Submitted by Valay 209d ago | news

Nintendo providing refunds for Batman: Arkham Origins season pass on Wii U, story campaign canned

Nintendo is refunding Wii U owners who have purchased Batman: Arkham Origins' season pass. (Batman: Arkham Origins, Wii U)

Alternative Sources
nick309  +   209d ago
They need to refund ppl who bought this game on wii u thinking that the dlc will come there, they couldve gotten any of the other versions.
DanielGearSolid  +   209d ago
Meh... Like 6 ppl bought it on WiiU
Riderz1337  +   209d ago
Six people?

You are giving the Wii U too much credit...Lower your expectations ^^

Edit - Come on people it was just a joke lolz.
#1.1.1 (Edited 209d ago ) | Agree(38) | Disagree(34) | Report
DanielGearSolid  +   209d ago
HAHA
WitWolfy  +   209d ago
Gotta love em Ninty fanboys. Whats the bet that more than half of those people who disagreed probably dont even have WiiUs
sinjonezp  +   209d ago
Nintendo needs to buy Rare back ASAP.
maniacmayhem  +   208d ago
God help any person who said that joke about Sony or MS in their related article.

De-bubbled and marked for trolling real fast.
hiredhelp  +   208d ago
Soo much sarcasm hate towords a brand a company thats been going before playstation and xbox.
Only nintendo systems ive had NES,Gameboy's,Snes,N64,Gam ecube.
Nintendo not same as they once were but they still going soo there is a fanbase so lets respect that.

Plus wasnt for nintendo we not have a playstation with nintendo backing out last minute.
#1.2 (Edited 208d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
xDHAV0K24x  +   208d ago
this is why MSFT should just buy them out and stick it to sony
quantae06  +   208d ago
All these Nintendo haters. Keep hating all you want, it won't stop me from gaming on Nintendo platforms.
#1.3 (Edited 208d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Baccra17  +   208d ago
Just like you won't stop me from gaming on Dreamcast.

Anyone can game on a dead system, so long as they have one and games for it. Nothing to be proud of.
SoulSercher620  +   208d ago
I'm pretty sure no one on here's trying to stop you. Still doesn't change the fact the Wii U is in trouble.
liquidhalos  +   208d ago
Aah my dream cast finally gave up just before Christmas, superb console. Awesome fun
DryBoneKoopa85  +   209d ago
I just finished this game for the Wii U and liked it A LOT. Sure there were some pretty annoying bugs they needed to iron out other then that I like the game quite a bit.

Really bummed about this. The situation is not getting any better for Nintendo. When are they going to step in and change the course of the Wii U. I feel like there all but abandoning it at this point. They don't seem to care about third party making it onto the console. Iwata didn't even mention the third party situation at the meeting the other night even though it was brought to his attention. Instead he went on about QOL and such stuff.

Reggie and Nintendo PROMISED yet again there would be no gamming drought for this year and the only real good games coming out is DK: TF in Feb. After that its May that we see Mario Kart 8.

Nintendo REALLY needs to fix this situation before going on to create some stupid third pillar for there company. I don't want to see Nintendo disappear into the void of nothing but Nintendo is not really doing much to stop it. You would think with that 11 billion dollars in the bank they would throw some at third party's to get them on the console. Look at what Microsoft did with 1 billion invested into third party dev's. Even after the whole DRM debacle there is no shortage of games for the console. Nintendo needs to learn to spend some money to make some money. They like to take risks well they need to take risks on getting third party dev's on the console.

