Submitted by Frisky 471d ago | news

PlayStation 4 And Oculus Rift Exclusive Game Projects Confirmed By nDreams

One of the leading independent PlayStation Home developer has announced two new game projects for PlayStation 4 and Oculus Rift. The UK based developer nDreams is very familiar to virtual reality gaming, it has already created over 20 different virtual reality game prototypes and experiments with Oculus Rift, so it could be possible that it is working on a virtual reality title for PlayStation 4 that would work with Oculus Rift or Sony's own rumored virtual reality headset. According to the recent investor letter, the new PlayStation 4 title will launch in 2014 and would be something truly special. (nDreams, Oculus Rift, PS4)

Alternative Sources
DeletedAcc  +   471d ago
Man, this will be an epic gen! hope sonys VR-HS has 3d + triluminos. and i hope its also for people with sunglasses-_-
DeletedAcc  +   471d ago
with glasses*
J-R  +   471d ago
I owned Sony's last headset and after using it for a few days I quickly sold it. It was heavy, uncomfortable, there was no way to use your own headset and you would constantly have to fiddle with the adjustments to have the 3D image look any good. For a product I was very excited for I was very disappointed.
I haven't had a chance to try the Oculus Rift (hopefully soon) but the design looks much better than Sony's offering.
It would be nice to see some PS4 games using Oculus Rift.
Infamous298  +   471d ago
Hopefully its cheap.
sobekflakmonkey  +   470d ago
you can buy the Oculus Rift Dev kit for $300 and it comes with the Oculus Rift apprently, so I dunno, we'll see how much all this costs...actually planning on getting an Oculus Rift dev kit this summer, see what I can do with it.
#1.2.1 (Edited 470d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
mark134uk  +   471d ago
so with gaikai and possibly a virtual headset in 2014 im really glad i bought a ps4 :)
piroh  +   471d ago
Sony cares about customers
XiSasukeUchiha  +   470d ago
Sony is the friendiest gaming company other than Nintendo and other great studios

P.S I know which studios that u talking :)
webeblazing  +   471d ago
so people downplayed oculus rift and now their a chance so is following their lead, now its the best and greatest idea of so called next gen.

this is why i said people shouldnt downplay things just because it not on their favorite platform cause in the end it looks pathetic. which is the trend on this site.
SilentNegotiator  +   470d ago
Who was downplaying it?

It's not like there was any doubt that it would come to the PS4 (probably Xbone as well, and obviously PC).
#1.4.1 (Edited 470d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
NeoTribe  +   470d ago
What are you rambling on about? Nobody downplayed anything here. Go start arguments with yourself somewhere else.
Sheikah  +   471d ago
Please be a VR/Occulus game for the PS4?
frostypants  +   471d ago
With the very strong rumors of a Sony VR headset coming out late 2014 or so as well as this company's background, it seems pretty likely.
Etseix  +   471d ago
they say ndream is very bonded with playstation home... i can't help to imagine a new ps4's playstation home with vr/occulus compatibility, which... would be either scary or too funny haha.
TheFallenAngel  +   471d ago
God of War 4 and the order 1886 with oculus rift please.
#3 (Edited 471d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
ZodTheRipper  +   471d ago
The Elder Scrolls: 6 & Fallout 4 please ...I think firsr person games are better suited for that device.
mt  +   471d ago
horror first person shooter more specifically are the perfect fit for that device.

also racing video games.
theshredded  +   471d ago
It has begun
webeblazing  +   471d ago
yep the flip flopping has begun. PS FANBOYS, SHIFT TO THE LEFT!!!
TomahawkX  +   471d ago
Sony VR headset bundle with game for $300, I'll bite.
himdeel  +   471d ago
Yep I'd bite at that price too.
pheature  +   471d ago
personally i think they should take there time with this, sure the new gen has just begun, software will change in next few years, it would be better the wait and maximize the full potential of the consoles instead of releasing one of these now on a console which is good, but not at its full power.
sourav93  +   471d ago
They probably have been working on the VR headset for a few years now. So I doubt they would be rushing it by releasing it in 2014.
KakashiHotake  +   471d ago
I'm looking forward to this reveal. I suspect it will be in Feb, same month the PS4 was revealed and then launch possibly around E3 time. This is one thing besides the games that will definitely keep the hype up throughout 2014. this is truly shaping up to be a memorable year for gaming.
#7 (Edited 471d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   471d ago
CES is next week. I think they'll be revealing it there.
Infamous298  +   471d ago
8-10 jan 2014 i think.
WeAreLegion  +   471d ago
Correct, but Kaz's keynote speech is on the 7th.

medman  +   471d ago
This years E3 should be stellar. Very much looking forward to seeing lots of reveals and juicy surprises.
#8 (Edited 471d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cable2kx  +   471d ago
Wait didn't the maker of the Oculus Rift say it wouldn't work on on the PS4 and Xbox one? I could be wrong, but i thought i read that somewhere
Sheikah  +   471d ago
Fairly sure I read that too. But that's a question of compatibility. Also, it's just hardware - and Sony, being an electronics manufacturer, are likely to have give their own version a go, if the Occulus does well enough.

