Submitted by crxss 537d ago | opinion piece

Lower your expectations for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

"Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes has officially been announced as a standalone title in the Metal Gear Solid V story.

Originally unveiled back in 2012 without the “V” in the moniker, the hype train has since picked up momentum, most recently at the PlayStation 4 launch event. Even though Ground Zeroes carries the weight of a numbered title in the Metal Gear franchise, fans should lower their expectations. In fact, with every new release of information regarding Ground Zeroes, the more skeptical I become." (Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)

LordMaim  +   537d ago
curtis92  +   537d ago
Um, hell no.
LordMaim  +   537d ago
I stand corrected. Hell no.
crxss  +   537d ago
don't get me wrong, i think GZ will be great and that's because i'm not expecting much from it. i just wish it was in one MGSV package rather than the separate releases. TPP on the other hand, that will be marvelous.

remember the MGS2 tanker demo in ZOE? that's what i'm expecting
2pacalypsenow  +   537d ago
i already did , after they changed the voice and other changes im not exited for this one as i was for the the other ones , this one for me is kinda meh..
-Foxtrot  +   537d ago
Yeah they arn't doing anything to get me pumped for this game

- The voice actor
- The way Kojima dealt with the subject, what he did to Hayter
- Rations to regen health
- Another prequel
- Kojima admitting there will be inconsistencies
- Not getting much of a stealth vibe from it

I think he's pushed it with another game. I mean fair enough further the story with new characters but don't go back and try ti make stuff up that there's still stories to tell when there isn't. Least if Hayter wasn't in it it's because we will be controlling a new character
#2.1 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
@-Foxtrot: You have no idea whether or not this is only a prequel. Your assertions are ridiculous. For all you know MGSV will span multiple eras and end after 4 so why don't you just wait and see. Your whining is insufferable. Every MGS article you show up like clockwork and bitch.
#2.1.1 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(7) | Report
-Foxtrot  +   537d ago
@TheOneWhoIsTornApart

Right first of all when you reply to someone don't go to personal attacks and come off as a douche.

Second of all, lots of people complain and share concerns, look at this article, it's not just one person....I mean IT'S THE INTERNET, people on N4G for example always say roughly the same things in different articles whether they are good OR bad...we all do it. Even you. It's what the point of this site is for

Thirdly...if you can have the same people saying the same old good stuff about something why can't people post the same criticism/concerns. You can't reject one side of comments because you don't like it

Lastly...don't like peoples comments....ignore them.

Simple

EDIT - Oh and I forgot to say the reason I say things despite not knowing is because I deal with the information given at the present time. When new info comes along your comments get updated. Not hard to understand but he's given us no hints that it will span across multiple eras thats just your speculation
#2.1.2 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report
@-Foxtrot:My problem is you continue to complain about the same exact thing every time there is an MGSV article when you don't know for a fact some of the stuff you listed are going to be part of the game such as it only taking place early in the MGS timeline as a prequel and Hayter not voicing Solid Snake since we may be wrong about all of those things. I'm just saying man you won't let the games come out first before writing Kojima off as an asshole for changing things about the MGS series without knowing all the facts. If I came off as rude I apologize but this constant attacking of Kojima is kind of unwarranted without knowing all the details.

Edit. In reponse to your edit. Im not really speculating about it spanning multiple eras I'm just saying it is a possibility and maybe that will be the case but we should all just wait and see what Kojima has planned because we all know that he is a tricksy one.
#2.1.3 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report
-Foxtrot  +   536d ago
@TheOneWhoIsTornApart

Me...look around mate most people are saying roughly if not similar things to me.

Don't just single out one person because it makes your whole comment look stupid when you refuse to acknowledge other people. It's like your doing it on purpose for whatever reason
Joe913  +   536d ago
I would have to agree with TheOneWhoIsTornApart but Foxtrot is right everybody is complaining but that is whats so annoying and I find this on the movie sites as well but now a days ppl hate on stuff without knowing all the info I understand voicing concerns but ppl are talking like they visited the studio and did not like what they seen lol it is madness this goes out to eveybody not just foxtrot that is why I do not like were no info is given and you play to find out anything because you have to deal with this crap if Kojima did not play all these games ppl would not have such a negative outlook about this game if Hayter is going to be in future MGS as Solid snake then say it so ppl can stop crying lol oh and if he want to change stuff he needs to reboot the whole thing
Aleithian  +   536d ago
Agreed. I'll wait a year or two until the Ultimate edition (or whatever it will be called) releases. But prudence aside, I'm simply not that into it now after Kojima's antics and the whole prologue mess. Honestly - after ditching the voice actor I'm not even sure I will buy it. That was a really scummy move IMO.
gamedebater  +   537d ago
It's going to be a bit longer than the tanker level in MGS2. Prolly only a 3-5 hrs
Dmd  +   536d ago
Should it be 5 hours long, I'll be more than pleased! On the other hand, less than that, it is a glorified demo and, as much excited about it as I am, I'm not paying for a demo... I'd wait for the complete experience instead.
gamedebater  +   536d ago
bro I replayed the tanker level in MGS a million times over. It was great. The demo we saw @ TGS showed how snake can infiltrate bases differently. I just hope that they can the stealth right "as" good or better than Last of Us since they game pure perfection.
Joe913  +   536d ago
I agree 5 hours is long enough for a $30 game I think ppl just want something more to bitch about honestly ppl need to wait and see how long GZ is before bitching about it cause if it is 5 hours then it is longer than COD ghost yea some ppl say you get COD for muiltiplayer but first I like storys if the story is crap I wont buy the game second who is to say that MGO will not be in GZ so bottom line stop crying until we get more info if it is a two hour game Im right with you to short to be worth $30.
DCfan  +   537d ago
Already did that. Konami seems to have forced themselves into the development this time which is not so good.
theshredded   537d ago | Off topic | show
lildudexst  +   537d ago
yeah he not big no more to me. He have no idea what going like most Japanese don't.
KonsoruMasuta  +   537d ago
What?
Number-Nine  +   537d ago
my expectations for MGSV is low enough
MestreRothN4G  +   537d ago
Specially with his newly announced DRM plan not allowing second hand sales. If this was a MS exclusive, there would be a storm, but he has his image lined up with Sony, 'so it's probably a good thing, good for developers, screw the basement entitled blablabla'.