(End Rant) Sometimes as a fan of Nintendo I get stressed out over the dumb choices they make.
Phil32  +   209d ago
Can't really fix 20 years of third-party mistakes in one meeting.
XiSasukeUchiha  +   209d ago
Damn Nintendo hopefully you can recover!
KevinCubes  +   209d ago
WiiU version of watchdogs will feature mario as a playable character
gamerqc  +   209d ago
Watch_Dogs Wii U probably won't see the light of day.
LOL_WUT  +   209d ago
Yup it's been canceled ;)
KonsoruMasuta  +   209d ago
LOL_WUT, no it hasn't.
Metallox  +   209d ago
@LOL_WUT Man, no. Not officiallly. And still, it will arrive
Chrischi1988  +   208d ago
Watchdogs is actually a game, a lot of people would buy for Wii U, instead of the other plattforms and I believe Ubi knows this.

It is not canceled and maybe you guys should not use a gamestop italy webpagebug as source for spreading these kind of lies. There has never been an official statement from ubi about it and the List from Nintendo isnt that reliable either, because a month ago, there was no Bayonetta 2 in it and we all know, it will come to Wii U or it will never see the light of day.
stragomccloud  +   209d ago
Geez. And people these guys wonder why the sales of Wii U versions don't do as well! This is a perfect example!
Megaton  +   209d ago
Chicken or the egg.
DanielGearSolid  +   209d ago
This is a reaction to the game bombing on WiiU in the first place...

Unless you're telling me ppl looked into the future and saw the dlc getting cancelled so they didn't buy the game

Side Note: The Batman brand sells well in every single entertainment medium... So its failure on the wiiU is pretty telling
#5.2 (Edited 209d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
stragomccloud  +   209d ago
Well, they didn't have to look into the future. They knew how often DLC is announced then cancelled, or never even announced at all for Wii U, so they'd be more likely to buy other versions instead.
#5.2.1 (Edited 209d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report
Chrischi1988  +   208d ago
And please, dont forget, that the game was gimped from the very start, with no multiplayer, this just adds salt to the wound.
Ol_G  +   208d ago
you know wii u version was missing online multiplayer so yeah they brought it on themselves it was an inferior version AGAIN
nerdkiller  +   209d ago
im beginning to believe the nintendo fusion rumors are true. wii u can't keep taking hits like this.
Parapraxis  +   209d ago
No, those rumours are not true.
Also, we'll be lucky to see another Nintendo home console at the rate things are going now.
oof46  +   208d ago
Nintendo isn't close to dying, but the WiiU is struggling. They got money in the bank, but what are they going to do with it?
GamersHeaven  +   209d ago
Nintendo has too bite the bullet with third party developers go out there way make better relationships with them now.This is a prime example of why there in the position they are in now.
#7 (Edited 209d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Ol_G  +   208d ago
Making better relationships with these western third party's means moneyhatting something Nintendo just won't do
Crillvirus81  +   209d ago
This sucks I originally got it for 360 but it was unplayable then on wii u where I found it better but not perfect ..I'm sad there not giving us the dlc
parentoftheyear  +   209d ago
I think it is too late. Unless they just have something that is mind blowing. They are too late to the party and it's their own fault. I hate that, but its going to be rough. Who will through down $400-$500 for a new Nintendo system when we have a ps4 and Xbox to choose from and by then all of the available games. I think they are dead in the water a console company. Put Mario etc on ps4 Xbox continue your handheld supremecy while you can.
KonsoruMasuta  +   209d ago
Mario doesn't need to be on PS4 or Xbox. I love my PS4 but that's not where Mario belongs.

Also the WiiU isn't 400 - 500 dollars. If you're talking about the next Nintendo console, that's not coming until the end of the generation.
Ol_G  +   208d ago
he needs to add 200 bucks on the price to try and make a point
Chrischi1988  +   208d ago
Imagine a console, with all multiplats and all that is different between them, are the exclusives, in a world like that, Nintendo would win everytime, this is why I believe, the biggest problem is the third party support and I mean real support, not gimped games with no DLC coming.
CrowbaitBob  +   208d ago
Imagine a system that is comparable in performance to its competition, along with a name that doesn't confuse consumers.

