Submitted by africanos23 181d ago | news

Dirt 4 Inbound - New Teaser From Codemasters

HardwarePal : It seems the long wait is going to see an end for one of the best Codemaster racing games. The officials of the Dirt Franchise have been active lately and have been teasing their fans. (DiRT 4, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

Alternative Sources
pwnsause_returns  +   181d ago
If no cockpit view, GTFO.
Dmarc  +   181d ago
no you GTFO..

Dirt 3 wasnt very good compared to 2 and the first one.But i'm really hopeful for this one.cant wait!
Amiroo  +   181d ago
Dirt 3 Had cockpit view too, though Dirt 2 was the best in the series fo me Dirt 3 was awesome too.

any racing game without cockpit view = fail
and no buy for me, like shity Dirt Showdown
Fluke_Skywalker  +   180d ago
The first one was the best one. 2 and 3 were cheesy X Games guff.
I'll stick with the WRC games now thanks.
imtheman2013  +   181d ago
I really hope that they have a cock-pit view as well. Grid 2 was fun, but I didn't feel as immersed in it as I did with DiRT 3 because of the absence of cock-pit view. That could also be because I enjoy rally racing more than road racing.

That said, DiRT 3 is my favorite rally game to-date, so regardless of cock-pit view or not, I will be getting DiRT 4 upon release!
#1.2 (Edited 181d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
pwnsause_returns  +   181d ago
Dirt 3 had a cockpit view.
Grid 2 Did not.

also Dirt 3 was Rally Focused, which made it even better.

All im saying, after that Decision that they made with Grid 2, that if they dont have it on Dirt 4, i wont buy. No cockpit view hurt Grid 2. i didnt like it at all. I play it like a simulation.
#1.3 (Edited 181d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Dmarc  +   181d ago
fair enough.I only use bumper cam so it didnt bother me.
tommygunzII  +   180d ago
Dirt 3 has cockpit view. Just let the sheep move through.
sorane  +   180d ago
Over on the Dirt 4 gaf post they say that cockpit is planned. Down the first page a bit.

The_KELRaTH  +   180d ago
It will be micro transaction flooded junk like Grid 2

Ever since this company was taken over by the Indian Bollywood group it has produced nothing but DLC ridden rubbish and they have no respect to their customers.
Grid 2 micro transaction and protection faults made the game unplayable for nearly 6 months and did they apologise and/or offer any form of recompense - no they just kept putting out more over priced DLC that couldn't be used and you couldn't get refunds on.

They even closed the forums because of all the bad feedback
#1.5 (Edited 180d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
thereapersson  +   180d ago
I had no idea about the sad state of affairs for this series. That's pretty sad, really...
XiSasukeUchiha  +   181d ago
Dirt 4 confirmed !
kalebninja  +   181d ago
sweeeet I liked dirt just for my car ripping apart
InsaneGam3r  +   180d ago
Same here :D
curtis92  +   181d ago
Hopefully we get more than just daily screenshots :)
4logpc  +   181d ago
Man just thinking about a next Gen dirt makes me smile. Codemasters do amazing things with their engines.
Pintheshadows  +   180d ago
Agreed. I expect it to be very pretty. I just hope they focus on actual Rallying this time with far longer stages and more locations. Rally Cross is welcome as well but I couldn't care less about trucks and buggies.
Skate-AK  +   181d ago
The Dirt series is awesome. I bet is will look great on the new consoles.
MASTER_RAIDEN  +   181d ago
though i think i liked Grid a lot more than dirt, id definitely give a next gen dirt game a try.

only real problem is there are so many racing games already out and on the horizon.
urwifeminder  +   181d ago
If Ken Block and no cockpit view is in count me out we want Seb loeb not someone who can do dude bro donuts did not get grid 2 no in car view.
#8 (Edited 181d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
torchic  +   181d ago
I really hope they go back to the WRC style, and not X Games style. I remember when Sebastian Loeb entered the X Games and wiped the floor with Ken Block and his kiddie friends lol

in honour of Colin McRae that's the least the could do, more rally stars and less Rockstar Energy Drink please Codemasters
SilentSolid  +   180d ago
I hope G27 racing wheel works on ps4!
#10 (Edited 180d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Knushwood Butt  +   180d ago
And G25..
snookiegamer  +   180d ago
Dirt 4 !!! Is there room for all these racing games? Racers are the new FPS this gen. It's such an exciting time to be a gamer. E3 2014 is going to be 'BIG' ;)

PS...

Not sure I want a racer without cockpit view. It's a standard now. Hope D4 has one.
#11 (Edited 180d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
windblowsagain  +   180d ago
Just want rally nothing else.
TenBensons  +   180d ago
Still think Richard Burns Rally was the best rally game made and DiRT doesn't even come close. Someone please make an actual rally sim not racer.
#13 (Edited 180d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
heisenberguk  +   180d ago
I wish Evolution Studios would make another rally game after they've finished Driveclub, WRC Rally Evolved on PS2 was my favourite rally game. Codemaster's games got worse and worse last gen
#14 (Edited 180d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Ohai  +   180d ago
Am I the only one who doesn't like cockpit view? I like seeing my car and everything else. I know it's not as realistic, but I don't try to pretend it is. It's a video game.
hellzsupernova  +   180d ago
It is nice to have it. But I never use it either
aliengmr  +   180d ago
Nice scooby.
Memoman  +   180d ago
Please let it be more Colin McRae and less Ken Block
Outlaw1986  +   180d ago
The xgames tracks are my favorite out of all racing games. I will get this if they have the xgames tracks. :)
Razputin  +   180d ago
Yea I remember when this was called Colin McRae Rally.

I'm happy Codemasters hit "gold" with their racing franchise, as you know their other titles were pretty terrible.

This Tales of Phantasia Deserves to Die

5m ago - CCC Says: "The iOS incarnation of Tales of Phantasia is on its deathbed. In-app purchases are end... | Mobile

Are Betas Starting To Lose Their Appeal?

5m ago - There was a time when getting into a beta test was a momentous experience. Now, it's so commonpla... | Culture

Belgium developers test gaming climate with newest indie title | IGS

8m ago - IndieGameSource sits down with the two-person team Tale-of-Tales for an exclusive look into how "... | PC

ROCCAT's Kone has gone optical

12m ago - ROCCAT have announced that they will be introducing a limited run Kone XTD Optical gaming mouse.... | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry