Submitted by africanos23 243d ago | news

Battlefield 4 Is A Threat To China - More Games Will Be Banned In The Future

HardwarePal : China after 13 years finally had their console ban lifted, their was a blast in sales of both video games and game consoles. Its very odd that consoles are mass produced there but were banned due to some cultural and parental reasons. (Battlefield 4, PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

moujahed  +   243d ago
China will ban western air current if they could.
Pwnmachine  +   242d ago
They may be popular in banning things, but this game is directly saying China is the enemy of the entire World, it's pretty fucked up, it's all pretty insane and I was just waiting for this to happen. China is not our enemy in reality at all as mainstream media portrays, neither are they that bad as a whole and their ways are quite exaggerated. There are millions of people just like us that live over there trying to make good changes just like we are here.

When I say people like we, and they, I mean the people, not the Government.. including ours as in U.S people, not the Government because they are not doing a single damn thing right for us other than profiting from control and war. Not a discussion, just how it is period, unfortunately. However things are changing for the good :)
#1.1 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(17) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
XboxPS  +   242d ago
So what?
Most of the Call of Duty games are saying that Russia is a big enemy.
But Russia didn't ban it.
Pwnmachine   242d ago | Bad language | show
TrueJerseyDevil  +   242d ago
Well of course they make it seem like they are an enemy of the world. Call of Duty does the same thing, hell all army type shooters do it. It is just to make the story seem interesting which it usually isn't anyway, it isn't like people around the world think that China is bad because a "video game" makes it seem that way
Crimsonwilson  +   242d ago
China wasnt really the enemy. It was that General. As soon as they realized that the President was alive the stopped fighting.
hazardman  +   242d ago
Agreed!! Im glad you let that out!
Sarcasm  +   242d ago
Did you actually play the game? Because China wasn't portrayed as the enemy of the entire world.

God I hate people who take things out of context like you do.
CaptCalvin  +   242d ago
China banned it because it portrayed the authority of the government as unstable, which China really doesn't like.
Wenis  +   242d ago
Actually, more games won't be banned. Now that China is opening up to video games, companies will want to take advantage of that market. So they will go out of their way to develop a game that China "approves" of.

This same kind of shit is happening with Hollywood movies. Movies shown in China cant be critical of China (among other things), and since China is such a huge market, the big Hollywood studios are essentially selling out to China to make sure their movies meet China's approval. I expect the big greedy game publishers to follow suit
FRAKISTAN  +   243d ago
why are ppl so up in arms if china banned BF4? ppl in america could not even handle having a group named taliban in medal of honor. LOL
Majin-vegeta  +   243d ago
Or six days in Fallujah. http://youtu.be/D_ULc9YtWmM
SilentNegotiator  +   243d ago
A name being changed in a game...do tell how that's anything like banning a game. They VOLUNTARILY changed the name because of some voiced concerns; a little more democratic than a game being banned.

And six days in Fallujah wasn't banned, it didn't get a publisher.