Companies are not prone to turn down the prospect of money ^^
frostypants  +   471d ago
Heard the same thing. But Sony should be announcing their own headset in the next 2-3 months.
WeAreLegion  +   471d ago
Palmer never said that, but he did say they weren't interested in bringing it to consoles. They feel it would limit them and possibly stretch them too thin. These guys do it out of love for the technology. Palmer and the rest of the team have also said they welcome any and all competitors because they're in it for improvement/spread of the tech. Shuhei has talked to the Oculus guys on many occasions.
SilentNegotiator  +   470d ago
An updated version of the Rift (which is expected) and a firmware update would obviously change that.
LKHGFDSA  +   471d ago
I enjoyed nDreams' work in Playstation Home and look forward to this project.
I wonder if it's planned to work for the new unannounced headset Sony are bringing out this year.
GirlOnFire  +   471d ago
AWESOMESAUCE! My eyes are already ready!! I just hope the price doesn't require me to donate an organ. ^~^
Eonjay  +   471d ago
"I’m delighted to be able to officially announce that we are working on a PlayStation 4 title, which will launch in 2014. More details will follow next year, but it’s the most ambitious game we have ever created, and we can’t wait to reveal more about it – it’s going to be something truly special. "
jmac53  +   471d ago
Well then, this is an unofficial confirmation of Sony's VR headset. I hope they can keep the price down.
#13 (Edited 471d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TristanPR77  +   471d ago
I hope it turns out to be awesome.
GraveLord  +   471d ago
Not really feeling the VR hype. I'd have to try it myself before buying something like that.
frostypants  +   471d ago
Imagine a racing game where you could play in-car and just turn your head to see if someone is next to you (yeah, Forza 4 tried this using the Kinect camera but it was a miserable failure), or an RPG where your vision is fully immersed in the game world. It has huge implications for gameplay.

VR already had its hype-and-bust phase in the 1990s. Mainstream graphics hardware has finally gotten to where VR can achieve its vision. This time around it will stick. Mark my words.

It does require many games to be made specifically for the tech, though. Some "normal" games end up losing their depth of vision with a VR headset. Probably due to the fact that you basically have a TV screen right in your face.
#15.1 (Edited 471d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SilentNegotiator  +   470d ago
I got a chance to play with the rift. The games I played were crappy concept games, but they showed off serious potential. I played a demo where you walk around a house and a small sea-side outdoor area....it's like you're there. It's awesome.

Definitely wait to try it for yourself before making a judgement on it. If Rift gets off the ground, I'm sure there will at least be demo stations in malls.
#15.2 (Edited 470d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
darx  +   470d ago
What! You don't want to look like a total d-bag with that thing strapped to you face?
mt  +   471d ago
it looks like home was so profitable for nDreams ;p they were the big name in Home.

can't wait to see what they are working on.
jgrigs09   471d ago | Offensive
Duke19  +   471d ago
Cant imagine being able to play a game with a headset on without my gf or the dog messing with me while I can't see anything
Ohai  +   471d ago
I knew this was coming! I heard a interview with the oculus guys that when asked about ms and sony colab, didn't deny it. I'm sure both consoles will eventually get it. Money talks.
#19 (Edited 471d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

SSGSS Goku and Vegeta AS Comes In Dragon Ball: Xenoverse DLC Pack 3

5m ago - V-Jump magazine has uncovered that the up and coming Dragon Ball: Xenoverse DLC Pack 3 for Japan... | PC

Bloodborne Collector's Edition Strategy Guide finally released in U.S.

6m ago - Future Press has finally released the delayed Bloodborne Collector's Edition Strategy Guide in th... | PS4

See what games are coming out in 2015

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2015. | Promoted post

Mario Party 10 Review - Gamespresso

52m ago - Gamesters says you won’t be disappointed if Mario Party 10 is the first Mario Party game you plan... | Wii U

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PC) is what the PC was made for | Games On Net Review

1h ago - Games On Net: "If this is your first time setting foot in Los Santos, I envy you. I envy you for... | PC

EA Officially Announces Battlefield’s Star Wars DLC [Satire]

1h ago - Video Games Made Me Do It: "The hype train has finally pulled into town. The long awaited Star Wa... | Culture