Submitted by Abriael 110d ago | news

Naughty Dog: Uncharted for PS4 and The Last Of Us DLC Only Projects in Development, Nothing for Vita

Many always wonder if popular developers like Naughty Dog have something secret up their sleeve, but Community Strategist Eric Monacelli denied that possibility, also denying that any game may be in development for the PS Vita. (PS Vita, PS3, PS4, The Last Of Us, Uncharted PS4)

DarkLordMalik  +   110d ago
This was too good of a dream to be true :(
ZodTheRipper  +   110d ago
Well this means that most of Naughty Dog is working on UC4 which raises my expectations for that game yet again :D
And I'm sure they'll be able to fulfill them.
#1.1 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(18) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
mikeslemonade  +   109d ago
Those guys at Naughty Dog are so good that they can beat my imaginations.

Can't wait to see this near photo-realistic masterpiece they have up their sleeves.
showtimefolks  +   109d ago
zod18

original team is hard at work on Uncharted(has it been called uncharted 4? because at PS event it was just shown as uncharted. Sony hasn't used many 4's in software title at launch, like killzone shadow fall instead of killzone 4)

2nd team is working on DLC and most likely a new project for ps4(i am still hopeful that TLOU will come out on ps4 with all its DLC as GOTY edition)
Totoro17  +   109d ago
Crap i accidentally disagreed! But I gave you a bubble ;).

The Uncharted series it the reason I got a PS4. Time after time, Naughty Dog has given us some of the most amazing games that have ever been made and to this day, make games that I will pre-order and buy on day one. I can't say the same for any other game studio. I have that much trust and faith in their games.
mikeslemonade  +   109d ago
Instead of a remastered TLoU for the PS4, they need to send some Naughty Dog employees to help the guys making the Last Guardian. 2 year development cycle vs 7 year development cycle.. what gives??
#1.1.4 (Edited 109d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
gatormatt80  +   109d ago
mikeslemonade

TLoU took 4 years to produce. It was done by the UC2 team. But your point still remains true.
piroh  +   110d ago
you could still play Uncharted 4 on Vita thanks to remote play
bakagaijin78  +   109d ago
This was my first thought too.

Played some AC4 through remote play the other day and was pretty impressed. It's a great feature that I think I'll be using a lot... especially when the hockey game is on and my husband wants the TV.
webeblazing  +   110d ago
yeah that sucks. was going to buy another vita since i lost it, but now not sure. thinking about getting a 3ds or nvidia shield. i used my vita for everything, especially since when i brought a amp for it. just wish they brought andriod apps to it. they say its good enough to stream netflix but for some dumb reason they never brought a ebook reader to it(reading online was so ez clear text). vita is the best handle on the market but sony made a lot of bad choices. games are slowly coming out, so thats good.

they need more apps and their big devs focusing on ps4 make it less desirable for seeing how i brought it day one. now that i think about it... im miss my vita it got the most love.
pwnsause_returns  +   110d ago
ebook reader would definitely benefit the system. I really dont know why they dropped support for comics in the first place, especially on the eve of the the Vita's launch back 2 years ago
#1.3.1 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
NeoTribe  +   109d ago
Lol nvidia shield. I wouldnt be caught playing with that dorky thing.
ZodTheRipper  +   110d ago
I guess after finishing TLOU DLC they'll start porting an "Ultimate Edition" to PS4. I'd definately be interested in seeing that.
colonel179  +   110d ago
It would be better if they start working on something else. With the release of Gaikai service, everyone will be able to play PS3 on the PS4, so why waste time an resources?

Naughty Dog know how to do great games, so let the continue with that tradition.
ZodTheRipper  +   110d ago | Well said
Gaikai'ing a PS3 game is something entirely different than witnessing TLOU in glorious 1080p/60fps. I don't think porting the game would take too much time or resources ...it would rather generate even more $$$ because lots of people are asking for it.
ambientFLIER  +   109d ago
TLOU doesn't need 60fps. It plays just fine and smooth as long as it's locked at 30fps. Those resources are better used to make the game look even better, like real-time weather and lighting (not just the flashlight).
WackyVee  +   110d ago
There's something else for sure.

They have two teams and I assume only one is working on the next Uncharted, I don't see another whole team working on a dlc.