Anything to find the "hypocrisy" in America, even where it doesn't exist. A minority being unhappy about something isn't anywhere in the same league as no one in the entire country getting the chance to play it because their country banned it.
#2.2 (Edited 243d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
sckipt  +   242d ago
I still love that series.
ChipChipperson  +   242d ago
How about you also lump in the people of Europe AND Canada as they couldn't handle that Taliban/Medal of Honor thing either. Former Defence Secretary Liam Fox mentioned it was an "un-British" game to plays as them and wanted to ban it, yet there were NO British forces present in it; they were all US forces. And why does SilentNegotiator get all these disagrees when what he said was true? When it's a minority in the USA, all Americans are crying and are stupid. When it's any other country, oh no, that's only a few people and we're still right. Nice to see what the general attitude on this site is, "If they're American, I hate' em".
Irishguy95  +   243d ago
Would love if more games had me invading America.
TechNews  +   243d ago
You can always make one..
Irishguy95  +   243d ago
Hey, i'll give it a shot in 2-5 years. I'm not that good of a programmer....yet
solidsheep  +   243d ago
While at it let's make the good guy eastern European.
HammadTheBeast  +   242d ago
There's a few like that, but they'll likely get you on the NSA's watch-list.
sckipt  +   242d ago
Well I guess if they made it so HomeFront 2 you can be the invaders that would be cool but the game would be banned in like 15 min
MetaReapre  +   242d ago
Yea why can't there be any games of Canada invading some place?? Lol I wanna see my country doing something in these war games! Lol
TrueJerseyDevil  +   242d ago
Because Canada never does anything war wise lmao
OverPaperSkies  +   242d ago
America invaded Canada in the Fallout universe lol....
Mutant-Spud  +   242d ago
Well in the "other people's" history of WW2 as opposed to the American version the Canadians and British did most of the real fighting on D-Day in 1944.
TrueJerseyDevil  +   242d ago
Than we hear about the guy who made the game "insert name here" where you invade America gets kidnapped by the U.S Gov. for suggesting terrorism
hazardman  +   242d ago
I guess games is the closest any country would ever get to doing it! Lol....bring it!!
awi5951  +   242d ago
Too bad it will never happen in real life since America is so well armed. You may take over the Northern states but when you hit the south your done for we have guns everywhere 10 guns to each person so good luck with that.
MajorGecko  +   243d ago
chinesse will prob come up with a pirate version that works better then the real game
lonewolfjedi   243d ago | Off topic | show | Replies(2)
djplonker   243d ago | Off topic | show | Replies(4)
secretcode  +   243d ago
It's kinda silly to ban a game in your country when it was never released or never planned for a release there in any official form. Shine on, you crazy bastards.
KontryBoy706  +   243d ago
BUTTHURT
BABY-JEDI  +   243d ago
The good thing about China is that you can walk the streets or go into a park at night & not get mugged or shot. As for banning BF 4. If they had Chinese troops saving the world I'm sure their government would approve of the game.
; )
awi5951  +   242d ago
Dictatorships are always safer because you have no freedom and the government watches your every move. Crime is lower also in these states you get executed for stealing do you really think anyone will have the balls to commit a real crime. It's easy to get rid of crime when the punishment for every crime is 20 years in jail or execution.
#9.1 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
BABY-JEDI  +   242d ago
Sadam Hussains regime was a dictatorship run by criminals. Taliban regimes run by criminals. China is now imprisoning corrupt officials, while the west does absolutely nothing with regards to government & banking sector corruption. Makes you wonder about your point. Me, I like to know that when I'm in china on holiday I'm pretty safe.
; )
awi5951  +   242d ago
You still have to do what your are told, agree with the government 100 percent and if you decent in anyway they crush you. Any country that demands that U.S companies help them to keep lying to their people by helping them censor the internet isnt worth saving. I can tell Obama to his face on national TV that hes a idiot and i wont go to jail. In china i may never get out if i dared say such thing on a national forum.

My grandmother always said if you dont lie you dont have to worry about the truth coming out. U.s companies have no soul if a country asked me to lie for them i would have told them to keep their damn money people like Google just dont care and are cowards.
#9.1.2 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
ps4lifesucka  +   243d ago
I say good. Look at the comments on any gaming site. The reason gamers are now nothing but hateful assholes is because of these games being the mainstream of gaming. All you people want to do is watch ppl die or pretend to do it yourself and spew nothing but hate while you do it. Here's to hoping the next gen will focus more on fun and adventure and games where you just yell and kill ppl become few and far between.
djplonker  +   243d ago
"all you wanna do is see people die"