Somebody at Nintendo has been out of touch with reality for a long time. Nintendo's leadership is the core problem.
wonderfulmonkeyman  +   209d ago
Pretty much official at this point: AAA third parties like EA and Warner Bros cannot be trusted to do justice to games[or at least to ports] on the Wii U.

Oh, and good on Nintendo for providing a proper refund to the people that got ripped off.
That's stepping up.

Nintendo fans are better off relying on third parties that have proven they can do things right, like Platinum.[and Ubisoft, to a slightly smaller extent. Loving Deus Ex DC so far]

When Indies make better supported experiences on a system than you, despite their smaller budgets, you know you've screwed up your attempts to make good games on a console.

Warner Bros., EA, and all others like them should just stick to working with the same architectural systems they've been using for ages.

Let competent third parties that can learn their way around the tech, like Ubisoft and Platinum, do games for the Wii U.
At least then the system will get great games that are properly supported for the most part, even if there's not a lot of them compared to the other two, or they don't sell like hot-cakes due to the small install base.

I'll take a semi-small amount of quality titles over a humongous quantity pile of crap, as far as third party goes.
Optimize and support, or gtfo.
#10 (Edited 209d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
Loadedklip  +   209d ago
You are the type of Nintendo fan that third parties are running away from.
phantomexe  +   209d ago
Man i don't own a WiiU but most the games that came from 3rd party were bad ports or ports missing crap. I wouldn't take that crap on my ps3 or 4. Like when the WiiU released ...why would wiiu owners want ME3 when at the same time the xbox and playstaion owners were getting the trilogy all packed into one. Another example blag flags better looking on the wiiu but telling wiiu owners before release 'O YA by the way your not getting any dlc' before it even released. Tell me what would you think if you had a WiiU. I remember ps3 owners back in 2007 complaining about this very same crap. I was one of them. Xbone owner are kind of getting it now. Think and remember before you speak.
wonderfulmonkeyman  +   209d ago
If those third parties are trying to shove crap like Sniper Elite V2 into my hands and expect me to put up with it because so few others are supporting it, then they SHOULD be running from me.
Because I'm their worst nightmare; a consumer that actually THINKS ABOUT THEIR PURCHASES, instead of blindly gobbling up their crap just because their support is scarce and they're threatening to cut off entirely if their pathetic initial attempts don't sell.

I'm not going to be lulled by gritty characters, sparkly graphics, and "OMG SO MATURE DUDE! I KNOW, RIGHT BRO?!" themes.
I demand a certain amount of quality from my games, and if they don't measure up, I won't purchase them.
Rent them, maybe. But never purchase.

I'm not going to put up with a POS port just because a third party was "kind enough to grace the system with one when so few are doing so".

They want my money?
They gotta EARN that money with a game that is ACTUALLY WORTH PURCHASING.

Sony and Microsoft gamers don't have to take that crap.
I'm not going to take that crap.
And no one on a Nintendo system should have to take that crap either.

So let them run away, I say.
If they're too scared, from the low initial profits of their first attempts, to try impressing me with something new and fantastic, then they're better off running back home to Mama Micro and Papa Playstation.

I won't coddle bad third party ports or the people that sire them, no matter how much the kids[devs] cry.

I will spank that ass with the emblem-clad side of my wallet before shoving them back out the door.

It's my way of telling them YOU DUN GOOFED, DO BETTER OR SHOVE THE F*** OFF!
#10.1.2 (Edited 209d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(6) | Report
Loadedklip  +   208d ago
@ Phantonexe ... you can make a million excuses for why third party games don't sell on Nintendo systems but it's the chicken or the egg situation. There are even exclusive third party games that bombed on Nintendo systems like Resident Evil. And even with the "bad" ports ... just how bad of a port were the Call of Duty games on Wii U? So bad they should only sell 200k? No ... they weren't ... they pretty much were ported well minus the DLC. The lack of DLC shouldn't have hurt the game to the point that even a CoD game cannot sell much more than 200k.