Whether they're porting TLOU to the PS4 or are in the early stage of something else is the question.
webeblazing  +   110d ago
why would you want them to waste their time port tlou instead of making a new game for you.
HowarthsNJ  +   110d ago
Well it is the same engine.
supraking951  +   110d ago
Take my money
Godz Kastro  +   110d ago
Well there goes my excitement for picking up a PS4 :/
Nineball2112  +   110d ago
It might be just me, but could you clarify?

Because it seems that you lost your excitement for the PS4 because a developer isn't working on a PS Vita game, but instead is working on a PS4 game...

How does that work? o_O
NukaCola  +   110d ago
The fear of playing a AAA GOTY title must be a rare medical anomaly in your genes.
#4.2 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(29) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
snookiegamer  +   110d ago
Vita can stream PS4/PS3 remotely and with Gaikai incoming, I'm a little concerned there is going to be less emphasis on AAA titles for Vita.

Yes, Indie titles will still appear in abundance on Vita, but I can see less AAA games being made specifically for the device.

This is one of those rare occasions when I want to be wrong ;(
#5 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
bothebo  +   110d ago
Totally agree with you. Why aren't they making a game for the Vita? Surely they have the resources to make a DLC and a handheld game. Another instance of SCEA's incompetence with handhelds.
rambi80  +   110d ago
yeah. The writing is on the wall. its gonna be a companion device for the ps4 now. We'll still get jrpgs and indie ports, but that's about it.
Evilsnuggle  +   110d ago
after the last of us N.D have a lot to live up to. I'm hopefully that they do a reboot like Open world Assassin's Creed black Flag. Would be awesome Give Nathan Drake a break freshen up the series what's the new characters. I hope it's in the past like some think it is. I was hoping for the Last of Us 2 on PS4.
#6 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
jay2  +   110d ago
It'll be good if they bring all the team together on U4 from finishing the DLC. Who cares if some a talented team makes a PS Vita game, it won't sell the numbers it deserves.
Dark11  +   110d ago
Good to know that they're not wasting their time on vita.
snookiegamer  +   110d ago
So in your comment you dismiss millions of PS Vita customers....with respect, truly a gamer you are not!
Dark11  +   110d ago
Not really .. the majority of us want ND to focus on PS4 .. and only few people want a vita (see the awful vita sales)

@staticdash22

LMAO! .. Well said.
#8.1.1 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(11) | Report
staticdash22  +   110d ago
Millions of Vita owners? It was outsold by the Wii U according to the last NPD sales figures.
#8.1.2 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(12) | Report
dedicatedtogamers  +   110d ago
@ staticdash22

The fact that 7 million Vitas have sold so far would qualify his statement of "millions of PS Vita customers". Y'know, because there actually are millions out there.

That said, I never expected ND to make a Vita game. Unfortunately, handhelds are often seen as the ghetto of game development.
OtakuDJK1NG  +   110d ago
@dedicatedtogamers

Vita has not sold no where near 7m.
imXify  +   110d ago
1M of Uncharted Vita sold at retails ain't nothing.
malokevi  +   109d ago
Yes, he isn't a real gamer because he is happy that ND aren't focusing on a platform that he doesn't own and/or doesn't care about.

That. Totally. Makes. Sense.
lonewolfjedi  +   110d ago
remember they also said we wouldnt play as ellie in the last of us
Watari321  +   110d ago
That's a spolier some people haven't beat the game yet..
desertpunk86  +   110d ago
thank god i dint chose the vita over the 3ds can you imagine spending $200 on a handheld with no future and its now a ps4 add on that play games at 30 to 25 fps wow talk about dropping support now is official the vita is worst than the wii u.
#10 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(14) | Report | Reply
snookiegamer  +   110d ago
Not sure about the Wii U comparison. Yet sadly, and as much as I'm reluctant to, I have to agree with you. The PS Vita has been reduced to that of a mobile device and second screen companion.

@Staticdash22

Are you seriously trying to tell me the Vita has not sold millions???

