Submitted by Abriael 260d ago | news

PS4 Exclusive Deep Down Gets New Info: Greatswords, Memento Buffs; Online Corpse Looting and More

In the wake of the new Deep Down asset blowout done by Capcom just a few days ago, new information about the game is trickling down the grapevine, letting fans know more about the title's weapons and gameplay. (Deep Down, PS4)

Alternative Sources
ZodTheRipper  +   260d ago
I'm very excited for this game, the PS4 needs a good RPG at the moment and this seems to be a perfect fit.
I just hope the F2P aspect won't ruin the experience ...
Abriael  +   260d ago
My biggest hope is that the F2P aspect will be fully focused on the apartment the player gets. Previous experience tells that there's a lot to be made with microtransactions focused on housing, and even if that was fully microtransactions driven, it wouldn't really influence the rest of the gameplay too much.

Hell, I'd probably even spend a few bucks on it myself, because I'm a sucker for housing. I need to have a christmas three and all that crap :D
#1.1 (Edited 260d ago ) | Agree(27) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Snookies12  +   260d ago
That's a great idea... Hopefully that's the model they'll go with. I'd hate to think of being limited in gameplay because of F2P barriers getting in the way.
ZodTheRipper  +   260d ago
Fully agree, I'll definately spend a few bucks if the game is fun just to support it ...but I don't want it to harm the gameplay itself (e. g. Pay2Win). I'd also say that by now most developers have learned how to use the F2P model in a good way so I'm absolutely not concerned yet.
BitbyDeath  +   260d ago
Agreed, i'd stop playing as soon as I saw any pay2win mechanics in the game. I'll buy things like apartment furniture if I play the game a lot.
Jubez187  +   260d ago
Just be careful, this game looks like it has a pretty expensive budget, and it's not being made out of the goodwill of company that's been dying ever since it made Dante in a greaser and released a Resident Evil where the zombies pretty much run from you. That being said, you should be prepared to cough up at least 50 dollars into this game.
Kryptix  +   260d ago
The Pay to Win formula poses many problems like even if you do pay for a powerful weapon, a new more powerful weapon will slip into the market place eventually and you'll feel like you lost out on a few bucks. Also that it ruins the balance and economy, thus ruining the entire point of the game of progressing and seeing that you're more powerful than other players.

The only micro-transactions that I find acceptable are cosmetics/clothes, pets that just follow you around, and furniture.

Let's hope this is not the case and they go for the smaller things. Even expansion packs like DCUO are acceptable but nothing that ruins the core game for everyone.
#1.1.5 (Edited 260d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
bjmartynhak  +   260d ago
My problem with F2P is the lack of focus on story. If it turns out to be just a looting game, it is over for me.

That's just my taste though, either a competitive game or a story-driven one.
fendernow  +   260d ago
Abehail falsely accused me below with this statement "You seem to be mad because this isn't on your console of choice. Just saying."

@Abehail, as a news reporter you should know better than to speculate and make false accusations (then again, we are talking about a 'video game journalist' (lol) worrying about trying to rig the hotness of a story on a daily basis,). It is best to stick with facts. Just saying
DeadlyFire  +   255d ago
You guys do know one day there will come a developer that knows how to build a proper free to play game that everyone will want to enjoy. Its possible Capcom could qualify. We will see.

Exploring randomly generated dungeons free to play style sounds almost like Warframe's F2P design to me. Which is fun and pretty decent one at that. So Capcom could have a real winner on their hands. :)
fendernow   260d ago | Bad language | show | Replies(7)
Necro_559  +   260d ago
F2P WILL ruining this game. F2P and narrative are like oil and vinegar.
HaveAsandwich  +   260d ago
great on italian subs?
ZombieKiller  +   260d ago
I really hope this is the start of Capcom's return to their roots. To me, that means they will start producing good games again! Capcom was GREAT for a while! Then it tried too hard to catch the COD crowd of casuals. Just make good games like you used to Capcom....please?

It's cool to see a mimic! Can't wait to see this game!

Whoever called it Deep Shit is freaking retarded. This game looks amazing.
jc12  +   260d ago
Looks ok, but personally speaking, im not really sure why everyone is so excited about this game.

