Submitted by bradlinho 733d ago | news

Xbox One Achievements Don't Unlock While Offline

Playing games on Xbox One while offline? You'll have to wait for the notification to pop. (Xbox One)

bub16  +   733d ago
Really. That's pretty stupid!! Surely this can be fixed in an update?
#1 (Edited 733d ago ) | Agree(24) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
cleft5  +   733d ago
This is probably just some legacy stuff from the original plan. I am sure it will get taken care of but people do need to be loud about stuff like this otherwise it will be deemed acceptable and nothing will get done.

I am happy people was loud about the mp3 and dlna issue with the PS4, now that is getting fixed. Being quite about a problem never helps the consumer. Most companies only do what needs to be done and not what is the right thing to do.
#1.1 (Edited 733d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
nukeitall  +   733d ago
Actually that is by design!

The simple reason is people used to unlock achievements offline, and then go online to have their achievement synced online. This means that it was way easier to cheat your way to achievements by external applications.

This new way, ensures that you met the criteria to receive the achievement verified online. The achievement for the most part is really only useful if your console is connected online for others to see.

So this seems like a well thought out engineered effort.
#1.2 (Edited 733d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(33) | Report | Reply
XisThatKid  +   733d ago
Hmmmm.....damn, I'm the only one that agrees? guess so.
This IS true though
kreate  +   732d ago
This is how the ps3 works yet, most ppl laughed at the ps3.

All of a sudden this is a good thing?

That is where the disagrees comes from.
#1.2.2 (Edited 732d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report
Gamer1982  +   733d ago
MS trying to forced the online still I see..
Gamer1982  +   733d ago
Its not a big deal soon as you connect they pop up. Meaning they are server based rather than local based. This is to take stress off the machine. We all know the less this thing has to load up the better right now as it needs all the memory it can get in the fight against PS4.
IAmSovereign  +   733d ago
Good to know the xbox one can't even handle its own achievements. The machine will explode if they aren't offloaded to the cloud.
LXGYT  +   733d ago
The achievements are all stored on the cloud now, i know you guys dont want to hear it but what this means is that achievements are no longer tied to the disk and developers can go in and tune achievements whenever they feel need be, hope this clears this up, its not a problem in my opinion
ShowGun901  +   733d ago

in reality not a big deal, just kinda lame... its just little stuff that makes you think, "they didn't think this through, did they?"

lets hope its patched, but still, very minor lol
WeAreLegion  +   733d ago
Agreed. A patch will fix that, easily.
Gamer1982  +   733d ago
There's nothing to fix.. Having them online is better for the console as it uses less memory leaving more for games. Some people are never satisfied..
WeAreLegion  +   733d ago
That's just not true.
sincitysir1  +   733d ago
Is that a joke? How much memory as u say, can a little popup message take? Ur being ridiculous
WeAreLegion  +   733d ago
Forgot to flip a switch, eh?
theDivision  +   733d ago
That's a rough life.
TheDarpaChief  +   733d ago
What does this Achieve?
Erudito87  +   733d ago
timlot  +   733d ago
This offnline complaining is just dumb. NOBODY is buying an xbox one to play offline.
#6 (Edited 733d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(21) | Report | Reply
NihonjinChick  +   733d ago
Plenty of people are. Not everyone spends their time online.
SoulMikeY  +   733d ago
That was a really stupid comment...

Sorry, I sometimes forget that mommy and daddy bought everything for you. -comment from my friend without Internet. Lol, idiot.
inf3cted1  +   733d ago
People can no longer unlock achievements on the computer and cheat gamerscores, im glad they did this.
sincitysir1  +   733d ago
U can cheat on the Xbox?
cr33ping_death  +   733d ago
out of curiosity...how do people cheating their gamerscore affect you to the point that you defend this?
#7.2 (Edited 733d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Dread  +   733d ago
That sux big time
MontyQ  +   733d ago
I like pancakes
#9 (Edited 733d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ikk47  +   733d ago
What! Insane! In fact no more Xbox for me. I actually was planning on getting one laatteeeeerrrrrr on but now? no ::((
kingPoS  +   732d ago
It does appear to be a rather overt design.

Gateway MT6706 2008
P_Bomb  +   732d ago
My beef with the new cheevo system is when I'm on my 360, my friends' xbone cheevos don't show and aren't listed when I compare games. There's just one generic "xbox one" banner that has a gamerscore beside it that combines all xbone cheevos into one score.

Nothing happens when I click on it either, it won't let me see what next gen games they're playing and getting gamerscore in. Sucks considering on the ps3 I can still see my friends' vita and ps4 trophy accomplishments in full. Hope they patch this. Segregates the community a bit

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Is a Mixed Bag on the PC

7m ago - Gadgets 360 says: "If you have the right hardware, which in this case means nothing below the rec... | PC

Destiny Armsday Foundry Orders and Test Weapons for November 25, 2015 Listed

7m ago - It's Wednesday, which means it's time for another Destiny Armsday Foundry Order and Test Weapon l... | Xbox 360

Rock Band 4: Band-in-a-Box Red Bundle for PS4

8m ago - Target offers the Rock Band 4: Band-in-a-Box Red Bundle for PlayStation 4 for $199. Apply stackin... | PS4

Why Gaming Matters: Social Links

8m ago - A series that focuses on the personal impact of games on our lives. | Culture

Why Clash of Clans Matters to Gaming

8m ago - ASidCast: There has been a split in the gaming culture among gamers; there are those who consider... | Mobile