@Dark11

I don't think you should be speaking on behalf of everyone else, but your own opinion is acceptable if you must.....Allow me to quote you 'the majority of us want ND to focus on PS4 .. and only few people want a vita'

Anyway, I'm not here to get drawn into an argument with with you or anyone else....I prefer sensible discussion, not self centered, selfish banter...and it's easy to reply to someone who's out of bubbles. And good day to you sir!
#10.1 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Dark11  +   110d ago
"I don't think you should be speaking on behalf of everyone else"

I'm not .. i'm just judging by the sales performance and so far vita is selling like shit.
webeblazing  +   110d ago
like i said after losing my vita, seeing this makes me scare to buy another one. and he speaks of sales a lot of factors go into sales. look at me i sketchy now because not alot of support is being shown. not saying in the future theyre not gonna blast use with a ton of stuff. but people stay away from device that dont last long unless cell phone but we use those differently.
Dan_scruggs  +   110d ago
Probably best that they don't waste their time.
jcnba28  +   110d ago
Don't understand why Sony is not supporting the Vita. Where is GOW? Infamous? GT?
e-p-ayeaH  +   110d ago
I get a feeling that GT6 might get a portable edition.
KratosSaveUs  +   110d ago
They now its a waste of time and money to make a Vita game because it won't sell. The best Vita game Tearaway only sold 14k.
#13 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Watari321  +   110d ago
If the vita had 10 more Tearaways it would be selling extremely well but if people say "hey the vita is selling poorly lets not make any games" then it will countinue to sell poorly.
gamepard  +   110d ago
ohhh F**k i hoped for new a Crash Bandicoot exclusively on PS4
Mister_Dawg  +   110d ago
Whoopy doo.
2pacalypsenow  +   110d ago
The last of us 2 on ps4 GOTD
#16 (Edited 110d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
DanielGearSolid  +   110d ago
Dammit, I was hoping for another new IP, but its Naughty Dog, "I aint worried bout nothin"
Bebedora  +   110d ago
At the same time, I am glad they pull all effort on one single product. That means they do the best they can do and also concentrate on one thing. Great things to come. I am positive about that.

...plus the DLC o/c.
Maxor  +   110d ago
I am probably the only person in the world to have bought but never bothered bothered to play TLOU for more than an hour.

Reason being, I preordered the PS4 on the very next day and sold my PS3 the week after.

Now I can't wait for this game to come out on the PS4 so I can see what the fuss is all about.
DigitalRaptor  +   109d ago
So with no other priorities, that's Uncharted "4" for November 2014 then.

3 years of development, it can't not be ready to go for then.
mochachino  +   109d ago
I really hope they make the gun play more fun. I hate bullet sponges, I recognize that later enemies had armor but common, it's an AK.
Relientk77  +   109d ago
Uncharted 4 woooo
kwiksilver99  +   109d ago
it's sad to know that sony's top dogs dont have any vita projects lined up as far as i know
i would have loved to see what they could do on the vita.
A proper uncharted with online mp, an exclusive god of war,a gran turismo vita,or a new ip etc.
games like killzone merc,soul sacrifice showcase what a proper vita centric game is capable of ,and i'm certain sony's top studios could raise the bar.
if it were me,i'd make an offshoot vita team in every sony studio :) so it doesnt get ignored as much
p.s playing soul sacrifice ( courtesy igc collection),its a great vita game and i cant wait to pick up soul sacrifice delta.
Gamesgbkiller  +   109d ago
There was nothing to get exited for in the first place.

I don't know what is 2014 holds for the VITA.
windblowsagain  +   109d ago
Anything uncharted wise for VITA will be made by SCE Bend Studio.

Which is fine.
modesign  +   109d ago
i want to know what sony santa monica is working on
Batnut00  +   109d ago
Aww I would've loved to see Naughty Dog do something for the Vita.
MasterofMagnetism  +   109d ago
Can't wait to see Uncharted 4 gameplay.

Moebius: Empire Rising Review | Hardcore Gamer

39m ago - The game isn’t just awkward and unpleasant, it’s an insult. | PC

Interview: Greg Kasavin Discusses New Ideas and a New World in Transistor

1h ago - DualShockers speaks with Supergiant Games' Creative Director, Greg Kasavin, on what to expect fro... | PC

Super Smash Bros Direct Ultimate Guide

2h ago - Chris of Berathen says, "Masahiro Sakurai, the designer of Smash Bros, has released a lot of info... | Wii U

Friday Fan Art Feature #3 April 2014

2h ago - Game-Art-HQ featured six artists and their video game related artworks of Donkey Kong, Jill Valen... | Culture

Filmwatch April Contests

Now - Calling all Marvel fans. Come celebrate the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier with us as we give away a cool prize for fans of Cap plu... | Promoted post

Explaining the Love of Gaming to the Uninitiated

2h ago - Why do we love to game? This writer tries to put words to the feeling that gaming gives him. | Culture