In my opinion, Capcom hasnt put out a great game since RE4.
saber00005  +   260d ago
Destiny zod18 ;)
Walker  +   260d ago
This game is gonna be dark souls clone !
Abriael  +   260d ago
Of course. Because dark souls is a 4 player co-op online game.

You got it :D

It has some similarities here and there, but from there to "clone" it's a long jump.

Or is Dark Souls a clone of Zelda because it has mimics?
#2.1 (Edited 260d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Conzul  +   260d ago
I think this will be my replacement for Realm of the Mad God. That died awhile ago, but this seems similar in spirit.

Except not permadeath.
KwietStorm  +   260d ago
There are some clear similarities, but I'm not going to call it a clone. Regardless, I wouldn't mind a Soul's game on PS4 anyway. This game sounds better every time they reveal something.
Detoxx  +   260d ago
I hope you can purchase the "full game".
Abriael  +   260d ago
Doubt it'll be possible. Maybe there'll be some option with some of the microtransactions bundled in (Japanese devs do that a lot), but a full package is unlikely, as it's pretty much incompatible with the microtransaction based housing.
Detoxx  +   260d ago
This game is looking zo freaking awesome..

I just hope they don't split the game up to much with these micro transactions.
ssj4wolf  +   260d ago
Online corpse looting? Oh boy I can see it now walking down a dark narrow path and seeing some other Guy's corpse laying there then take all his items a kill what killed him! Oooooo I can't wait! I just hope capcom does there model right that's my only concern
#4 (Edited 260d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
CGI-Quality  +   260d ago
Although I wasn't big on this game before (not really a fan of online-only), the more they show of it, the more interesting it looks.
Abriael  +   260d ago
There's a single player mode too. I'm not sure if it can be played offline though.
CGI-Quality  +   260d ago
I don't believe it can. At least, no that I've heard.
desertpunk86  +   260d ago
the game is free to play and free to fail.
DigitalRaptor  +   260d ago
Any game is free to fail.

It depends on what the developer does with it.
XiSasukeUchiha  +   260d ago
Freakin sweet want to buy so badly
toddybad  +   260d ago
Why have they decided to go with an Assasin's Creed style - looking into the past from the future - modern day setting at all?

Just start and end in the time of the dungeons.
Crossbones  +   260d ago
Please release in 2014.
robtion  +   260d ago
Very worried about this being F2P.

I really want it to be good but am not happy with any F2P games on the ps4 so far. Would rather pay full retail price for an awesome game than have a 1/2 baked F2P.

Let's hope this game proves me wrong and is awesome.
Sony_Fan  +   260d ago
WAIT I THOUGHT THE GENERAL CONCENSUS FROM PEOPLE WHO PLAYED IT AND SITES WAS THAT THE GAME IS STALE AND CLUNKY?!?
#11 (Edited 260d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Jubez187  +   260d ago
People are downvoting you but a lot of publications did say that
IIZANGETSUII  +   260d ago
Can youi pls stop posting every article starting with "PS4 exclusive..." we alreday know that no need to bring the same starting line in every article
#12 (Edited 260d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
Drasill  +   260d ago
This game looks horrible.
Deeke  +   260d ago
Everyone needs to see this 15 minute playthrough of Deep Down! Sure it's in Japanese, but it is pretty snazzy and eye-opening on how awesome the game is.

I REALLY hope this comes overseas to North America!

Related video
KratosSaveUs  +   260d ago
I hope this is released in US. And I'm really really hoping Yakuza Ishin is released in US.
Baka-akaB  +   260d ago
I wouldnt hold my breath on Ishin , it is sega after all . YA5 or the black panther psp series arent even there , and Ishin's spiritual prequel , Kenzan on ps3 was never considered for release .

It took lots of energy to convince them to give people the yakuza games they wanted , and even then they had to plan it horribly wrong :

- english only games in europe in the 00s ? good luck with that

- No advertising and releasing alongside major mega hits each frickin time ? good job !!

- Wasting fund on a marginal , negligeible (even if ok) spin off like Yakuza Dead souls , that would be hard to promote and market in the west , instead of securing funds for a localisation of YA5 ? Awesome !
#15.1 (Edited 260d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
KratosSaveUs  +   260d ago
I may just import it if it lives up to expectations. I wonder how much that would cost ?
Baka-akaB  +   260d ago
Expect probably 70-80 dollars if you get it at release . Just wait till summer for it to drop imo , and to see if indeed there isnt an announcement for the west
boeso  +   260d ago
Really unsure on F2P on consoles. I mean, how much game are we getting? Should we spend $60 max on micro stuff or $30. I mean, a game you really love and go for multiple play-throughs, will those people end up paying more than $60 for all the content? Can't be good for Dark Souls type players.

