Submitted by Frisky 358d ago | news

PlayStation 4 And Oculus Rift Exclusive Game Projects Confirmed By nDreams

One of the leading independent PlayStation Home developer has announced two new game projects for PlayStation 4 and Oculus Rift. The UK based developer nDreams is very familiar to virtual reality gaming, it has already created over 20 different virtual reality game prototypes and experiments with Oculus Rift, so it could be possible that it is working on a virtual reality title for PlayStation 4 that would work with Oculus Rift or Sony's own rumored virtual reality headset. According to the recent investor letter, the new PlayStation 4 title will launch in 2014 and would be something truly special. (nDreams, Oculus Rift, PS4)

Alternative Sources
DeletedAcc  +   358d ago
Man, this will be an epic gen! hope sonys VR-HS has 3d + triluminos. and i hope its also for people with sunglasses-_-
DeletedAcc  +   358d ago
with glasses*
J-R  +   358d ago
I owned Sony's last headset and after using it for a few days I quickly sold it. It was heavy, uncomfortable, there was no way to use your own headset and you would constantly have to fiddle with the adjustments to have the 3D image look any good. For a product I was very excited for I was very disappointed.
I haven't had a chance to try the Oculus Rift (hopefully soon) but the design looks much better than Sony's offering.
It would be nice to see some PS4 games using Oculus Rift.
Infamous298  +   358d ago
Hopefully its cheap.
sobekflakmonkey  +   357d ago
you can buy the Oculus Rift Dev kit for $300 and it comes with the Oculus Rift apprently, so I dunno, we'll see how much all this costs...actually planning on getting an Oculus Rift dev kit this summer, see what I can do with it.
#1.2.1 (Edited 357d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
mark134uk  +   358d ago
so with gaikai and possibly a virtual headset in 2014 im really glad i bought a ps4 :)
piroh  +   358d ago
Sony cares about customers
XiSasukeUchiha  +   357d ago
Sony is the friendiest gaming company other than Nintendo and other great studios

P.S I know which studios that u talking :)
webeblazing  +   357d ago
so people downplayed oculus rift and now their a chance so is following their lead, now its the best and greatest idea of so called next gen.

this is why i said people shouldnt downplay things just because it not on their favorite platform cause in the end it looks pathetic. which is the trend on this site.
SilentNegotiator  +   357d ago
Who was downplaying it?

It's not like there was any doubt that it would come to the PS4 (probably Xbone as well, and obviously PC).
#1.4.1 (Edited 357d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
NeoTribe  +   357d ago
What are you rambling on about? Nobody downplayed anything here. Go start arguments with yourself somewhere else.
Sheikah  +   358d ago
Please be a VR/Occulus game for the PS4?
frostypants  +   358d ago
With the very strong rumors of a Sony VR headset coming out late 2014 or so as well as this company's background, it seems pretty likely.
Etseix  +   358d ago
they say ndream is very bonded with playstation home... i can't help to imagine a new ps4's playstation home with vr/occulus compatibility, which... would be either scary or too funny haha.
TheFallenAngel  +   358d ago
God of War 4 and the order 1886 with oculus rift please.
#3 (Edited 358d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
ZodTheRipper  +   358d ago
The Elder Scrolls: 6 & Fallout 4 please ...I think firsr person games are better suited for that device.
mt  +   358d ago
horror first person shooter more specifically are the perfect fit for that device.

also racing video games.
theshredded  +   358d ago
It has begun
webeblazing  +   357d ago
yep the flip flopping has begun. PS FANBOYS, SHIFT TO THE LEFT!!!
TomahawkX  +   358d ago
Sony VR headset bundle with game for $300, I'll bite.
himdeel  +   358d ago
Yep I'd bite at that price too.
pheature  +   358d ago
personally i think they should take there time with this, sure the new gen has just begun, software will change in next few years, it would be better the wait and maximize the full potential of the consoles instead of releasing one of these now on a console which is good, but not at its full power.
sourav93  +   358d ago
They probably have been working on the VR headset for a few years now. So I doubt they would be rushing it by releasing it in 2014.
KakashiHotake  +   358d ago
I'm looking forward to this reveal. I suspect it will be in Feb, same month the PS4 was revealed and then launch possibly around E3 time. This is one thing besides the games that will definitely keep the hype up throughout 2014. this is truly shaping up to be a memorable year for gaming.
#7 (Edited 358d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
WeAreLegion  +   358d ago
CES is next week. I think they'll be revealing it there.
Infamous298  +   358d ago
8-10 jan 2014 i think.
WeAreLegion  +   358d ago
Correct, but Kaz's keynote speech is on the 7th.

medman  +   358d ago
This years E3 should be stellar. Very much looking forward to seeing lots of reveals and juicy surprises.
#8 (Edited 358d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cable2kx  +   358d ago
Wait didn't the maker of the Oculus Rift say it wouldn't work on on the PS4 and Xbox one? I could be wrong, but i thought i read that somewhere
Sheikah  +   358d ago
Fairly sure I read that too. But that's a question of compatibility. Also, it's just hardware - and Sony, being an electronics manufacturer, are likely to have give their own version a go, if the Occulus does well enough.