He says with a dead human (zombie) that has just eaten another human as his avatar... SLOW CLAP.
JessiePinkmanYo  +   242d ago
He also calls out "you gamers". He's clearly not a gamer, but a troll (hypocritical at that)
bludodasmelly  +   243d ago
WE BAN YOUR TWERKING FROM OUR SHORES!!!!
AllroundGamer  +   242d ago
the game should be banned everywhere till they fix the netcode :P
DCfan  +   242d ago
They won't fix the netcode if u keep buying
twinspectre  +   242d ago
True Talk
people still buying this game even they know it has Problem
@Rockefellow
Patriotism brings people to Ignorance ;)
#12.1.1 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report
il-JumperMT  +   242d ago
I never had a problem with PS4 version, but I got it 4 days ago.
Rockefellow  +   242d ago
Some of the people slandering America in the comments here disgust me. I understand foreign resentment on a whole and can sympathize with it, but I'm willing to bet most of the people badmouthing the U.S. are a bunch of ignorant, puerile teenagers who don't appreciate the country they live in. I wish any ungrateful smartasses who can't see past their own self-interests would get a taste of their own medicine and find out how bad life could really be in other parts of the world-- and that goes for ANY country they live in that they take for granted, from Canada to the U.K.
Pwnmachine  +   242d ago
Wow... wake up. You're conditioned beyond belief. I live here in the U.S and I know better because I educated myself. I suggest you do the same. I kindly point you towards the above comments where I've explained as well as others. Thanks
#13.1 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
MrSwankSinatra  +   242d ago
Oh STFU, you named crap as to reasons America is bad. Example: deception, selling hard drugs, money as priority, Religious & Racism distractions, As if that doesn't happen anywhere is else in the world you moron. An those were just four of the moronic reasons you gave. I mean just by reading your pretentious dribble I can tell you're nothing short of a retard.
#13.1.1 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report
ChipChipperson  +   242d ago
Keep spouting off the slogans and ideologies Pwnmachine. Don't act like you're different from the other political side, because you are the exact same. You're part of the problem as to why we're going to sh** and why things are staying that way. Keep feeding your ego, keep reading the rules and regulations on how to act about everything, destroy any free will you have and surrender your rights, remain ignorant to the horrors that other countries have committed, keep it up because no one respects your weakness.
Pwnmachine  +   239d ago
@MrSwankSinatra @ChipChipperson

None the wiser, both of you. Read up. Swank, do not confuse "pretentious dribble" with being Honest; You have no idea whats going on in your own Country, but not a single word I said EVER excluded any of the other Countries either. Don't assume, or put words in my mouth, it's discrediting. Assumptions is also literally all I read from you Chip, yet different ones, it's pretty disappointing.. like a sheep.

Chip, I think we are similar/awake and you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not sure how you took this negatively: "There are millions of people just like us that live over there trying to make good changes just like we are here." That is an honest fact, a positive and true message about great people being all over the world making a difference in this new age of information and evolving positive consciousness. This is why the majority of people agreed with me above. You basically turned that message inside out with your own blind assumptions, ultimately distracting a few people from a good message.

Not a single thought, or word I've typed has anything to do with me reading rules, or regulations, I'm 100% against many laws and regulations, quite frankly, what you said is borderline insane as it is the complete opposite of my portrayal. Also, I'm polar opposites from "political parties" I'm an independent individual and do not hold biasedness, or a title towards any politics, or groups, and I refuse to be part of any left wing, or right wing parties as they only serve as distractions from our real problems like Governments, Cabals, and Military Complex, I am me.

A good start towards positive outlooks is for Countries to stop pointing at each other (news etc.), or using them in movies/games as enemies. You realize that the entire game of BF4 is based on killing Chinese people in WAR right? Regardless of their message, there isn't possibly any good moral values in this. Even if it has to do with overcoming the Government because in reality this isn't how fixing things is going to be done, or should ever be done. You can't create peace with Death/War, there are far better ways, these are not ideologies, these are truths. Don't ever put me on the same level as politics, or anti-progression ever again, it's disgusting.