Or is it a great deal? I have no idea lol.
thehitman  +   260d ago
Well my experience w/ F2P on PC that its much better than pay to play LOL. It just depends on how the F2P model is designed. If the F2P model is designed w/ item mall/cash shop that has mostly aesthetics such as costumes, pots, mounts etc... then its good. If they do a pay to win model with selling over powered pvp weapon enhancements or selling gear themselves thats the bad way to do a model.

You never have to worry about it being less than a game like you have to pay to unlock content which is the huge misconception people get when they hear F2P. If you like the game you can spend nothing on it and usually use hard work to get anything you want or pay 30 to 60 to thousands on the game. The benefits of F2P is having the largest audience possible play your game that makes up by far for the $60 retail price they would pay for micro stuff. It does well for the community since you have a lot of gamers and usually they pull in more potential cash. Though greediness usually ends a lot of F2P games.
AaronMK  +   260d ago
You can't go into F2P with this notion of only spending X amount of money. You may find that gives you a complete experience with the game if X is high enough, but you have no way of knowing that until you have spent X.

If X turns out not to be enough, you are either going to feel you have wasted X, or go over your original budget so you don't feel that the X spent was wasted.

As a general rule of thumb, when something is advertised as "free", that is a good reason to be unsure of it. It is usually really to try to get you to spend more money than you would have to get the "free" item, or to spend money you would not have spent once you are "in the door".

I have not found "Free to Play" to be any exception to this rule.
Duke19  +   260d ago
Can never have too many RPG choices, can't wait
phantomexe  +   260d ago
I don't want it to be free to play at all. Last year you guys were against microtransaction but now it's ok. Anyone remember DeadSpace 3 you guys hated it for alot of reasons but the one big thing that sticks out was those microtransaction which you didn't even need but you guys went ape crap over them. It's ok now that it's on the PS4 tho and it's another game. So many of you guys hurt gameing. It's ok now right?
BABY-JEDI  +   260d ago
It seems to me that Dualshockers likes to loot the corpse of this story. So far, many small itsy bitsy scraps of info.
hazardman  +   260d ago
I want to play this game bad, but again another game with microtransactions. Microtransactions is fast becoming the way the devs implement drm onto our games after all MS and Sony said now its up to devs. I just want to know if im the only one thinking this. Microtransactions ruined my favorite game NBA2K14, now you cant play off line, only quick game. Sucks because I have no net til I get back to work Mar/April....
snookiegamer  +   260d ago
Micro-transactions/F2P can be a benefit for some. How many times have we all purchased a full priced game and not used half the weapons/cars/costumes and other features? Probably a lot of us.

At least we can pay for the parts of the game that most interest us, and may even end up cheaper to play than that of a full/retail release. Hello Driveclub!

Lastly, it seems some of our gaming friends are already p'sing on this game from high above...give it a chance to release and then condemn it if it's awful...but not before!
#21 (Edited 260d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
mediate-this  +   260d ago
Every body here knows it, deep down should be a normal retail disc based game, this game has alot of potential, i dont think it will do good as f2p.

Destiny: One Week Later

11m ago - The Internet has exploded over the last week with the recent release of Bungie’s latest game Dest... | Xbox 360

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Gets Launch Trailer

11m ago - SquareEnix‘s stylus-tapping rhythm game Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call launches today in... | 3DS

Nintendo Says Smash Bros. 3DS Demo Gold “For Fun” Only, Not Transferable

13m ago - Nintendo says the Super Smash Bros. 3DS demo gold can't be transferred to retail copies of the fi... | 3DS

Destiny – Don’t Be So Quick To Judge

17m ago - Gameranx's Jacob Saylor writes a defense of Destiny, in the face of so much criticism of the game... | Xbox 360

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (XB1) Review

Now - Ken mows down massive armies in the latest Musou game. | Promoted post

First 4 Figures shows off full Megaman statue design

17m ago - Collectibles maker First 4 Figures reveals full design of Megaman statue and opens preorders. | Culture