Companies are not prone to turn down the prospect of money ^^
frostypants  +   358d ago
Heard the same thing. But Sony should be announcing their own headset in the next 2-3 months.
WeAreLegion  +   358d ago
Palmer never said that, but he did say they weren't interested in bringing it to consoles. They feel it would limit them and possibly stretch them too thin. These guys do it out of love for the technology. Palmer and the rest of the team have also said they welcome any and all competitors because they're in it for improvement/spread of the tech. Shuhei has talked to the Oculus guys on many occasions.
SilentNegotiator  +   357d ago
An updated version of the Rift (which is expected) and a firmware update would obviously change that.
LKHGFDSA  +   358d ago
I enjoyed nDreams' work in Playstation Home and look forward to this project.
I wonder if it's planned to work for the new unannounced headset Sony are bringing out this year.
GirlOnFire  +   358d ago
AWESOMESAUCE! My eyes are already ready!! I just hope the price doesn't require me to donate an organ. ^~^
Eonjay  +   358d ago
"I’m delighted to be able to officially announce that we are working on a PlayStation 4 title, which will launch in 2014. More details will follow next year, but it’s the most ambitious game we have ever created, and we can’t wait to reveal more about it – it’s going to be something truly special. "
jmac53  +   358d ago
Well then, this is an unofficial confirmation of Sony's VR headset. I hope they can keep the price down.
#13 (Edited 358d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TristanPR77  +   358d ago
I hope it turns out to be awesome.
GraveLord  +   358d ago
Not really feeling the VR hype. I'd have to try it myself before buying something like that.
frostypants  +   358d ago
Imagine a racing game where you could play in-car and just turn your head to see if someone is next to you (yeah, Forza 4 tried this using the Kinect camera but it was a miserable failure), or an RPG where your vision is fully immersed in the game world. It has huge implications for gameplay.

VR already had its hype-and-bust phase in the 1990s. Mainstream graphics hardware has finally gotten to where VR can achieve its vision. This time around it will stick. Mark my words.

It does require many games to be made specifically for the tech, though. Some "normal" games end up losing their depth of vision with a VR headset. Probably due to the fact that you basically have a TV screen right in your face.
#15.1 (Edited 358d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SilentNegotiator  +   357d ago
I got a chance to play with the rift. The games I played were crappy concept games, but they showed off serious potential. I played a demo where you walk around a house and a small sea-side outdoor area....it's like you're there. It's awesome.

Definitely wait to try it for yourself before making a judgement on it. If Rift gets off the ground, I'm sure there will at least be demo stations in malls.
#15.2 (Edited 357d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
darx  +   357d ago
What! You don't want to look like a total d-bag with that thing strapped to you face?
mt  +   358d ago
it looks like home was so profitable for nDreams ;p they were the big name in Home.

can't wait to see what they are working on.
jgrigs09   358d ago | Offensive
Duke19  +   358d ago
Cant imagine being able to play a game with a headset on without my gf or the dog messing with me while I can't see anything
Ohai  +   357d ago
I knew this was coming! I heard a interview with the oculus guys that when asked about ms and sony colab, didn't deny it. I'm sure both consoles will eventually get it. Money talks.
#19 (Edited 357d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Five Reasons To Check Out Pokemon ORAS

1h ago - EB's Nat Smyth writes, "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been out for a little while no... | 3DS

Redhead Redemption Cheats: The Strategy Guide and Tips

2h ago - Redhead Redemption 9GAG Cheats Rewards and Guide for Android/iPhone Game. Combo equals coin mult... | iPhone

Sunset Overdrive's New Expansion Is Short But Sweet - Kotaku

3h ago - Sunset Overdrive, the silly new shooter from the creators of Ratchet & Clank, got its first story... | Xbox One

10 Most “WTF?” Video Games Of All Time

3h ago - WC: There are weird people out there. It’s just one of those things that we’ve got to learn to ac... | Culture

Win a PS4!!

Now - Join us on Filmwatch to find out how you can win a free PS4 this holiday season! | Promoted post

Forza Horizon 2: Storm Island Review | Hardcore Gamer

4h ago - Hardcore Gamer: The Forza series is known for being DLC-heavy when it comes to cars, but less so... | Xbox One