Those are HORRIFIC sales for one of the absolute biggest franchises in gaming.

So yea ... Mass Effect 3 was bad and you can make excuses for a lot more ... problem is that Nintendo fans have HISTORICALLY proven they don't support many third party core games. So take your own advice ... think and remember before typing.

As for your PS3 comment .. guess what ... those games still sold on PS3. So much for your comparison.
#10.1.3 (Edited 208d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
McScroggz  +   209d ago
I get where this rant is coming from, but there are tons of great third party exclusives. They are not just a "humongous quality pile of crap..."
wonderfulmonkeyman  +   209d ago
There's some, yeah.
I've gotten a fair amount of the worthwhile ones, most notably, recently, Deus Ex DC and The Wonderful 101, alongside Rayman Legends.

My point was, I'm just not going to support really really horribly done ports just because third parties are backing off of the Wii U.
The ones worth having, I'll get, if my expenses can justify the purchase.

But I won't be guilt-tripped by third parties into supporting those who can't pull their own weight.

Not even under threat of console abandonment.
McScroggz  +   208d ago
You're missing the point. Of course if there is a bad port don't support it. The PS3 had some pretty bad ports. The problem is systemic though.

Gamers, even before the Wii u, didn't buy very many third party games. That, coupled with proprietary delivery methods and poor relations led to less of an attempt by third party publishers to put all of their games on a Nintendo system. Now, fast forward to the Wii U it's as bad as it's ever been.

So instead of blaming the developers/publishers, blame Nintendo for putting them in that spot. You can be upset with Warner Bros. Interactive for this, but it's Nintendo's fault that it is a better business decision to pull a paid season pass than to port it.

Seriously, think about that.

The attitude of "screw everybody except Nintendo" is killing Nintendo. I'm not specifically saying that is your stance, but it's awfully close.
Loadedklip  +   208d ago
Well said ... everyone has some blame ... third parties, Nintendo ... and yes ... even Nintendo fans.

As someone mentioned earlier ... chicken or the egg.

It really doesn't matter anymore.
EcoSos3  +   209d ago
Then they think they have the right to argue that we dont buy their games. This is why I'm not buying many 3rd party games anymore.
KonsoruMasuta  +   209d ago
That's a bad idea. You're just making it worse for the WiiU.
Some developers are actually trying. Ubisoft for example.

That's why I buy a WiiU copy of Ubisoft games along with my PS4 copies. I'm going to be doing the same with watchdogs. We need to support some of these 3rd party developers that are actually trying to make it work on WiiU.

Another example, Slightly Mad Studios. I'm buying Project Cars on PC and WiiU.
#11.1 (Edited 209d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Parapraxis  +   209d ago
Are you seriously double-dipping just to support a (arguably dying) console?
WitWolfy  +   209d ago
Tell you what, you buy all those games on your dying WiiU console. Im getting all those games you named above on my glorious PS4..

#dealwithit
McScroggz  +   209d ago
Don't pull that card. Third party games, besides a select few, have sold very poorly ever since the N64. Because more and more people adopted that mindset, it became more and more true.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy so there's no right to complain.
SmielmaN  +   209d ago
I would like a wii u to play Mario games but it's just too much. I really enjoyed this batman game on PS3 tho so it sucks for he few ppl who ordered the dlc on wii u.

What sucks worse is the exclusivity of bayonetta 2..... Ultimate sad face :(
SpiralTear  +   209d ago
What sucks about Bayonetta 2's exclusivity? Exclusives are what make consoles sell. You don't buy a system for the things you can get on another.
WitWolfy  +   209d ago
I bought a WiiU a year ago on launch thinking it would've had a huge library of games by 2014... I guess I was wrong...
wonderfulmonkeyman  +   209d ago
Nintendo themselves are selling refurbished Wii U's for $225 right now.
If you really want the system and price point is the only thing holding you back, you've now got no excuse left, since any lower than that would be detrimental to the Wii U's long-term health.
DonDon  +   208d ago
Yeah but I can get a ps3 (for same price) which is comparable graphics-wise. Plus the ps3 has a huge library, is getting more support from 3rd parties, has a robust online network, an ethernet port (unlike Wii U), comes with a much larger harddrive, DLC that isn't getting scrapped, and greater incentives like ps plus which gives us free games, and will be carried onto PS4 (and likely PS Now) when we decide to upgrade.

