Submitted by FlameHawk 224d ago | opinion piece

Which Console to Buy: Wii U, Xbox One or PlayStation 4

TIME - Compared to buying a smartphone or tablet, shopping for a brand new video game console is a tricky task. When you buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, you know you’re getting access to over a million apps and 1,300 hours of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Buy an Xbox One, however, and you’re stuck with three sports offerings, some mediocre family games, and a deluge of formulaic action titles best summarized as Call of Battlefield: Son of Rome. Don’t kid yourself: nobody’s buying the new Xbox or PS4 for the games available today. (PS4, Wii U, Xbox One)

CursedHero  +   224d ago
Ah! The eternal question!!! @_@
badboy776  +   224d ago
At McDonald's We love to You smile.

"Ba Da Ba Da Da I'm lovin it!!!"
#1.1 (Edited 224d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Hatsune-Miku  +   224d ago
The best console that is meant for gamers because its game centric first which is the ps4.

Ps4 is also the most powerful console which is good to know it wont be outdated sooner than the rest

The history of PlayStation tells us itll get the most console exclusive games that are highly rated by critics and mostly gamers
#1.1.1 (Edited 224d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(14) | Report
NatureOfLogic  +   224d ago
We all know the PS4 is a must-have console. WiiU for a second console. Xbone, no.
CursedHero  +   224d ago
Wow! But, the name is XBOX won... Man, I tell bad jokes. Sorry. Semantics, am I right?
LOL_WUT  +   224d ago
Ps4 and X1 are the consoles to choose ;)
Augusta  +   224d ago
The xbox one and PS4 > Wii U. i still don't get all the xbox one hate. I am playing battlefield 4 on it and its awesome.
nosferatuzodd  +   224d ago
lol me too.. I already have a ps4 ill pick up a Wii u up cuz i cant do without my Zelda fix dont care what anyone said.. I've bin playing zelda since i was 10 not stopping now not stopping ever long live play Zelda till death Xbox never.. I'm playing war frame right now loved it I've met so many interesting people playing it
#2.3 (Edited 224d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PixelKnot  +   224d ago
PS4/WiiU
Vita/3DS

Going all Nintendo and Sony this gen.
joab777  +   224d ago
Am I the only person that actually likes the games available for ps4? If I wanted to play mario, I'd buy a wiiU. Oh wait...I have a 3ds. Anyway, what's wrong with AC4, CoD, B4, Killzone, NBA 2k14, Resogun, DC Universe and Flower. Those r the games I have and they all look stunning. The Dualshock 4 is amzing too. What would I b playing on ps3 o wiiU right now? On ps3...I'd be playing similar games that don't look as well with an inferior controller. And now I have it for the future. I don't get the hate!
cesuf  +   223d ago
"If I wanted to play mario, I'd buy a wiiU. Oh wait...I have a 3ds."

Under that logic, why do you own a ps3 or ps4 when you can just own a vita. Same flawed argument.
AngelicIceDiamond  +   224d ago
@NoLogic "WiiU for a second console."

We all know your not buying a Wii U quit lying to everyone.

"Xbone, no."

And since you hate Xbox to begin with Your opinion is super irrelevant. Your comments are just novelty. Lol's and never to be taken serious.

But your great for the fanboys though.
miyamoto  +   223d ago
like the PS3 has the best of Western and Japanese games catalogue that I enjoy today, all I need is a Ps4 for next gen

i forecasted this in 2010 and i was right with ps3
same will go for ps4

PlayStation has the best 1st, 2nd, 3rd party developers support of all the platforms

and Ps4 will amass huge games support faster than PS2 and Ps3 in no time! and the best graphics will be a plus
#2.7 (Edited 223d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sci0n  +   224d ago
I like hot pockets
mydyingparadiselost  +   224d ago
Then you'll love the next Nintendo handheld! Introducing the......... Hottie Pocket U!
The only handheld with Fire Emblem AND a microwave!
Sci0n  +   224d ago
lol great advertising I think I will pick one up, the shamwow guy has nothing on you
XiSasukeUchiha  +   224d ago
My top three next gen consoles
1) PS4 Sony doesn't cover up things like M$ Does
2) Wii U important for the console industry as a whole
3) XB1 a very good multimedia device, with decent kinect 2, array of games that are simliar and not really new types of IP, but I'm waiting til console is around $300
TheBurger29  +   224d ago
yea dont get an xbox one.
wonderfulmonkeyman  +   224d ago
Wii U + PC.[PC for third party games]
A PS4 down the line once it has better exclusives to play.