PS: Just to clarify, it seems the standard version will come only digitally to next gen.
PPS: Not to mention charging 30 USD for a demo.
#7.1 (Edited 537d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
KonsoruMasuta  +   537d ago
Well, it's digital only in the west and it's not a demo. It's part of the game.
curtis92  +   537d ago
Wow... release VR missions standalone for PSX, everyone excited for MGS.
Release Tanker mission with ZOE on PS2, everyone excited for MGS2.

Release GZ standalone on ps4, PEOPLE ARE FURIOUS AND METAL GEAR SUCKS NOW AND THEY WANT ALL OUR MONEY.
rdgneoz3  +   537d ago
It's going to be $30 for a few hours of game play. If they dropped the price to $10 to $15, many wouldn't mind. Right now it's basically looking like a money grab to people, cut content for a $30 price tag.
-Foxtrot  +   537d ago
Your missing the point

Ground Zeroes WILL NOT be part of MGSV in that retail version of the game, you will have to buy it separately.

While the other games had there stuff included in the main game when it came out.
curtis92  +   536d ago
Have they said GZ will not be in PP? I find that hard to believe but if I'm wrong then I stand corrected. To me, It all depends on how long the game is for GZ. If it's 4-6 hours then that's not bad at all for $30 considering an 8-12 hour game for $60 is acceptable.
N8  +   537d ago
I love mgs and I have to admit for the first time I feel kind of whatever about this one. To many changes for me I think
Baka-akaB  +   537d ago
Nope sorry , i'm hyped . Screw the haters and those second guessing it ... it's not even the first time they manifest themselves .
-Foxtrot  +   537d ago
No one is a "hater" for having legit concerns

It's like the dmc thing all over again...totally missing fans complaints/concerns and they are just "haters".

If your a super fan fine but please don't discard automatically why other fans aren't feeling it with this title. It doesn't make us any less of a MGS fan as you
Baka-akaB  +   536d ago
I didnt point any fingers did i ? There were people with silly reasons around mgs4 , and each mgs sequel actually , or the revengeance spin-off .. i'm not going to just list them all .

I'm just saying i'm hyped there and dont listen much to sometimes pointless dissent and negativity .

Especially when i was always one of those so called big "haters" of DmC .

So please spare me your assumptions , and some imaginary "lesser fans" status i'd create .

Right now , i'm not even sure , if i ever even replied to posts from you about MGSV or ground zeroes in the past .
#10.2 (Edited 536d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Whitefox789  +   536d ago
I concur sir, most of my concerns have been put to rest knowing that the slow-mo last chance sequence (Reflex Mode) along with the tagging of enemy soldiers is optional.

#10.3 (Edited 536d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
solidosito  +   536d ago
Mmmm nheeeee
Whitefox789  +   536d ago
Someone please inform me where they are getting the idea this game is only going to be a couple hours in length?
Baka-akaB  +   536d ago
Indeed , i've yet to see an open world game , even chopped parts and expansions , last a couple hours .

Of course i'm not expecting GTA dlc length , but who knows ? Bottom line , since and while it's one of the issues people are afraid about , it's too early to tell in this case
#12.1 (Edited 536d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Joe913  +   536d ago
That is a great point ppl are assuming that since this was originally a prologue that it meant that it was going to be a hour or so all these ppl are complaining over a assumption that's why I say wait until more info come out before talking crap but even if they say it will be 4 or 5 hours ppl will still complain.
e-p-ayeaH  +   536d ago
My expectations for ground zeroes arent as big i have for the phantom pain aka the true mgs5 experience but nonetheless im pretty excited for this.

mgs4 and peace walker are 2 of my favorite games this last gen so there you go that´s more than enough reasons to get excited.
#13 (Edited 536d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Luke_fon_Fabre  +   535d ago
Don't care. They had me sold at "new Metal Gear game".

NWC: Piecing Together Nintendo’s Clues About What NX Really Is

52m ago - Gamnesia: We've known for some time that Nintendo's upcoming platform, dubbed NX, is going to be... | Wii U

Power Drive 2000 Demo Released. Download Now

53m ago - Power Drive 2000, an 80s futuristic themed arcade racing game with just released its pre-alpha de... | PC

Start Making Games for the PS4

Endless Legend: Our Opinion

1h ago - SteamFirst: Spiraling Empires and walking titans, What more could you ask for in a civilization b... | PC

Secrets of Raetikon's Funny Games

1h ago - Megan Hanbey writes: "The only way to avoid participating in the behavior Secrets of Raetikon vil... | PC

Endless Legend Guardian DLC: SteamFirst Review

1h ago - SteamFirst: Guardians are rising, will you be the one to harness the power of these godly beings... | PC