Your assumptions are your biggest flaw right now, it makes these arguments easy.
#13.1.3 (Edited 239d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
MooseyXTC  +   242d ago
Battlefield 4 is a threat to China, but Battlefield 2 was not?
DCfan  +   242d ago
So much butthurt up there
JessiePinkmanYo  +   242d ago
They can play Homefront instead as Koreans invading the US
JessiePinkmanYo  +   242d ago
I'm waiting for the class action lawsuit from zombies for CoD. These are video games FFS! If China believes Americans playing Conquest and capture the flag as a threat, their military is in more shambles than I thought.
ChipChipperson  +   242d ago
It's all ridiculous. If you remember, the Venezuelan Government claimed Mercenaries 2 was preparing Americans for a real life invasion of Venezuela and overthrow Hugo Chavez. The guy is dead... looks like it never happened.
#17.1 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ShaunCameron  +   242d ago
Not to mention Venezuela has been imploding on its own thanks to Chavez and his successor, Maduro.
#17.1.1 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
Big-Bruizzer  +   242d ago
The article failed to say that BF4 isn't even sold in China. I hate a bunch of hype over something that isn't worthy of hype. Please make some more something out of nothing.
SilentNegotiator  +   242d ago
...isn't it all the more bizarre that China banned a game that the creators had no intention to bring to China?
Visual Dragon  +   242d ago
They need to make a game where americas are the enemy and let see that one get off the drawing board.
ChipChipperson  +   242d ago
Sections within the Call of Duty plotline, Spec Ops The Line, the Metal Gear series, Army of Two series, Fallout, yeah, there haven't been games made where Americans or an American has been the enemy.
#19.1 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SilentNegotiator  +   242d ago
You need to play more video games if you think they don't exist.
madjedi  +   242d ago
Funny you kill americans 50% of the time in mp with a vast majority of the games but i guess that doesn't count.
LAWSON72  +   242d ago
I want to play a game where America (maybe throw some European powers in also) has corrupt power and decides to take over the world and China and Russia have to stop them. Maybe do it during Cold War era because Soviet Russia is more interesting and America was a huge superpower. Now that would be an awesome game or does a game like that exist and just went unnoticed.

Could be a good game or maybe a game where the actual chosen successor to Lenin became the leader instead of Stalin leading to some crazy alternate world. War games have so much potential IMO but devs usually have to make a game that is in trend and usually add no depth just explosions.
#21 (Edited 242d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Bonerboy  +   242d ago
Who gives a flying f*ck what China thinks or bans? Whining pussies.
r3f1cul  +   242d ago
i cant read things like this without laughing... i mean im german... and we all know how that goes in games... and i dont take it seriously get over yourselves its a god damn game WHO CARES!
fredrikpedersen  +   242d ago
Lol fair enough, more Chinese players on PlanetSide 2 (which IS available in China :D)

and btw, a far superior game imo

SCE Talks Project Morpheus Design, Development Community and Software

3m ago - VRFocus - Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) have been rather coy about Project Morpheus since it'... | PS4

The Dilemma of Difficulty and Its Latest Contender: Smash Bros.

3m ago - We endeavor in an exercise of struggle, dare to engross ourselves in unrelenting challenge, and r... | Wii U

WWE SuperCard: Five New Features We'd Like To See In 2K's Mobile Card Game

7m ago - iDigitalTimes - "With more than 1.5 million wrestling fans currently playing WWE SuperCard, it pr... | iPhone

The Sims 4 interview: Talking emotional, intelligent Sims

31m ago - MMGN writes: The Sims 4 makes its long-awaited debut on PC on September 4. MMGN had a chance to s... | PC

Need Cash? (US Only)

Now - How would it feel to have your money struggles solved by this time tomorrow? We give fast loans from $100-$10,000+, and repayment terms up to 60 mo... | Promoted post

Mistwalker RPG Terra Battle Gets Its First Gameplay Trailer

32m ago - Mistwalker have shared a gameplay trailer for their upcoming smartphone RPG, Terra Battle. | iPhone