That's my plan and it's going to serve me well.

Oh, and I'll never get rid of my PS2 and PS3. Both still have too many games I have not played, and too many I still love...
#5 (Edited 224d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
clouds5  +   223d ago
Exactly the way to go. We'll see what happens with xbone and ps4 but i'll give it a few years and see what games will come out.
TheRealHeisenberg  +   224d ago
1. Xbox One
2. Wii U
3. PS4

Lol, let's see how this goes.
Outside_ofthe_Box  +   224d ago
I by no means often agree with TheRealHeisenberg but I do in this case.

Lol, let's see how this goes.
TheRealHeisenberg  +   224d ago
Lol, I guess I had that one coming.
R00bot  +   224d ago
Right now I'd go for the Wii U first because it has the best exclusives, and looks like it's getting even more great exclusives down the line (X, MK8, Smash Bros.). And it's cheap.
Then PS4 because it's getting most of the multiplats and has great exclusives.
Then Xbox One for TitanFall and the inevitable Halo game.
#7 (Edited 224d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
MsmackyM  +   223d ago
So similar except for me; First of the WiiU for pretty much the same reasons, next the PS4 for MGS plus exclusives, then lastly I'm going with the Steambox for multiplats, same price as the Xbox minus the Kinect with better specs and free online.
R00bot  +   223d ago
Yeah, Steambox does look great, but I'd just like to see how they go before buying one, they could flop completely (ouya) and then you'd be left with a console not receiving much support etc.
mrmarx  +   224d ago
THE 4.
Funky Town_TX  +   224d ago
PS4 then Xbox 1, because $500 is too much.
worldwidegaming  +   224d ago
Just buy a Wii U! It has the most games and its cheaper.
By mid spring/summer the great games will be coming out and you can go to any store to pick up a Xbone or PS4.
honestly, only the hardcore gamer should be jumping on board.
The selection on PS4/Xbox is limited.
If you do not own a PS3 I would go with that!
Beastforlifenoob  +   223d ago
Think long term, it will recive no multiplats, everyone who buys a wii u ALSO buys another console for multiplats.
mydyingparadiselost  +   224d ago
I'm saving my money for the Tiger system! LCD and 3 frames a second forever!
OttoniBastos  +   224d ago
Playstation 4!
urwifeminder  +   224d ago
Wii u I guess I have the XB1 so that would do me.
TheBurger29  +   224d ago
i dont recommend an xbox one! i just got mine and the problems are on the rise! kinect is broke, i cant download games off of a disc, and the ui is glitch heaven! i suppose i will get a ps4 sooner than i thought
Beastforlifenoob  +   223d ago
haha problems are on the rise nice pun their mate, nice pun
Chrono  +   224d ago
My recommendation: don't even consider the Wii U.
stragomccloud  +   224d ago
Well that's foolish. It's a fine piece of hardware and it has the most exclusives of any other console. If you can look past the "kiddie" look of the games, you'll find that Nintendo offers THE best gaming experience bar none.
TheBurger29  +   223d ago
too bad its alllll mario
stragomccloud  +   222d ago
One: No it's not all Mario. Two: There are only 2 Mario games on the Wii U: New Super Mario Brothers Wii U, and Super Mario 3D World, and both are exceptional games. What kind of world are we coming to when people who claim to be gamers don't enjoy the consistently exceptional Mario platformers?
#15.1.2 (Edited 222d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report
stragomccloud  +   224d ago
Well, since I already have an uber gaming PC and a Wii U, I'm good for now. I'll probably pick up a PS4 in another year or two, and then I'll probably get an Xbone another year after that if it ends up having anything exclusive that I'm actually interested in.

