago
I bought 3 lol
Sam Fisher  +   77d ago
Thank god i wasnt the only one, everybody at gs was getting ps4 while i was the only one getting a receipt with yr subs
azshorty2003  +   77d ago
I bought 2 then, plus I already had 2 remaining from when Target screwed up and advertised them for $15 last year (it was supposed to be the 3 months, but the ad showed the 12 months. They had to honor it.). And I had just put in a year a few months ago.

So I'm set for the next 5 years!
quinten488  +   77d ago
Yep, thats when I got mine too.
GraveLord  +   77d ago
Pretty sure they're only counting activated subscriptions.
Dlacy13g  +   77d ago
I am glad to see it doing well for no other reason than its a good service that will push others (MS, Nintendo ...possibly Valve) to continue to build on their offerings. We have already seen MS begin to shift and improve to match what PS+ is giving, and it appears from recent Nintendo conversation that they are kinda getting it too. Valve has always been the better value proposition in the past but with games being included at no extra charge for PSN+ and Sony getting better with their sales offerings...I think even Valve is going to feel some pressure in the near future.
nifonge  +   77d ago
Seriously one of the best investments I've ever made on a console. Tuesday nights are one of the best nights of the week to see what's free. Outlast and Dont Starve are awesome. I really can't wait for the PS4 side of the PS+ really gets ramped up like the PS3 side. I hope Nintendo does something like this in the future, Xbox Live I've given up on.
snookiegamer  +   77d ago
PC gamers see value in Steam. PS gamers see value in Plus.

When you are getting value for a subscription, it makes the feeling of 'paying out' a lot easier to swallow.

I seriously believe the MS 'Gold for Games' service would not exist had it not been for PS+.

If we can stay on (Subs) topic..Even the most hardened Xbox fan would agree.
#5 (Edited 77d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Arkardo  +   77d ago
Still i dont think "Games with Gold" it's a value, it's very far from being compared to Ps+, that's the general consensus and MS should step up it's game in order to spred happiness to loyal customers as Ps+ being doing for years.
#5.1 (Edited 77d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
sprinterboy  +   77d ago
Surprised it's not higher tbh, close to 5 million ps4 WW, thought it would be closer to the 4 million mark
snookiegamer  +   77d ago
I'm pretty sure the 2.1 million are all new subs purchased specifically for PS4 since it's not required on PS3/Vita....Otherwise the figures would be even higher.

Remember PS+ is universal across PS platforms, so a huge majority are using their existing PS3/Vita PS+ accounts on PS4.

At least we can be sure the figures aren't being spun by Sony ;)
#6.1 (Edited 77d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Arkardo  +   77d ago
Well said, 2.1 million New suscriptions from Ps4 users, the vast majority are carrying suscriptions from Ps3 days.
Hicken  +   77d ago
Yeah, I know I won't count when I get my PS4, since my Plus hasn't run out since 2012, and won't until September of next year if I don't renew before then.
sprinterboy  +   77d ago
Good point
kingmushroom  +   77d ago
That free outlast game doe
DEEBO  +   77d ago
Yeah i double up on BF for 30 dollars for each one and the fact it works across all sony platforms is amazing!
hell i even use that ten dollar credit sony gave ps4 buyers for another month.
the thing that sucks is i couldn't use my 7 day trial codes too.
i know i being greedy but plus is worth every penny.
Ace Killa 08  +   77d ago
i have to admit, I've been with a 360 for 6 years and all with Xbox gold. Getting PS+ since PS4 launch made all those 6 years look like a waste. The games they give out are dam good and fun. Yeah some are day one purchases (Borderlands Bioshock) but others are worth a shot. It is worth it as opposed to Xbox Games for Gold. Great investment, especially that I got the code in black friday for $30 bucks.
#9 (Edited 77d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
kingPoS  +   77d ago
They're people out there that only play single player games: It's a good thing for them that PS+ isn't necessary to enjoy non-gaming services.

Gateway MT6706 2008
#10 (Edited 77d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

GTA-V Mod allows you to fly spaceship, What’s next?

22m ago - Modding has always been one of the greatest parts of gaming but mostly it is only done for the ga... | Xbox 360

MLB 14 The Show PS3 Patch 2 (version 1.11) Now Live

22m ago - Sony's San Diego Studios has been hard at work making MLB 14: The Show even better. The latest sy... | PS3

Five interesting features Sony should incorporate in H1Z1

23m ago - On Wednesday Sony had their first podcast for the upcoming free-to-play zombie survival, H1Z1. Th... | PC

Should I Go Back To - Skyrim?

25m ago - It's the E3 games drought and we're looking at a month or so without many large released. n3rdabl... | PC

Dark Souls II Review

Now - Drew digs deep into Dark Souls II and delivers a first… | Promoted post

Will you really invest in VR tech?

43m ago - Richard from Codec Moments writes: "When consumers seem to stick to a few basic principles: eye-c... | PS4