Submitted by bradlinho 591d ago | news

Xbox One Achievements Don't Unlock While Offline

Playing games on Xbox One while offline? You'll have to wait for the notification to pop. (Xbox One)

bub16  +   591d ago
Really. That's pretty stupid!! Surely this can be fixed in an update?
#1 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(24) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
cleft5  +   591d ago
This is probably just some legacy stuff from the original plan. I am sure it will get taken care of but people do need to be loud about stuff like this otherwise it will be deemed acceptable and nothing will get done.

I am happy people was loud about the mp3 and dlna issue with the PS4, now that is getting fixed. Being quite about a problem never helps the consumer. Most companies only do what needs to be done and not what is the right thing to do.
#1.1 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
nukeitall  +   591d ago
Actually that is by design!

Why?

The simple reason is people used to unlock achievements offline, and then go online to have their achievement synced online. This means that it was way easier to cheat your way to achievements by external applications.

This new way, ensures that you met the criteria to receive the achievement verified online. The achievement for the most part is really only useful if your console is connected online for others to see.

So this seems like a well thought out engineered effort.
#1.2 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(33) | Report | Reply
XisThatKid  +   591d ago
Hmmmm.....damn, I'm the only one that agrees? guess so.
This IS true though
kreate  +   590d ago
This is how the ps3 works yet, most ppl laughed at the ps3.

All of a sudden this is a good thing?

fanboys.....

That is where the disagrees comes from.
#1.2.2 (Edited 590d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
Gamer1982  +   591d ago
MS trying to forced the online still I see..
Gamer1982  +   591d ago
Its not a big deal soon as you connect they pop up. Meaning they are server based rather than local based. This is to take stress off the machine. We all know the less this thing has to load up the better right now as it needs all the memory it can get in the fight against PS4.
IAmSovereign  +   591d ago
Good to know the xbox one can't even handle its own achievements. The machine will explode if they aren't offloaded to the cloud.
LXGYT  +   591d ago
The achievements are all stored on the cloud now, i know you guys dont want to hear it but what this means is that achievements are no longer tied to the disk and developers can go in and tune achievements whenever they feel need be, hope this clears this up, its not a problem in my opinion
ShowGun901  +   591d ago
OH NOES XBOX DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMED!!!

in reality not a big deal, just kinda lame... its just little stuff that makes you think, "they didn't think this through, did they?"

lets hope its patched, but still, very minor lol
WeAreLegion  +   591d ago
Agreed. A patch will fix that, easily.
Gamer1982  +   591d ago
There's nothing to fix.. Having them online is better for the console as it uses less memory leaving more for games. Some people are never satisfied..
WeAreLegion  +   591d ago
That's just not true.
sincitysir1  +   591d ago
Is that a joke? How much memory as u say, can a little popup message take? Ur being ridiculous
WeAreLegion  +   591d ago
Forgot to flip a switch, eh?
theDivision  +   591d ago
That's a rough life.
TheDarpaChief  +   591d ago
What does this Achieve?
Erudito87  +   591d ago
lol
timlot  +   591d ago
This offnline complaining is just dumb. NOBODY is buying an xbox one to play offline.
#6 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(21) | Report | Reply
NihonjinChick  +   591d ago
Plenty of people are. Not everyone spends their time online.
SoulMikeY  +   591d ago
That was a really stupid comment...

Sorry, I sometimes forget that mommy and daddy bought everything for you. -comment from my friend without Internet. Lol, idiot.
inf3cted1  +   591d ago
People can no longer unlock achievements on the computer and cheat gamerscores, im glad they did this.
sincitysir1  +   591d ago
U can cheat on the Xbox?
cr33ping_death  +   591d ago
out of curiosity...how do people cheating their gamerscore affect you to the point that you defend this?
#7.2 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dread  +   591d ago
That sux big time
MontyQ  +   591d ago
I like pancakes
#9 (Edited 591d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ikk47  +   591d ago
What! Insane! In fact no more Xbox for me. I actually was planning on getting one laatteeeeerrrrrr on but now? no ::((
kingPoS  +   590d ago
It does appear to be a rather overt design.

Gateway MT6706 2008
P_Bomb  +   590d ago
My beef with the new cheevo system is when I'm on my 360, my friends' xbone cheevos don't show and aren't listed when I compare games. There's just one generic "xbox one" banner that has a gamerscore beside it that combines all xbone cheevos into one score.

Nothing happens when I click on it either, it won't let me see what next gen games they're playing and getting gamerscore in. Sucks considering on the ps3 I can still see my friends' vita and ps4 trophy accomplishments in full. Hope they patch this. Segregates the community a bit

Opinion: The Superman License Is Just What Rocksteady Needs To Break Out Of Their Formula

56m ago - "With Batman: Arkham Knight now in the hands of players (at least those on consoles), speculation... | PS4

New Planet Minecraft Project Contest - Underwater Wonderland Now Live

1h ago - Planet Minecraft has released their 11th building contest. Steve needs your help in constructing... | PC

Hunting for Answers: An Interview with Tanya Short

Now - Hello N4G readers! It's me -alpha, and I am here with Tanya, of Kitfox Games, who brings to us today: Moon Hunters! Coming to PS VITA, PS4, Humble... | Promoted post

Go adventuring and treasure hunting in Sacred Artefacts: Tactical Challenge

1h ago - Sacred Artefacts: Tactical Challenge is a tactical RPG that has just joined the Square Enix Colle... | PC

How does the size of Star Citizen compare to other titles?

1h ago - That’s right, Star Citizen will require a whopping 100GB of free drive space just to install on y... | PC

Star Trek Online: New Fleet Armada

1h ago - Players' prayers have been answered: today, Star Trek Online introduced a new armada system that... | PC