Submitted by staticdash22 273d ago | rumor

Activision Says “No Comment” to owning crash bandicoot license

Now this is getting interesting. David Scammell from Videogamer asked activision in regards to the bandicoot msystery... (Crash Bandicoot, Naughty Dog, PS2, PS4, Sony Computer Entertainment America)

Hopefully
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 59
MultiConsoleGamer  +   273d ago
The license is in play. Now you know why Sony teased that famous clip of Crash visiting Nintendo as their feb 20th event.

GrizzliS1987  +   273d ago
LOOOL good times, wish they announced it and released a commercial similar to that one for old time sake!

instant gen win
Army_of_Darkness  +   273d ago
I feel very positive now about crash coming back to Sony! Like seriously, what company denies or says "no comment" regarding something they own.. .. . Unless they no longer own it and Sony told them to not say a word?!
ZodTheRipper  +   273d ago
It's happening!
Well maybe.
TheLeapist  +   273d ago
@armyofdarkness
My thoughts exactly. To me no comment is as good as them saying they don't own it.
Majin-vegeta  +   273d ago
Wait they did??You got a link?
Shadow Flare  +   273d ago
If Activision still owned the rights, they would have responded "yes". End of.

If you asked Nintendo if they had the rights to Mario, would they say "no comment"?

Activision just can't say anything yet, because Sony wants to surprise us
#1.3 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
iiwii  +   273d ago
Or, it may not be Sony... Naughty Dog has been quiet about their PS4 project... except for saying that you would "be in awe" when you play it.
DOMination-  +   272d ago
Except ND revealed their project.
dboyc310  +   273d ago
Imagine if they do a similar video but this time aim at Microsoft. That would be so epic.
BISHOP-BRASIL  +   272d ago
Or differently from "Plumber Boy", Master Chief could actually come out of the building and shoot Crash, to which the bandicoot could reply "you new guys are no fun with your guns and stuff..." LOL
maddskull  +   273d ago
what if microsoft bought the ip it would be my worst nightmare
ZodTheRipper  +   273d ago
lol that thought just made me cringe
WickedLester  +   273d ago
Nah! They're too busy working on a sequel to "Blinx." LOL!
Z_-_D_-_3  +   273d ago
Hahahaha, another Rare situation indeed. They'd end up bodying Banjo Kazooie AND Crash Bandicoot.
Double_Oh_Snap  +   273d ago
The plot thickens
lnvisibleMan  +   273d ago
Hope the plot ends with me smashing the piggy bank
#2.1 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Shadow Flare  +   273d ago
The plots gonna end with me pissing my pants
-Foxtrot  +   273d ago
VGA's...please :)

All I want is for the lights to cut off and suddenly you hear

"Prepare yourselves...It's time for another NAUGHTYDOG CREATION"

<cue theme music>

Crash Bandicoot 4 appears on screen with the classic Crash we know and love and the old school Aku Aku floating next to him.
#3 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(35) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Double_Oh_Snap  +   273d ago
Too good to be true. I can dream though.
cloud495  +   273d ago
Also they should get a guy wearing the Crash Bandicoot costume to crash the VGAs and say: Hey plumber boy, mustache man, your worst nightmare has arrived.
maddskull  +   273d ago
no he should say hey armored spartan your worst nightmare has arrived referring to halo
ZodTheRipper  +   273d ago
Master Chief is nothing against the Bandicoot.
These childhood memories are golden.
#3.2.2 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
Blackdeath_663  +   273d ago
too soon. we are still discussing the license here let alone a game being made. but man to hear this one more time http://www.youtube.com/watc... would make my day and a lot more besides that
#3.3 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
iiwii  +   273d ago
^^ Remembers the opening sequence to Donkey Kong Country.

Old school meets new
Chrono  +   273d ago
A Crash game for PS4 would give a massive sales boost for the console if it's done right.
#4 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(27) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
GentlemenRUs  +   273d ago
Activision killed it off like a dead limb last night... Boycotting em as we speak!

Sony should do a FORCED buy-back.
#5 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Intentions  +   273d ago
Embargo
WeAreLegion  +   273d ago
Can't wait for the announcement. I expect it at E3.
#7 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
SpiralTear  +   273d ago
Interesting...

