The BF Portal states: "Starting today you can be part of the Beta phase of Battlefield 2142 Update 1.50. Update 1.50 is a big step for Battlefield as it is the first time we have included community created maps and included them into an update. Wake Island makes a come back thanks to The Sir. Community and appears alongside a brand new map new to Battlefield created by Jason Brice, Operation Shingle. Also, for those who prefer to fight on foot, we have added a No Vehicle option to a number of maps to allow you to fight without worrying if you'll come face to face with a Battle Walker. Also, as requested by match broadcasting groups we have separated the Commanders voice volume from the Sound Effects so you can keep the explosions and gun fire without the Commander interrupting the broadcast.
- Added community maps, Wake Island 2142 and Operation Shingle
- Added the ability to use widescreen resolutions.
- Added No Vehicles mode.
- Added Conquest Assault mode.
- Changed the volume control for the Commander Voice Over on request of the esports community.
- Changes made to pod steering mechanism to improve control while limiting pod surfing.
- Fixed the loading issue caused by corrupt Radial.cdb file
- Various changes made to prevent cheating."