There are so many more reasons to get a ps3. Forget even trying to compare Wii U to powerhouses like the PS4 & Xbone (sorta). The Wii U can't even compete with the ps3 in terms of support, games and the myriad of other reasons I mentioned in the first paragraph.

Wii U is a non entity to Sony's PS4. They just sit back and let lil bro PS3 fight the battle. So customers will be better off spending that cash on a ps3, assuming they don't already have one. If they do, than save up some more for ps4 or xbox one--y'know, those consoles who are still getting support.

THOSE are some good excuses. I'll get a Wii U when it dies out. It'll be cheapest then. And even still I might not bother.
#12.2.1 (Edited 208d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(4) | Report
CerealKiller  +   209d ago
All 2 people who actually bought the season pass on the Wii U?
Noszombie  +   208d ago
I have you know that at least 5 people bought it. I am offended that you would have the audacity to claim that only 2 people(less than 50%) bought it.

*badly executed joke, please don't murder me in my sleep Nintendo fans*
DC777  +   208d ago
I have AO on Wii U. It's pretty well done but another DLC we can't get just makes things worse for Nintendo's rep. Of course a little advertising help from some of these companies that they're on Wii U at all would be helpful. Some of thes devs and big companies sure are getting more lazy as they get richer. If you can make games look like GTA V and Tomb Raider look on ancient PS3 and 360 with no memory then you certainly have no right to complain about making good ports to Wii U. Black Flag for example looks quite awesome, well done.

I expected Bayonetta 2, Smash, and X to be coming out soon. With MK8 and WatchDogs that was going to be my lineup for awhile this year. But..losing faith quickly here.
pcz  +   208d ago
if i were a wiiu owner id want a refund on the console, not just the game
SoulSercher620  +   208d ago
Third party support for the Wii U just isn't there. Warner Bros. and Ubisoft try to keep it alive but it's not enough. Looks like WB may be bowing out with this act and Ubisoft are making games on consoles that are more powerful than Wii U.

Look at Rayman Legends. Originally exclusive for Wii U and it hits all last gen consoles and even the Vita. Now it's coming to PS4 and Xbox One. What's the point of getting it on Wii U?

Hell even Call of Duty sells horribly on it. If a game like CoD can't even push numbers what's the point of putting games on there? Publishers would be selling at a loss. It's just not worth it.
#16 (Edited 208d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Bandai Namco Announces Tokyo Game Show Lineup

6m ago - Hardcore Gamer: Bandai Namco has released a lineup of games at the Tokyo Game Show | PS3

Next game from Metro series developer 'less linear, more sandbox'

8m ago - Joystiq: The next game from Metro 2033 developer 4A Games will shift away from a linear progressi... | PC

GameRevolution Radio 0114: Before, Not Beyond, inFamous: First Light

14m ago - GR - Talking Points: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, inFamous: First Light, Plants Vs. Zo... | PC

Nintendo "talked about the possibility" of featuring Mario in Splatoon

15m ago - At one point, Nintendo "talked about the possibility" of featuring Mario as the main player chara... | Wii U

Looking for a great Pokemon Community?

Now - Look no further. Join us at the BulbaGarden Forums, the best community for everything Pokemon | Promoted post

The Castle Game Coming to Wii U Feb 2015

17m ago - With PAX just around the corner, there’s lots of indie news in the air. One new game that’s caug... | Wii U