Not sure how a new Crash game would go about (would it be a retro kind of thing like the original or something completely new), but I'd love to see this license go back to Sony. The Crash games that were on Playstation are still fantastic to play.
smashcrashbash  +   273d ago
They are being too dodgy about it.Very suspicious. Why should Activision just kill it off but still want to keep it? Wouldn't it make more sense to sell the rights off and get some cash?
#9 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
sprinterboy  +   273d ago
Maybe it's vita exclusive to give it that extra boost in sales with a price drop bundle
iiwii  +   273d ago
Hmm.. Hadn't thought about that.
jukins  +   273d ago
could be sony bends next project
Half-Mafia  +   273d ago
That's got the be the funniest thing I've heard in a while. You cant comment on something you own.
admiralvic  +   273d ago
A lot of business trades are hush hush and dropping any information could get them in trouble. So while no comment was said, it probably means someone is looking to buy it or Activision is thinking about selling it. This could also just be hype for another god awful game (sorry, but some of the later ones were dreadful).
SoapShoes  +   273d ago
If Sony owns the franchise again I only want Naughty Dog or if that isn't possible(due to Uncharted/TLOU2) then Sanzaru is really the only other studio I'd want to work on it.
Lionalliance  +   273d ago
I think both sides are lying cause they want to keep it a secret and surprise us.
DeletedAcc  +   273d ago
NAUGHTYDOG
Team 1: PS4 game 2016/2017
Team 2: UNCHARTED
Team 3: Crash Bandicoot (PLEEAAAAAASE)
MidnytRain  +   273d ago
I thought they only had 2 teams.
DeletedAcc  +   273d ago
Hey a man can dream :)
sprinterboy  +   273d ago
Crash was great back in the day, but with kids and adults just liking shooters I wonder if it is best left in the past. Heard so many times in forums would love another "X game" then when they make it, sales are poor.
Chris558  +   273d ago
you understimate this could sell millions if done right
KwietStorm  +   273d ago
Well I guess that would appease many people. A new Uncharted AND Crash coming back home. All they need is a new Jak and everyone would hold hands in the streets.
BlackWolf  +   273d ago
Everthing points that Crash is back at home.. I really hope it does.
smashcrashbash  +   273d ago
Anyway if it is true or not eventually we will know.I mean everyone was so ready to claim PASBR was completely fake and despite all the denials and claims that it was fake it still came to pass. Who knows.Misdirection would be a good way to keep it under wraps.Unless Activision is trying to say that they are reinventing Crash which is the reason why they are removing every original trace of him,I doubt Activision as a business would just toss him out without even asking if anyone wants him.
Master-H  +   273d ago
Scumbag Activi$ion.
Moncole  +   273d ago
People should know the devs who made Crash what it was on the PS don't work at ND anymore
Bathyj  +   273d ago
I dont really think it matters. Naughty Dog dont know how to make a bad game. The only thing they cant do is suck.
Moncole  +   273d ago
I agree they make great games but it doesn't mean they will be great at every genre. For example Double Helix made bad games and they did a great job on Killer Instict. ND is great at making cinimatic games but we don't know how they will do with platformers because the people who made Crash domt work their anymore.
#21.1.1 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report
CalebZachary8411  +   273d ago
Doesn't matter. Naughty Dog is one of the more successful studios.
SoapShoes  +   273d ago
Yes but that doesn't mean they have less talent...
dboyc310  +   273d ago
MM would be perfect for a Crash platformer. I'm currently playing Tearaway and it's truly amazing and I can invasion what a Crash game by them would look like. AMAZING!!! Just happy the franchise could be back to it's home
#21.4 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Bathyj  +   273d ago
Poor Sony and Activision. Its impossible to keep a secret in this day and age.

Obviously something is going on, deals are being made, money is being exchanged, know are being fiddled, and Crash is changing hands, its just not a down deal yet or not ready to be talked about.

Now I just hope that its Sony doing the buying. Anyone else would be more bitter than sweet.

Plus dont get too excited, even if theyre buying Crash, its likey they havent started the game yet. Why make a game before you own the license in case the deal falls though.

Best case scenarios is Sony buys Crash, Naughty Dogs Uncharted 3 team is doing Uncharted 4:The Scully Chronicles, while the Uncharted 2/Last of Us team get started working on Crash 4 and its Naughty Dogs 2nd PS4 game due 2015.

Smiles all round.
BABY-JEDI  +   273d ago
I just hope if we have another Crash game, they get the fur physics right. That would be awesome
; D
Rhezin  +   273d ago
God I hope there's a Sony Crash in the works. NEEDS TO BE! I played the hell outta the crash games on ps1. Really the highlight for me that generation alongside syphon filter.
621infamous  +   273d ago
Crash come back home!
Lord_Frieza  +   273d ago
the plot thickens
meatysausage  +   273d ago
Nothing would make me happier than to see crash back. If it happens I want go to go back to the first three in the series, a classic platformer which made the series so dqmn good. Please naugthy dog, please
cell989  +   273d ago
Activision let him go already, if youre not going to use him, let others bring him back
Maldread  +   273d ago
Sounds like something`s going on. It would be no reason to say no comment, if nothing had changed.

I`m really happy if it`s a true :)Crash was great games in the hands of ND, before everything went straight to hell with Activision.

BUT, and this is a big BUT (and not in a hey now that`s a booty, kind of way). If Sony bought it back i doubt ND would be making it, bacause they`re too busy with Uncharted and maybe a Last of Us sequel. MM could be a candidate too, but i think they`ve already got too much going on, and would rather do their own stuff.

Therefor my money is on Tarsier Studios/Double Eleven which developed LBP on Vita. Great developers who can make platformers :)
#29 (Edited 273d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Aztec_MC  +   272d ago
Platformers FTW!

Dead Rising Movie Director Possibly Selected

32m ago - A recent report may have announced the director for the upcoming Dead Rising film. | Culture

First Free Hyrule Warriors Update to Bring New Game Mode

32m ago - Twinfinite writes, "Hyrule Warriors will be taking a bit of a different approach, as the first fr... | Wii U

World of Tanks Blitz Strategy Guide

50m ago - AppGamer has a walkthrough guide intended to provide you with an easy-to-follow tutorial for the... | iPhone

Battle Fleet 2 Review | AppGamer

50m ago - It is fair to say that game studio Capital J Media knew precisely what it was doing when it put t... | iPhone

Win a Titan One from N4G and ConsoleTuner!

Now - We're giving away three Titan Ones from ConsoleTuner (original inventors of the Cronus and CronusMAX)! The Titan One device makes modded controller... | Promoted post

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Review – Weed Free - PSLS

1h ago - "If you’d have told me a year ago that Plants vs. Zombies, the mobile tower-defense title was goi... | Xbox 360