By the way, it's ridiculous that the author of this article is comparing clock speeds of one architecture to the clock speeds of another architecture. What an idiot! Looking at it that way, the PS3 pounds into the pavement all of the next gen consoles combined.
#16 (Edited 224d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
FrigidDARKNESS  +   224d ago
The Xbox one is the choice for games and entertainment. The system has more features and multi tasking functions than it's competition.

With the windows update it could unify Pc and Xbox One. Steam gaming on x1 maybe?
first1NFANTRY  +   224d ago
Microsoft employee? Sounds like a sales pitch to me.
meganick  +   224d ago
I think he just likes the Xbox One.
first1NFANTRY  +   224d ago
It all comes down to personal taste IMO, but knowing how much variety Sony has with their large internal studios I would easily chose the ps4. Not that the other consoles don't have their fare share of gems.

Playing shooter all the time gets really boring quick.
Sevir  +   224d ago
I personally HATE when NONE gaming Journalist write about video games and gets the simple facts mixed up!

THE XBOX ONE and PS4 GPU clock speeds are NOT 853mhz/800mhz
Their CPU's are!

Either way! this article makes some pretty informed post about each but it is clear that the author enjoyed the PS4 far more than the other 2.

Reason's why you should skip the PS4:
"You’re not a gamer"
"You’re betting against home video game consoles"

Reason's to Skip the XBOX One:
"You’re paying for crap you don’t need"
"Voice commands need work"

lol pretty much sums up how i feel about them both!
herbs  +   224d ago
Those are the GPU speeds -_- 800mhz Ps4 and 853mhz Xbone although the PS4s GPU is more powerful.
The CPU speeds are 1.6 and 1.75 very similar CPUs both use two 4 core CPUs not one eight core and both can only use 5 or 6 of those 8 cores for gaming.
SLUG  +   224d ago
xbox one is the best gamer console of all time
kratos_TheGoat  +   224d ago
I hope x1 top 360 because 360 is a classic
hatzwontfit  +   224d ago
My wii u and I are getting along famously at the moment. The new mario is masterful, pikmin is great. Wonderful 101 was very entertaining and innovative. I'm waiting for donkey kong along with the rest of the legendary 2014 lineup of games. I'm not really in a rush to purchase a ps4. I likely will get one when infamous comes out though. That game looks like a sure winner
#21 (Edited 224d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
EliteGameKnight  +   224d ago
I already have a Wii U but I plan on getting a Steam Machine for third party games
elda  +   224d ago
PS4 of course!
kratos_TheGoat  +   224d ago
Xbox One exclusive
Ps4 exclusive
stream for some 3party with max setting
AKR  +   224d ago
Easy answer to an easy question:

- Buy the system (or even systemS) that offer the games and experiences that most interest you, that you know you will enjoy the most.

- Profit.
Movieworld  +   224d ago
Very satisfied with my Wii U and all the great games it has had available since launch.
GirlOnFire  +   224d ago
Buy an XboxStation U. Problem solved goodnight.
sal77  +   224d ago
Already have the wii u and xboxone. ps4 next
cesuf  +   223d ago
There's no 1 size fits all perfect console/pc. All are flawed in different ways. Just have to weight the pros and cons.
R00bot  +   223d ago
I approve this answer. This is 100% correct.

Five Incredible Opening Acts in Video Games

16m ago - Hardcore Gamer: It’s not easy making a good first impression. Gamers don’t like to wait. We like... | GameCube

Lotus 98T Formula One car arrives in Assetto Corsa

20m ago - VVV: "Headlining Assetto Corsa Version 0.21 is the inclusion of an all-new car for the title: Lot... | PC

Gaming Live to take on Twitch with new service for streamers

25m ago - With Twitch reportedly having been sold to Youtube (Google) for $1bn, Gaming Live is about to lau... | PC

LittleBigPlanet 3 Interview: Sackboy Is Back But This Time He Is Not Alone

28m ago - Senior Producer Daimion Pinnock on how LittleBigPlanet 3 will innovate the series but at the same... | PS3

Start Making Games for the PS4

GamerBolt: Blue Estate Game Review

32m ago - GamerBolt: "Blue Estate is a game that doesn’t deliver the full package that it could have. This... | PS4